Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The easel is an announcement of the birth. It is actually how royal births were announced to the public before radio, TV, Twitter, instagram, etc

I know how royal births have been announced in the past - I've seen plenty of them over the years. :)

It's interesting that they delayed the announcement that Meghan was in labour until the start of the North American business day, especially since the baby was eight hours old at the time of the initial announcement.

Incidentally, the royal family channel on YouTube has a slightly longer version of Harry's interview this morning, in which you can see him walk into the stable courtyards.

A baby boy! Congrats Harry and Meghan! It seems like almost everyone was hoping for a girl or thought it would be a girl. But I've been on the boy train since the beginning. It's going to be so awesome seeing Harry with a son!

What a nice surprise, too, to see him come out and speak. His joy and pride was palpable and just makes you love him even more.

It's interesting that they delayed the announcement that Meghan was in labour until the start of the North American business day, especially since the baby was eight hours old at the time of the initial announcement.

Incidentally, the royal family channel on YouTube has a slightly longer version of Harry's interview this morning, in which you can see him walk into the stable courtyards.

In addition to the royal family and the Spencer’s, there may have been some people in North America who they felt should hear word of the baby directly from them before it was all over the news.

In addition to the royal family and the Spencer’s, there may have been some people in North America who they felt should hear word of the baby directly from them before it was all over the news.

That's probably true, loonytick. I've just gotten so used to waking up to announcements about royal babies that it really stood out to wake up, check the news, see nothing, and then find out at 9am about the baby.

They may have waited to coincide with the American breakfast shows. Gayle King arrived in Britain today.

Umm, no- actually it is great. I speak from experience. Meghan’s labor and delivery sounds similar to my first. My second was even quicker.

Lucky for you! I had a very fast delivery of my son and it did damage that still gives me trouble, 17 years later. My doctor has said several times that most women's bodies are made to take a little time with the process, so a rush of a delivery is often...brutal.

Hopefully Meghan's wasn't the brutal kind of fast and she's recovering nicely. If nothing else she surely needs some sleep after laboring in the dark hours!

They may have waited to coincide with the American breakfast shows. Gayle King arrived in Britain today.

Actually no, Gayle King was in Britain last week. She was back in studio today.

According to Richard Palmer

"No signatures of medical staff because the couple don’t want the public to know who attended at the birth"

"No signatures of medical staff because the couple don’t want the public to know who attended at the birth"

Why are people surprised they won't announce details around the birthing plan? I mean, they told you a few weeks ago. :lol:

By the way, Alexi Lubomirski (the photographer responsible for Sussexes' engagement and wedding photos) was on air doing an interview on This Morning as the announcement of early morning labor was made.

Last edited:
I think Earl of Dumbarton is an unfortunate title because he may be called Dummy at school although I don't think that the British have dummy as a derogatory word as in North America.

And how would Richard Palmer know this??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Earl of Dumbarton is an unfortunate title because he may be called Dummy at school although I don't think that the British have dummy as a derogatory word as in North America.

I've been thinking that too. :sad:

Yayyyyy!!! I was convinced it was a girl but no matter...I know he's gorgeous and healthy so that's good! Welcome to the world, my little Lord Dumbarton!

And unless Meghan was in labor long before the announcement, it sounds like that was a quick delivery!!:ohmy:;)

And how would Richard Palmer know this??

Generally, reporters contact someone in the press office and get information from them.

People act as if there's absolutely no contact between the press office and the reporters on the royal beat; what purpose is a press office if not to communicate with the press? Honestly, the automatic skepticism of everything that reporters say is becoming beyond tiresome.

As for Harry and Meghan wanting to keep the medical professionals private, I think it's a kindness given the utter bollocks from the anti-Meghan crowd. Let the midwife, etc, keep their privacy because if you announce who they are, some deranged tinhat is going to show up on their doorstep to accost them the way that tinhat showed up at the hotel in NYC. The difference being, of course, that Meghan had good security in NYC and the medical professionals don't.

Theresa May

Verified account

@theresa_may
Follow Follow @theresa_may
More
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the arrival of their baby boy. Wishing you all the best at this happy time.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the birth of their son Earl of Dumbarton. An exciting time for all. Best wishes!

And this song certainly perfectly reflects the feelings of new parents:

:previous:

What is the title? Because the link does not open in Europe.

In no particular order I hope he is named John for Harry's late maternal grandfather Earl Spencer, and Charles after the Prince of Wales!;)

Last edited:
LOL, I love it :lol:
Have Suits posted anything yet?

Yup.

Sarah Rafferty

Verified account

@sarahgrafferty
Follow Follow @sarahgrafferty
More
Hearts are leaping for a beautiful, wondrous and healthy baby boy! Sending much love and wishes for every blessing across the pond today and everyday! ❤️

Patrick J Adams

Verified account

@halfadams
Follow Follow @halfadams
More
Just heard that the world just got heavier by 7 pounds and 3 ounces. Much love to him and his incredible parents. Learned first hand 7 months ago how transformational becoming a parent is and couldn’t be happier for Meghan and Harry as they begin this adventure. #playdatesoon

8:58 AM - 6 May 2019

From USO.

USO

Verified account

@the_USO
Follow Follow @the_USO
More
Congrats to USO tour veteran and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, on the birth of her baby boy! In 2014, Meghan joined the USO Chariman's Holiday Tour - spending the holidays with deployed service members. #BeTheForce

I feel like it has more to do with a; Henry being comfortable to leave his wife and child’s side to make the announcement and b; to catch the evening papers.

I feel like it has more to do with a; Henry being comfortable to leave his wife and child’s side to make the announcement and b; to catch the evening papers.

I also think the situation was fluid depending on when the time of everything came. There was obviously no way for them to announce the labor before she actually gave birth since it's all happened overnight. The baby was here by sunrise (literally).

At that point, they might as well do it when the timing is right for them. They announced the labor to let the reporters enough time to get to Windsor if they were in London.

He will automatically become a HRH when Charles is King. Duke of York? That's not been said at all.

LaRae

I don't know how he will manage to be Duke of York when Andrew is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom