Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on the birth of their new baby son!

It was a lovely surprise to see Harry and more than just the announcement of the birth that I expected.

And on a Bank Holiday too;)

DRATS!!! I was in a business meeting when the news was announced.

Welcome to the world baby Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton.

I got it right about being a boy. And Harry looked so giddy with joy over the birth of his first child.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!

Congratulations to the new Earl of Dumbarton!

I personally think that the child should be a Prince. He is the grandson of the future King, the son of the future Duke of York.

He will automatically become a HRH when Charles is King. Duke of York? That's not been said at all.

LaRae

No doctors signed the document on the easel.

All three of Catherine's doctors signed when she gave birth

Is that usual ? Or are the identities of the medical team also being kept secret ( maybe not to disclose the place of birth) ?

Last edited:
Is that usual ? Or iare he identities of the medical team also being kept secret ( maybe not to disclose the place of birth) ?

The doctors sign to 'verify' the birth. Just to make sure the stork didn't arrive with it lol.

If she delivered at home with a midwife things may be handled differently than babies born at hospital.

LaRae

If she delivered at home with a midwife things may be handled differently than babies born at hospital.

LaRae

I find it hard to believe she wouldn’t have a full medical team in attendance even with a home birth.

What wonderful news! The happiest days are when babies come.[emoji255]

Going to bed last night I’d had a feeling she might have been induced and we’d have happy news in the morning. I was induced in the late afternoon and didn’t arrive until the wee hours of the morning. But labor itself war only a few hours. One the drug finally kicked in...showtime!

From Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama

Verified account

@MichelleObama
Follow Follow @MichelleObama
More Michelle Obama Retweeted The Royal Family
Congratulations, Meghan and Harry! Barack and I are so thrilled for both of you and can't wait to meet him. #RoyalBaby

That's because today's document isn't an announcement of the birth. It's an announcement of the Queen's & family's delight at the news.

That's because today's document isn't an announcement of the birth. It's an announcement of the Queen's & family's delight at the news.

I disagree. The easel is an announcement of the birth. It is actually how royal births were announced to the public before radio, TV, Twitter, instagram, etc

Congrats to the parenrs, looking forward to the name ;) also very glad all the speculation is now finished ;)

Charles, William, George, Baby Sussex - first-born males.

Little Prince Louis now has two boy cousins about his age!

Who is the other cousin besides Prince Louis?

According to the royal family Twitter it's a notice of birth.

It’s a very different style of “document,” when I looked back to compare it to what was posted on the easel after George’s birth. Today’s reads like a statement issued by the Queen (“The Queen and the Royal Family are delighted...”). George’s was formatted almost like a certificate from the doctors (“Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered...”). I haven’t found older examples to be able to see if the format has changed depending on who gave birth or if this is a big departure.

According to the royal family Twitter it's a notice of birth.

Whatever they call it, it's not an official announcement of the birth so doesn't need any doctors' signatures. It's letting people know the Queen & family's response to the news. The wording is quite different to the official announcements of previous births, which were endorsed by doctors' signatures.

It’s a very different style of “document,” when I looked back to compare it to what was posted on the easel after George’s birth. Today’s reads like a statement issued by the Queen (“The Queen and the Royal Family are delighted...”). George’s was formatted almost like a certificate from the doctors (“Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered...”). I haven’t found older examples to be able to see if the format has changed depending on who gave birth or if this is a big departure.

Who officially gets an easel announcement in the RF anyway ? I assumed the Earl of Dumbarton wouldn’t get one, so maybe you are right that was a different type of announcement.

Who officially gets an easel announcement in the RF anyway ? I assumed the Earl of Dumbarton wouldn’t get one, so maybe you are right that was a different type of announcement.

Technically the baby isn’t royal (even though his parents are) so technically they feel a more familial approach makes sense, perhaps?

Anyways, a bit of nice "behind the scene" on Harry's mini press conference.

Away from the cameras his relaxed, easy going demeanour revealed the duke was still on a high after witnessing the miracle of childbirth, but confessed “I’ve had about two hours’ sleep”.

The duke even apologised about the short notice for the press conference and joked with a cameraman who said sorry for not wearing a tie, telling him “you’re a cameraman, you can get away with it”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-06/duke-of-sussex-basks-in-joy-of-becoming-a-new-father/

Technically the baby isn’t royal (even though his parents are) so technically they feel a more familial approach makes sense, perhaps?

I think they are just being a little sneaky because whatever they planned has gone off so well that they want to use it again for the future. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom