Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised, I thought the baby would be a girl!
But it doesn't really matter; I'm sure they are thrilled with their tiny earl!
Well, this narrows down the name choices!

'Just a reminder to everyone --- even the Queen delivered all 4 of her children at home. It's not that unusual. Frankly, Meghan is in excellent condition and does yoga every day … she was probably in better shape than most expectant mothers.

Congratulations to the new parents and their families!!!

Congratulations!

I thought it would be a girl, but boy is good too))

Last edited:
I'm surprised, I thought the baby would be a girl!
But it doesn't really matter; I'm sure they are thrilled with their tiny earl!
Well, this narrows down the name choices!

I keep a file with the line of succession to each kingdom in Europe, which I update from time to time when there is a royal birth. For the UK, I list only the descendants of sons of King George V though to keep it short. Somehow I was so sure it would be a boy that I had already included Earl of Dumbarton (xxx Mountbatten-Windsor, b. 2019) under Harry’s name on the list. I just have to insert the given name now !

Last edited:
... I'd feel pretty bad had it been a girl since I was so certain it'd be a boy in the last few months.

Feel bad if it was a girl? Why on earth why? I thought it would be a girl, simply because I know how much Meghan is a feminist and would make a great mother to a little girl, as her mother was to her. However, that said, I am certainly happy for them having a boy. The main thing is having a healthy child, and that has happened.

And it also appears as if Meghan was able to give birth at home. That's great!

Harry was so happy in giving the announcement himself. He was rubbing his hands together so excitedly. It's lovely for Harry, Meghan and Doria. I'm happy for them, and I wish them well.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the birth of the Earl of Dumbarton!

Feel bad if it was a girl? Why on earth why? I thought it would be a girl, simply because I know how much Meghan is a feminist and would make a great mother to a little girl, as her mother was to her. However, that said, I am certainly happy for them having a boy. The main thing is having a healthy child, and that has happened.

And it also appears as if Meghan was able to give birth at home. That's great!

Harry was so happy in giving the announcement himself. He was rubbing his hands together so excitedly. It's lovely for Harry, Meghan and Doria. I'm happy for them, and I wish them well.

No, no, no, I'd be just as happy if it had been a girl. I'd just felt awful for calling her a he for the last few weeks. :lol:

'Just a reminder to everyone --- even the Queen delivered all 4 of her children at home. It's not that unusual. Frankly, Meghan is in excellent condition and does yoga every day … she was probably in better shape than most expectant mothers.

Exactly, the posing outside the hospital is in royal terms fairly new. All royal babies were born in the palace, as opposed to a hospital.

So yes they have done things different to the Cambridges but not really new, in fact more traditional. Although I would agree that Harry coming out to announce the birth of his son was a modern touch.

Congratulations to the parents
I saw video of Prince Harry talking about the birth of his son and it was cute very cute he looks so happy proud and thrilled like little kid..so nice, i wishe them the best with their baby.

One thing I really hoped for happened. Seeing Harry's face after the birth of his first child. Not only did he look overjoyed and happy and excited, I could still see the softness in his face from witnessing the miracle of birth.

We really weren't expecting Harry to face the cameras after the birth but I think he wanted to shout it out to the world that he and Meghan have a son.

Harry looks tired and so happy in the video he did. Said they are still deciding on a name and the baby was a little late/overdue. Photo call in two days time.

I think she had the baby at home.

I guessed a boy so I got that right at least! lol

Can't wait to see pics and hear the name!

LaRae

I am so incredibly excited!! I just watched the video of Harry talking about the baby. That baby already has Harry wrapped around his little finger. :D For all the complaining that the press has done, I hope they appreciate the personal statement by the Prince about the birth. Also, he said the plan was to see them as a family in a couple of days, so the press has nothing to complain about. This is all so exciting I can barely contain myself!! :bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, the posing outside the hospital is in royal terms fairly new. All royal babies were born in the palace, as opposed to a hospital.

So yes they have done things different to the Cambridges but not really new, in fact more traditional. Although I would agree that Harry coming out to announce the birth of his son was a modern touch.

Yes, but in the two generations following the Queen’s , hospital deliveries appear to have become the norm, not only in Britain , but in continental royal births too. So it is understandable if some people are surprised Meghan chose to have a home birth, if that was the case. Since they are not disclosing the place of birth ( perhaps not to tip the press about locations of future births ?) , there is no way to know for sure.

Last edited:
Savannah Guthrie

Verified account

@SavannahGuthrie
Follow Follow @SavannahGuthrie
More
Royal baby update: the traditional easel announcing the birth of baby boy Sussex will be set up later this afternoon at Buckingham Palace

We have had these lovely father statements by European crown princes, I recall Sweden, Denmark and Netherlands

Yes, but in the two generations following the Queen’s , hospital deliveries appear to have become the norm, not only in Britain , but in continental royal births too. So it is understandable if some people are surprised Meghan chose to have a home birth, if that was the case. Since they are not disclosing the place of birth ( perhaps not to tip the press about locations of future births ?) , there is no way to know for sure.

Not sure how it is in the States - but in Germany and Switzerland there has been a trend of home birthing or at least having the birth at a birth house (for lack of better translating) instead of a hospital. So I'm not surprized at all that, that they at least thought about it.

If the media went mad about the Ambulance in the car park you had better believe they had every access road well covered.

Congratulations to Harry and Megan on the birth of their son the new Earl of Dumbarton. I feel doubly excited about this. My oldest granddaughter shares a birthday with Princess Charlotte (although my gd is now 12) and her younger sister shares one with new Baby Sussex (although she is now 10)

Not sure how it is in the States - but in Germany and Switzerland there has been a trend of home birthing or at least having the birth at a birth house (for lack of better translating) instead of a hospital. So I'm not surprized at all that, that they at least thought about it.

There has been some in US, but most are still born in hospitals. I would say, doctors and nurses are still weary of home births. Obviously, I'm glad everything went well. But if it was a home birth, I would hope they either don't announce it or make it clear people need to listen to their doctors since most women won't have access to the same things as Meghan.

Home births are on the rise as far as I can tell, here in the U.S. but certainly by far hospital births are done by the majority.

I think it's up to the parents....I don't have a problem with it either way.

LaRae

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on the birth of their new baby son!

It was a lovely surprise to see Harry and more than just the announcement of the birth that I expected.

If the media went mad about the Ambulance in the car park you had better believe they had every access road well covered.

Which points to a home birth. If she had been taken to a hospital , someone would have noticed it and the name of the hospital would have leaked,. Or else they are really good at sneaking out in the middle of the night .

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!

Congratulations to the new Earl of Dumbarton!

I personally think that the child should be a Prince. He is the grandson of the future King, the son of the future Duke of York.

I saw that Andrew posted a Congratulations on his Instagram account. Have any of the other senior royals posted?

I saw that Andrew posted a Congratulations on his Instagram account. Have any of the other senior royals posted?

The Royal Family twitter posted this:

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer have been informed and are delighted with the news.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!

Congratulations to the new Earl of Dumbarton!

I personally think that the child should be a Prince. He is the grandson of the future King, the son of the future Duke of York.

Where do you get the idea that Harry will be created Duke of York? Its not a given. Andrew is only 59 years old and is likely to live another good 20-30 years. I think the next creation for the Duke of York will be for Prince Louis of Cambridge on his wedding day. ;)

As the baby is a great-grandchild of a monarch, he was not entitled to "Prince" at birth. Once Charles does become King, unless he issues LPs or makes his will known that the Sussex children will remain children of a Duke, the Sussex children will be HRH Prince/ss of the UK.

That's the way it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom