Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! Harry's short press conference reminds me of Prince Daniel announcing the birth of princess Estelle. They were both a bit "all over the Place" :)

He thanked the horses too. :lol:

Charles, William, George, Baby Sussex - first-born males.

Little Prince Louis now has two boy cousins about his age!

From the Royal Family Twitter:

The Royal Family

Verified account

@RoyalFamily
Follow Follow @RoyalFamily
More
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex was safely delivered of a son at 0526hrs.
The baby weighs 7lbs 3oz and The Duke of Sussex was present for the birth.
Read the full announcement here:

The Royal Family

Verified account

@RoyalFamily
Follow Follow @RoyalFamily
More
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer have been informed and are delighted with the news.

The Duchess’s mother, Doria Ragland, who is overjoyed by the arrival of her first grandchild, is with Their Royal Highnesses at Frogmore Cottage.
Her Royal Highness and the baby are both doing well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it sounds like it was a home birth. Unless, they've been released from the hospital already. It has been more than six hours.

Congratulations to TRH the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, on the birth of their heir, the Earl of Dunbarton.

Harry was more than cute at the interview.

Welcome, little sunshine! May your life be marvellous!

Finally! Congratulations to Meghan and Harry! I had thought a girl. But my prediction on the baby's weight was only off by an ounce! I thought 7lbs 4oz, and it's 7lbs 3oz. :lol:

Born 5:26am in the morning -- just reported on the BBC

On the Sussexes Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxH36irhwcO/ It's a boy!

Last edited:
Congratulations to TRH the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, on the birth of their heir, the Earl of Dunbarton.

Isn't he just Earl of Dumbarton rather than the Earl of Dumbarton? That's still Harry right?

If you go on Sky News Live on Youtube, you can still see it. Just scroll back a little. They also have it replay, just wait a little bit.
Thank you. [emoji4]

Baby was born at 05:26am this morning and weighs 7lb 3oz.

Interesting to know that:

'The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer have been informed and are delighted with the news.'

I had a feeling it would be a boy. Congratulations to the couple and relatives as listed above. Congratulations also to Meghan's mother.

I will say I'm pretty happy it's a boy since I've been calling him a he in all my posts with the exception of guessing possible girl name if it had been a girl. :lol:

I'd feel pretty bad had it been a girl since I was so certain it'd be a boy in the last few months.

Interesting to know that:

'The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer have been informed and are delighted with the news.'

I had a feeling it would be a boy. Congratulations to the couple and relatives as listed above. Congratulations also to Meghan's mother.

Yes. I'm glad the Spencers were included as well.

I wonder when she actually started having contractions, cause if that was in the early morning hours, then the birth was very fast happening at 05:26:ohmy:

I wonder when she actually started having contractions, cause if that was in the early morning hours, then the birth was very fast happening at 05:26:ohmy:

It's not unusual. Some were saying, before the birth announcement, that early morning read like about 1AM or 2AM. But lucky her on the relatively short labor.

Harry looked a little tired but beyond happy with his wife and baby son. He was full of praise for Meghan I noticed, which is great. Little Baby Sussex finally decided to make his grand entrance after a short delay. Couldn't be happier for this couple.

Congrats!

Wow! Harry gave a short interview. That was nice.

Louis has more boy playmates, and Charlotte is still the only girl in her immediate family circle. Lol

Congratulations!! It's very good news to hear that both are well. And how cute was Harry in that interview? He is over the moon in love already with his baby boy.

Will the couple not appear together with the baby?

I respect if they decided not to, but I would still be sad not to experience this moment, seeing the family on tv.

It was probably the hard labor they spoke about. She could have been in the "periodical" labor (the early contractions), for longer than it was announced.

Congratulations! Harry's short press conference reminds me of Prince Daniel announcing the birth of princess Estelle. They were both a bit "all over the Place" :)

He seems giddy. As he should be! It’s just so lovely to see.

I respect if they decided not to, but I would still be sad not to experience this moment, seeing the family on tv.

In a couple of days' time.

Harry said they will appear as a family in two days time. So, we'll see them and the baby:flowers:

It was probably the hard labor they spoke about. She could have been in the "periodical" labor (the early contractions), for longer than it was announced.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am also thinking......and what I am hoping for Meghan......a very fast birth is awful. I dont know from experience, but I have heard many say it is.

Birth of xxx, Earl of Dumbarton: May 6, 2019

Looks like a home birth to me, surely Henry would be outside the hospital if she’d given birth in one.

There was an hour between announcement of labour to announcement of birth.

Is the Duchess still in the hospital or back at Frogmore ? I am surprised the place where she gave birth wasn't leaked if it was not a home birth (according to the DM, she was taken to a hospital, but the DM is known to make mistakes from time to time).

Sun Taurus 15°38'
Moon Capricorn 25°11'
Mercury Aries 19°45'
Venus Gemini 13°58'
Mars Capricorn 25°49'
Jupiter Scorpio 18°43'(R)
Saturn Capricorn 8°53'(R)
Uranus Aries 29°30'
Neptune Pisces 16°01'
Pluto Capricorn 21°25'(R)
I ASC Taurus 27°07'
II Gemini 20°49'