Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No such announcement was made during Harry's wedding. That announcement was made during Edward's wedding.

The fact that no announcement was made is because, in my opinion, none was necessary.

Without any new Letters Patent - or the use of The Queen's Will or a Royal Warrant - the children of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's children will be styled as the children of a Duke until Charles becomes King when they will automatically become Prince/Princess or an announcement is then made that they will remain as they are - Lord/Lady with the eldest son as Earl of Dumbarton.

Edward's situation was different as he was asking for his children to be given lesser titles than they are entitled to under the 1917 LPs while Lord/Lady is the default position for Harry's children under those same LPs.

No such announcement was made during Harry's wedding. That announcement was made during Edward's wedding.
The relevant announcement I was talking about was the announcement about Harry's titles: Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton, Baron Kilkeel.

Because of that announcement this baby will be known as the Earl of Dumbarton. Had the queen announced his titles as Duke of Sussex, Earl of Wonderland, Baron Kilkeel, this baby would have been known as 'Earl of Wonderland' :D.

Last edited:
Yes for Louise:

This is the entry for Louise on the 8th November

The Countess of Wessex was safely delivered of a daughter at 11.32 pm today. Her Royal Highness and her child are both stable. Signed: Mr Gareth Beynon, Mr. Sukhpal Singh, Anne Deans, Dr Peta Maltby, Dr Melinda Brazier, Dr Claire Edkins, Mr. Adam Lewis and Mr. Marcus Setchell.

No for James

Só, if H&M want to keep the identities of the medical team private, they might have a problem if a note is posted to the CC.

It will be up to the Queen to decide what information to include in the CC. If she wants to put in the names of the medical team she will but she may also respect the wishes of the doctors and Harry and Meghan if they don't want that information made public.

Richard Palmer has explained his comment about the announcement being an absolute shambles.

Yes, the palace was supposed to send out an email to inform the media that she had gone into labour but it didn’t send apparently. It’s not the first time they have screwed up these big announcements. So it came out in a chaotic way, a model of how not to do it. -

The palace email system broke, as it has on previous occasions when they have needed to inform a large number of journalists. So instead of informing everyone at once they found themselves inundated with journalists from all over the world calling to try to check. -

So it wasn't that he was "whining" about the way they announced it; it's that the palace's I.T. failed, and so the announcement was an utter mess. I suppose his point is that the I.T. and Comms departments should have made sure their essential systems were in proper working order before starting on bells and whistles like I.G. accounts. IMO, he has a point.

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

A beautiful song for Harry and Little Earl D

Congratulations to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The happiest days are when babies are born!

It was lovely that Harry came out to announce the birth. It was such a personal touch and he looked so excited. While we all enjoyed seeing Kate and her babies outside the Lindo Wing, I can't help but think that a photocall two days after the birth is much more sensible. Posing for the press hours after birth is one "tradition" that needs to go in my opinion. Not that 40 years is enough for it to be called a tradition.

I can’t stop watching Harry’s video. His laugh and jump slay me. He so happy. I’m really looking forward to their photo call.

This is a sweet body language analysis of Harry's joyous reactions:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prince-harry-body-language-tells-222100346.html

Congratulations to the Sussex couple on the birth of the Earl of Dumbarton! I had a feeling that it was a boy, since they are more likely to go overdue...

Is this just an old wives tale, or is there actually any medical basis for this belief? I'd love to know because I've heard this mentioned more than once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this just an old wives tale, or is there actually any medical basis for this belief? I'd love to know because I've heard this mentioned more than once.

I picked it up from an article about overdue pregnancies, and I don't recall it being presented as an old wive's tale (I usually scoff at those).

I have a feeling the announcement of the baby's name will be epic. And the "reveal" will be as
well.

Oh my stars! I've been on cloud 9 all day! What an absolutely lovely day it has been for all of us who have followed Harry for soo many years. A lil boy!

I am SOO happy Meghan was able to have the birth she wanted (from all accounts) with the people most special to her near! So happy for a healthy mama and baby.

Harry's joy? Just amazing. I am seeing people who I never see comment on royal news or births really complimenting Harry for his awe and love for his wife. Just a truly special moment to share with us!

This whole thing was PERFECT. Having Harry come out to announce the birth and gender felt personal, but also gave us that royal moment. Meghan can now rest and we get close, intimate and clear shots of the whole family when she is a little more up on her feet.

I was a big fan of the Lindo Wing set up and not happy when we learned we wouldnt get it. But this approach is IMO perfect. Still momentous and royal, but also personal. Hopefully this sets a precedent for future births---no matter the position in the line of succession.

It's nice to see many people, even some royal reporters melting like mush and coming around to a sensible reaction to Meghan's and Harry's stated desires. ?

The whole Lindo Wing set-up was never ideal. Diana did not like it either time. She is known to have said how much her stitches were killing her after giving birth to William, and how hard it was for her to walk out of the hospital and smile. Prince Charles was carrying William at that time, likely because Diana wasn't feeling very stable. Or maybe she carried him and then handed him off to Charles. In any case, Diana later said that once the car pulled away from the hospital and was out of sight of the cameras, she broke down crying. If you don't have to subject yourself to that, why do so?

It was just that Princess Anne and the Duchess of Gloucester were the first royal women to give birth at a hospital, only days apart in November 1977. And seemingly a small, informal crowd had gathered back then as Princess Anne was leaving the hospital. But it was seemingly very casual, and Anne did not really pose, although she did smile toward the photographers. There's a shot of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester with their baby inside a vehicle before they pulled away.

Because Diana's first child was heir to the throne, the crowds were larger and numbers of people had spent nights outside the hospital. I don't think that's a very good scenario. There had been discussion of Diana giving birth at the palace, but I think she preferred the safer confines of a hospital.

I hope it will eventually be confirmed where Baby Sussex's birth took place. I wouldn't rely on reporting by the Daily Mail.

Y’all, Harry has his own heir. It seems just like yesterday that Meghan was wrapping up her last season on Suits. Now she’s married, a senior royal and a mother to the seventh in line to the British throne. This is just amazing.

^^ Yes, absolutely @Dman. It all happened swiftly, as if it was meant to be. I do believe this couple's connection is fated and truly blessed. As Harry said in their engagement interview: "All the stars were aligned when we met..."

I picked it up from an article about overdue pregnancies, and I don't recall it being presented as an old wive's tale (I usually scoff at those).

Here are some mothers sharing their overdue experiences, and babys' genders. Some overdues are girls, but there are apparently many overdue boys.
https://community.babycentre.co.uk/...or_were_overdue_was_your_baby_a_boy_or_a_girl

This article also suggests that boys are more often overdue, but I'm still hoping to find out if there's a medical reason why.
https://www.romper.com/p/5-signs-your-baby-is-going-to-be-late-to-the-birth-party-21816

Last edited:
Yes, quite a contrast to the engagement announcement that included her father, while this one includes Harry's aunts and uncle on his mother's side but not the maternal grandfather.

I think these two entirely separate issues. The engagement announcement typically do not include other family members. In fact, the actually announcement came from Prince Charles’ office as they normally do. Baby announcements don’t really have as much tradition on who to include and not. And it came from the Sussexes’ office. While the engagement announcement didn’t mention Diana’s family, Harry and Meghan did talk about them in the interview.

Thomas Markle was mentioned in the KP’s statement on behalf of Meghan’s parents because he was informed 18 months ago. We all know why he wasn’t today.

Y’all, Harry has his own heir. It seems just like yesterday that Meghan was wrapping up her last season on Suits. Now she’s married, a senior royal and a mother to the seventh in line to the British throne. This is just amazing.

I saw something funny today about this, but I wasn’t sure about posting it. I mean no ill will, so I apologize to my fellow U.K. posters if they are upset by it.

One of the FT journalists made a joke on twitter that since the referendum, we’ve found out Meghan and Harry are dating, engaged, married, pregnant, and now parents. He mused how old this child will be when Brexit finally happens. Or perhaps a better question is old his grandchild will be. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT WAS QUICK!:ohmy: Now we just need the analysis to keep us entertained for the next couple of days. :lol:

I don't know if an analysis of Baby Sussex's birth chart was posted yet. I found this one:

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-advice/royal-baby-sussex-birth-chart/

“The royal baby was born just before sunrise and so he is a double Taurus, Sun and Rising Sign—aka Ascendant. Like all ‘double’ Rising Signs he will be a case of ‘what you see is what you get.' ... he will grow up to be both strong and persevering—great traits for a potential leader—but will do this in ways that are inventive and unusual. We say this because the planet Uranus, which in astrology is associated with revolutionary inventions and free thinking, was just above the horizon and so this energy colors his double Taurus way of presenting himself to the world...

"... he will be a leader in whatever he chooses to do and, because of his Moon being in the sign of Gemini and in the First House of his birth horoscope chart, he will be known as one of the greatest intellects and orators ever to be a part of the Royal Family...

"... astrologists expect him to be outgoing like his dad. His Jupiter is in the sign of Sagittarius, the most fortunate position for the planet known as The Bringer of Good Fortune and it is in the Eight House of his chart, the house of power and the stewardship of other people’s resources..."

Richard Palmer has explained his comment about the announcement being an absolute shambles.

So it wasn't that he was "whining" about the way they announced it; it's that the palace's I.T. failed, and so the announcement was an utter mess. I suppose his point is that the I.T. and Comms departments should have made sure their essential systems were in proper working order before starting on bells and whistles like I.G. accounts. IMO, he has a point.

I thought the Palace didn’t announce things in the middle of the night? That they waited until morning.

I think these two entirely separate issues. The engagement announcement typically do not include other family members. In fact, the actually announcement came from Prince Charles’ office as they normally do. Baby announcements don’t really have as much tradition on who to include and not. And it came from the Sussexes’ office. While the engagement announcement didn’t mention Diana’s family, Harry and Meghan did talk about them in the interview.

Thomas Markle was mentioned in the KP’s statement on behalf of Meghan’s parents because he was informed 18 months ago. We all know why he wasn’t today.

It seems you misunderstood my message. I was not in anyway suggesting that Harry's aunts and uncles should have been included in the engagement announcement. I am saying that including someone in the engagement announcement and NOT including that same person in the birth announcement (while including others such as his aunts and uncle but also his brother and sister-in-law) is significant. And yes, we know why, but that doesn't make it less significant.

I thought the Palace didn’t announce things in the middle of the night? That they waited until morning.

That’s what Chris Ship said a few days ago. That still doesn’t explain his dig at IG since nothing was posted on there until the birth announcement came out.

Sorry, I'm confused; what's the connection between waiting til morning and not getting an email at all because the email system went down at the Palace?

And since they waited until 2pm British time to announce her labour, I'm doubly confused.

Sorry, I'm confused; what's the connection between waiting til morning and not getting an email at all because the email system went down at the Palace?

And since they waited until 2pm British time to announce her labour, I'm doubly confused.

Has anyone else talked about the email situation? It’s odd that he’s the only one that knows. Especially since they’ve all been talking about the time.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, but really happy and elated for Harry and Meghan! Such a wonderful news to learn in the middle of a really hectic day!

Harry's short interview was such a personable, nice gesture. Giving all the necessary details himself, while looking so incredibly happy.. It just warmed my heart!!

Apparently Wednesday is going to be the day of the photocall. Can't wait!!!

From what I understand they would have waited until HMQ rose before announcing the baby. As the little one was born at 5:26am they would have had a few hours before anyone other than Doria knew.

As for the reporters? Apparently BP meant to send the email announcing that she went into labor early in the morning a good hour before that actually got it. This was meant to people would have time to get to the Long Walk and prep. Unfortunately the email draft froze or was stuck therefore it didn't send.

So all the info was sent closer together than meant. Palmer was annoyed because apparently this has happened in the past with the royal households.

It was just that Princess Anne and the Duchess of Gloucester were the first royal women to give birth at a hospital, only days apart in November 1977. And seemingly a small, informal crowd had gathered back then as Princess Anne was leaving the hospital. But it was seemingly very casual, and Anne did not really pose, although she did smile toward the photographers. There's a shot of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester with their baby inside a vehicle before they pulled away.
The first royal woman to give birth in a hospital was in 1970 when The Duchess of Kent delivered Lord Nicholas Windsor. The Duchess of Gloucester's son, Alexander Earl of Ulster, was born prematurely in 1974, also in hospital. The 1977 babies were Peter Phillips and Lady Davina Windsor, now Lewis. Tragically, The Duchess of Kent also delivered a stillborn son in 1977.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, but really happy and elated for Harry and Meghan! Such a wonderful news to learn in the middle of a really hectic day!

Harry's short interview was such a personable, nice gesture. Giving all the necessary details himself, while looking so incredibly happy.. It just warmed my heart!!

Apparently Wednesday is going to be the day of the photocall. Can't wait!!!

I agree with you Coco, I much prefer that we had Prince Harry speak to the media about his thoughts and feelings rather than a Lindo Wing on the steps thing like William and Kate.
It was very generous of Prince Harry to share with us and much more preferable.

Daily mail is now reporting the baby was born at Portland hospital

If that is true and Meghan and the baby are back at Windsor, she went in and out of the hospital in an amazingly short time.

EDIT: I just found out that the possible future Jacobite. heir to the thrones of England and Scotland, Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, was also born at Portland hospital, which is quite interesting.

No one knows where Meghan have birth, DM are just guessing. Buckingham Palace/Sussex Royal aren’t telling anyone, however they cannot hide the names that will appear in the birth certificate in the next 43 days.

So we will know either way.

Thanks, I learned something new! Although I still think there is a difference between how they are known and what they are; which was my initial point as I stated from the start that this baby will be known with Harry's subsidiary title without being the actual earl. So, as he is not an earl himself, the alternative to being a Lord would be to be a mere 'mr' while his younger siblings would be Lord and Lady...

Can you give an example of a Duke without subsidiary titles and what his eldest son is known as? (but we should probably move this discussion to a different thread)

AFAIK there is none. There is one who was created a duke after having been a Viscount before, so this Viscountcy is all his heir gets, but other than that, I only know of dukes who were created with subsidiary titles if they haven't got them before. There are not so many dukes, anyway.

Here is a lengthy article from Wiki aboutthe tiltes of the peerage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesy_titles_in_the_United_Kingdom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom