The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1461  
Old 06-23-2019, 09:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,421
Not muich to say about a baby who's barely a month old?
__________________

  #1462  
Old 06-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 3,283
The only clue we have as to what we might expect in terms of seeing Archie is how the Cambridges have handled their children's exposure, so I think some comparisons are inevitable. Of course we have no idea what choices the Sussexes will make, they might handle everything totally differently, as is their prerogative.
__________________

  #1463  
Old 06-25-2019, 02:08 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,599
Let's move on please.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #1464  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,380
The christening thread has been closed so I'm posting this here. In today's Sunday Times Roya Nikkah claims Tiggy ( Legge-Bourke) Pettifer and Mark Dyer are among Archie's godparents along with Charlie von Straubenzee.

I have no idea if this is accurate - she doesn't name her source - but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Just happened to see it while catching up on the latest Sussex news.
  #1465  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,130
Harry has been incredibly close to these two mentors over the years so I think it's quite likely the information is accurate.
  #1466  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:13 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
The christening thread has been closed so I'm posting this here. In today's Sunday Times Roya Nikkah claims Tiggy ( Legge-Bourke) Pettifer and Mark Dyer are among Archie's godparents along with Charlie von Straubenzee.

I have no idea if this is accurate - she doesn't name her source - but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Just happened to see it while catching up on the latest Sussex news.
That seems reasonable, but also makes the question of why the secrecy that much bigger.
  #1467  
Old 01-19-2020, 01:51 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
That seems reasonable, but also makes the question of why the secrecy that much bigger.
Likely due to the others. Like the bridal party, they likely had equal choices. Perhaps one or more of Megan's choices wished to remain unknown.

These choices seem obvious. But also seems like could be a guess.
  #1468  
Old 01-19-2020, 04:59 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
Jessica Mulroney may be a godparent because she was keeping Archie.
  #1469  
Old 01-19-2020, 05:09 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,130
I think it was discussed on the christening thread at the time, and it was found that Jessica comes from a prominent Canadian Jewish family and the Mulroneys are RC I believe.
  #1470  
Old 01-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
As usual stories are just rehashed. The Tiggy and Charlie story has been there since the weekend of the christening. And rumors that Isabel May was godmother simply as the woman was at Meghan's fashion event.
  #1471  
Old 01-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Lori138's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 103
And all of these stories would stop and have gone away long ago, if they had just announced the godparents and left it at that. But, wanting it a secret just makes people more likely to keep digging. Another PR mistake on the part of H & M.

Really, does anyone remember or care who the godparents of the Cambridge children are? No. It was announced and is done.
  #1472  
Old 01-20-2020, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori138 View Post
And all of these stories would stop and have gone away long ago, if they had just announced the godparents and left it at that. But, wanting it a secret just makes people more likely to keep digging. Another PR mistake on the part of H & M.

Really, does anyone remember or care who the godparents of the Cambridge children are? No. It was announced and is done.
Zara is one godparent. No I am out after that.
  #1473  
Old 01-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 375
No one has cared since the christening. The tab needed a story for those pictures and voila! easy headline with rehashed, unverified reporting.
  #1474  
Old 01-20-2020, 03:32 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
No one has cared since the christening. The tab needed a story for those pictures and voila! easy headline with rehashed, unverified reporting.
It was one of the many little irritating things they did.. particularly around the time of Archie's birth. If they had announced the godparents what would have happened? Nothing.
  #1475  
Old 04-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Burbank, Croatia
Posts: 14
I just love Archie's name. Well I like Archie more than Harrison. I know Harrison comes from the idea of "son of Harry" but I choose to link to US President William Henry Harrison. (It just fits for the son of Henry, brother of William, and of American political-commentator Meghan.)

Old Tippecanoe & Tyler too!!!!!!!!
  #1476  
Old 04-03-2020, 02:27 AM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,508
I think the reason they were never announced is because they are all celebrities - some celebrities that Meghan has only know for months. Which would have made them a laughing stock. People normally don't pick relative strangers to be god parents. But hey their life.
It is also entirely possible that they are all non white and all women.
  #1477  
Old 04-03-2020, 02:56 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
It was one of the many little irritating things they did.. particularly around the time of Archie's birth. If they had announced the godparents what would have happened? Nothing.
I don't view them as "irritating things", but just signs of poor judgement. In my mind, it was a panoply of these little things over an 18 month period that were a major part in uniting the disparate British press against the couple so wonderfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I think the reason they were never announced is because they are all celebrities - some celebrities that Meghan has only know for months. Which would have made them a laughing stock. People normally don't pick relative strangers to be god parents. But hey their life.
It is also entirely possible that they are all non white and all women.
Who knows, but frankly, it is now water under the bridge, as I see it.

H&M have chosen to step away from this life and all that came with it, let us now jut give them the space to build their new lives as they want to. They will, no doubt, still be judged, fairly or otherwise, by the court of public opinion, but that is for them to worry about.
  #1478  
Old 04-03-2020, 03:02 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,279
I'm in agreement with Muriel. To be honest, I didn't feel the public had the right to know who Archie's godparents were in the first place. There were little things over time that didn't follow what the general public expected of this couple and I sincerely believe that some of the things they did were actually trying to keep a distinct line between their public and private lives.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1479  
Old 04-03-2020, 03:18 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm in agreement with Muriel. To be honest, I didn't feel the public had the right to know who Archie's godparents were in the first place. There were little things over time that didn't follow what the general public expected of this couple and I sincerely believe that some of the things they did were actually trying to keep a distinct line between their public and private lives.
The arguments around whether the public had a right to know who the godparents were or not were played out a lot at the time, and I really do not think it is appropriate to go into them again.

However, a pragmatist may step away from those arguments briefly and see how it would have been an easy "give", especially as there had been clearly misleading communication issued by the couple around the birth. As I have always maintained, these are judgement calls that Harry, and their team, should have had the experience to make, but sadly that was clearly not the case. Anyways, perhaps the advice of the LA based PR firm will be taken more seriously than that of the Palace.
  #1480  
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,748
Perhaps these Godparents were unknowns and they didn't want the DF et al digging into the personal lives of their ordinary private friends.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windsor/Mountbatten-Windsor: Name of Royal House and Surname HRH Kimetha British Royals 298 04-06-2021 10:39 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 3: October 2005-March 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 195 06-07-2007 08:24 AM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 2: May 2004-October 2005 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 220 10-10-2005 10:51 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 1: November 2003-May 2004 montecarlo Current Events Archive 157 05-29-2004 01:38 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor baby names baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house cpr customs dresses duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery jewelry kensington palace king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal family nepalese royal jewels pless prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×