The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1081  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I think the likelihood of the birth certificate being kept secret long enough for Meghan to pop out another baby and use the same hospital is vanishingly small, so like Iluvbertie, I don't see the point of this coyness about the birth certificate. It seem like a very odd and irrelevant thing to get hung up about when it's all public anyway.
Then perhaps it is to keep them from digging into the medical team right now at the peak of the story. They actually found the doctor that delivered Meghan 37 years ago to ask questions. Imagine that. Of course nothing was shared because of HIPPA. But they seem desperate. 42 days is a long time in today’s world. They might find something else to obsess over then.
__________________

  #1082  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
None of us knows for sure, but there were discussion about them wanting to keep it quiet so they can potentially use the same place again if there is another baby in the future. That and to keep the media from harassing the medical team as they will use that as a way to figure out who works there and have admitting privileges there.
I appreciate there was the sad case of the nurse who died, after the hoax call to the hospital where Kate was in the early stages of her first pregnancy. Is there evidence that the medical staff or the hospital who delivered the three children have been subjected to media scrutiny.
__________________

  #1083  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:49 AM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 3,254
(Response to jacqui24) Possibly, but it's still an odd thing to get hung up on unless it's giving the medical team time to hide their identities and escape to a desert island somewhere. Tick tock, it's just a matter of time.
  #1084  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 956
I support their right to have elements of their life to remain private, what I am interested in is the fact that in some cases when so much effort is made to keep things private it causes more publicity and stories. There was so much secrecy about the birth it kept them in the news for weeks, it is still causing stories because of the comment that they will not issue the birth certificate, that is a nonsense it is a part of public record. They cannot hide it. So to me that is a way of keeping the story going.
Kate had her babies, came out of hospital within 24 hours sometimes less, had the photocall went home, total privacy after that until they decided to issue a photograph followed by the christening.
The lead up to Archies birth with the secrecy thing created stories, followed by having the photocall 2 days later kept them in the papers.
By citing privacy Meghan and Harry are creating more stories and keeping themselves and Archie on the front page. Just saying..
I am not totally convinced by the privacy angle.
  #1085  
Old 05-12-2019, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
As if the eventual birth wasn’t in the papers before the said they will keep it private? It always was.
  #1086  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:21 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,190
The child isn't in the direct line to the throne so why should the parents issue the birth certificate? They know the press can get copies so nobody is losing anything.
  #1087  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The child isn't in the direct line to the throne so why should the parents issue the birth certificate? They know the press can get copies so nobody is losing anything.
You are totally correct. A non story has now became a story.

They could have said nothing registered the birth, knowing that the media would have looked for it anyway, but no they have made a story out of not issuing the certificate.

I just feel they are continually creating stories while claiming privacy.
  #1088  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
You are totally correct. A non story has now became a story.

They could have said nothing registered the birth, knowing that the media would have looked for it anyway, but no they have made a story out of not issuing the certificate.

I just feel they are continually creating stories while claiming privacy.
They didn’t say anything. Requests were made and denied. I don’t see a BP statement saying they won’t be making the birth certificate public without prompt. The only ones making a story out of this is the tabloid media.
  #1089  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:34 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I appreciate there was the sad case of the nurse who died, after the hoax call to the hospital where Kate was in the early stages of her first pregnancy. Is there evidence that the medical staff or the hospital who delivered the three children have been subjected to media scrutiny.
Besides the sad episode with the nurse from when Kate first had HG with George, no, her medical team was not harassed at all. The two lead doctors, the Queen's OBGYNs, were her doctors although I believe George was actually delivered by a mid-wife as is standard barring complication. They gave brief comments following the birth and that was that.

The mid-wife who led her births with Charlotte and Louis never spoke to the press AFAIK nor was she harassed by the press.

IMO, Harry and Meghan are making a mistake with not releasing the info about where and who. I know that the reported doula they were thinking of using faced a large amount of media scrutiny a few weeks ago and that the press shows no restraint with Meghan. But there is a story this weekend in the DM of the press stalking various high profile OBGYNs that work at the Portland or other hospitals trying to figure out who led the birth and where. By being vague and coy, they are only opening up more people to harassment and themselves up to more speculation and media attention.

They should have released the info, since it will be public info regardless, made the providers available if they wished for brief media comment and it would have been done.
  #1090  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
I honestly don’t think releasing the birth certificate would calm any conspiracy theory. They’ll just claim they lied. Nor do I think they should cater to such malicious behavior.

After how the doula they thought Meghan was using and tracking down the doctor that delivered Meghan 37 years ago, I put nothing pass the tabloids at this point.
  #1091  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:44 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
But there is a story this weekend in the DM of the press stalking various high profile OBGYNs that work at the Portland or other hospitals trying to figure out who led the birth and where. By being vague and coy, they are only opening up more people to harassment and themselves up to more speculation and media attention.

They should have released the info, since it will be public info regardless, made the providers available if they wished for brief media comment and it would have been done.
It won't be public knowledge who the medics are unless they choose to identify themselves & why would they do that, particularly if they are female or an ethnic minority because the gutter press will rinse their private lives until they find a 'scandal' or a titillating photo to splash all over the front pages.
  #1092  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I honestly don’t think releasing the birth certificate would calm any conspiracy theory. They’ll just claim they lied. Nor do I think they should cater to such malicious behavior.

After how the doula they thought Meghan was using and tracking down the doctor that delivered Meghan 37 years ago, I put nothing pass the tabloids at this point.
The certificate will be public record, it cannot be concealed.
  #1093  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
The certificate will be public record, it cannot be concealed.
Then just wait. What’s the big deal? Other than the tabloids want the clue on who to harass next?
  #1094  
Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I didn't realize that James was elevated to a peerage on his own. My mistake

Yo


A

How they are commonly addressed even in the CC is not the same as what their actual name/title is.
James is not a peer but he uses his father's secondary title as a courtesy title. Normally Archie would do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I support their right to have elements of their life to remain private, what I am interested in is the fact that in some cases when so much effort is made to keep things private it causes more publicity and stories. There was so much secrecy about the birth it kept them in the news for weeks, it is still causing stories because of the comment that they will not issue the birth certificate, that is a nonsense it is a part of public record. They cannot hide it. So to me that is a way of keeping the story going.
Kate had her babies, came out of hospital within 24 hours sometimes less, had the photocall went home, total privacy after that until they decided to issue a photograph followed by the christening.

By citing privacy Meghan and Harry are creating more stories and keeping themselves and Archie on the front page. Just saying..
I am not totally convinced by the privacy angle.
You are very right. this is the first royal birth that I've heard discussed by people I know.. Most of the public only take a mild interest or no interest at all but because of the "we're trying to have privacy" stuff, and "we want to do things our way", the Sussexes caused more attention to be paid, more discussion in the meida etc. (Whether this was what they wanted, I don't know).
But Kate had her babies, briefly appeared with them at the hospital - and then went home to complete privacy and we didn't see or hear anything for a few months. Basically she did't get much talk or attention
  #1095  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,508
I have to say, whilst they may have good intentions of just wanting more privacy, ultimately I truly believe some of the actions they take in the name of privacy are only creating more media speculation and talk. Od course 99% of that speculation is utter rubbish but having it written in the media day after day seems at odds with wanting a quiet private life. But then again they don't read what is written apparently so maybe they truly don't get bothered by it.

With the birth certificate being a public record this whole charade just seems to keep up the media frenzy IMO. Of course Harry & Meghan are free to do as they wish, especially in regard to their own child.
  #1096  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:24 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I have to say, whilst they may have good intentions of just wanting more privacy, ultimately I truly believe some of the actions they take in the name of privacy are only creating more media speculation and talk.

With the birth certificate being a public record this whole charade just seems to keep up the media frenzy IMO. Of course Harry & Meghan are free to do as they wish, especially in regard to their own child.
tThey are free to do what they want, but the media and public are free to do what THEY want and comment as they see fit. ANd I think that the events of the past few weeks with their announcement that they wanted to keep the birth private, was quite farcical.. and has only resulted in more and more speculation and talk.. and its the same with the name and title business. It has generated more talk than if they just let him be Earl of Dumbarton...- or called him Archibald Henry Charles....
  #1097  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:33 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
tThey are free to do what they want, but the media and public are free to do what THEY want and comment as they see fit. ANd I think that the events of the past few weeks with their announcement that they wanted to keep the birth private, was quite farcical.. and has only resulted in more and more speculation and talk.. and its the same with the name and title business. It has generated more talk than if they just let him be Earl of Dumbarton...- or called him Archibald Henry Charles....
You might be right but I strongly suspect that the media would have devoted the same amount of coverage whatever they did. If they'd announced the birth place, it would have been inundated with global press for at least a week devoting hours of TV talk & pages of photos. If they'd called him Charles (for example) there'd have been pages & pages of analysis, speculations, photos etc etc. The media is going to do whatever they can to get their clicks & make their advertising revenue so IMO, H&M's decisions won't have increased the amount of it.
  #1098  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:56 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,589
A number of posts have been deleted as they contained speculation, conspiracy theories or unfounded rumours. Several were also deleted as bickering or off-topic.

The moderating team hopes that our posters will be able to behave themselves appropriately now that this thread has been reopened. The next set of issues will result in suspensions.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #1099  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:47 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,736
I believe the situation was exacerbated by the fact that they were in the middle of a radical change of home, Office and staff. Couple that with a technical email problem and you have a recipe for disaster and, since it was a royal birth, pouting and conspiracy theories (the latex doll got the most laughs from me).

While some people were cross, I bet their Protection Officers and the local Constabulary were thankful for a virtually "free" royal birth. The sheer cost in man hours alone would have been mind numbing. The Sussex method saved a lot of money and inconvenience. No massive crowds necessitating massive crowd control.

The police would probably not have bothered with much of a budget for the relatively low level wait until the lowly 7th in line, decided to make an appearance. Meanwhile there were European news crews that had been splitting their coverage between Windsor and BP/KP for a month and counting.

Basically, who could have guessed.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1100  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
https://twitter.com/lizzieitv/status...720417792?s=21

Archie was born at Portland.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windsor/Mountbatten-Windsor: Name of Royal House and Surname HRH Kimetha British Royals 298 04-06-2021 10:39 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 3: October 2005-March 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 195 06-07-2007 08:24 AM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 2: May 2004-October 2005 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 220 10-10-2005 10:51 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 1: November 2003-May 2004 montecarlo Current Events Archive 157 05-29-2004 01:38 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry baby names british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting introduction jewellery jewelry kids movie list of rulers luxembourg maxima monarchy mountbatten nepal nepalese royal family pless princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen victoria resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wedding gown welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×