Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's move on now from discussing the Duchess of Sussex's attendance at Trooping the Colour - that event happened ages ago and there really is no need to debate or discuss endlessly theories surrounding her attendance because it's pointless and frankly off topic for this thread.

Further, it would be useful if we could avoid derailing threads with discussions about the whys and wherefores of so-called "fan and haters" and what they do or don't say. It is irritating and rather boring for those wishing to read and enjoy the discussion which should be solely about the topic of the thread. Thank you.

I have been looking back at various posts and how many agree with the photographs of Archie that have been released, even although we do not know what he looks like. I have came across the same posters making comments re the way the cambridge children are hardly seen. I rest my case.

I don't think I follow what you mean. Can you explain?

I don't think I follow what you mean. Can you explain?

There have been comments re the photographs of archie, how lovely etc although we cannot see his face, but fair enough beautiful photographs..

The same people who post these have also posted comments re the Cambridge children never been seen, it is odd somehow. that is all

HM always has a week of engagements in Scotland in July, separate from her Balmoral holiday. These are longstanding engagements including a garden party.

At the end of June yes. Her last scheduled event is July 3rd in Scotland. She will return south and be in London most of July. Her official start to Balmoral is usually around August 5. That leaves nearly a month open. And a month most royals are on holiday or not many engagements to worry around.

There have been comments re the photographs of archie, how lovely etc although we cannot see his face, but fair enough beautiful photographs..

The same people who post these have also posted comments re the Cambridge children never been seen, it is odd somehow. that is all

I'm still not following as we have seen many pictures of the Cambridge children as of late. Though in the past there were limited pictures as was their right. I never understood the entitlement of people to see any of these children.

At the end of June yes. Her last scheduled event is July 3rd in Scotland. She will return south and be in London most of July. Her official start to Balmoral is usually around August 5. That leaves nearly a month open. And a month most royals are on holiday or not many engagements to worry around.

I thought she goes up to Balmoral earlier than that now? She used to wait until early August when the QM was alive. But either way, that article sounded like a number of educated guess based on how BRF operates cobbled together. We’ll see when it happens.

I'm still not following as we have seen many pictures of the Cambridge children as of late. Though in the past there were limited pictures as was their right. I never understood the entitlement of people to see any of these children.

The BRF survives by being connected to the British public. That means having the people having an emotional investment in the family and they can't have that connection if they don't see them.

One of the reasons why the public are so invested in William and Harry is that they saw regular snippets of them growing up - video and still images of them playing and doing things with their family.

There won't be that same connection with the Cambridge children and that could be detrimental going forward.

The BRF survives by being connected to the British public. That means having the people having an emotional investment in the family and they can't have that connection if they don't see them.

One of the reasons why the public are so invested in William and Harry is that they saw regular snippets of them growing up - video and still images of them playing and doing things with their family.

There won't be that same connection with the Cambridge children and that could be detrimental going forward.

That’s because the Wales branch of the royal family have a dark past. They’ve been trying to avoid the fires that so badly burned their small family back in the 80’s and 90’s. A past that resulted in the death of an irreplaceable woman. Despite the passing of the years, marriages and children - the Wales branch remains a wounded family.

I think there has been an 'emotional investment' in William and Harry, precisely because they are Diana's sons, and also because they lost her so tragically when they were at impressionable ages and needed her the most.

As William and Harry lived through the experience of being in the public eye frequently as young children, I think that's exactly the reason why they've chosen to have their children featured less often then they were themselves as children. They have both spoken about the need for privacy and how they have boundaries that they do not want crossed. I believe this is a direct result of their own experiences as children and teens.

As parents, that's looking after the needs of their own children first - which outweighs any desire the public may have to see frequent photos or videos of their children. It is up to them and their wives to decide what and how often they choose to share. IMHO I think most of the public do understand that is their choice. I think will not have much effect on public support either in the UK or abroad.

Last edited:
We've seen all the kids enough neither the Sussexes or the Cambridges need to parade their children to the public anymore than they do; I was quite surprised and appreciative we got a Father's Day picture so soon after he was first shown.

As William and Harry lived through the experience of being in the public eye frequently as young children, I think that's exactly the reason why they've chosen to have their children featured less often then they were themselves as children. They have both spoken about the need for privacy and how they have boundaries that they do not want crossed. I believe this is a direct result of their own experiences as children and teens.

As parents, that's looking after the needs of their own children first - which outweighs any desire the public may have to see frequent photos or videos of their children. It is up to them and their wives to decide what and how often they choose to share. IMHO I think most of the public do understand that is their choice. I think will not have much effect on public support either in the UK or abroad.

True up to a point but if we never see photos of the children.. there is not going to be any connextion with them,.. and Wil's children will be the children of the King one day. So they need to make a connextion with the public. Harry's children don't.. but there has to be some showing of the children, with reasonable restrictions....

True up to a point but if we never see photos of the children.. there is not going to be any connextion with them,.. and Wil's children will be the children of the King one day. So they need to make a connextion with the public. Harry's children don't.. but there has to be some showing of the children, with reasonable restrictions....

We do see photos of William's children, they've released photos, often ones Kate has taken herself. You've stated " if we never see photos of the children." when we are already are seeing photos of the Cambridge children from time to time. I can recall some especially cute ones. They may not be "showing" their children as frequently as some people or some of the press would like but the "reasonable restrictions", which photos are released and how often are up to their parents to decide, not the public or the press.

Last edited:
We do see photos of William's children, they've released photos, often ones Kate has taken herself. You've stated " if we never see photos of the children." when we are already are seeing photos of the Cambridge children from time to time. I can recall some especially cute ones. They may not be "showing" their children as frequently as some people or some of the press would like but the "reasonable restrictions", which photos are released and how often are up to their parents to decide, not the public or the press.

yes of course they release photos. If they didn't the public would not have any emotional connexion ot their children and it would be bad for the monarchy...

I don't think that is an active consideration at this point. The cute feet and hand photos were wonderful and thoughtful as Archie is too young to show even a glimmering of his personality.

I think we have to get a grip and accord Harry and Meghan the same courtesy the fans had to show when George was born. William was still in the RAF and that enabled them to keep their baby private.

Trouble is, Harry is in a totally different position. He is far older, out of the military and a full time royal. Archie however is not.

The move to Frogmore has helped enormously and the (hopefully) expanding Sussex family have a far greater degree is privacy there. With luck we will continue to get small snapshots of their family and I for one will be grateful. I can't wait for their Christmas Card.

For those worrying about pubic perception, the BRF are not employees, they are the British royal family and while they work hard for the UK and Commonwealth, their family must and does come first.

Their families may come frist but William's children at least must form a relationship with the public.

Their families may come frist but William's children at least must form a relationship with the public.

I agree with this statement but will add "when they reach adulthood" to it. As young children, they have no idea really of the roles their families play in the British monarchy. Sure, Charlotte may know she's a "princess" but then again, like a lot of little girls, she would associate that with being like Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. Its what little girls do.

I believe that the children should first off, grow and realize what a relationship and public opinion is before they attempt to enter into one.

Their parents can and do ease them into their future roles just by attending the few events where the entire family gathers such as Trooping the Color and watching "Gan-Gan" in her role as The Queen. Parading them around for photo ops doesn't really solve any purpose.

JMO of course. ?

William's children do need to be seen occasionally for the public to have any kind of emotional investment in them, but I think so far the Cambridges have threaded that needle very well. For the most part they live their lives privately, and every once in a while, in a very controlled and limited way, we get to see them, frequently in photos taken by their mother. So far that seems to be working well, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar from the Sussexes, although they would be well within their rights to limit their sharing with the public even more than the Cambridges do since their children will probably, and luckily for them, have much more private lives.

Why is there so much talk about William's children on a thread about Archie?

The only clue we have as to what we might expect in terms of seeing Archie is how the Cambridges have handled their children's exposure, so I think some comparisons are inevitable. Of course we have no idea what choices the Sussexes will make, they might handle everything totally differently, as is their prerogative.

The christening thread has been closed so I'm posting this here. In today's Sunday Times Roya Nikkah claims Tiggy ( Legge-Bourke) Pettifer and Mark Dyer are among Archie's godparents along with Charlie von Straubenzee.

I have no idea if this is accurate - she doesn't name her source - but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Just happened to see it while catching up on the latest Sussex news.

Harry has been incredibly close to these two mentors over the years so I think it's quite likely the information is accurate.

The christening thread has been closed so I'm posting this here. In today's Sunday Times Roya Nikkah claims Tiggy ( Legge-Bourke) Pettifer and Mark Dyer are among Archie's godparents along with Charlie von Straubenzee.

I have no idea if this is accurate - she doesn't name her source - but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Just happened to see it while catching up on the latest Sussex news.

That seems reasonable, but also makes the question of why the secrecy that much bigger.

That seems reasonable, but also makes the question of why the secrecy that much bigger.

Likely due to the others. Like the bridal party, they likely had equal choices. Perhaps one or more of Megan's choices wished to remain unknown.

These choices seem obvious. But also seems like could be a guess.

Jessica Mulroney may be a godparent because she was keeping Archie.

I think it was discussed on the christening thread at the time, and it was found that Jessica comes from a prominent Canadian Jewish family and the Mulroneys are RC I believe.

As usual stories are just rehashed. The Tiggy and Charlie story has been there since the weekend of the christening. And rumors that Isabel May was godmother simply as the woman was at Meghan's fashion event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom