Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsurprised by the decision to not use a title, if that is indeed true, since I think the Sussexes have been very consistent in signaling their determination to do things their own way, and in a way that they have deemed best for them and their family. The no-title decision seems to be very much in keeping with that.

I'm sure the decision was met with approval by both the Queen and The Prince of Wales. I had a feeling that this is what was going to happen. Now we know. ?

I am not surprised with no title. It is what I was expecting. It is very them.

I, too, was not expecting the Sussex children to have titles. Very sensible to follow the path laid out by the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

I like Archie..it's cute

LaRae

I like Archie..it's cute

LaRae

I have mixed feelings about nicknames like this. It's cute when they are little. But what happens when they grow up and have to be in the grown up world? :lol: Although, Archibald isn't all that, so...

I, too, was not expecting the Sussex children to have titles. Very sensible to follow the path laid out by the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Except that they've gone one step further. This child won't have any title at all. Presumably a future daughter won't be a Lady either.

Wait, do people actually know where Archie came from? I would've thought that'd be the bigger question. :lol:

Wherever they got it from, it was the 15th most popular (& rising) boy's name in the UK last year.

I have mixed feelings about nicknames like this. It's cute when they are little. But what happens when they grow up and have to be in the grown up world? :lol:

Cold have been worse. He could have been called Atticus Prentice Harrison M-W.

Except that they've gone one step further. This child won't have any title at all. Presumably a future daughter won't be a Lady either.

I think that's just the way they are addressed though, right? Viscount Severn doesn't actually have the title of Viscount Severn, that's his father's subsidiary title. He's addressed that way, but it's still Edward's.

Wherever they got it from, it was the 15th most popular (& rising) boy's name in the UK last year.

Oh. Maybe that's why. I thought it was an out of nowhere name, but maybe that's just because it's uncommon in US. Glad to see there will be a lot of Archies when this baby goes to school. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not fussed on the name, at all, or the lack of title use.

Isn’t Archie the nickname (code name) Prince George used when introducing himself to other kids at a play date recently? I believe they were on a private play date at a public park.

Archie is a very English name, actually it's been quite popular in England for some time. A relative's son is an Archie and he's six. And Harrison is a clever pun! I was hoping for Alexander, but I'm sure Archie will grow on me.
I'm old enough to remember the shock when Charles/Diana stated that their new baby would be known as Harry and some people were quite sniffy about it. Now, no-one thinks of him as Henry.

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan.

I'm not fond of nicknames as full names as it is, and Archie feels like one of those names that every kid born in the last 5 years has, like how every other kid is called Jack. It's one of those names where you feel as though the parents went "it'll be so cute on a baby and a sweet old grandad!!" but didn't picture him as a 16 year old goth or a 45 year old businessman. (This is not directed at M&H specifically, just these sorts of names in general)

I dislike Harrison in general and I don't think the two names flow that well together.

But of course it's not up to me, and if the parents like it then there we go. I am disappointed that my psychic royal baby naming powers failed me this time. Before Oscar was named I had Oscar flash into my head randomly and the same with Josephine before Adrienne was named (middle name), and earlier Stephen came to mind, but no! Perhaps it only works with Swedes.

Oh. Maybe that's why. I thought it was an out of nowhere name, but maybe that's just because it's uncommon in US. Glad to see there will be a lot of Archies when this baby goes to school. :lol:

It's very common now in the UK. It seems like every other baby boy here is called either Archie, Alfie or Charlie.

Archie is a very English name, actually it's been quite popular in England for some time. And Harrison is a clever pun! I was hoping for Alexander, but I'm sure Archie will grow on me.
I'm old enough to remember the shock when Charles/Diana stated that their new baby would be known as Harry and some people were quite sniffy about it. Now, no-one thinks of him as Henry.
I never saw the point in that. It's weird to me. There's this Youtube/Insta famous couple that named their daughter Genevieve, but will call her Gigi for the rest of her life and I'm just confused as to why you'd give your kid one name, to name her an entirely different one.

But that's an irrelevant discussion. :flowers:

I think of Harry as Henry, sometimes,

Archie? You mean Archibald? Is it official?

not a fan of the name. I immediately thought of archie andrews and veronica!!! nope, usually a fan of all things involving harry , but not this name.

It's very common now in the UK. It seems like every other baby boy here is called either Archie, Alfie or Charlie.

I guess UK is very big on nicknames now? But man, poor kids when they grow up. :lol:

I just don’t like the name but I’m sure everyone will be used to it eventually! Quite surprised they have gone no title at all. I assumed they would be Lord or Lady, especially as eventually their children will be grandchildren of the King.

No, Archie. Apparently Archie is a popular name in UK. :lol: I wonder if the press will print Archie Harrison for awhile like they did with Margaret Rose. I actually like the two together. Harrison is a more formal name to balance it out.

I was a little worried on how it'll sound if they are ever mad at him. Archie! still sounds like he's cute. Archie Harrison! now he'll know he's in trouble. :lol:

It's official...Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. NOT Archibald.

LaRae

Not a fan of the name at all, actually I am in shock. I was never a fan of the name George either but I understood the significance within the royal family but Archie?? Seriously, makes me think of Veronica & Jughead. IMHO- its a terrible name, hopefully it will grow on me :bang::bang::bang:

Naming trends are a funny thing. It's like "Emily" was in the US years ago. After not knowing a single Emily for my entire life, all of a sudden every classroom had an Emily T. and an Emily S. and and Emily C., etc. (first name plus last name initial) because that was the only way to keep the little girls straight.

Aside from not caring much for "Archie" I don't think it really flows well with Harrison. Oh well.

Isn’t Archie supposed to be a nickname rather than a full name ? i Odd choice .

Sensible to say that he will not be styled by his curtsey title. Of course the HRH is automatic when Charles takes the throne, but going with the lower key approach makes sense for them and how they want to raise their child.

I guess UK is very big on nicknames now? But man, poor kids when they grow up. :lol:

There are plenty of adult males here using nicknames/shortened names eg Harry, Charlie, Will, Matt, Joe, Tom etc. By the time Archie M-W is a man, there'll be loads of them!

Not a fan of the name at all, actually I am in shock. I was never a fan of the name George either but I understood the significance within the royal family but Archie?? Seriously, makes me think of Veronica & Jughead. IMHO- its a terrible name, hopefully it will grow on me :bang::bang::bang:

Maybe the parents are Archie comics fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom