Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter however the issue has been raised as to who the baby resembles ...you can hardly pretend the baby's mixed racial background doesn't exist.

LaRae

I can. Because I don’t make everything a racial issue, esp concerning a newborn. He is just a cute healthy baby and if he was Mongolian or Apache that would not define his intelligence, talents, character or role in the Family. Those are the relevant matters not his looks. But from reading around will say People are absolutely wanting this child to look black for what diversity? To send a message? And others want him to be white because they hate Meghan I assume. All very silly. He will look like what his genetics has programmed him to look like. No changing that.

Last edited:
I can. Because I don’t make everything a racial issue, esp concerning a newborn. He is just a cute healthy baby and if he was Mongolian or Apache that would not define his intelligence, talents, character or role in the Family. Those are the relevant matters not his looks. But from reading around will say People are absolutely wanting this child to look black for what diversity? To send a message? And others want him to be white because they hate Meghan I assume. All very silly. He will look like what his genetics has programmed him to look like. No changing that.

Frankly I don't care if he is white or black or whatever...I was responding to YOUR comments near the top of the page. I didn't raise the issue.

LaRae

I came to wonder about something....

Is is normal british protocol not to ask about the birth in detail? I am used to Danish reporters asking Danish royals about details, and I like to hear them, but I fully respect if there is a different protocol in the UK.

I came to wonder about something....

Is is normal british protocol not to ask about the birth in detail? I am used to Danish reporters asking Danish royals about details, and I like to hear them, but I fully respect if there is a different protocol in the UK.
Uhm... What do you mean exactly when you say 'details'?

People are absolutely wanting this child to look black for what diversity? To send a message?

I remeber an old saying that I can roughly retell as; "We will defeat racism not when each movie, each government or each organisation will have people of different races but when we stop mentioning person's race at all! it shouldn't matter."

Uhm... What do you mean exactly when you say 'details'?

How long she was in labour for? How well the birth went in general. How the mother experienced it. If the mother had an epidural or not......That sort of thing.

Noticing and commenting that the child is part African is not making it a racial issue. It is simply a description. Not good or bad, just a part of who this baby is.

It's a little hard to tell who he looks more like, but I think he has his mom's lips and perhaps her coloring.

You mean, Zembra, about the pain, and whether Harry was there beside Meghan all the time, the medical staff, midwife etc? No, BRF royals don't usually go into fine details. I would have liked a few more minutes of interview actually, questions about the place of birth, names considered etc.

How long she was in labour for? How well the birth went in general. How the mother experienced it. If the mother had an epidural or not......That sort of thing.

We don't know even know basic details like the hospital or the names of the attending physicians

Last edited:
Are you really discussing racial questions here? Shame on you!
It‘s a baby, cute as any other, nothing special but still a miracle.

Wow.

My remark on his lips maybe being the african american gene was an observation and a cute compliment

Is it also not allowed of me to say I like Meghan's skin colour then??, cause I see no problem in that......and I REALLY LIKE her skin colour. She has a gorgeous teint.

Don't create issues and drama where there are none, would you?!

:cool:

No he is not. The boy has African DNA. Him being Part African would mean Meghan was full African. The fact is she is a Bi racial person with African decent and little Earls Caucasian traits will almost certainly dominate.

That's not how genetics works. Dominant gene is the one that will show up. Not which gene is more common in parents. So if he ended up with a dominant gene even if Meghan has a dominant and recessive and Harry has two recessive. It'll be the one dominant gene that triumphs. Now genes are a funny thing, and there are traits that's determined by a combination of genes, so it's anyone's guess. But that's the basic explanation. :lol:

I do detect a little bit of olive tone. Unfortunately, red hair is recessive. Although, I've seen a child with brown hair with obviously red highlights in them before. Absolutely beautiful.

Isn't that a bit too personal?:eek:

You can tell that Harry and Meghan are still in the ecstatic "Look what we did!" phase of new parenthood, before the sleep deprivation really kicks in in a major way! They looked so happy, which was lovely to see, and Harry cradling his new little one was adorable. The baby, what little we could see of him, looked cute--hard to tell much, but between Meghan's and Harry's noses, this baby is likely to have a very distinct profile eventually.

I have no idea why an American camera crew were included, it seems totally unnecessary in the context of this very limited photo op.

I also can't say that I liked the setting in St. George's hall, which seemed very stiff and overly formal, but it's also not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I certainly didn't find it any warmer or more personal than the Lindo steps photo ops for the Cambridges. Whatever works for the individuals, however, it's a toss up as far as I'm concerned.

That's not how genetics works. Dominant gene is the one that will show up. Not which gene is more common in parents. So if he ended up with a dominant gene even if Meghan has a dominant and recessive and Harry has two recessive. It'll be the one dominant gene that triumphs. Now genes are a funny thing, and there are traits that's determined by a combination of genes, so it's anyone's guess. But that's the basic explanation. :lol:

I do detect a little bit of olive tone. Unfortunately, red hair is recessive. Although, I've seen a child with brown hair with obviously red highlights in them before. Absolutely beautiful.

Isn't that a bit too personal?:eek:

Not according to danish journalists and the danish royals. But as I said I respect it, if the culture about this is different in the UK.

You mean, Zembra, about the pain, and whether Harry was there beside Meghan all the time, the medical staff, midwife etc? No, BRF royals don't usually go into fine details. I would have liked a few more minutes of interview actually, questions about the place of birth, names considered etc.

I see. thanks for clearing that up for me:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want to know that? That is a private thing. If she wants to share that she will.

I remeber an old saying that I can roughly retell as; "We will defeat racism not when each movie, each government or each organisation will have people of different races but when we stop mentioning person's race at all! it shouldn't matter."

The "color-blind" approach doesn't solve racism. Recognizing and celebrating our diversity and how it informs our views, lives and experiences versus trying to elide it is the actually more inclusive approach.

Regardless, this baby is a blessing and also historic as the child of the first mixed race marriage in the senior line of the BRF. But baby and mom seem healthy and daddy is thrilled and that is all that matters.

Why do you want to know that? That is a private thing. If she wants to share that she will.

I find births and the details about it fascinating, and therefore I love to hear as much about it as possible, but of course only if the parents want to tell about it. It IS personal information so it is only up to the parents if they want to share the details or not.

The danish royals shared the details, and I love them for that, but like I said before, I also fully respect if others don't want to share these details. Doesnt make me like Harry and Meghan any less:)

Reactions: Fem
One thing I noticed on the SussexRoyal IG photo is the background as they are walking in. I believe the couple took some engagement photos at Windsor Castle as well as Frogmore now. The background of them walking into St. George's Hall is exactly as the background on the photo we saw first on HM's table at BP and then again in NZ.

I see that someone else answered that, but no, in the UK we don't ask questions like this. It's kind of... weird? I mean, please don't be offended, but it's, yeah, it's really weird for me :lol: And they actually answer?

I see that someone else answered that, but no, in the UK we don't ask questions like this. It's kind of... weird? I mean, please don't be offended, but it's, yeah, it's really weird for me :lol: And they actually answer?

Different cultures and behaviour. It may seem weird to you because thats maybe not the culture in your country, but in Denmark we are quite open these things.......and so are the royals in our country.

I'm so curious to know the baby's name. It was a pity the reporter didn't ask for the name, because if he did, Meghan and Harry would probably say when it's released to the public. Let's hope its today after meeting The Queen.

I actually feel that the little guy's mixed racial heritage is going to be something that will be a positive asset throughout his life. When you think of all the different genetics that went into composing this little bundle of joy, you can't help but think this little guy is going to have a *lot* to identify with over his lifetime. He's really going to represent the best of a whole lot of worlds and along with being raised to be the individual that he is, he will also be raised to be proud of his heritage.

:previous: ?

Anyways, it's sweet that Meghan said Baby Sussex has the best temperament.

But I just want to remind her that the first one is God's trick for you to have more. So that might be why. :lol:

I remember the danish birth interviews, especially after the twins were born. In English, because crown princess Mary is Australian and answered in English. All the Nordic births were reported in a much less uptight way, cultural difference for sure.
Lovely presentation of the baby, what a treat to see Windsor instead of worrying about the new parents tripping down those hospital steps. they look so happy and kind of surprised the way first parents do. How the print photographer got such a good shot of the baby is beyond me. Looking at Megan’s baby picture, I think he looks like her. Beautiful baby. Btw, his cap is very fine lambs wool. I was lucky enough to have an elderly English lady knit me a set of three booties for our first born, and the first pair is that superfine lambs wool

I need to see a comparison of two pictures - Meghan with her hand on Harry's back after the engagement announcement and Meghan with her hand on Harry's back today when they were leaving the photocall. Great moments, amazing love

Such a happy moment!

Also, am I the only one more excited about seeing the new parents completely happy with their baby? I'm so sorry, but for me all newborns just look exactly the same...
Those two look so blissed out it's enough to chip a few jaded corners of those who don't believe in love.

Harry and Meghan are perfect examples of real, "I'd die to keep you safe. Harry to Meghan, Meghan to Harry and both for their child.

At this stage they seem totally encapsulated in a 'Bliss Balloon' basically operating on auto pilot.

Of course, royal couples should present their baby in the way wish, but I hope we see palace or castles royal baby reveals from now on. The presentation of baby Sussex in St. George’s Hall was absolutely stunning and touching.
I have to admit it is obvious that the planning for this birth has been great and, IT l glitches not withstanding, it went very well. The media ended up getting more than they ever have before.

The Lindo steps evolved from the first Royals who gave birth there. It was never planned per se, but it grew and the only planning was by the the Metropolitan Police who had to corral the increasing umbrt of media and fans.

I'd like to think that any further births could be handled like this band I am sure Harry and Meghan are greatful to granny for th use of the Windsor stableyards and Great Hall so their home remains private.

Omid tweeted to standby for baby name.

I think we are getting it today!!!!

Seems they are about to announce the name

Archie Harrison.

Archie??? I'm gonna need a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom