Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful fruit of their love!

As for American accents; the town crier also said "God Bless America!"

Better to adress the Elephant in the Room sooner than later, with, of course, utterly respect.
This little gem is the first bi-racial member of the BRF, we can't deny that. It must be celebrated as it should be, and, i think, openly and respectfully discussed as such.
For me it's a bit early to see any particular trait...

The child is part African, and I think people are naturally looking for some African traits. This is not a negative.

My kids have freckles, but they didn't start to "pop" until they were older toddlers.

I need to see a comparison of two pictures - Meghan with her hand on Harry's back after the engagement announcement and Meghan with her hand on Harry's back today when they were leaving the photocall. Great moments, amazing love.

Such a happy moment!

Also, am I the only one more excited about seeing the new parents completely happy with their baby? I'm so sorry, but for me all newborns just look exactly the same...

Beautiful fruit of their love!

As for American accents; the town crier also said "God Bless America!"

:previous: And... at the end of Grandfather Thomas Markle's statement, he said "God Save The Queen".

This little guy is going to grow up in a global world especially with his parents focusing on the Commonwealth. He will grow up to appreciate diversity. He will grow up to realize that there's a need to give back and to help make the world a better place for everyone. He's going to grow up with two loving parents that will teach him by example.

This is one lucky little guy if you ask me. He's got quite a wonderful life ahead of him. ?

Of course, royal couples should present their baby in the way wish, but I hope we see palace or castles royal baby reveals from now on. The presentation of baby Sussex in St. George’s Hall was absolutely stunning and touching.
I agree that royal couples should first and foremost introduce their child to the public the way they see fit, and the Sussexes, especially Harry, look over the moon, but this approach leaves me cold and unimpressed. Windsor is very majestic and I like seeing the rooms but it seemed visually odd/incongruous to me to see the Sussexes walking through that cavernous hall and then stopping to be photographed and answer questions.

I totally respect that there are those who like how this was done, but I am not hankering to see other royals adopt this approach.

:cool:
The child is part African, and I think people are naturally looking for some African traits. This is not a negative.

My kids have freckles, but they didn't start to "pop" until they were older toddlers.

No he is not. The boy has African DNA. Him being Part African would mean Meghan was full African. The fact is she is a Bi racial person with African decent and little Earls Caucasian traits will almost certainly dominate.

Genetics do weird things. Just because the baby is only 1/4 black doesn't mean white traits will dominate.

Typically babies of mixed race can start out lighter then darken as they get older. I have a mixed race granddaughter who was very fair skinned (like her mother) that has gotten several shades darker now that she is 4 ...she has a half sister (father's side) that is lighter skinned and hair color ...just all depends on how the genetics lean.

The baby will likely be very attractive because both of his parents are.

LaRae

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the presentation. Like everything this couple does it comes across as way too stage managed.

I prefer the excitement and spontaneity of the Lindo Wing

What I could see of the new royal cutie pie methinks he looks like Harry!

It was really lovely to see this brief moment on the TV and I like the fact that a couple of days have passed since the birth so the moment could be a little more relaxed - plus having the Castle interior as a backdrop provides a regal atmosphere.

Meghan looks absolutely beautiful and glowing as all new mothers do. As for Baby Sussex, well like others have said, it is hard to tell one new born from another, but he certainly looked peaceful and content asleep.

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the presentation. Like everything this couple does it comes across as way too stage managed.

I prefer the excitement and spontaneity of the Lindo Wing

I thought I preferred Lindo too, but this was more personal and intimate but with the grand settings of Windsor to feel royal. Perfect balance, I say.

And ultimately probably much more comfortable for this particular family which is the most important part.

I also laugh that somehow Lindo Wing is LESS stage managed lol.

I agree. I remember that Princess Alexia and Princess Ingrid Alexandra only started to have freckles when they got older. As for Princess Alexia, she was blonde as a toddler, but her hair became ginger when she got older. Babies and children change so much over the years, and because Baby Sussex has mixed heritage, I'm sure his features will change a lot every year. So far he looks just a baby to me, but I can see that his full lips and pointy nose came from his mother.

Last edited:
Genetics do weird things. Just because the baby is only 1/4 black doesn't mean white traits will dominate.

Typically babies of mixed race can start out lighter then darken as they get older. I have a mixed race granddaughter who was very fair skinned (like her mother) that has gotten several shades darker now that she is 4 ...she has a half sister (father's side) that is lighter skinned and hair color ...just all depends on how the genetics lean.

The baby will likely be very attractive because both of his parents are.

LaRae

For Pity sake does it matter anyway? Let a baby be a baby before bringing up race! But the fact is he is only a fourth black. A mostly Caucasian child with some African DNA. Yes, genetics can be funny but the European side will always predominate.

I actually preferred the background of St. George's Hall to the exit of the Lindo Wing myself. Not a clamoring of a gaggle of cameras and reporters crowded around amid London city noise but a serene backdrop of the oldest inhabited castle in the UK with a select few filming and taking pictures and commentating. It was far more personal I think.

Along with the photo call, I imagine Harry and Meghan were at the castle to have lunch with the Queen and the DoE and present the little guy to "Granny". Meghan does seem to be a bit uncomfortable still which is to be expected. Bringing a child into this world is hard work. ?

I loved this presentation. What a cutie! They looked over the moon.

This was a perfect presentation. Everything was relaxed. Baby Sussex is an adorable baby with his mom’s nose. Harry and Meghan looked so in love with each other and their son. Thought it was cute they ran into Prince Phillip. He got to see the little bubba before the Queen. Can’t wait to hear his name.

Will we know his name today?

For Pity sake does it matter anyway? Let a baby be a baby before bringing up race! But the fact is he is only a fourth black. A mostly Caucasian child with some African DNA. Yes, genetics can be funny but the European side will always predominate.

It doesn't matter however the issue has been raised as to who the baby resembles ...you can hardly pretend the baby's mixed racial background doesn't exist.

LaRae

Will we know his name today?

I am hoping we will...dying to know!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually preferred the background of St. George's Hall to the exit of the Lindo Wing myself. Not a clamoring of a gaggle of cameras and reporters crowded around amid London city noise but a serene backdrop of the oldest inhabited castle in the UK with a select few filming and taking pictures and commentating. It was far more personal I think.

Along with the photo call, I imagine Harry and Meghan were at the castle to have lunch with the Queen and the DoE and present the little guy to "Granny". Meghan does seem to be a bit uncomfortable still which is to be expected. Bringing a child into this world is hard work. ?

I prefer royal baby presentations being done at in one of the royal estates. It’s just far much better than outside of the hospital with all the media chaos. It’s a more calmer and controlled environment for the couple and baby. Also, who wouldn’t want a gorgeous setting like St. George’s Hall, Windsor Castle, to present ones bundle of joy?

What a beautiful photo call that was!! Both parents looked so overjoyed, elated and cooing over their little boy.
I loved the setting, calm, controlled, intimate. Imho exactly what a new born baby and his new parents need.

Love is in the air and is contagious. Wonderful! :queen3::prettyplease:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Was anyone else besides me scouring the little one's face for signs of freckles? It would be so cute if the baby had Harry's ginger hair and Meghan's freckles. :D

Little early for freckles ;) though I believe over the years the little Earl of Dumbarton will have them scattered across his nose.

Lovely family photos today taken inside the stunning and historic St. George's Hall.

It doesn't matter however the issue has been raised as to who the baby resembles ...you can hardly pretend the baby's mixed racial background doesn't exist.

I actually feel that the little guy's mixed racial heritage is going to be something that will be a positive asset throughout his life. When you think of all the different genetics that went into composing this little bundle of joy, you can't help but think this little guy is going to have a *lot* to identify with over his lifetime. He's really going to represent the best of a whole lot of worlds and along with being raised to be the individual that he is, he will also be raised to be proud of his heritage.

What I could see of the new royal cutie pie methinks he looks like Harry!

Everyone sees things differently. Love it. I personally see Prince Andrew's birth pictures in this new child. Of course one can never tell. My one granddaughter is the image of her father's grandmother! Ancestry is a brilliant thing.

I really like that Harry announced the birth himself and that the presentation was at Windsor. It seemed more personal to me. And the setting seemed nicer as well.

I loved the bit about them running into Prince Philip on the way over.

Sussexroyal just posted about the photo-call, but no name. Maybe Friday?

I saw that...I was hoping today ..there's time still! But if not today, it won't be tomorrow since Harry's gone to the Netherlands ...maybe Friday or Monday.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom