Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that they are using the PA and have a variety of groups there. Harry and Meghan have a global attraction as well as being heavily involved in the Commonwealth. Their reach goes beyond the UK and they could be a real asset to the country if only some in the media would realize that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Gayle King is there doing an interview herself. I fail to see how this matters. Would it be because of Jessica Mulroney had it been ABC? And well, don’t get me started on who it could be at NBC because she worked for them for 7 years. And actually have friends at the executive level. CBS is actually the one with least ties of the networks.
Thank you for informing us about CBS sharing the photos with the pool.

As to Gayle-----------could it actually be Oprah's influence that's behind Gayle and CBS??????

Since Oprah was at the wedding, not Gayle.

Always find an opportunity to somehow get her finger in the cookie dough, that woman does.

Not saying anything bad about her......just an observation........LOL.

Last edited:
Thank you for informing us about CBS sharing the photos with the pool.

As to Gayle-----------could it actually be Oprah's influence that's behind Gayle and CBS??????

Since Oprah was at the wedding, not Gayle.

Always find an opportunity to somehow get her finger in the cookie dough, that woman does.

Not saying anything bad about her......just an observation........LOL.

Huh? How does that even make sense? How would this benefit Oprah? Gayle was working during the wedding. She was invited to the shower. None of us know how they all met. For some of Gayle’s caliber, getting an interview with Meghan would be nice, but hardly career making or breaking. Especially in US. I know it’s easy to think the world revolves around royalty in this forum, but it actually doesn’t.

As I explained earlier, CBS actually has the least advantage of the three major networks (CBS, ABC, and NBC) if we want to look at it from closeness to Meghan angle. When we look at the whole picture, and not just try to string speculations together, it’s clear that CBS really wouldn’t be the first choice if Meghan wants to play favorites as the article is trying to suggest.

And why is this such a big deal that ONE American is allowed in? This is still being led by Brits. And of course, everything is shared with the pool so everyone will have everything. Why is it so bad that a cameraman from the country of this baby’s other nationality was chosen to represent the international interest (something which various members of the media has talked about in the past days, but now seem to struggle to accept)?

I just love how its Meghan 'forcing them to include an American press' and how its 'Meghan's choice' which media is used.

She really has the entire firm whipped, all following her demands at beck and call. Must have threatened to run off with the baby or something :whistling:

But he’s only the 7th in line to the throne. ?

The reality of it all is that Harry and Meghan could have decided just to release a few photos on their Instagram page and be done with it.

I'm just grateful that they're going to have a photo call and we'll actually get to *see* the baby and the happy family. Anything else is just nit picking. ?

Well the British press is reporting Meghan's new press representative texted American media outlets about the birth and it was done without BP's knowledge.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last I looked Meghan doesn't have her Own press representative. The couple does. Nor does their communications advisor work on her own, they don't have their own court, they now are under the umbrella of Buckingham palace.

Its hilarious people think that the palace doesn't have a hand in this. And beyond that, that Harry is so whipped by his wife, she runs the show.

They won’t. It’s just a need to have a outrage that it’s not them personally. They made clear that it’ll be shared with the pool, but that only made the last paragraph after all of their own feelings.

Looneytick described a few pages back on various media’s attitude. It’s not about having everything, it’s about I need to have it before you or I’m going to throw a tantrum.

Actually what I was saying was not that “I need to have it first” is what they’ll fight over (not that anyone would turn down a scoop!) but rather “give it to us all so that we all have a fair chance to go live with it at the same time,” which means print sometimes needs to let broadcasters have a chance to set up equipment before anyone gets the info.

For a pool situation, there usually is a process governed by the press corps itself for determining who serves as the designated camera person, videographer and/or reporter. I don’t entirely understand what the palace means with the term “self-selected,” unless they mean they asked the American networks to decide among themselves who to send in as their video guy. And I’m not really clear if they are saying the CBS videographer is in addition to the one in the UK pool or that CBS is providing pool service instead of a UK guy. If it’s doubling up, that doesn’t make sense, but if it’s replacing I would be pretty peeved if I were a RR.

ETA: It just occurred to me that this might be a sign that they’re planning to address the baby’s citizenship, and that they anticipate that the British and American press will have different, necessary questions to ask about it. FYI, videographers often cover a portion of a story without a reporter in tow, so they are just as ready to ask questions as any other journalist.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the new family and perhaps learn the name!

In just a few hours time we’ll be seeing the Sussex family for the very first time, guys. Possibly getting the baby’s name tomorrow, too. Exciting stuff.

Can't wait to see all three of them. Surely the baby's name (please let it be Alex) would be released on the same day? They won't drag the process out I hope.

Can't wait to see all three of them. Surely the baby's name (please let it be Alex) would be released on the same day? They won't drag the process out I hope.

Isn't the tradition that they dont release the name until the Queen and Charles has met the baby? I know that was supposedly the case with the Cambs babies.

Of course, the Queen may have met Bubba already!

Actually what I was saying was not that “I need to have it first” is what they’ll fight over (not that anyone would turn down a scoop!) but rather “give it to us all so that we all have a fair chance to go live with it at the same time,” which means print sometimes needs to let broadcasters have a chance to set up equipment before anyone gets the info.

For a pool situation, there usually is a process governed by the press corps itself for determining who serves as the designated camera person, videographer and/or reporter. I don’t entirely understand what the palace means with the term “self-selected,” unless they mean they asked the American networks to decide among themselves who to send in as their video guy. And I’m not really clear if they are saying the CBS videographer is in addition to the one in the UK pool or that CBS is providing pool service instead of a UK guy. If it’s doubling up, that doesn’t make sense, but if it’s replacing I would be pretty peeved if I were a RR.

ETA: It just occurred to me that this might be a sign that they’re planning to address the baby’s citizenship, and that they anticipate that the British and American press will have different, necessary questions to ask about it. FYI, videographers often cover a portion of a story without a reporter in tow, so they are just as ready to ask questions as any other journalist.

The reporting states that its an American cameraman in addition to the British one. American camera pool shares with international outlets, PA with British. But afaik, only Alan is asking the questions. However, not sure why they need two pools unless they plan for the American video journalist to also ask questions.

My bad, I read it taking into account the comment about Palmer would’ve been fine if the broadcast had not had time to set up.

I read that it’s in addition to. Which adds to even more why they are miffed. It’s in addition to. Not that any Brit would loose their position. And let’s be honest, while we saw international, and certainly other countries are represented in terms of journalists in Windsor. It’s really the Brits and Americans that are leading in numbers.

You could totally be right about the citizenship. Although, I suspect it’s mere confirmation the baby does have dual citizenship. The press like to make a big deal as this shows the Sussexes want to raise their son as a global citizen, but US and UK citizenship hardly means global citizen. The fact is, they don’t have much choice here. And I think the inclusion of the American cameraman is only pre-confirming it.

We’ll see how it goes tomorrow. What I’ve seen is that this couple might do this different, but a lot of times they have a creative way of doing something, and we end up getting more. Seeing Harry after the birth was just so unbelievable and that itself can replace the hospital steps for me.

Last edited:
Isn't the tradition that they dont release the name until the Queen and Charles has met the baby? I know that was supposedly the case with the Cambs babies.

Of course, the Queen may have met Bubba already!

No. Simply they have to let her know the name first :flowers:

She met George before the name was released. But Charlotte's name was released when she was 2 days old, the queen met her the next day. Louis' name was released April 27, and the queen met him on the 30th.

Charles even less. He didn't meet Louis until Charlotte's birthday.

Last edited:
Prince Philip gave up his title as a Prince of Greece and Denmark in 1947 shortly before he married Princess Elizabeth. For a brief time before being given the title of Duke of Edinburgh by King George he was simply Naval Lt Philip Mountbatten.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ame-what-Duke-of-Edinburgh-title-real-surname

Yes, but I think it has been claimed that he couldn't get rid of his title without consent of his king or the Danish king. It was okayed by the British king, though.

^ There is a very valid argument that whilst an individual may voluntarily relinquish a title he cannot do so for unborn progeny - thus a life-peer may become a 'Mr' but his son remains entitled to the family title unless he too forswears its use.

The claim of the Duc d'Anjou to the Throne of France rests on this argument too.. and it has a lot of 'purchase', not merely regarding titles. For example a decision by one British govt cannot 'bind the hands' of a successor govt...

Last edited:
Do we know when the photo call is happening? Any news on that?

^ I doubt it'll be until California 'wakes up' tbh...

Harry and Meghan’s. Also, of course the British Press is reporting that. It’s their MO.

It would be very odd if a BP representative working for H&M were to start to text individual members of the US press. More inexperience and ineptitude. I hope once Harry has the bandwidth to focus on the "office", he can start to address some of these things.

Last edited:
From Tumblr:

what time are Meghan and Harry going to show off Baby Sussex?? (London time is fine) I live in Australia and need to know if I have to stay up till 3/4am to see them live lol

Apparently the guy who will be apart of the photo call said it would be taking place 1pm London time! :)

If it is 1.00 p.m. London then that will be 10.00 p.m. in Sydney which is right on bedtime for me.

I live in Melbourne. I'm going to check on Sky at around 9:30pm. If the photocall is 1pm then that's about 10pm here, but is the time correct?

Chanel 9 are crossing live when the photo call happens. They didn’t specify a time so I will record all evening to be sure.

On the 5pm news on Channel 10 (which is actually owned by CBS) in Melbourne earlier, the reporter in Windsor said 12:40pm local time (which is 9:40pm Melbourne time) was when the photos/footage would be released.

Thank you JessRulz. I'll settle in front of the TV then.

If it is 1.00 p.m. London then that will be 10.00 p.m. in Sydney which is right on bedtime for me.

Just in time for the morning news, Eastern time.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah 4 minutes ago
The Queen will meet her new great-grandson today at Windsor, and Baby Sussex will take part in his first official photo call later today #BabySussex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom