The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 05-06-2019, 03:59 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
They may have waited to coincide with the American breakfast shows. Gayle King arrived in Britain today.
I doubt that. I think there were lots of phone calls to make and a bit of family time before the public announcement.
__________________

  #202  
Old 05-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Isn't he just Earl of Dumbarton rather than the Earl of Dumbarton? That's still Harry right?

Harry is Prince Henry, The Duke of Sussex and The Earl of Dumbarton (in his own right) while his son is the Earl of Dumbarton (or xxx Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton, as a courtesy title.) Harry has no surname, because he is a Royal Highness and a Royal Duke, so he doesn't need one (other than the "normal dukes") but his son needs a surname, as he is not a Royal Highness.
__________________

  #203  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I'm a little delirious at this point, and read that as two boys. I was like WHAT?!?!?!

LOL go get some sleep!



LaRae
  #204  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Lucky for you! I had a very fast delivery of my son and it did damage that still gives me trouble, 17 years later. My doctor has said several times that most women's bodies are made to take a little time with the process, so a rush of a delivery is often...brutal.

Hopefully Meghan's wasn't the brutal kind of fast and she's recovering nicely. If nothing else she surely needs some sleep after laboring in the dark hours!
Ugh, that sounds horrid. I had back labor for several days with things progressing a lot before contractions began. Then things went fast.

Yes, hopefully labor and delivery were uneventful and fairly easy. At least the baby wasn’t too big-that makes things easier too
  #205  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:14 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I think Earl of Dumbarton is an unfortunate title because he may be called Dummy at school although I don't think that the British have dummy as a derogatory word as in North America.
Or better yet Barty or Dumbo. Should he be called Dumbo, his parents or his granny Doria can read to the young Earl the story of Dumbo, eh. And the young Sussex Earl can hold his head high with pride in sharing this moniker with such a great character!

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/...elephant-story
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.r...=0&w=300&h=300
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Q...=0&w=195&h=178

In any case, we still do not know for sure what titles, if any will be bestowed upon their newborn. It's always a possibility (as usual) that Meghan and Harry could surprise us with their choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
According to Richard Palmer

"No signatures of medical staff because the couple don’t want the public to know who attended at the birth"
Most likely to preserve the privacy and anonymity of these medical professionals. That's seemingly a good idea, and perhaps appreciated by the doctors. Surely M&H expect and are equally assured of the same discretion from the doctors.
  #206  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Or better yet Barty or Dumbo. Should he be called Dumbo, his parents or his granny Doria can read to the young Earl the story of Dumbo, eh. And the young Sussex Earl can hold his head high with pride in sharing this moniker with such a great character!

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/...elephant-story
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.r...=0&w=300&h=300
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Q...=0&w=195&h=178

In any case, we still do not know for sure what titles, if any will be bestowed upon their newborn. It's always a possibility (as usual) that Meghan and Harry could surprise us with their choices.
It's not up to Harry and Meghan to decide on titles. They are not the found of honours. The young baby currently goes by Harry's subsidiary title as Harry's eldest son and formally is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor.
  #207  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:31 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I doubt that. I think there were lots of phone calls to make and a bit of family time before the public announcement.
Right, they needed bonding time with their new baby, as well as the opportunity to telephone their nearest and dearest so those closest to them would hear the news from their lips first, prior to a public announcement.

Reports on the BBC suggest that M&H were not keeping palace officials informed up to the minute either. Apparently, the Sussexes desire to have their own measure of control over how the official announcement was made.

The labor announcement was around 2pm, over eight hours after the baby's birth. And then details came out about another hour later, and shortly after that, Prince Harry came out onto the grounds of Windsor near horse stalls, to declare their happiness. He seemed so thrilled, smiling and rubbing his hands together in sheer delight. It's lovely to see Harry so happy (after all the sadness he's experienced). It was sweet of him to thank everyone who has sent them well wishes and support. Harry even thanked the horses! I wish the Sussexes, granny Doria, and their inner circle great joy during this special time.
  #208  
Old 05-06-2019, 04:32 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

In any case, we still do not know for sure what titles, if any will be bestowed upon their newborn. It's always a possibility (as usual) that Meghan and Harry could surprise us with their choices.



Most likely to preserve the privacy and anonymity of these medical professionals. That's seemingly a good idea, and perhaps appreciated by the doctors. Surely M&H expect and are equally assured of the same discretion from the doctors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It's not up to Harry and Meghan to decide on titles. They are not the found of honours. The young baby currently goes by Harry's subsidiary title as Harry's eldest son and formally is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor.
Actually no, the baby is Earl of Dumbarton, not Lord x Mountbatten- Windsor. That would be a second son. Yes, Harry and Meghan will choose his given names but not his title.

Medical professionals are obligated to protect their patients’ privacy, Royal or not.
  #209  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Daily mail is now reporting the baby was born at Portland hospital
  #210  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
Niagara Falls will shine blue Monday to mark royal birth

Niagara Falls will be illuminated in 'royal' blue Monday evening to commemorate the birth of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's newborn son. The Niagara Falls Illumination Board will light the falls a shimmering blue between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. tonight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...blue-1.5125083
  #211  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually no, the baby is Earl of Dumbarton, not Lord x Mountbatten- Windsor. That would be a second son. Yes, Harry and Meghan will choose his given names but not his title.

Medical professionals are obligated to protect their patients’ privacy, Royal or not.
He is not the earl of Dumbarton. Harry himself is. Nonetheless, his oldest son will be known as Earl of Dumbarton (at least for now - as a courtesy title) but technically he is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor (if I understand all of it correctly). His younger brother (if he will have any) will indeed be and use lord X Mountbatten-Windsor..
  #212  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Daily mail is now reporting the baby was born at Portland hospital
If that is true and Meghan and the baby are back at Windsor, she went in and out of the hospital in an amazingly short time.

EDIT: I just found out that the possible future Jacobite. heir to the thrones of England and Scotland, Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, was also born at Portland hospital, which is quite interesting.
  #213  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
He is not the earl of Dumbarton. Harry himself is. Nonetheless, his oldest son will be known as Earl of Dumbarton (at least for now - as a courtesy title) but technically he is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor (if I understand all of it correctly). His younger brother (if he will have any) will indeed be and use lord X Mountbatten-Windsor..
I think he is xxx Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton. In conversation, he should be addressed as Lord Dumbarton , not Lord xxx or Lord xxx Mountbatten-Windsor .
  #214  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted with the news of the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son today, and look forward to meeting the latest addition to the family."

Via Kensington Palace Instagram
  #215  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If that is true and Meghan and the baby are back at Windsor, she went in and out of the hospital in an amazingly short time.
No. I think there is a false sense of quickness due to the timing of the announcement. We didn't know until the afternoon that she went into labor in the early hours of morning. She had the baby at sunrise. There is time there. I think some said in UK, they only keep mothers for six hours. I did also wonder if the delayed announcement is to give them time to get home. I also found the Frogmore Cottage word to be a bit odd. But it doesn't matter really.

I'm just happy mom and baby are healthy and relaxing at home. Congrats to the couple for pulling this off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
Niagara Falls will shine blue Monday to mark royal birth

Niagara Falls will be illuminated in 'royal' blue Monday evening to commemorate the birth of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's newborn son. The Niagara Falls Illumination Board will light the falls a shimmering blue between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. tonight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...blue-1.5125083
That's really pretty.

Speaking of Canada, Justin Trudeau also tweeted out a message of congratulations earlier.
  #216  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,272
Just woke up to the wonderful news at long last they have a baby boy. I am very pleased that Prince Harry spoke to the media to give us his thoughts.
Congratulations to the couple over their beautiful bundle of joy. And i look forward to Wednesday when Harry himself said they will release photo's.
An exciting time for Harry and Meghan and to share the news with family and friends.
  #217  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It's not up to Harry and Meghan to decide on titles. They are not the found of honours. The young baby currently goes by Harry's subsidiary title as Harry's eldest son and formally is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor.
Oh sure. But again, I will not be surprised about whatever decisions M&H make about how they wish to live their lives and raise their offspring. As this is the way things are done, and Harry has long been accepting and happy about his royal role and status in life after his youthful misgivings, there's probably no doubt he & Meghan will adhere to convention. We've never actually heard it from their lips regarding the issue of titles in any case, despite all of the speculation they might refuse any titles (which I doubt). As it stands, the child will be Earl of Dumbarton. Any other son: Lord Mountbatten-Windsor, and any daughter: Lady Mountbatten-Windsor. I hope they will one day be blessed to have a daughter.

When Charles becomes King, the Sussex offspring are entitled to hold HRH Prince/Princess titles. But we shall see. I don't think the Sussexes want their children to hold royal titles, but we haven't had that confirmed.

Some people (particularly in America) who don't frequent TRF, are quite confused on the issue of British titles, and how royal titles are distinguished from lesser titles. It can be rather complicated to understand.
  #218  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
No. I think there is a false sense of quickness due to the timing of the announcement. We didn't know until the afternoon that she went into labor in the early hours of morning. She had the baby at sunrise. There is time there. I think some said in UK, they only keep mothers for six hours. I did also wonder if the delayed announcement is to give them time to get home. I also found the Frogmore Cottage word to be a bit odd. But it doesn't matter really.

I'm just happy mom and baby are healthy and relaxing at home. Congrats to the couple for pulling this off.
It is quite common for new mothers to go home within hours plus there is no question she will have plenty of support at home. Like you I am pleased all is well.
  #219  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:19 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,758
I can’t stop watching Harry’s video. His laugh and jump slay me. He so happy. I’m really looking forward to their photo call.
  #220  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think he is xxx Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Dumbarton. In conversation, he should be addressed as Lord Dumbarton , not Lord xxx or Lord xxx Mountbatten-Windsor .
I fully agree. While he technically is Lord X Mountbatten-Windsor, that doesn't mean that he will be addressed as such. Had Harry not had subsidiary titles he would be known by this name.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windsor/Mountbatten-Windsor: Name of Royal House and Surname HRH Kimetha British Royals 298 04-06-2021 10:39 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 3: October 2005-March 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 195 06-07-2007 08:24 AM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 2: May 2004-October 2005 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 220 10-10-2005 10:51 PM
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 1: November 2003-May 2004 montecarlo Current Events Archive 157 05-29-2004 01:38 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names biography birth britain britannia british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness coronation daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii family life family tree gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove history hochberg hypothetical monarchs japan jewellery książ castle liechtenstein list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia mountbatten names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex suthida unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×