A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the royals would be pretty pleased if Harry married a nice girl from a Commonwealth country, particularly one of the Commonwealth realms. I remember when Harry went to Australia on his gap year reading the odd comment in the papers that HM would love it if Harry married an Australian girl. It would give Australians a sense of 'ownership' over the royal family that they no longer feel (speaking in general here).

I would have zero issue if Harry married someone of a different race and I genuinely feel that the vast majority of Britons would agree with me. I mean, London is probably the most ethnically diverse city on earth with its schoolchildren speaking over 200 languages. Britain has changed a lot since the 1950s.

My criteria for Harry is that he finds a single woman that he loves who is willing to take on all the crap that comes, along with the advantages, of being a British royal. I'd prefer that she not be an actress/popstar/reality TV contestant, but I somehow doubt that Harry's going to check with me before he makes his choice, so I'll just have to accept it!

Good luck to him!

I think the royals would be pretty pleased if Harry married a nice girl from a Commonwealth country, particularly one of the Commonwealth realms. I remember when Harry went to Australia on his gap year reading the odd comment in the papers that HM would love it if Harry married an Australian girl. It would give Australians a sense of 'ownership' over the royal family that they no longer feel (speaking in general here).

I don't think so.

My criteria for Harry is that he finds a single woman that he loves who is willing to take on all the crap that comes, along with the advantages, of being a British royal. I'd prefer that she not be an actress/popstar/reality TV contestant, but I somehow doubt that Harry's going to check with me before he makes his choice, so I'll just have to accept it!

Good luck to him!

Good luck with that.

I don't think so.

Good luck with that.

Henry needs no luck with finding a wife that isn't a reality TV star and made her name off her face. As for having an Aussie Princess look what it did for Denmark and Australia links, I bet they feel closer to the Danish family than British.

One option for Harry is love with a little cushion for comfort. I am very sure there are very wealthy Brits with very gorgeous daughters. Maybe a Sir in there, would be more than happy to take "the spare", of that generation, almost once removed, as a son in law. He would be more than happy subsidies Harry's income for the couple to have a very comfortable wife. Had Andrew married better, how his live would be different now?

A Canadian or Australian billionaire's daughter would be applauded all around. You have to remember, the Queen's no longer at the top in Great Britain, much less the world.

Last edited:
I don't think so.

Good luck with that.

Why on earth wouldn't an Australian woman marrying the son of the future King be of greater interest to, at least some, Australians? How many Aussies do you think knew that the Danish royal family existed, let alone had any interest in them, before one of their own married a Danish prince?

I know that Harry's been linked to one or two models and a singer in the DM, but his only serious girlfriend was none of those things, she's actually a solicitor now. I don't think I have to worry too much about Harry shacking up with a younger Kerry Katona type.

A Canadian or Australian billionaire's daughter would be applauded all around. You have to remember, the Queen's no longer at the top in Great Britain, much less the world.

Not being at the top of the financial heap in the UK is a good thing for HM, IMO. She is still very wealthy so we won't be holding any telethons to raise money for her though, but still no need for her grandchildren to marry for money.

Not being at the top of the financial heap in the UK is a good thing for HM, IMO. She is still very wealthy so we won't be holding any telethons to raise money for her though, but still no need for her grandchildren to marry for money.

Yup, plus unlike Prince Andrew, Prince Harry is already independently wealthy because of his mother's estate.

Henry needs no luck with finding a wife that isn't a reality TV star and made her name off her face. As for having an Aussie Princess look what it did for Denmark and Australia links, I bet they feel closer to the Danish family than British.

Speaking for my self, I would have to agree with you Lumutqueen. The British RF continue to loose traction here. The Danish RF went from being unknown to being the favorite royal family ever! I have not read any negative press in Australia against Mary and Fredrick.

If Harry needs a bride, I have a beautiful granddaughter, a college graduate, that would be able to handle the lifestyle and pressure. She is not as tall as Catherine, but she does possesse the same self confidence. Nothing would upset her and she sure as heck would be discrete. Too bad they will never meet.

Maybe you should find your grand daughter a job in London, and suggest she spend some time at the polo fields.

If Prince Harry fell in love with a woman who was from a different racial or cultural background, most people in Britain wouldn't have a problem with that, especially the younger generation. Some older conservative people might raise an eyebrow over it or perhaps be opposed to the union, but the majority of people would have no problem with it.

A potential wife for Prince Harry. Let me see? Do we know anyone? The way he is at the moment, I reckon his best bet is a fellow officer in one of the services. Or an heiress who sits around not doing anything but planning what she's going to wear to the next party. That's about it. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Please note that all posts regarding race have been deleted as off topic.

A potential wife for Prince Harry. Let me see? Do we know anyone? The way he is at the moment, I reckon his best bet is a fellow officer in one of the services. Or an heiress who sits around not doing anything but planning what she's going to wear to the next party. That's about it. I'm leaning towards the latter.

LOL! Until Harry evolves a little more as a human, that's my take as well. Which is why I think he needs to give it a few more years before he starts looking for a wife.

LOL! Until Harry evolves a little more as a human, that's my take as well. Which is why I think he needs to give it a few more years before he starts looking for a wife.

Exactly what should he evolve into?

Exactly what should he evolve into?

I have made my opinions known on Harry's readiness for marriage several days ago. I will not change them and I really don't care who disagrees on the matter.

There are certain traits that makes Harry essentially who he is and some of those traits can be looked at positively or negatively. He is doing what he does best and that is being himself and I don't see any reason to change one thing about him. He'll age and perhaps mellow out and slow down like we all do and somewhere along the line when he least expects it, he'll fall in love... or maybe not. Its no great shame to remain a bachelor and if Harry is seriously considering a military career for quite a few more years, he may well be into his 40s even before thinking of settling down.

I find it psychologically interesting that Harry's taste in women seems stuck on leggy blondes with a somewhat defiant streak in their character. Looking for a replacement for his mother perhaps???

I find it psychologically interesting that Harry's taste in women seems stuck on leggy blondes with a somewhat defiant streak in their character. Looking for a replacement for his mother perhaps???

So do I. I reckon there could be something to this theory.

It is one of the perks. Have to admit. He lives in a glass bubble, but he can date any girl that strikes his fancy. It's give and take.

To be fair - a Type A perfectionist would not last long with Harry, I think (even should he find them fascinating) :lol:

Great observation.

Harry was tragically deprived of his mother at a time when he still needed her. I don't believe he's had any therapy to deal with it all, and let's face it, anyone who grew up in Charles and Diana's nuclear family surely needed it (they gave new definition to the term "nuclear" family! :ROFLMAO:)

I base my opinions on Harry's readiness for marriage on having some education on dysfunctional familial relationships and their effects on the children growing up in it. With their place on the world stage and not discounting all of the psychological damage done by playing this out as the most famous family on Earth, I posit that their dysfunction ranks among the "most" dysfunctional.

Now, despite my laughing at poor old Harry, he really is a victim in all of that. But as he is an adult, he changes from victim to player. The only way to stop the cycle that was set in motion in his family of origin is intense and painful self-examination.

:previous:
Geezz Giraffe, you leave me nothing to write! Are you reading my mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember in an interview early last year he stated he was looking for someone. Actually I think it was a couple of interviews. I, however don't really think he's quite ready yet. I think he still has some growing up to do. He may find someone now, but he is still a few years off from actual marriage in my opinion. I am with GracieGiraffe on this one completely.

Yes, Gracie Giraffe said it well! Harry needs counseling, but there are so many types of counselors. One needs one that really fits Harry and has wisdom to boot. He needs to be guided to go over the past years since Diana's death and even before that. And to do so with love for the whole nuclear family which disintegrated. Love is the key, and forgiveness.

Honestly, I get very uncomfortable when we delve into anything as speculative and personal as how Harry's mother's death affected him and his ability to have personal relationship. First of all- we have no idea at all. The only thing we know about Harry is that he maintained a long term and ostensibly happy relationship with someone he might have been very happy to marry had the circumstances of his life been different.

Second- I feel like it crosses a line. Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't imagine anyone would be happy to have things so intimate speculated on by strangers.

Am I the only one that gets that feeling?

Yes, Gracie Giraffe said it well! Harry needs counseling, but there are so many types of counselors. One needs one that really fits Harry and has wisdom to boot. He needs to be guided to go over the past years since Diana's death and even before that. And to do so with love for the whole nuclear family which disintegrated. Love is the key, and forgiveness.

Should we perhaps look for one that is young, single, blonde and long legged? Sounds like you've described what he needs in a wife. :D

Should we perhaps look for one that is young, single, blonde and long legged? Sounds like you've described what he needs in a wife. :D

Hahahahaha! The last thing anyone needs is a good old case of transference and countertransference in the therapy room.

And no, I don't feel uncomfortable discussing these matters about Harry or anyone else. This is not to pick him apart - it's to learn something from basic human behavior.

For one thing, while we don't know how certain events affect a person specifically, we pretty well know in general how an event will effect someone, and if someone does not go through the painful process of sorting out personal cataclysmic events, they go unresolved. That the Wales family lived under some of the most dysfunctional circumstances ever recorded is no secret taboo subject. Were the parents not on TV emoting about their love lives and infidelity - topics best left to the therapy room or confessional - while their children watched on TV with their peers? Was the whole drama not dragged out across the pages of every rag in the English-speaking world? I could go on and on about Mum and Dad, but I think you get it. And then, to appease the British public who felt their own grief was not being addressed, these two kids were forced to walk behind their mother's coffin like two puppets in some maudlin production. And then, from everything I read, they were basically left to sort themselves out hanging out with the friends and on bracing walks and excursions on the grounds of Balmoral with Granddad. We know that grief and anger and other emotions left untreated do not simply fade away. They stay. And fester. I'm not making any assumptions that anyone who has read about him and knows a bit about psychology can actually deduce.

I say these things not to put down Harry, but to help him. If my commentary gets through to him and he gives it some thought, I will feel that I have accomplished something good.

Harry has enormous untapped strengths that I feel are going wasted (and no, I don't feel that pulling triggers from apache helicopters is a life well lived). Sometimes our life lessons require us to go through enormous pain so that we can process it, resolve it, and help make us stronger. If he can do this, I feel that he can become a great contributor to our great planet.

I think that Harry is much like his late mother and so needs someone unlike her in order to have any hope of a happy marriage. My own feeling is that, although he might be very attracted to blonde socialites and celebrities, a person like that might not be good for him. My impression of Harry is that he's reckless and impulsive, and so he needs someone who's quite down-to-earth and stable. Someone he doesn't have to impress and who loves him for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom