A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giraffe, I'm down for the tea cup set please! I'll buy them a Bar-B-Q!

The idea of Wills and Kate fixing Henry up creeps me out. The though of Kate's sister being the gal they push is bringing on the nausea...aarrhg.

Well he says he's looking (saw him talking about that last year) but I don't really see how now is a good time what with all the deployments. I'm guessing his unit will rotate back in again within a year or so.

LaRae

I think the question may be: Is Henry husband material yet?

That IS the material point IMO. Without knowing the real Harry, and from what I have read and heard of him in the media, my response is a flat NO.

He appears to be a lovely, lovely, man, with a charisma and empathy that has come from his mother. But this is while dealing with people at a distance. I wonder what he is like up close and personal, day after day.

I can't help feeling that a man who grew up in the very publicly displayed morass that was his parents' marriage, the media circus gone mad, culminating in the final shattering loss of his mother just before his 13th birthday, and then yet another media circus gone mad, might need to go through years of growth and reflection before he is ready for the hard work of a monogamous, perpetual relationship.

I don't see a man who partied for two weeks straight in Vegas last year as a man who has gone through all he needs to go through before he is ready for wife and kids. Relationships are hard work - and they must be 10 times harder for those who are in the eye of the tabloid vultures.

From all I have read, Harry drinks copious amounts of alcohol, and possibly smokes up to three packs of cigarettes a day (as per the royals who smoke thread). There's a lack of moderation that makes me wonder why.

If I were close to the woman who theoretically finds herself having to make this decision, this is the advice I would give her.

Eh. I'm 28. I've been in a happily monogamous relationship for more than three years. And yet, two years ago I had a fabulous time in Vegas with several friends- strip clubs, great meals and copious amounts of alcohol included. And it was purely for fun- none of us were shipping off to Afghanistan the next month. One of my friends is a married father of two, there with his wife's blessing and he was home to be a good husband and father the next week.

I think it's a very poor way to judge Harry- looking at his private vacation with some military buddies and gathering from what you see in the press that he's unready for a serious relationship- despite the fact that he himself has indicated otherwise in several interviews.

I really thought it was high spirited fun. No one got hurt. None of it was bullying or cruel behavior. Just Harry trying to be a normal carefree man for a weekend.

I hate for him that this will be brought up forever.

Eh. I'm 28. I've been in a happily monogamous relationship for more than three years. And yet, two years ago I had a fabulous time in Vegas with several friends- strip clubs, great meals and copious amounts of alcohol included. And it was purely for fun- none of us were shipping off to Afghanistan the next month. One of my friends is a married father of two, there with his wife's blessing and he was home to be a good husband and father the next week.

I think it's a very poor way to judge Harry- looking at his private vacation with some military buddies and gathering from what you see in the press that he's unready for a serious relationship- despite the fact that he himself has indicated otherwise in several interviews.

I really thought it was high spirited fun. No one got hurt. None of it was bullying or cruel behavior. Just Harry trying to be a normal carefree man for a weekend.

You are entitled to that opinion.

If the Vegas/Caribbean thing were an isolated event, I would be inclined to agree with you, and I dreaded bringing it up because the Harry fans would jump on THAT part. Excluding that part, my opinion stands based on all that I mentioned.

This is the advice I would give to a woman I cared about who found herself in the position of deciding whether to have a serious relationship with Harry. Your advice would certainly differ.

I agree!
That sort of thing is what people do in Vegas! :lol:

I also didn't think it caused any harm; it's a pity the girls they invited into their private rooms weren't more discreet, but it's not like any crime was committed.

You are entitled to that opinion.

If the Vegas/Caribbean thing were an isolated event, I would be inclined to agree with you, and I dreaded bringing it up because the Harry fans would jump on THAT part. Excluding that part, my opinion stands based on all that I mentioned.

This is the advice I would give to a woman I cared about who found herself in the position of deciding whether to have a serious relationship with Harry. Your advice would certainly differ.

I think (as far as I can even judge) Harry hasn't been out drinking like he used for quite a while now. More and more of his friends are setteling down and he himself has said he is getting too old to go out much. Several years ago I would have agreed with you, know I'm not so sure.

Marry someone from TRF!!!!! What a great idea! We can all go to the wedding. Westminster filled with TRF posters!!!!

Every last one of you will be invited. We'll have a rip roaring time, well all except Harry. he of course cannot be trusted. As to whether Harry is marriage material. Trust me he will be.

Also I'm pretty sure I have royalty in the family, so win win. We can't go wrong.

I think (as far as I can even judge) Harry hasn't been out drinking like he used for quite a while now. More and more of his friends are setteling down and he himself has said he is getting too old to go out much. Several years ago I would have agreed with you, know I'm not so sure.

I'm not saying that Harry did this, but he might have taken advantage of the fact that most military bases are notorious for the drugs, the drunks and the carousing. I doubt he gave up the lifestyle just because he was deployed. If one is so incluned, one will find their doom.

KittyAtlanta said:
I'm not saying that Harry did this, but he might have taken advantage of the fact that most military bases are notorious for the drugs, the drunks and the carousing. I doubt he gave up the lifestyle just because he was deployed. If one is so incluned, one will find their doom.

Alcohol is not allowed at military bases in Afghanistan.

Every last one of you will be invited. We'll have a rip roaring time, well all except Harry. he of course cannot be trusted. As to whether Harry is marriage material. Trust me he will be.

Also I'm pretty sure I have royalty in the family, so win win. We can't go wrong.

Let me set the record straight; I hope I am dead wrong on this subject and all of you are right. I don't think Harry's a bad guy, in fact I think deep down he has a heart of gold. I'd like to see him find the woman of his dreams and live happily ever after.

And I mean it when I say if anyone here snags the fellow, you shall have that toaster and those towels, and I'm betting that tea set and BBQ, and I will go to the ends of the Earth just to find that right fascinator for my giraffe's horns, and a Pippa like dress made for one that walks on all fours.

P.S. Don't seat me with the Spencers. Or the Beckhams. I think they're utter bores. I'll sit with that new AfricanAussie girl and we'll snag a bottle of champs for ourselves and have a rip roaring time.

P.S. Don't seat me with the Spencers. Or the Beckhams. I think they're utter bores. I'll sit with that new AfricanAussie girl and we'll snag a bottle of champs for ourselves and have a rip roaring time.

I'll join the two of you there and smuggle in a box of scones to go with the champs. :D

One place I've been think of that might be a place for Harry to meet a woman that would have his interests at heart would be a woman that works for one of his patronages... such as Sentabale. I really have a feeling that if and when he does settle down, she's going to be a down to earth, sensible type of woman.

Giraffe, I agree with EVERYTHING you said about Henry!!! Spot on!:mountie: And I too can't help like the guy, but he really needs some wisdom cells inserted in his brain.

Would love to sit with you and Osipi at this momentous wedding (oh, hang on, Osipi is out the front, next to the groom), we will make sure fun is to be had by all, even if we do have to provide the entertainment! Bring on the champs!:fireworks:

Harry was not partying in Vegas with friends. He was partying with strangers, who then took advantage of him. Now, his remarks about killing Taliban, were not thought out.

Last edited:
:previous:

I think Harry was utterly shattered by his mother's death. Some people can recover from all that, but I don't think he did given the incredibly unique and public circumstances under which he lost his mother.

While I think Harry has great potential as a Diana-figure, with various causes and charities (a trait he also gets from his Dad), I'm far too old to view any of these royals with the same rose-colored glasses I once viewed certain pop stars in my salad days. I tend to see them for who they are. They're all incredibly human.

I think he's a soul who chose an incredibly tough life this time around (if one believes such things), and his journey will be a lot tougher than some of the rest of us. I hope that journey leads him one day to a wife. We'll see.

What worries me is that he does not appear to accept responsibility for, at least, this last Vegas incident. In his military interview he said the let himself down as well as his family but in the next breath he said the media had no business reporting it, they knew he was going to the warfront. That tells me he is not accepting the situation as it was and as you described earlier in this post. The media was not at the party, they did not photograph him. The media published, he set up the rest.

Why can he not see that and make changes accordingly? He has been their target since birth. Get with the program.

I understand he is seriously affected by his mother's death but he is a man now and must try and wizen up for his sake and that of his potential future family.

In any case, I do not understand the need for anyone to express oneself in such a vulgar, demeaning way. Perfect ammunition for his enemies!

He also said'too much soldier and not enough prince'. Many soldiers let loose before deployment. I have seen it many times in my family. Hope he gets the hang of being a Prince soon.

No, he certainly did not accept responsibility for Vegas, which is the hallmark of a mature person. I noticed that too.

What worries me is that he does not appear to accept responsibility for, at least, this last Vegas incident. In his military interview he said the let himself down as well as his family but in the next breath he said the media had no business reporting it, they knew he was going to the warfront.

The fact he was going to the warfront does not let him off the hook, IMO. No matter how much he might like to think so, he is not an ordinary soldier. He is the Queen's grandson, and will never be an ordinary soldier. He should behave in a more dignified fashion.

Why can he not see that and make changes accordingly? He has been their target since birth. Get with the program.

I understand he is seriously affected by his mother's death but he is a man now and must try and wizen up for his sake and that of his potential future family.
I totally agree. It's been more than 15 years since his mother died. He still seems to be in denial, or seem to think he is owed something by the media. Being Diana's son doesn't help, of course, since an element of her celebrity follows him, but he should know that and accept that and deal with it.

In any case, I do not understand the need for anyone to express oneself in such a vulgar, demeaning way. Perfect ammunition for his enemies!

I don't really care what he does, as long as he's discreet about it. If he wants to do things like that he should make sure he only does them behind very secure doors with close friends, not strangers he's picked up in a bar, and that there is no way that his antics are going to end up on the internet. If he doesn't take these precautions and does them anyway, he can't complain, IMO. He's old enough to know this and to accept responsibility for it.

One place I've been think of that might be a place for Harry to meet a woman that would have his interests at heart would be a woman that works for one of his patronages... such as Sentabale. I really have a feeling that if and when he does settle down, she's going to be a down to earth, sensible type of woman.

A really nice idea Osipi. But do you think they will ever get a scope for buliding up a relation..Charities are utter PR work of royals, however sincere they are, and every move of them there is widely covered and publicised. Do you think Harry can speak even a second sentaence to that gal without media blowing off the hell loose and the poor female freaking out..:bang:

I really don't see any reason why Harry needs to "own up" or feel remorse for Vegas at all. He was a young 20 something out to take the world by storm and party like there's no tomorrow which is so common to service folks about to be deployed to a war zone where its quite a bit of a different way of life totally and there is that chance that there will be no tomorrow.

He's said it himself. He works hard and parties hard. He's passionate. When something means something to him, he'll give 110% of his energy to it. Of course it was a terrible shock to him to lose his mother around 13. I think all of us that have lost parents never really get over it but the pain does ease and life goes on. When the time comes and Harry does find someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with, he'll give 110% of himself into that too I wager. He's not going to marry for the sake of being married and having heirs but because he seriously wants to make a commitment to another person.

Well Osipi, then let him and his family be proud of what he did in Vegas. Yeah, right.

By the way, he is much nearer 30 than 20. Way too old for this stupid behavior. Very unattractive. No wonder Chelsy split.

This guy sure knows how to self destruct rather than just let off steam. Very frustrating watching talent go down the....:bang:

Well Osipi, then let him and his family be proud of what he did in Vegas. Yeah, right.

By the way, he is much nearer 30 than 20. Way too old for this stupid behavior. Very unattractive. No wonder Chelsy split.

This guy sure knows how to self destruct rather than just let off steam. Very frustrating watching talent go down the....:bang:

Yes because Chelsy had a 'clean streak' ;)
When Henry wants to settle down he will, there's no rush nor a real need if he doesn't want to.

Harry just got back from a successful tour doing active duty in Afghanistan, and some of you are making it sound like he's two steps removed from a mental breakdown and rehab.

Shall I hand out the smelling salts for next time he's seen *gasp* ENTERING A BAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom