A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! :D No. I just think that Chelsey Davy is his first love and unless she marries elsewhere, it will be hard for him to move on. Not that she wants him to hang around. It seems to me she has made up her mind. Its he who stays. He is a persistent wooer, methinks. Who knows how it will all end.
Since Chelsy has never given an interview we are only going on what we read in the papers like Mail Online, etc. We only have their take on Harry and Chelsey and the reasons why they broke up. We know that William didn't want to get married too early and, in my opinion, took way to long to make up his mind and turned his girlfriend into "Waity Katy". Would we know if Harry felt the same? Perhaps Chelsey told him it was time to fish or cut bait and he bailed? Perhaps he is having second or third thoughts but Chelsey has just decided they are now only friends with benefits?
What's curious is that the young woman clearly lives a discreet life - yet the tabloids manage to get her coming out of pubs at 3 a.m. - that's all they are looking for - 'all those pictures' are not that many and are not her doing - and in fact she is not playing up to the camera at all in them. Would anyone take a good picture at that time of the morning, drunk or not, trying to turn away from the flashes, anyway? The photographers are just feeding a very nasty character assassination on Ms Davy, IMO.
Let's face it, the media had both Harry and William set as the original "Hooray Henry's" snapping them looking totalled coming out of clubs on a semi-regular basis until the engagement was announced and suddenly William was reinvented as "the boy next door" and only Harry inhabited party central.. They only give up on Harry when he disappears on training courses and the story starves for want of pictorial evidence although one or two outlets did try recycling the photos. But narky people like us spotted them!

That leaves following the "ex's" in hope of finding:

a. She's off her face in a public place. What a lucky escape for the Palace!
b. She's found another man and is engaged. He's only rebound guy but what a lucky escape for the Palace!
c. She's still sneaking around with Harry! Pictures? Pictures anyone?

Their preferred option is "c" of course, as it leads right back to Harry and a litany of his past girlfriends and oh what a lucky escape for the Palace they were!

Yes you are right. She did admit that she has no interest in becoming a royal. She doesnt want to deal with the rules and regulations I suppose. I really dont think Harry is even ready for marriage yet and frankly does he even need to think of marriage since he isnt under any pressure to produce an heir?

There isn't much pressure on Harry either way. With William now married, so long as Catherine starts producing children, the pressure will only decrease since Harry's importance will rapidly decline in terms of succession.

The real challenge for him is to stay productive and out of the tabloids.

Wow, I never really thought about it but Harry really is a "spare". So once William has kids Harry is basically not that important anymore. Thats sad. No wonder he really isnt in hurry to settle down. Maybe he will be like his dad and wait until he is much older.

I think Harry always known this and it could be why he is so relaxed about things he doesn't have the same worries as William does. But he will still be part of the Royal Firm he will one day be the son of the King so he will always have some sort of role. William and Catherine don't seem to be in too much of a hurry having kids and I would think they will protect them and keep them out of the public eye as much as they can. So Harry is very much needed but he still needs to marry right because his wife will be part of the firm too and as we all know duty comes first.

I think that she comes across as trashy. Shoot me, shoot me, Chelsy fans. !!

I'm not a fan but I do find this 'accusation' odd as she has done nothing to warrant it. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that she is South African. It would be the same if she were Australian - or American. She's just not British - not guarded, not stiff - she's just a natural, a person who is being who they are. She's not double or triple thinking herself. Most importantly - she does not play up to the camera.

Since Chelsy has never given an interview we are only going on what we read in the papers like Mail Online, etc.

Its interesting that the only picture the tabloids can come up with is a snap taken outside a bar - at 3 a.m. no less. Where are pictures of her walking to work in her spiffy lawyerly togs? Wouldn't have to stay up all night to get those pictures. Where are they? Might it be that such pictures would not jive with the 'trashy' image the tabloids are peddling? Show Chelsey as the serious career woman she is and the whole house-of-cards falls apart.

This may have been raised before but I would fear that Chelsy could become Harry's "Camilla". By that, I mean that she is the one that he will always really love and I would fear that any girl that he may marry would suffer as a consequence.

We all have previous loves - sometimes even marriages entered too young. We can hope that Harry marries a more worldly wise woman who has more confidence in herself than Harry's mother had in herself. Having had previous amours - that one remains loving towards - is not a deal breaker.

We know that William didn't want to get married too early and, in my opinion, he took way to long to make up his mind and turned his girlfriend into "Waity Katy".

I have to agree. I was looking at a retrospective of Kate's fashion over the last 8 years or so - and I have to say it becomes a rather sad exercise when you see William's full head of hair and Kate's freshness and youth early on - and watch it slowly become what it is. He waited too long. What a sweet young mother she would have made - can't shake the sense that something was lost in the long drawn out hesitation.

True Chimene, but what is indeed hard is breaking a very well established pattern of rowing, breaking up, passionate reconciliations...and then starting the whole thing again from the top.

Hmmmm.....sounds yummy....:p

Last edited:
I'm not a fan but I do find this 'accusation' odd as she has done nothing to warrant it. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that she is South African. It would be the same if she were Australian - or American. She's just not British - not guarded, not stiff - she's just a natural, a person who is being who they are. She's not double or triple thinking herself. Most importantly - she does not play up to the camera.

Rightly or wrongly my impression of her being "trashy" has been formed by the tabloid pictures of her falling out of nightclubs. When I see that I tend to link her with those Z-List celebs who appear in "The Only Way is Essex" or programmes of that nature.

I have to agree. I was looking at a retrospective of Kate's fashion over the last 8 years or so - and I have to say it becomes a rather sad exercise when you see William's full head of hair and Kate's freshness and youth early on - and watch it slowly become what it is. He waited too long. What a sweet young mother she would have made - can't shake the sense that something was lost in the long drawn out hesitation.

You make them sound as if they are ready for the nursing home!! They are only 30 years old, and they married at a pretty normal age for people of their generation. At a younger age they broke up. It seems they took the time they needed to make sure their relationship was solid and that Kate knew what she was getting into by marrying into the BRF. Seems very sensible and mature to me.

You never know. William is said to have been unsure if he could be true to Catherine for the rest of his life and if that was an important point for him, he surely is a good man. As for being a young mother: the fact that Diana was such a young mother did her no good, IMHO. Before she could really work on her relationship with Charles and make that work, she was pregnant twice and with her troubled soul, this might have been too much for both of them. William and Catherine were able to enjoy a long time as a couple (who knows when they actually decided to get married? Or how they saw their long relationship themselves? Maybe both were content at that time to have a partner but quite some freedom for themselves?). Once they have kids, they will be a "family" for the rest of their lives (or at least the next quarter of a century) and thirty something is a good age to start that. I was 30 when my son was born and now I'm fifty and he his grown-up. That's quite nice! William and Catherine will probably start to work "in earnest" in about 20-30 years when The Queen and Charles are no longer. So they have enough time now to raise their children without being bothered by the "red boxes". Look at Victoria of Sweden who waited as long as William to tie the knot and is now the mother of her heiress and a happy wife and mother at that!

Rightly or wrongly my impression of her being "trashy" has been formed by the tabloid pictures of her falling out of nightclubs. When I see that I tend to link her with those Z-List celebs who appear in "The Only Way is Essex" or programmes of that nature.
With respect, what pictures of Chelsy falling out of nightclubs?
I cannot recall any; in fact, she appeared to always be composed, even if she were partying till late at night (as most people of her age would).

I feel it will be a quite a ways off before Harry marries; probably not until W&K have a couple of children. By that time (as I think Kate will put it off as long as possible), the succession will be secure and Harry can marry a rugged woman and live in Africa. That woman might be Chelsey and it might not.

Last edited:

Okay, her fashion style is something she must work on anyway, as soon as she finished her education and starts building a serious career for herself. It remains to be seen if she does that at all, but if she does, she will have a "serious" image, that should not be a problem.

Okay, her name really is not regal but she might change that, too. Just like Harry will change in the upcoming years and become more serious as an officer, a gentleman and a prince of the realm. There will be a day when (probably) his father will grant him a peerage, no matter if he then already has a wife or not. Maybe he meets and falls for one of those German princesses or Italian countesses or Spanish grandee's daughters who come to London? Or find a nice French girl like la belle Marie of Denmark? Or an Aussie girl like CP Mary of Denmark? When the time is right, Harry will either marry Chelsy or somebody else he can love. Till then he is just the spare and the heir is already married and willing to start his family. So why bother about Harry?

Harry is quite important at this juncture. If there should be no Cambridge children or something untoward happens to William, he is next. He is VERY important.

With respect, what pictures of Chelsy falling out of nightclubs?
I cannot recall any; in fact, she appeared to always be composed, even if she were partying till late at night (as most people of her age would).

I don't have the media articles to hand. However, if you google "Chelsy Davy drunk" there are some images, not necessarily falling out of a nightclub" but ...

I appreciate that what I would view as drunken behaviour others may interpret as having a good time.

https://www.google.ie/search?tbm=is...0.7.7.0.251.1735.0j8j2.10.0...0.0.gUcsAaD3RnY

Harry is quite important at this juncture. If there should be no Cambridge children or something untoward happens to William, he is next. He is VERY important.

And so is his choice of bride, if and when that time comes.

Okay, her fashion style is something she must work on anyway, as soon as she finished her education and starts building a serious career for herself. It remains to be seen if she does that at all, but if she does, she will have a "serious" image, that should not be a problem.

I totally agree that her fashion style and image needs some work.

Okay, her name really is not regal but she might change that, too.

Ironically, given that I have described her as trashy, I would hope that she doesn't feel the need to change her name to a more refined version of Chelsy. It's not that I especially like the name but it is the one her parents gave her and which she has been known by.

Kate "upgrading" herself to "Catherine" really irked me. She was known to everyone as "Kate" for almost 29 years. !!! Now, it's not good enough. Bah. !! :bang:

I much prefer Catherine myself. And was it not Buckingham Palace or Clarance House that addressed the use of her given name?

Last edited:
I totally agree that her fashion style and image needs some work.

Ironically, given that I have described her as trashy, I would hope that she doesn't feel the need to change her name to a more refined version of Chelsy. It's not that I especially like the name but it is the one her parents gave her and which she has been known by.

Kate "upgrading" herself to "Catherine" really irked me. She was known to everyone as "Kate" for almost 29 years. !!! Now, it's not good enough. Bah. !! :bang:

Kate upgrading herself to Catherine? That her birth name, people have nickname but them using their birth name doesn't mean their upgrading themselves. According to the press people started calling her Kate in college.

Apparently "known" by everyone except her own family. In her parents home she was Catherine which is in fact her name.

Kate upgrading herself to Catherine? That her birth name, people have nickname but them using their birth name doesn't mean their upgrading themselves. According to the press people started calling her Kate in college.

Upgrading may not be the right word. However, if she had married Joe Bloggs would she have started using the "Catherine" version of her name. ? Somehow, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Even if William speaks of her in public as "Kate" - the DoE has been known to call his wife sometimes "Tigerlily" in public but she still is Elizabeth for the rest of us not related or friends with her, isn't she?

Upgrading may not be the right word. However, if she had married Joe Bloggs would she have started using the "Catherine" version of her name. ? Somehow, I doubt it.

It's not a version of her name since that is her name. And plenty of regular Jane do the same thing

Even if William speaks of her in public as "Kate" - the DoE has been known to call his wife sometimes "Tigerlily" in public but she still is Elizabeth for the rest of us not related or friends with her, isn't she?

She is and Will, Billy, Wombat is still William to the rest of us.

I'm amazed that they didn't fall in line with William who called her "Kate".

He also call her Catherine at times too. Why in the world would a family ever fall in line with what the boyfriend/husbands call their daughter/sister?

It's not a version of her name since that is her name. And plenty of regular Jane do the same thing

Yes, they do including 2 friends of mine. A guy called Richie, after getting a big promotion, wished to be known as Richard. A girl called Bridie wished to be known as Bridget after she, too, got a big promotion.

Having known them both for 20 years they were and are still Richie and Bridie to me and 99% of their colleagues. !!

Anyway, I have strayed us off topic. :eek:

He also call her Catherine at times too. Why in the world would a family ever fall in line with what the boyfriend/husbands call their daughter/sister?

Ah, but this wasn't any old boyfriend. ! This was the future King. :cool:

Ah, but this wasn't any old boyfriend. ! This was the future King. :cool:

To be honest, I'm willing to bet that after initially meeting William, the aspect of being a future king was just something in the background and as they (Will and Kate) grew closer, he became more like another member of the family.

I would think too that this is what Harry will hope to find with the one woman he decides to settle down with. I don't see Harry going for a celebrity type glitzy type but someone who is down to earth, loves him for who he is. To be honest, I'd not be surprised if who he marries is a bit like Camilla.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if/when he does make the big announcement.

To be honest, I'm willing to bet that after initially meeting William, the aspect of being a future king was just something in the background and as they (Will and Kate) grew closer, he became more like another member of the family.

Becoming another member of the family, yes, that is very true.

But the reality of who he was and what becoming a part of his family would mean for their daughter and themselves has to have been in their minds.

I would think too that this is what Harry will hope to find with the one woman he decides to settle down with. I don't see Harry going for a celebrity type glitzy type but someone who is down to earth, loves him for who he is. To be honest, I'd not be surprised if who he marries is a bit like Camilla.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if/when he does make the big announcement.

I agree with you. We know that Harry is very fond of Kate and is really happy for William that he is part of this very close family. I can well imagine that he would love something similar for himself.

He made a comment in an interview recently about hoping to find a girl who was willing to take on the job. That kind of saddened me. Chelsy wasn't willing and, God knows, I don't blame her. It isn't for everyone.

Maybe, like Guillaume of Luxembourg and Friedrich of Prussia, he will seek out someone from the aristocrasy, someone who is familiar with the lifestyle and isn't fazed by the restrictions that it can bring. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom