A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right; Melissa Percy has reunited with Thomas Van Straubenzee.
Anyway, she is BFF with Chelsy Davy.
Otherwise she'd be perfect!

I thought Lady Melissa Percy was dating a friend of Harry and Williams...what his name Tom?
She is. Lady Melissa has been with Tom van Straubenzee - a close friend of William and Harry's - for several years now.

So some creepy paparazzi stalked him in a club or someone thought to make some money snapping these pix. Very difficult to start a relationship when you have little or no privacy. The press agreed not to "pursue" Prince William whilst at university so at least he and Catherine had a chance to get to know each other without being hounded by the press.

It will never happen, but I wish when he was off duty, he could be left alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the three parts of the Prince Harry interview with CBS This Morning. And here's the link to it on the CBS site;
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57395232/prince-harry-im-definitely-not-a-diplomat/

ETA: OH, I give up. I was going for embedding the video - don't you just use the HTML link at the top of the page to do that? Anyway, here's the link to the videos.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpfbdl_prince-harry-morning-interview-part-2-3-2012_people

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpfvup_prince-harry-morning-interview-part-3-3-2012_people

Last edited:
I had quite a laugh when I read the speculations about Charlotte Casiraghi. I believe Hm would not be amused to see Harry with a bride from that extremely Catholic and extremely scandalous family.

I had quite a laugh when I read the speculations about Charlotte Casiraghi. I believe Hm would not be amused to see Harry with a bride from that extremely Catholic and extremely scandalous family.

I don't know what her religion is but Chelsy's family is pretty scandalous themselves. They were even trying to ban her father from ever being allowed to enter the EU. And I love Kate, but don't forget her Uncle Gary. Charlotte's family is tame by comparison. Though I think she already has a boyfriend so it's a mute point.

You cannot compare the Casiraghis or in fact the entire Monaco royal family with either Chelsy's family nor Catherine's.

Kataryn said:

History repeats itself even in rumors. I believe in the 70s the same speculation occurred for Charles and Caroline and were squashed for the religious reasons. No idea if any truth.

Attachments

• charles caroline.jpg
    charles caroline.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
You cannot compare the Casiraghis or in fact the entire Monaco royal family with either Chelsy's family nor Catherine's.

Why not? The original post was about royal girlfriends and scandals. Both Chelsy and Kate's family have their share of scandals as all families do. The DM is even banging on about how Kate's cousin ( who she's never even met, though they only put that in in small print at the end of the article) is a burlesque dancer. I don't see how Charlotte's family is any different. As people are always pointing out, she isn't a princess, either.

As people are always pointing out, she isn't a princess, either.

But she still has a chance to become one one day. Okay, not very plausible not that her uncle married and surely hopes for his own heir but at the moment Charlotte's mother is still the heir and if it stays that way, Charlotte will one day be a princess of Monaco.

But she still has a chance to become one one day. Okay, not very plausible not that her uncle married and surely hopes for his own heir but at the moment Charlotte's mother is still the heir and if it stays that way, Charlotte will one day be a princess of Monaco.

:previous:
Would she be? I was under the impression that if Caroline became the reigning Princess of Monaco, only Andrea would get a title due to his status as her heir. Charlotte and Pierre would remain the same I think...

History repeats itself even in rumors. I believe in the 70s the same speculation occurred for Charles and Caroline and were squashed for the religious reasons. No idea if any truth.

I totally agree with you. And I also remember that a few time ago, tabloids talked about William and Charlotte. The story about Charles and Caroline was related at this moment, too. Now that William is married, they dream of Charlotte and the last prince of England who is not married.
But seriously, what is the probability for this relationship? They don't evolve in the same world, and more now than ever as Charlotte doesn't live in London anymore.
As Grimaldis' past is concerned, I really think that could be a problem. And don't forget that Charlotte has lived with Alex Dellal during four years. Then she has left him for an actor. Isn't it a bit too sulfurous for the Queen? Before become duchess Catherine of Cambridge, Kate Middleton stayed at home, waiting very patiently for her prince to ask her the question. I guess that it's this kind of woman that the palace is expecting for Harry.

I think Melissa, if she broke up with Tom which she has done in the past, would be far more likely. She is protestant, she moves in the same circles as Harry, and they are known to socialize. She is the daughter of the Duke of Northumberland and the lord lieutenant. But like her sister and brother, she actually has a work history. She used to play tennis professionally, and is now a coach and teacher. But as well as Tom, the fact she is friends with Chelsy, may be a slight stumbling point. I heard she is also friends with Jecca.

I hope that before Harry marries the Act of Settlement will be abolished; is completely out of date. In 21st century Europe there is no place for religious discrimination.

I think Melissa, if she broke up with Tom which she has done in the past, would be far more likely. She is protestant, she moves in the same circles as Harry, and they are known to socialize. She is the daughter of the Duke of Northumberland and the lord lieutenant. But like her sister and brother, she actually has a work history. She used to play tennis professionally, and is now a coach and teacher. But as well as Tom, the fact she is friends with Chelsy, may be a slight stumbling point. I heard she is also friends with Jecca.
Lady Melissa is indeed friends with Jecca Craig. As for Chelsy, they have been pretty inseparable lately.
I doubt there is any truth in rumours linking Lady Melissa and Prince Harry; while she would be a great candidate, she has been with her current boyfriend for several years now, save for a period of less than a month when they decided to slow things down.

I think Harry will follow the trend of many Prince's in Europe, and marry a non-royal. William, W-A, Fredrik, Hakkon, come to mind, and it seems to have worked for them.

I hope that before Harry marries the Act of Settlement will be abolished; is completely out of date. In 21st century Europe there is no place for religious discrimination.
The Act of Settlement itself is highly unlikely to be abolished; it is too interwoven with British identity and law.
It is my understanding that the proposed (but not yet adopted) changes in law mean that members of the Royal Family can marry Catholics without losing their place in the line of succession. From that point, nothing prevents Harry from marrying Charlotte Casiraghi or any other Catholic.
However, the Monarch still must belong to the Church of England; seeing as the Sovereign is also the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, it makes perfect sense to me.

I think Harry will follow the trend of many Prince's in Europe, and marry a non-royal. William, W-A, Fredrik, Hakkon, come to mind, and it seems to have worked for them.
Nearly all current European Heirs Apparent to the Throne married commoners. The only exceptions are:
- Prince Philippe, Duke of Brabant (his wife, Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz, belonged to Belgian nobility)
- Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein (his wife, Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, belongs to nobility and is the Jacobite pretender to the English Throne)
- Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg (he is unmarried)

Last edited:
^ I read that Guillaume of Luxembourg has been in a relationship for many years with a young woman belonging to the Belgian nobility.

I really think that Harry will marry a woman he will love, as her brother did, whatsoever she's a commoner or a Lady. But I'm also convinced that the BRF will decide wether or not this girl will enter the family.

Before become duchess Catherine of Cambridge, Kate Middleton stayed at home, waiting very patiently for her prince to ask her the question. I guess that it's this kind of woman that the palace is expecting for Harry.

Kate lived with William for years before they got married. They didn't really date anyone else because they started dating young. Chelsy didn't exactly lead a chaste life either, though she's no longer in the picture. I don't think it would matter too much - but Charlotte has a boyfriend so she isn't in the picture. I think he'd marry someone from England anyway.

On paper...............if you were sitting down planning this as a project and saying........now who would be perfect for him............who would fit into his lifestyle, never put a foot wrong, be fun and a perfect match for him..........then I have to say the one name that screams out is Pippa. Her family are already vetted and trained in, so no surprises there !!!

Of course I say on paper.............the small matter of whether or not they would be remotely attracted to each other or right for each other emotionally stands in the way.

If they were..........it would be in my opinion the perfect union. They are without doubt the more fun and relaxed of the siblings pairs, the older pair being just perfect for each other and their future serious role in life.

Think of the powerful and popular foursome they would make as the Royals go forward to a new generation and new future. Kate and Pippa would be perfect companions for each other should their hubbies be away, and their families would all grow up together.

I think Harry will have learned from his brother's experience and could well be saying to himself...........I want what William has..........the perfect life companion and partner.

I think he was great with Chelsea, she seemed like a lovely girl, and had he not been who he is in life, this pairing may well have made it to marriage. I perfectly understand that in the end Chelsea was never going to allow herself to be trapped into a lifetime of such close scrutiny and formality. I imagine at times its no joke being part of "the firm".

So we are back to Plan A. Everything about Pippa is perfect for him. She may well have other ideas and might well have a life plan sorted out for herself in a totally different direction, but I for one think it would be wonderful if one day these two realised they would be marvellous together !!!!

If I was Pippa, I would be staying with George Percy not Harry. With George you get the title, stately home & money without the royal spotlight and duties.

All of Harry's girls seem to be all blondes anyways.

Harry did not get the 4 years of privacy to meet new people that Wills did while at St Andrews. Fortunately, there isn't any pressure for Harry to get married and he can take his time.

If I was Pippa, I would be staying with George Percy not Harry. With George you get the title, stately home & money without the royal spotlight and duties.

I Agree. ;)

Second that.
I would have to be madly in love with a senior royal to ever consider a marriage. Who in their right mind would want to be hounded by paparazzi and complete strangers for the rest of their lives? Maybe that's why Harry is still lonely, despite being not bad looking or boring at all. ;)

Last edited:
Second that.
I would have to be madly in love with a senior royal to ever consider a marriage. Who in their right mind would want to be hounded by paparazzi and complete strangers for the rest of their lives? Maybe that's why Harry is still lonely, despite being not bad looking or boring at all. ;)

Yes, that is a very good point and on that point with regards to Pippa, she already IS hounded by paparazzi, every move she makes is reported and will continue to be reported on without halt purely because Kate is married to Will.
It was that element that apparently ended her relationship with the last boyfriend because HE did not like the media attention. Outside of George Percy being a person of title, what more do we know of him and his family.... well very little. But that would change if Pippa ended up formally attached to him. Would THEY welcome that. Maybe not !!

Any girl who has aspirations to snare Harry has a lot to consider and its not just about how it will affect her own life, and that would be a massive change. A huge thing to consider is the moment Harry becomes firmly attached to some woman and it looks like it could go the distance, every single thing about her background, her family and any skeletons in any of their cupboards will all be fair game for the media and tabloids. I would imagine there are families out there who are holding their breath that their filly will stay a million miles away from Harry as the prospect of being investigated and dissected in the media would fill them with horror. Just when they thought that unfortunate incident of Uncle James embezzling millions had been neatly kept quiet, what happens..........the honorable Fiona goes and gets her mits into Prince Harry.....next thing you know, Uncle James's picture is all over the papers with the entire saga in glorious detail making headlines!!!! This is the sort of thing you are up against if you set your cap at Harry.

Any its not just something you or any of your family have done in the past that is the worry. For whoever marries Harry, it really does mean that your entire family, extended down to even 10th cousins twice removed have to be on their guard never to become embroiled in any activity, affair or scandal in their future as it will be an instant media headline !! That's a hell of a pressure to put your entire family under just because Harry sets your heart racing !!!

So if not Pippa, whose family are already veterans of this lifestyle and seem not to have put a foot wrong,( and I still think she is perfect for him) then he will have to find a girl who not only melts his heart, but whose family would be relaxed and happy to have such immense scrutiny and attention on them for the foreseeable future. Its going to be very interesting to see how this story unfolds in the future for Harry. He is such a lovely young man, he has charisma by the bucketload, charm and warmth, so much of his mother is part of him. I hope he chooses wisely !

The scandals the Grimaldi's have had really do not live up to all the stuff that has happened within the BRF the past few decades... Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right you are. Prince Charles' divorce is enough to eclipse any scandals in Monaco.

I agree as well, add Andrew and Fergie to the scandals of BRF.They are in no position to think they're better behaved than anyone. I do the Charlotte's Catholic background is reason enough to rule her out as a possible match for Harry.

Anyway, rumors say that Melissa and Tom are on the verge of getting engaged. :flowers:

Interesting article on Harry's closest friends:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...arry-BBB-crew-Britains-privileged-clique.html

Last edited:
The scandals the Grimaldi's have had really do not live up to all the sh.t that has happened within the BRF the past few decades... Just saying.

Really? Stephanie with her ex, Albert with two children outside of marriage, Caroline being the suppose other woman. Albert and Charlene rumors. Both sisters getting divorce. How does that not live up to the divorce of the BRF other than BRF has more camera/eyes on them?

Obviously you can Google or research this whole forum in order to know how I meant it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom