A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Diana wanted his boys to marry "normal" girls.Hopefully that will work out for Harry.

I hope he finds a woman able to see past his royal title and love him for just who he is. He seems to such a kind, warm hearted man.

I suspect that is just what Chelsey did - loved him for who he is - but the title got in the way. It always will because unless the BRF really changes in a certain fundamental way, it is asking a lot of a young woman to give up a career to simply be a fashion plate and attend charity functions. Plus there's the tabloids and all the scrutiny - one might love the man but what comes with it must be a hard pill to swallow.

I still say that there could be a quiet under-the-radar relationship between the two of them that could go on for years - like with some of the Scandinavian royals. What the tabloids catch or do not catch at the entrances to night spots is not the defining element on what is really going on, after all.

I suspect that is just what Chelsey did - loved him for who he is - but the title got in the way. It always will because unless the BRF really changes in a certain fundamental way, it is asking a lot of a young woman to give up a career to simply be a fashion plate and attend charity functions. Plus there's the tabloids and all the scrutiny - one might love the man but what comes with it must be a hard pill to swallow.

I still say that there could be a quiet under-the-radar relationship between the two of them that could go on for years - like with some of the Scandinavian royals. What the tabloids catch or do not catch at the entrances to night spots is not the defining element on what is really going on, after all.

In early interviews ( really early - like a few months after they started dating ) her family gave a string of interviews where they said that they were going to get married. I think they liked the idea of "princess Chelsy" until they were faced with the reality. I think she stayed in England and tried to make it work, but just couldn't. I also sort of think the negative press about what she was wearing at the royal wedding kind of ended it for good - I wonder if she didn't read the nasty comments made about the way she looked and if she was appropriate or not and decided she didn't want to be stuck in that sort of life. At any rate, I think she's smart enough and she was dating a famous athlete of some sort when she first started dating Harry - I think she'll marry well and end up somewhere she'll be happier. They were pretty young when they started dating anyway.

It's hard to say who he'll end up with - he seems to really like the military life so I wonder if he'll just end up with a military wife.

There's really no rush; Harry is still very young and has no need to marry just yet.
It's better for him to focus on his career right now.
Marriage is something he can deal with later.

I ususally read Daily Mail articles with a grain of salt but I am actually agreeing with a part of the story, i.e when the article states the Royal Wedding , which Chelsy went to as Harry's date, was a "wake-up call" for her.

I think its one thing to date a Royal and you are aware of the responsibilities, duties, and restrictions (as well as the luxury) but to attend a Royal Wedding...is a totally different ball of wax. The number of people, the scale of the wedding, inviting tons of people you don't know but have to because of obligations, etc.

It certainly should and put things in prospective for Chelsy. Harry is a man who is a Prince and the two will always go together. No matter how much they care for each other.

Last edited:
I think if Chelsy is smart enough to work out the life isn't for her they won't be getting back together anytime soon. Nothing is going change Harry will always be a Prince. I thought she looked pretty happy with the new guy she has been dating. Time for them both to move on.

Doesn't surprise me - but then, its really hard to say what is really going on from random articles and speculation. If these two really loved - as it seems they have done - it will not have 'poof' gone away. It must be a very hard 'negotiation' going on (if it is). Playing the field while you're still in love elsewhere - not easy. If he loves - if she doesn't want to be a Princess - what can be the outcome except assignations and the inevitable sad ending? Replaying his father's scenario? Its likely more on Chelsey to come to terms with it all - if she can - then it would happen.

I agree with both Meadow and Zonk.

Chelsy found the baggage that came with dealing a prince difficult to deal with and if they are getting back together it's going to be a lot worse as she now lives in London and will be exposed to the paps on a daily basis. I don't really see these two spending that much time together in the next year or so because if everything goes according to plan, Harry will be training intensively before being deployed back to the frontline. Also, Chelsy as a trainee lawyer, will be extremely busy for the next two years.

Will and Kate's wedding may have opened her eyes to the differences between dating a royal and marrying a royal. And if she still decide to give this relationship another chance and it all goes sour, she'd have no one but herself to blame.

People have been saying they're both young and there's no need to settle down but they're both in their mid 20s now and if neither of them can't really see themselves past the dating phase, they would be better off with people who wouldn't be wasting either of their time.

However, I do think it's still sweet that Chelsy invited him over for send-off meal (If that is actually true).

Chelsy found the baggage that came with dealing a prince difficult to deal with and if they are getting back together it's going to be a lot worse as she now lives in London and will be exposed to the paps on a daily basis.

What better way to avoid all 'the pap' than to be 'officially' just friends. Its possible that that is the only way she can live a normal life as a solicitor trainee - as a 'former girlfriend'. Maybe this is a tactic? :D

I'm being provocative. ;) I'm sure she wants to be left alone.

Yes, that is certainly a nice gesture if Chelsy invited him over for a meal (if that's true) before he left for training. It shows that if nothing else, they are still friends. And you can never have too many of them (well, you can if they are not true friends but you get the point).

Ah, now that he is in the US, I have a charming and lovely niece.....

I'd like to quote what I posted on another occasion when Harry and Chelsy got back together: "Noooooooooooooooooo!":bang:

I personally don't have an opinion either way because I know relatively nothing about this relationship, but why the long "no" Mermaid?

I think it is a personal opinion Royal Newbie. I would like to see them get together.
Quite the contrary to Kate Middleton, when they were all dating, I always liked Chelsy.
Harry needs someone strong and she is no limpet to cling to his arm, she will always have a strong character and perhaps that is what he needs in a partner. He is a charmer and will need a strong hand to guide him.

Just my personal opinion, Royal Newbie. Harry and Chelsea have had a really dramatic relationship. They've broken up and got back together a few times, and I don't think that's a sign of a healthy relationship. I can see one or possibly two break-ups before a successful marriage, but Harry and Chelsea have been going together and breaking up for years. She goes back to South Africa, she comes back. She plans to do lawyer training, then she takes time off again to travel. It's rumoured that she doesn't want to be a princess, then she's back with Harry. I think that Harry needs a steadier person, but this is only my opinion.

I personally don't have an opinion either way because I know relatively nothing about this relationship, but why the long "no" Mermaid?

Just my personal opinion, Royal Newbie. Harry and Chelsea have had a really dramatic relationship. They've broken up and got back together a few times, and I don't think that's a sign of a healthy relationship. I can see one or possibly two break-ups before a successful marriage, but Harry and Chelsea have been going together and breaking up for years. She goes back to South Africa, she comes back. She plans to do lawyer training, then she takes time off again to travel. It's rumoured that she doesn't want to be a princess, then she's back with Harry. I think that Harry needs a steadier person, but this is only my opinion.

I'm in complete agreement. Harry needs a person who is steady, and done with the 'I need to find myself' period. There's no room for any flightiness in the life of a senior member of the British Royal Family. I think flightiness and recklessness was well covered by Sarah, the Duchess of York. I'd venture that there's no place for that in the House of Windsor.

I'm in complete agreement. Harry needs a person who is steady, and done with the 'I need to find myself' period. There's no room for any flightiness in the life of a senior member of the British Royal Family. I think flightiness and recklessness was well covered by Sarah, the Duchess of York. I'd venture that there's no place for that in the House of Windsor.

Maybe its far from flightiness - maybe she well knows what she is willing to give-up and give-in on. Maybe she is keen on having a professional life and live 'normally' and she sees that its just not going to happen as the wife of a British Prince. Yet, she has loved him - and he has loved her - not an easy one to walk away from - especially if the man is keen and passionate and not giving up. We won't know because they have gone under the radar. The going away dinner was sniffed out by the press. I suspect they won't let that happen again. They might wind up marrying in their 30's.

One issue that could be thorny is whether Chelsy becomes a lawyer in the UK. Since Britain is a constitutional monarchy, all legal authority is vested in the monarch. Criminal trials are "Her Majesty the Queen vs. __________" Laws that are made in Parliament aren't active until the monarch signs them. I think that a legal career could cause accusations of conflict of interest on Chelsy's part if she marries Prince Harry. So she has to, in effect, give up either Harry or her career. Either that or she and Harry go to live in a non-Commonwealth country, which I can't see happening.

They could very well decide that they are soul mates and want to marry after Chelsy has an opportunity to further her career and than see how they feel. But either way, Harry being a Prince isn't going to change unless there is a referendum any time soon.

The secondary issue (besides the fact that they both might not be ready for marriage) is that Chelsy is not keen on becoming a member of the Royal Family. I can't see Harry giving it up so she will either have to deal with it (and frankly the BRF doesn't need anyone who is just dealing with it from the get go) and marry him or walk away.

I think that if Harry and Chelsy do marry, say in five-to-ten years, there'll be more need of another princess doing full-time royal work then there is now. This is especially true if Beatrice and Eugenie don't take on roles within The Firm. Does Chelsy really want to be part of the royal road show with all that means in terms of public appearances, necessary diplomacy, and lack of privacy? If anything happened to William, God forbid, Chelsy could be Queen! I think that dating a Prince could be very exciting, and I have no doubt that Chelsy and Harry have a strong attachment. But unless they plan to live together and never get married--which wouldn't be the best option IMO--Chelsy has to deal with being a working member of the BRF as well as being Harry's wife. At Harry's senior position, which will be VERY senior when The Queen passes on, Chelsy won't be able to pick and choose between royal perks and royal obligations. She won't even be able to go home to South Africa without permission and she will be a servant of the state.

The secondary issue (besides the fact that they both might not be ready for marriage) is that Chelsy is not keen on becoming a member of the Royal Family. I can't see Harry giving it up so she will either have to deal with it (and frankly the BRF doesn't need anyone who is just dealing with it from the get go) and marry him or walk away.

Last edited:
I think that if Harry and Chelsy do marry, say in five-to-ten years, there'll be more need of another princess doing full-time royal work then there is now. This is especially true if Beatrice and Eugenie don't take on roles within The Firm. Does Chelsy really want to be part of the royal road show with all that means in terms of public appearances, necessary diplomacy, and lack of privacy? If anything happened to William, God forbid, Chelsy could be Queen! I think that dating a Prince could be very exciting, and I have no doubt that Chelsy and Harry have a strong attachment. But unless they plan to live together and never get married--which wouldn't be the best option IMO--Chelsy has to deal with being a working member of the BRF as well as being Harry's wife. At Harry's senior position, which will be VERY senior when The Queen passes on, Chelsy won't be able to pick and choose between royal perks and royal obligations. She won't even be able to go home to South Africa without permission and she will be a servant of the state.

Exactly....which is why I don't think that they will marry at all. As I stated in a previous post...dating a royal is not the same as marrying a royal. Being a part of the royal wedding as a guest, had to be an eye opener for Chelsy. She's been to Harry's graduation, Autumn and Peter's wedding and most definitely has been around Charles. But while I don't think if and when Harry marries it will be the same as William (in terms of number of guests, location, importance to British public, etc.) there is no way he is getting a Peter wedding. She had to have been aware of how different it was.

I have read that Prince Harry wants to go on with his military career,helicopter flying etc. and he seemed to enjoy working abroad to serve the army but Chelsy seems to be more interested to have a career,travel to beautiful places and going out with friends.
They both seem like really nice people and they look as if they cared for each other but if you have so different interests it will be quite difficult to have a good relationship for a long time IMO.It is also a problem if she wants to be a lawyer and part of the RF as Mermaid pointed out,I guess that is quite an issue too...Chelsy always appeared to be a smart,modern,independent woman and I don´t believe she will be happy if she is caged in and has to ask other people for permission to do whatever she wants to do.

If they don't ever get married,won't that look bad since royals are supposed to be "traditional"?

If they don't ever get married,won't that look bad since royals are supposed to be "traditional"?

What gets me is why when they are seen together its supposed that they're "back together" again. I think its very possible that these two have a deep respect and admiration for each other to consider what makes the other person the happiest. They very well could be perfectly content to be "best friends".

As much as it could be considered 'stirring the pot", I do think that perhaps Harry could be following in his dad's footsteps and realizing just how important an intimate friend can be. Even if in the years ahead Harry does fall in love and marry someone else, I would hope that his friendship with Chelsy is something that will last him a lifetime.

Friends are our greatest asset in life.

Quite. Plus, I suspect that Harry would want any children of his to be able to inherit titles. As grand-children of King Charles in the male line, they'd be entitled to an HRH--unless they were born outside of marriage.

I've been thinking, perhaps Harry won't marry at all. There's no need to really.

The only problem I see there is that if Harry doesn't marry, and the York princesses don't do many royal engagements, there'll be only William and Catherine and perhaps an aging Duke of York and Earl and Countess of Wessex available to help with the work load in, say, in 15 to 20 years time.

Harry has said he wants a family and he always looks comfortable around kids. I think he will marry but he won't be in a huge rush too. I don't see Harry having children outside of marriage he has too much respect for his family. Now William is settled and once Harry get's back from this intense training maybe then he will look for someone more serious who wants to be part of the RF and understands that it does involve duty it won't just be pretty dresses and parties. That is going to be the tricky bit. Way better for him to play around now so he can have a happy marriage and won't feel he missed on so much cause he married too young or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom