A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Harry is going to marry Chelsy. I doubt he's going to be with someone else after all this time.

lets not forget that harry has had some women while dating chelsy... but i dont know alot of people are saying chelsy does not want that life style

Some women? Like who?

if chelsy dont want to marry... which alot of people are saying it wont happen

jemagre said:
I think she is too old for him. As for the whole Chelsy thing...The nice thing about that situation is most people have an idea about how they feel about her, however I am hoping for a surprise engagement from someone we have not see out and about for years.

I was more shocked at some of the comments on the Daily Mail site about Harry and his work ethic. The man takes a few days off an suddeny he is a slouch. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I agree, while there is no denying the universal beauty that is Ms. Theron, she is a bit older than what I would have in mind for the prince, if I had a choice at all.

Princess Madeline is a fav of mine and if only the Spencer sisters weren't his first cousins! My stars, have you seen their mother? They sure do have some good genes.

The people who comment on royal stories in the Daily Mail seem to be bitter people for the most part...unless there's a good news story like a wedding. Harry gets time off from his training as I imagine others in his unit do. Anything to make Harry look bad, I guess.;)

I was more shocked at some of the comments on the Daily Mail site about Harry and his work ethic. The man takes a few days off an suddeny he is a slouch. :rolleyes:

I did read in a magazine this week that Chelsy does not want to mary into Royal family - she feels that with royal duties and being married to a Prince ain't her style !

If that is true, I commend her for knowing this ahead of time and not getting caugnt up in the romance of it all, then getting in way over he head. At least she is staying true to herself.

It would be sad if Harry is unable to marry the woman he loves because the RF are still living in the 19th C rather than the 21st.

Expecting a woman to give up her career to live an endless round of supporting a husband is simply unacceptable in this day and age.

Iluvbertie said:
It would be sad if Harry is unable to marry the woman he loves because the RF are still living in the 19th C rather than the 21st.

Expecting a woman to give up her career to live an endless round of supporting a husband is simply unacceptable in this day and age.

I agree. Especially since any other royalty outside of the heir and heir's heir don't really matter anymore. It's not like Chelsy would be doing anything of ill repute although being a barrister might be just that for some. lol

I didn't like Chelsy, but she's grown on me. Her dress sense could definately do with some help, but she's a good match for Henry. People who say they would be like Andrew and Sarah, forget that Andrew and Sarah hadn't been together for very long before getting married, and are quite different. Another thing Chelsy has in her favour is her education. There are complications (Chelsy's preference of South Africa, her industry of interest) but if Buckingham Palace and Clarence House are fine with the possibility of Chelsy and Harry marrying (that article from a few pages back could only have been written within the last few months, it mentioned Chelsy being 25) then none of us can object. I know that BP and CH approved of the poor matches that were Diana and Fergie, but they've learnt.

Chelsey and Harry strike me as a good match. Harry just isn't the type to stay with one woman for almost seven years if she isn't right for him. He's just too free spritied :cool: I know that they haven't been together for all that time, but William and Catherine weren't together for their whole eight year courtship either, and it's been taken as a sign of how strong their relationship is.

Last edited:
Harry seems to take a very active role in his charities and I think Chelsy would be ideally qualified to help him - with a law degree and her contacts in Southern Africa I would not be surprised to see her take on a managerial/executive role within his charities if they marry.

I like Harry - he has really come a long way since his Mum's death - he was so young :(

But does Chelsy truly have a career?
I keep reading that she has a law degree, but as far as I know she has never practiced.
Would she really be sacrificing anything if she married Harry?

Mirabel said:
But does Chelsy truly have a career?
I keep reading that she has a law degree, but as far as I know she has never practiced.
Would she really be sacrificirng anything if she married Harry?

I imagine she has not committed to anything because she herself is on the fence, which is also respectable because it would show that she thinks things through and is not rash in maki g a decision.

She is currently about to start working for a large law firm in London - in September.

Its exactly what happens to the wife of nearly any politician all over the world. Cherie Blair and Hillary Rodham Clinton have shown that it is absolutely possible to stay a lawyer even on being the wife of the PM or the First Lady.

Just imagine Harry becomes Duke of Kendal on marrying Chelsy. Then HRH The Duchess of Kendal can very well work as a lawyer under the name of "Dr. Kendal" (I read she is about to pass her Iur.D. anytime soon), probably not as a policial lawyer but as a lawyer for charities or other social organisations, organising the transaction of property... things like that. Who's to say that Harry doesn't stay in the Armed Forces for his whole life on changing in a job at the MoD after his active service? Then we have a Royal couple doing Royal duties (William and Catherine) and one that works full-time and only does the occassional Royal duty and charity appearances (Harry and Chelsy).

Kataryn said:
Its exactly what happens to the wife of nearly any politician all over the world. Cherie Blair and Hillary Rodham Clinton have shown that it is absolutely possible to stay a lawyer even on being the wife of the PM or the First Lady.

Just imagine Harry becomes Duke of Kendal on marrying Chelsy. Then HRH The Duchess of Kendal can very well work as a lawyer under the name of "Dr. Kendal" (I read she is about to pass her Iur.D. anytime soon), probably not as a policial lawyer but as a lawyer for charities or other social organisations, organising the transaction of property... things like that. Who's to say that Harry doesn't stay in the Armed Forces for his whole life on changing in a job at the MoD after his active service? Then we have a Royal couple doing Royal duties (William and Catherine) and one that works full-time and only does the occassional Royal duty and charity appearances (Harry and Chelsy).

British universities don't offer the Juris Doctor. I think the equivalent is the LLB, which, according to Wikipedia (source of all knowledge) Chelsy has already completed. LLB holders are not addressed as doctors. There could be problems for the Royal family if the firm she works for involved in anything controversial, though.

Very true. I'm all in favour of Chelsy representing charities, or dealing with the distribution of property.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kataryn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Staying" a lawyer is very much different than practicing law. As long as you keep up your continuing legal education and pay Bar dues, you are a lawyer.

I don't know English rules, but Hillary Clinton, or anyone else for that matter, is prohibited from practicing law while holding public office.

My first thought on Chelsy marrying Harry and remaining in legal practices is that it sure would put the paparazzi into a twist knowing that should they overstep their bounds with Harry or Chelsy and even maybe William and Kate, there's gonna be some right up front legal action taken. Can you see Chelsy's privacy being abused and her taking names? :)

But Hilary was not prohibited from practicing law while she was merely married to an office-holder, that's the point. Is there some kind of rule or law in England that a royal cannot be a lawyer?

BTW, lawyers are rarely/never called Dr. here in the U.S., either, even though they technically have a doctorate. They usually put esquire after their names (Esq.,) if they want to be more...pretentious (and in some firms it's just the custom).

Hilary did continue to do some lawyerly things while Bill was Governor of Arkansas, the role of First Lady calls for complete commitment to it (although remember, she still worked on legal matters as first lady - she tried to draft a healthcare bill).

I'm not sure why Chelsy's job choices would be so limited. She couldn't defend or prosecute anyone simply because she's a royal? If that's the case, how things have changed!

That "technical" doctorate is known as a J.D. (Juris Doctor). As for her working while Bill was Governor, she did not. A layperson can "draft" a healthcare bill. Mrs. Clinton was unable to pass the District of Columbia Bar exam in 2005. I don't know if she has done so yet. Since she is now a Federal employee, being licensed in any U.S. state is good enough.

She did sit on several law-related committees (unpaid) while her husband was president, but she could not practice law.

I'm not an English law scholar, but I would imagine that Chelsy would be unable to practice law as a member of the Royal family.

Last edited:
Not that it matters, but Mrs. Clinton was a partner in the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock, and practiced law for the majority of time that her husband was governor. I believe that she took- and failed- the DC bar exam in the early 70's, not in 2005. At that time she was a US Senator from New York.

Although she was a partner in the firm during that time, she really did paralegal work. She was not a litigator and basically operated as the firm's client magnet. Yes, I was wrong about 2005 -- but she did fail the exam. She was admitted through reciprocity to the New York and Mass. Bars. Not that it matters.

If Harry wants to wed Chelsy, I say go for it!

Last edited:
British universities don't offer the Juris Doctor. I think the equivalent is the LLB, which, according to Wikipedia (source of all knowledge) Chelsy has already completed. LLB holders are not addressed as doctors. There could be problems for the Royal family if the firm she works for involved in anything controversial, though.

LLB is a Bachelor's Degree in Law - which Chelsy has done.

She could do further research and study and get an LLD - which is a Doctorate in Law in which case she could be called Dr.

Chelsey and Harry strike me as a good match. Harry just isn't the type to stay with one woman for almost seven years if she isn't right for him. He's just too free spritied :cool: I know that they haven't been together for all that time, but William and Catherine weren't together for their whole eight year courtship either, and it's been taken as a sign of how strong their relationship is.

I always think there must be something real between Harry and Chelsy, too, just because of how long they've been together; but can anyone really see Chelsy marrying into the royal family? I think what the papers say is true - she doesn't want to.

I always think there must be something real between Harry and Chelsy, too, just because of how long they've been together; but can anyone really see Chelsy marrying into the royal family? I think what the papers say is true - she doesn't want to.

I too believe that is true about Chelsy. It would be nice to see if Harry's future wife could have a job and still be a royal.

Maybe his wife could own her own business and make her own hours. I think it would be hard to work for someone else and try to do your job and still do your royal appointments especially travel out of the country.

Maybe his wife could own her own business and make her own hours. I think it would be hard to work for someone else and try to do your job and still do your royal appointments especially travel out of the country.

If Harry were to continue his military career, I don't think he'd have a full diary of royal appointments which would leave his wife with plenty of time to pursue her own career. I was thinking that if it was Chelsy and she wanted to pursue her legal career while married, perhaps she could even join the team of legal eagles that work for the Firm or even for some of the charities that Harry is patron of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom