A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is dazzled by Chelsy, but I don't believe she is right for him.

I was thinking that it should be the other way around.. In my opinion he could do much better. I like her free spirit and hard work ethic but that is about it ... she is smart, wild but not so beautiful that he could not find someone better for himself..

Lady Ann said:
I was thinking that it should be the other way around.. In my opinion he could do much better. I like her free spirit and hard work ethic but that is about it ... she is smart, wild but not so beautiful that he could not find someone better for himself..

You don't know anything about who she is though- if she's funny, kind, if they both love the same book or tv show or any of the things that make her Chelsy- a woman who obviously means something to Prince Harry. I actually think it's a little insulting to women to say he could do better because you don't think she's pretty enough. She's a person- there's more to her than that and it's all more important than her looks.

You don't know anything about who she is though- if she's funny, kind, if they both love the same book or tv show or any of the things that make her Chelsy- a woman who obviously means something to Prince Harry. I actually think it's a little insulting to women to say he could do better because you don't think she's pretty enough. She's a person- there's more to her than that and it's all more important than her looks.

Your right in that sense,I don't know anything about her however, I gave her credit for the things I have read about her smart, free spirited, hard worker and has the same wild side we seem to see in him, but this was just my opinion on her looks.. may you keep your own!

I really don't think I have insulted all women by stating my opinion..beauty is in the eye of the beholder maybe in Harry's eyes she is the most beautiful girl in the world..but in my opinion she is not..and he could do better. BTW this is an opinion forum.......

Last edited:
I don't care for Chelsy's looks, personally. She usually strikes me as looking a bit--dare I say it?--tarty. In person, she might be gracious and lovely. Perhaps she doesn't photograph well.

..beauty is in the eye of the beholder maybe in Harry's eyes she is the most beautiful girl in the world..but in my opinion she is not..and he could do better. BTW this is an opinion forum.......

Maybe ...she always strikes me as looking tired or over partied with bags under her eyes..anyway if he loves her and wants to marry her more power to him..although, her family ties are another problem for some..

Chelsy has not worked as an attorney yet. All she has done is attend uni. She had the choice to do pro bono during her deferment, but she choose to travel & party instead. Calling her hardworking is beyond a stretch. She's educated, that's all that can be said.

She took a gap year? Heaven forbid no one does that. Oh wait William did. Oh wait Harry did. It is quite common in Britain. And to get through law school takes a hell of a lot of hard work. If you think being a law student is not hard work, I'd love to know what you do. A lot of people take a break when done school before they go into their careers. When she does become an attorney, and from what I understand she is now working for a law firm back home, she will definitely be working her ass off with long hours. She unlike Kate is not the one who went to work for her parents. A lot of people have their parents pay their way through school, mine paid mine. I doubt few people would turn down the oppurtunity. If she continues to live off her parents and never work, complain. But I doubt she went through her undergraduate and law school just to live off her parents.

Lady Ann said:
Maybe ...she always strikes me as looking tired or over partied with bags under her eyes..anyway if he loves her and wants to marry her more power to him..although, her family ties are another problem for some..

My point was that saying a guy could do better because his girlfriend isn't classically beautiful is saying that what matters in the relationship is how beautiful she is. Would any of us be comfortable hearing that if we gain ten pounds, our partners could do better? No- because our minds and our personalities and how we mesh with our partners matters a lot more than whether or not we have bags under our eyes! I just hope for this generation of royals that they marry the person who they have the most in common with and who can be a true partner- no matter what they look like. William seems to have found a woman who's his partner and her looks at the least of it.

When she does become an attorney, and from what I understand she is now working for a law firm back home, she will definitely be working her ass off with long hours.

I believe she's still in London, so I don't think she's working for any law firm right now. I read an article that said she still has a job offer at Allen & Overy and will either start in September, or she will extend her deferment for another year.

I like Chelsy, but I just don't see her marrying Harry. I think royal life would be too restrictive for her. Plus, their relationship just seems very off and on.

I believe she's still in London, so I don't think she's working for any law firm right now. I read an article that said she still has a job offer at Allen & Overy and will either start in September, or she will extend her deferment for another year.

I like Chelsy, but I just don't see her marrying Harry. I think royal life would be too restrictive for her. Plus, their relationship just seems very off and on.

She was meant to take one, but from what I have read, in November she returned to South Africa to work for a law firm there instead. She did spend time with Allen & Overy but that was back in 2009 when she was still doing her work study programs.

But I agree I do not see her as a bride. I think she would be bored silly. Even if she has not been quick to get a job as an attorney, she obviously has the intention of being one. No one goes through years of economics then law school for nothing. I think being a princess would not be challenging enough, and she would find the restrictions on her role just too much. I'd see her unfortunately becoming the next Fergie, not because she is a party girl when she was in school, but because she needs more of a challenge. Their off again on again has nothing to do with it, Kate and William were the same before they got engaged.

I think Harry just needs time to find the right woman. I don't see her being some 'regular girl' from outside their social circle as people suggest. Harry 1. has to meet them so they have to be some how related to his social circle or work (and I doubt it will be a female soldier) 2. they need to be able to survive in the life of a royal princess/duchess. Harry may only be a second son, but we can look at Andrew, and know that doesn't mean he is about to fall off the royal radar. He will be Harry, Duke of something, second son of King Charles III/George VII, and then brother of William V.

I thought she was just on deferment from A&O (along with a bunch of other new hires)? I've not heard anything about her working at a law firm in SA, just that she's spent the past 6 months or so traveling. I wonder if she'll stay in SA?

I don't think Kate and William have been nearly as off and on as Harry and Chelsy.

I do agree that Harry will probably end up marrying someone in his social circle. What about a past girlfriend? Who are the girls he dated before Chelsy?

Last edited:
I thought she was just on deferment from A&O (along with a bunch of other new hires)? I've not heard anything about her working at a law firm in SA, just that she's spent the past 6 months or so traveling. I wonder if she'll stay in SA?

I don't think Kate and William have been nearly as off and on as Harry and Chelsy.

I do agree that Harry will probably end up marrying someone in his social circle. What about a past girlfriend? Who are the girls he dated before Chelsy?

I can't seem to find anything, he was not very public about relationships unlike his brother. He was rumored to have gone out with a couple of tv presenters but they all denied it, one won a law suit for the rumors.

I think if he dates within his own social circles, it would likely be less public. If he was seen out with the same people, attending the same events, it would be easier to conceal from the public eye.

Lady Ann said:

Chelsy looks a lot like Miss Piggy to me.
And I agree, he can do a whole lot better.

Chelsy looks a lot like Miss Piggy to me.
And I agree, he can do a whole lot better.
Totally agree with you!You've expressed exactly my opinion.
Sometimes it seems that Chelsy doesn't care at all about her appeareance.

Mirabel said:
That's exactly what I said, a few pages back!!! :ROFLMAO:

It's actually kind of a bummer that a forum I assume is mostly female is this ugly about other women. I honestly don't care who Harry marries beyond hoping it's the perfect person for him. But I mean- do we all seriously judge other women on their looks this harshly?

:previous: I would agree.

In fact, while Ms. Piggy is a well known character (of sorts) I believe its time we move on, and stop referring or suggesting that Chelsy looks like/is Miss Piggy. Its coming across as rather insulting.

:previous: I would agree.

In fact, while Ms. Piggy is a well known character (of sorts) I believe its time we move on, and stop referring or suggesting that Chelsy looks like/is Miss Piggy. Its coming across as rather insulting.
I totally agree!!!

I don't care for Chelsy's looks, personally. She usually strikes me as looking a bit--dare I say it?--tarty. In person, she might be gracious and lovely. Perhaps she doesn't photograph well.

Honey, to say she "doesn"t photograph well" is a bit of an understatement. :winkiss: :ROFLMAO: Clearly intelligent though. I just don't see them as a married couple. Surely there's someone out there that could tempt his wild side and still be an asset to the royal family.

The statement that Chelsy is not worthy of Harry because she's ugly is not only superficial and shallow, but quite embarrassing, as several members have been wasting their breath arguing, quite evidently. Princess Anne is not beautiful so does that mean she's not an asset? By the way, the royal family is not always an asset to the royal family. I would laugh but it's not very funny.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if Harry marries later in life like Edward.

I don't find Chelsy to be appropriate for Harry, he needs someone who will calm him down, I might be wrong, but Chelsy doesn't seem like she will. I think it would be nice for him to marry a women like Kate; Loyal, Strong, hardworking, charismatic and beautiful (not that Chelsy isn't beautiful BTW). I'm hoping that he and Princess Theodora fall in love at Will's wedding, but that's probably just wishful thinking...

Who is Theodora?

This relationship between Prince Henry and Ms Davies has two ways to go. Either they break up for good or one of the compromises on where they live and what they do for a living. I think Ms Davies is back in the picture to see what is going to happen. I find Chelsey a very sexy woman. I don't think she dresses badly.

:previous: I don't think she dresses badly for any old girl on the street.

She doesn't dress up to code (IMO) for someone who is dating or even seriously considering marrying into the British Royal Family.

Look at the recent women who have married into the BRF in the last forty years (Diana, Sophie, Sarah, Camilla, Autumn and now Kate). I realize that the dress sense has changed (and both Diana, Sophie and Sarah in their early days had some not so nice outfits but it was the 80's/90's). Autumn isn't close to the throne due to lack of title, and the number where Peter falls in BUT she dressed apprpriately when out in public and when meeting the Queen. Chelsy dresses like a WAG. Even her appearance at Peter's wedding looked WAGish to me. I am not saying she shouldn't be herself but she needs to temper herself down a bit.

Now that isn't to say that she isn't a nice girl, or smart. Cause we haven't heard that wasn't either of those things.

I think Harry and Chelsy need to sit or get off the pot. If it isn't going to go any further than this ( neither of them want marriage that is totally different), they can date or whatever. But the facts remain the same...Chelsy has indicated that she doesn't want to live in the UK, Harry hasn't indicated that he is willing to give up being 2nd in line to the throne. Either one of them needs to give up their dreams (or life) or move on.

:previous: I don't think she dresses badly for any old girl on the street.

She doesn't dress up to code (IMO) for someone who is dating or even seriously considering marrying into the British Royal Family.

Look at the recent women who have married into the BRF in the last forty years (Diana, Sophie, Sarah, Camilla, Autumn and now Kate). I realize that the dress sense has changed (and both Diana, Sophie and Sarah in their early days had some not so nice outfits but it was the 80's/90's). Autumn isn't close to the throne due to lack of title, and the number where Peter falls in BUT she dressed apprpriately when out in public and when meeting the Queen. Chelsy dresses like a WAG. Even her appearance at Peter's wedding looked WAGish to me. I am not saying she shouldn't be herself but she needs to temper herself down a bit.

Now that isn't to say that she isn't a nice girl, or smart. Cause we haven't heard that wasn't either of those things.

I think Harry and Chelsy need to sit or get off the pot. If it isn't going to go any further than this ( neither of them want marriage that is totally different), they can date or whatever. But the facts remain the same...Chelsy has indicated that she doesn't want to live in the UK, Harry hasn't indicated that he is willing to give up being 2nd in line to the throne. Either one of them needs to give up their dreams (or life) or move on.

Chelsy does dress like any other woman on the street for good or bad. She can clean up nicely as evidenced by her showing up at the law firm during her college studies. Since this isn't a fashion thread though....I will say that she does have a law degree and a job offer from a law firm. I will say that it is a pity that neither Harry's sometime girlfriend or William's fiancee have had a constant job(s). (Not trying to start an argument just making an observation) That is one of my beefs with her.

As for Harry's future wife I too think he may marry late. This could be a very good thing because by the time he does marry he will have known whats out there and that he doesn't want it. I do think that he will one day be a great husband one day.

All the inbreeding certainly did them no favor, let''s just keep it friendly that way. :whistling:

There are a couple of nice ladies in the list but based on Chelsy and other women that Harry is supposed (based on rumours) to have hooked up with...he likes the WAG look...not the aristocratic look.

Susannah Warren is an interesting suggestion. I know her father breeds race horses and her Uncle is an Earl, but her mother once dated Prince Andrew. It seems kind of odd, not like it Will or Harry had hooked up with Laura Parker-Bowles if their father had not wed Camilla, but still. But I guess Camilla's great grandmother was a royal mistress.

Lady Natasha Howard, the daughter of the Earl of Suffolk is quite pretty. She is the educated pretty well bred blonde, right up his alley. She might not dress like a wag, but she is young, been known to party with him. She works for a fashion magazine. She rides and hunts.

A few of them look a bit off, maybe just a bad photo. And the Victoria girl, who has grown up skiing with them, looks more like 17.

I don't think Chelsy wants to be a 'princess' but I do think she is the love of Harry's life. I can see them living together and having a family but not marrying - that way Chelsy can have her career and life while Harry does the 'royal' stuff.

At some point in the future the royal family has to realise that to demand that a person gives up their lives to marry into the royal family has to stop. It was fine when the expectations on a wife was to have babies and look good - but that is so pre-woman's liberation. Now woman have careers and aspirations besides looking pretty and supporting their husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom