A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find Chelsy to be appropriate for Harry, he needs someone who will calm him down, I might be wrong, but Chelsy doesn't seem like she will. I think it would be nice for him to marry a women like Kate; Loyal, Strong, hardworking, charismatic and beautiful (not that Chelsy isn't beautiful BTW). I'm hoping that he and Princess Theodora fall in love at Will's wedding, but that's probably just wishful thinking...

Quite honestly, I do not see what you find so exciting with Madeleine. She is hardly pretty, Mette-Marit has a much prettier face. She seems perfectly immature (her precipitaded fiancialles, her flight forward after her break, her absence at a swedish conference she had to honor by her presence and she canceled at the last minute forcing her sister - in about ten days before her marriage - to fly for a single day of duty to the United States because Madeleine was too miserable to do it herself when she was just in the U.S. to represent the Swedish royal family). How unprofessional! Madeleine could not have been Princess of England. The royal family and the whole country would have not tolerate her behaviour, after all she has enough time and "courage" to sunbathe on a beach. Madeleine is just a spoiled little girl, obsessed by fashion, by her appareance, not very willing to work and represent her country. She is not at all overqualified to be princess of the united kingdom. I think just the opposite. She could not cope. She would know how to dress, wear a tiara, smiling, and make a good impression and would be expert in walkabout, but that's about all.
She knows the rules, make bows, dress, she is an expert in everything that it is possible for a newcomer to learn fast enough. Look Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit. They have much to learn to Madeleine. Let Madeleine where she is! Harry and the United Kingdom deserve better than her. Belonging to a royal family is a lot of privileges, but in return is a lot of duties. And it seems Madeleine has forgot that part of the deal.

Yes because William and Harry or so well behaved. Or senior royals. I mean Charles sure didn't create any scandals with his affairs at all? Or Harry with his parties, or wearing Nazi symbols? Madeline serves as a patron and spokeswoman for Sweden's version of the Make a wish foundation. She was in the US not to 'party' or 'sunbathe' as you put it, but interned with UNICEF, and also worked with child protective services. She is taking graduate classes at the University of Stockholm, and undertakes royal functions for her father. Like Harry, she is further removed from the throne, there is slightly less pressure on her then her sister or even her brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find Chelsy to be appropriate for Harry, he needs someone who will calm him down, I might be wrong, but Chelsy doesn't seem like she will. I think it would be nice for him to marry a women like Kate; Loyal, Strong, hardworking, charismatic and beautiful (not that Chelsy isn't beautiful BTW). I'm hoping that he and Princess Theodora fall in love at Will's wedding, but that's probably just wishful thinking...

Hard working? at what? her parent's business? Chelsy being a lawyer is not educated and hard working enough for you?

I have an old Vanity Fair from 2003 (I think it's 2003 - the one with William on the cover in a tux anyway!!) and they had a great picture of W.A. and Maxima and she looked so stunning!! She does have a lovely figure. Such potential - shame about the styling!

Yes, someone like Maxima might be what Harry needs, or maybe Chelsy will mature into someone like Maxima. Chelsy is just so young - it's hard to remember she must be bright if she's studying law when the majority of the pictures I see is of her on a pub crawl!!!. One can only hope that she matures and if she and Harry tie the knot one day that she will be a credit to the family.

Why is she immature because we see her on pub crawls? I am pretty sure we saw pictures of Harry at parties too. The paparazi snaps photos when they see her, which unfortunately is when she is out with friends. If they were harassing her at work or such, they could be considered stalkers. Its not like she has official public appearances like Harry. And lawyers don't come with pretty uniforms like the army to make her look all official.

Chelsy always just reminds me of a footballer's wag with the blonde hair & the vaguely orange-tinted tan & the style of clothes she wears. That's the only reason I find it hard to imagine her actually seriously settling down with Harry & becoming a full time Royal, just a total superficial thing on my part. I'm sure she's a lovely girl, obviously got brains etc to do a law degree & I think her & Harry obviously have a fun relationship & make each other happy for the most part but I just can't see her actually marrying him & them being a Royal couple doing royal duties etc. Maybe if William & Kate have kids & Harry can sort of drop out of royal life I could see it but if Harry is still a senior royal & has expectations & duties to perform then I can't see him being married to Chelsy at that time. She to me just doesn't seem to suit that kind of life.

That said I think the Royal Family are modernised enough to realise that happiness with any future wife/husband is of great importance, they want to avoid the past troubles with divorce etc so I think all the younger royals will have a bit more freedom to choose their partners & if Harry really truly wanted to marry Chelsy I don't think he'd be banned or something by the royal family. If this were a generation ago then yes I could see BP basically saying someone was appropriate or not & "allowing" certain people to be married etc but I think they're passed that now.

Hard working? at what? her parent's business? Chelsy being a lawyer is not educated and hard working enough for you?

Sorry, you can keep living in a fantasy world, but it's very hard to be hardworking when you get drunk every single day of the week! I'm sorry but how that girl got through law school beats me! Sorry but even if you don't believe Catherine works, we've seen her working for charities before her engagement, I have yet to see Chelsy doing anything utile for society! At least Catherine keeps up a better image then Chelsy!

Interesting look for her.
Yes, very princess like, much better than Mad or Kate.

And speaking of Madeline, I'm sorry maybe you were never engaged and cheated on, but I know that happened to someone in my family and it's the worse thing that can happen to you! Madeline was depressed at the time you talk of her being lazy, and you obviously have no understanding what depression is! People who are depressed feel no reason for living, or leaving the house or doing small basic things that people who aren't depressed can do. So before you judge her, think about where she comes from and her situation, just because she's royal doesn't mean her life is a fairytale!

Last edited:
I don't find Chelsy to be appropriate for Harry, he needs someone who will calm him down, I might be wrong, but Chelsy doesn't seem like she will. I think it would be nice for him to marry a women like Kate; Loyal, Strong, hardworking, charismatic and beautiful (not that Chelsy isn't beautiful BTW).

Do you find Chelsy beautiful?
I honestly don't; I don't say this to be offensive, but her features remind me of Miss Piggy!

I think it would be a disaster if Harry were to marry her, but he probably will.

I don't find her as attractive as Catherine, but I don't find her unattractive either, love is blind as they say... :)

I think if he does chose to marry her one day, we will have to support him no matter what, even if we don't agree just for the pure fact that he loves her...

Sorry, you can keep living in a fantasy world, but it's very hard to be hardworking when you get drunk every single day of the week! I'm sorry but how that girl got through law school beats me! Sorry but even if you don't believe Catherine works, we've seen her working for charities before her engagement, I have yet to see Chelsy doing anything utile for society! At least Catherine keeps up a better image then Chelsy!

Interesting look for her.
Yes, very princess like, much better than Mad or Kate.

And speaking of Madeline, I'm sorry maybe you were never engaged and cheated on, but I know that happened to someone in my family and it's the worse thing that can happen to you! Madeline was depressed at the time you talk of her being lazy, and you obviously have no understanding what depression is! People who are depressed feel no reason for living, or leaving the house or doing small basic things that people who aren't depressed can do. So before you judge her, think about where she comes from and her situation, just because she's royal doesn't mean her life is a fairytale!

Drunk every single day of the week? Just because every photo of her taken is from a bar, doesn't mean she gets drunk, or that it is every day of the week. A lot of people go out a few times a week. And when she was in the UK, she was still in law school. Who has ever heard of a college student having fun and going to parties? I mean that kind of thing only happens in movies right?

There is a difference between Chelsy and Kate. Kate is planning to marry William so she has been working on her image. She has been doing charity work in the run up to being princess. She 'works' for her parents so she can give her free time to that. When you work a long 9-5 with probably over time at a stressful job like an attorney, you don't always have that time. It's why members of the royal family who are active in royal engagements don't actually have jobs. Edward and Sophie gave up their PR work to start taking on more royal duties.

I am not saying I think Harry should marry her. I think she is intelligent and succesful, and honestly I think she'd be bored being a princess. I don't think there is enough challenge for her. I could see her being a royal wife who'd cause scandal, but just because the life of being a royal wouldn't be enough for her.

I doubt CD is qualified in either the UK or SA to be a practicing lawyer at this point.
She hasn't worked and depends on her parents for everything. She seems perfectly satisfied to travel and party. The royals do a lot of both but not partying to the extent she seems to prefer.

I don't know of any princess who is interested in Harry. Is there one?

I think Harry is too modern and slightly removed from royal life to want participate in a slightly old-fashioned practice of marrying a fellow royal. I am thinking of his "rebel" tendencies.

I think it would be best for Harry to marry a girl from their (William and Harry's) own circle of friends.

Someone he knows well, whose tastes and interests mesh with his, and who will fit into the royal lifestyle. Otherwise he will go the way of his Uncle Andrew, and no one wants that!

I think it would be best for Harry to marry a girl from their (William and Harry's) own circle of friends.

Someone he knows well, whose tastes and interests mesh with his, and who will fit into the royal lifestyle. Otherwise he will go the way of his Uncle Andrew, and no one wants that!

I see that as a likely option. I just feel that in terms of the "royal" route they don't hang-out with other royals so that option seems out of character. My personal favorite would be someone who is not connected to that circle. I feel it would help expand his horizons in a good way. Too many of the people that surround them have not lived in the "real" world. I will also put out there that Harry seems to like women who are independent. Don't forget though that Fergie was part of the circle. She had known Andrew since they were kids.

Based on what I read I don't feel that Chelsy is a good choice because Harry and her are very on-off. He needs stability, someone he can have some fun with but not too much and someone who is devoted to him. I hope that as Harry gets older he realizes that there are other ways to have fun besides falling out of clubs drunk. He has calmed down but you still get the stories. Perhaps his future wife can be a guide in this way.

When you work a long 9-5 with probably over time at a stressful job like an attorney, you don't always have that time.

Chelsy has not worked as an attorney yet. All she has done is attend uni. She had the choice to do pro bono during her deferment, but she choose to travel & party instead. Calling her hardworking is beyond a stretch. She's educated, that's all that can be said.

Chelsy always just reminds me of a footballer's wag with the blonde hair & the vaguely orange-tinted tan & the style of clothes she wears. That's the only reason I find it hard to imagine her actually seriously settling down with Harry & becoming a full time Royal, just a total superficial thing on my part.

I don't know if she's quite fake enough to qualify as a WAG. ;) But seriously, more than a princess, I can't imagine her working in a big time London law firm. Nearly all of my London friends are lawyers and that's who I hang out with when I'm in town. There's no doubt she's going to have to tone it down A LOT. It is completely superficial, but she can't continue the WAG look. When she finally starts working, I think it will be interesting to see if/how her look changes. Of course, we won't be seeing her out and about. The idea that she can keep big law firm hours and maintain any sort of social life....good luck girl. Unless her firm is a massive anomaly, she won't be out of the office before 10pm every night and she will be working weekends.

Last edited:
I doubt CD is qualified in either the UK or SA to be a practicing lawyer at this point.
She hasn't worked and depends on her parents for everything. She seems perfectly satisfied to travel and party. The royals do a lot of both but not partying to the extent she seems to prefer.

I don't know of any princess who is interested in Harry. Is there one?

I think she is a qualified lawyer, from wikipedia:
Chelsy Davy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"by September 2007, Davy had moved to England to take up an accelerated LLB law course at the University of Leeds.[3] In December 2008, she worked as an intern for Farrer & Company, a London law firm. As of July 2009, Davy has completed her accelerated LLB course at Leeds University."

It would be interesting to know whether she planned or qualified as a lawyer, barrister or solicitor & whether she plans/planned on practicing her career in the UK or elsewhere in the world as then depending on exactly what & where she was focusing her attention would determine what qualifications she actually needed. Then again, not really any of our business I suppose! :lol:

Chelsy has not worked as an attorney yet. All she has done is attend uni. She had the choice to do pro bono during her deferment, but she choose to travel & party instead. Calling her hardworking is beyond a stretch. She's educated, that's all that can be said.

Chelsy hasn't been admitted to any S.A. bar association, which concurs with your statement.

How ironic would it be if one of PW's ex's became Harry's wife? Like Jecca?

Oh no!:bang: I will give Chelsy one thing...at least Harry dated someone that he wanted too even if the media and public thoughts were against him. By that I mean the media for the most part are not keen on marrying him off to Chelsy unlike what happened with William.

Wouldn't you think that a young woman, obviously giving some long and deep thought and consideration to her future is entitled to take 'time out' for reflection? And if you're young and very rich, why wouldn't you travel and party?

To my mind, she's making all the right moves and taking her time, which is admirable. She has a job opening at the Queen's solicitors if she chooses to further her professional career, but she apparently just doesn't like the idea of living in England, very much. Those of us from the more weather-friendly, easy-going and less restrictive southern hemisphere understand that, perfectly.

I think her sensible and intelligent (she has two degrees - Economics and Law) and believe me, one doesn't pass law without working hard. I think that Harry will be extremely fortunate if she marries him, and I certainly hope that she does.

:eek: That's mean. I understand the Jecca thing even less than the Chelsy thing.

I honestly can't see Harry marrying anyone in the "royal circle." He strikes me as someone who needs more of a challenge.

Wouldn't you think that a young woman, obviously giving some long and deep thought and consideration to her future is entitled to take 'time out' for reflection? And if you're young and very rich, why wouldn't you travel and party?

To my mind, she's making all the right moves and taking her time, which is admirable. She has a job opening at the Queen's solicitors if she chooses to further her professional career, but she apparently just doesn't like the idea of living in England, very much. Those of us from the more weather-friendly, easy-going and less restrictive southern hemisphere understand that, perfectly.

I think her sensible and intelligent (she has two degrees - Economics and Law) and believe me, one doesn't pass law without working hard. I think that Harry will be extremely fortunate if she marries him, and I certainly hope that she does.

I agree. I think Harry and Chelsy have a deep love, but I also think that much of what he loves about her are all the reasons why it would be so very difficult for her to be his wife. She's incredibly independent and she loves her homeland. I can't imagine her being happy being a royal wife, and so it seems like a really tragic situation for them both. I think they're wise to be taking the breaks they have, but I don't envy them the decisions in their future.

I really don't care who Harry marries as long as he marries someone he wants, after the tragic death of his mummy, I just want to see him happy. He will always be second best in the royal circles so I would like to see him be number one in someones life. I hope he, like William, has the strength to pick whomever he loves, because I would like to see both "boys" marry for a long life and break the "curse" of their fathers generation.

I really don't care who Harry marries as long as he marries someone he wants, after the tragic death of his mummy, I just want to see him happy. He will always be second best in the royal circles so I would like to see him be number one in someones life. I hope he, like William, has the strength to pick whomever he loves, because I would like to see both "boys" marry for a long life and break the "curse" of their fathers generation.

Very well put. Chelsy does have some positives like Polly pointed out. If he does decide to marry her they just need to show some stability in their relationship.

Very well put. Chelsy does have some positives like Polly pointed out. If he does decide to marry her they just need to show some stability in their relationship.

I honestly don't think Chelsy is long-term.

If they are having so many problems now, what will happen later, when they are absorbed into the BRF?
And I have no doubt that Harry, at least, will be absorbed.

I think he is dazzled by Chelsy, but I don't believe she is right for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom