A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
please don't tell me anyone wants her as Harry's wife. She is emaciated, probably wouldn't allow her to model in some countries where they have bans on too small models. He needs to marry someone with substance, not some skeletal underwar model, no matter who her brother is dating.

Last edited by a moderator:
please don't tell me anyone wants her as Harry's wife. She is emaciated, probably wouldn't allow her to model in some countries where they have bans on too small models. He needs to marry someone with substance, not some skeletal underwar model, no matter who her brother is dating.

Nobody said we wanted her to marry Harry. Someone asked if this girl was related to Alexander Dellal and we answered their question.
IluvBertie posted that link because it shows some of the eligible girls in the UK who are suitable.
Her brother has nothing to do with "getting her a husband", he's just a photgrapher who happens to be dating a Princess.

Alice doesn't look emaciated to me, she looks very beautiful. If Harry fell in love with her, her job shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I do not think that Harry can marry Roman Catholics just so.

I do not think that Harry can marry Roman Catholics just so.

He can marry them, if he gives up his place in line of succesion or the wife converts to anglicanism.

Nobody said we wanted her to marry Harry. Someone asked if this girl was related to Alexander Dellal and we answered their question.
IluvBertie posted that link because it shows some of the eligible girls in the UK who are suitable.
Her brother has nothing to do with "getting her a husband", he's just a photgrapher who happens to be dating a Princess.

Alice doesn't look emaciated to me, she looks very beautiful. If Harry fell in love with her, her job shouldn't have anything to do with it.

in that photo from the article, she looks like a skeleton. And I'm sorry but the chances Harry would get permission to marry an underwear model, are slim. It is one thing when Kate did it for charity, back in school once, and people still post her photo from it all over the place. I can't see the British people accepting that.

in that photo from the article, she looks like a skeleton. And I'm sorry but the chances Harry would get permission to marry an underwear model, are slim. It is one thing when Kate did it for charity, back in school once, and people still post her photo from it all over the place. I can't see the British people accepting that.

Where did anyone suggest she was going to marry Harry?
I can see the British people accepting it, and if Harry is made happy by this girl the Queen will allow the marriage to take place. If HM didn't want Alice as a granddaughter0-in-law Harry could give up his place in line for the throne.

But I ask again, where did anyone say she was going to marry Harry?

Prince Harry is cute and has a heart for people ,just like his mother Princess Diana.Even without his title and background,he is an interesting man.He is certainly going to make someone very lucky but let him do it in his own time and it is better that media or anyone else from the family don't try to push him into marriage until he's ready ,that's when trouble starts when others from family are involving.

Agree Lenora! I think he will have now several years with dates, but if he marries, than it´s someone he really loves. Maybe Chelsy? Maybe someone from nobility?
He is my favourite Royal from the BRF and I wish him luck for finding his soulmate :)

Prince Harry is cute and has a heart for people ,just like his mother Princess Diana.Even without his title and background,he is an interesting man.He is certainly going to make someone very lucky but let him do it in his own time and it is better that media or anyone else from the family don't try to push him into marriage until he's ready ,that's when trouble starts when others from family are involving.

Well put. It is interesting to speculate. I just think that who ever Harry chooses won't fit the bill of the people we are used to seeing. At least not entirely. Chelsy may be rich and familiar with his circle but she still seems like a renegade in some aspects. Harry just seems too much of a renegade to want the typical women.

As for the women listed....I am sure he has met most if not all of those women. So it does not appear there have been any love matches so far..who knows in the future.

On the catholic front I think that if a person were all that serious about their religion they would not want to give it up just to marry a royal. Some people care very passionately about how they worship their god. Then again the rule could be changed about Catholics marrying into the family if he were to pick someone with a Catholic background or they could have done away with the rule by the time he gets married. I don't think it is likely but there is a chance.

I am a staunch catholic, but if my husband was protestant, I would consider converting. It is one thing to ask me to convert to Islam or Judaism, which are completely different religions. Yes I like having my rosary, and having all the traditions of the catholic church, and the beauty of their churches. But I have also gone to Lutheran/United/Anglican/Alliance services before. The Anglican church was likely the easiest to adapt to, the similarities between it and the Catholic church are numerous.

I am a staunch catholic, but if my husband was protestant, I would consider converting. It is one thing to ask me to convert to Islam or Judaism, which are completely different religions. Yes I like having my rosary, and having all the traditions of the catholic church, and the beauty of their churches. But I have also gone to Lutheran/United/Anglican/Alliance services before. The Anglican church was likely the easiest to adapt to, the similarities between it and the Catholic church are numerous.

I think you make a good point about some willing to adapt their religious beliefs. Some on the other hand are more rigid in how they see the world. It all depends on what people are willing to alter and what they are not.

Darn it! I was hoping he'd at least ask Madeline out! Now it seems she's off the market. *sigh*

Amongst & between Christians there is very little problem. I mean, married Anglican priests are allowed to become Roman Catholic priests and remain married! Switching religions intra-Christian would generally be OK. However, I think Harry would be allowed to marry a Catholic provided it was understood that the children would be brought up in the Church of England ...

An it would matter less when William and Kate have children.

An it would matter less when William and Kate have children.

I think who Harry marries will always matter by virtue of being who he is. The public will probably not accept him marrying just anyone. The criticism leveled at Chelsy Davy certainly proves that.

I think we can rule out him marrying a noble woman. By the way: In case he would, that might look strange because his future sister-in-law (and future Queen) isn´t noble. And we can IMO also rule out a Lady from a not-English-speaking country. I still believe he´ll marry Chelsy.

I think we can rule out him marrying a noble woman. By the way: In case he would, that might look strange because his future sister-in-law (and future Queen) isn´t noble. And we can IMO also rule out a Lady from a not-English-speaking country. I still believe he´ll marry Chelsy.

I agree about the non-English-speaking country spouse. I don't think he will marry Chelsy though. Watch me be wrong about that. :lol:

I don't think it would matter if he fell in love with Lady xxx and married her just because William found love with Kate. That would be unfair if Harry had to rule out titled ladies because his brother didn't find love there.

I agree with iluvbertie.

But I also think that Harry and Chelsy had a deep connection. Although I liked (what I knew via the papers) what she brought to the table (i.e. independent, educated, intelligent, ambitious, etc.) at the end of the day she fell in love with Harry the regular guy and not Harry the Prince.

With that in mind, I think if he doesn't marry Chelsy (and I can't imagine her giving up her carefree life), he will find someone similar to her. She could be of noble birth or a regular girl. Its all about his circle, who he hangs out with, common interests.

for any english or otherwise princely family

And Lady Gabriella Windsor, the family connection might be too much and not acceptable:

George V > George, Duke of Kent > Prince Michael of Kent > Gabriella
George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > Harry
no-one could do better than George V > George, Duke of Kent > Prince Michael of Kent > Gabriella 's family in truth. anyone should be so lucky though in truth it is strength ! thank you Zonk for posting.. !!

is the monarch religious

...Many recent royal marriages have seen the new princess convert to the national religion.
I agree totally as most countries have changed religion through the centuries and there is much speculation as to whether France coerced England into changing religion from presbytrian to catholic as the royals were to ensure they could not send a wife and the english fell for it hence their digging in off heels in the other way to ensure sovereignty and their realm

has anyone seen the seies of Ann Boyln made by the BCC.....

or could it be the other way around... maye some fool enshrined soemthing in law and it has never been reversed
though whether it matters to future kings or queens could be analysed as to where someone is in terms of whether they could inherit the throne, what decisions they make in relation to their own wealth and power and ultimately as to whether Queen as head of state thinks to make a change if she deems it so to be
could it be that the palpasy scare the Queen even though many say the Mum is catholic
down with the religion anti-.....

:previous:
I am sorry but I don't understand your post.

religion versus supposition

Islam is about the benovalence of god. Judaism is believed to be enshrined in the first bible and is thorough. Lutheran is a broad view. The Anglican church supposition is acceptable to those that holds it views though even they differentiate between presbetyrian and protestant and it is the English Church which is Anglican and The Church of England which is Presbetryian. .. only some will understand this ...

The Anglican view is simple and does not hold many tenets. Tenets are to do with belief if you understand anything to do with anything to do with religion whatever it is to you.

A lack of understanding is not easy to adapt to. It is inadequate and why it only holds stature in one country in europe. It is inadequate along with interpretation of holy cathlocism (which is not the same as Roman Catholicism) which is true catholicism and bridges the gap between the first and second bible. The Church of Ireland along with some Orthodoxian view understand and appreciate the difference.

It is up to you to educate yourself with elders. You lack yourself and it is why you show your lack of yourself. You simply are not good enough to make any decision in relation to religion. Deferentiate and Educate !

Duke.

This is almost as hard to follow as your previous post.

You do realise that the Church of England and the Anglican Church are the same thing don't you? The Church of England is the established church in England and the Mother Church of the worldwide Anglican Communion - in other words outside of England the Church is just as likely to be called Anglican as Church of England while in England it is always be called Church of England. When I was a child the church I went to used the name Church of England but now the sign says St Paul's Anglican Church (Church of England).

Amongst & between Christians there is very little problem. I mean, married Anglican priests are allowed to become Roman Catholic priests and remain married! Switching religions intra-Christian would generally be OK. However, I think Harry would be allowed to marry a Catholic provided it was understood that the children would be brought up in the Church of England ...
For Royalty it is not that simple. Yes he could be allowed to marry a Roman Catholic however, the Act of Settlement bars past or present Roman Catholics, and those who marry Roman Catholics, from the succession. Both he and any children of such a marriage would be removed from the line of succession.

It seems to me that a lot of posters seem to confuse a change of "Denomination" with a change of "Religion". The Holy Roman Catholic Church is "Ruled" by his Holiness the Pope whereas the Protestant Church is broken up into many Denominations, the Church of England being headed the King or Queen of England. The theological divide between the Protestant and Roman Catholic churches goes back to Martin Luther posting of his Ninety-five Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, on October 31, 1517 and the ensuing Protestant Reformation.

Where one can slip almost seamlessly between Protestant Denominations as indeed did Princess Mary, changing between the Protestant and Roman Catholic churches is a cultural divide that Autumn Peters courageously decided to cross. It would not have been easy. If one were a truly devout Roman Catholic as opposed to nominal (aka born but not practicing) Catholic, then it may would be almost impossible. Faith is not like fashion and we shouldn't expect any future royal bride to take it lightly and if she did, would we really think she loved her prince or she wanted to be a princess and, as such, would we still think her a suitable bride for Prince Harry.

...Both he and any children of such a marriage would be removed from the line of succession.
Only if the children were raised as Roman Catholics or "professed" Roman Catholicism. The best and most current example is Prince Michael of Kent whose marriage activated the Act of Settlement disbarment provisions but whose children, raised as Protestants, remain in the Line of Succession.

:previous: You are of course correct, Warren. I was led astray by the fact that the heir converted to Catholicism also. :ermm:

I think Harry is much more traditional than Wills. I think Wills marrying Kate with their "deep connection" is quite unroyal. Royals traditionally marry in a form that is much more like, say, an Asian arranged marriage. "Being in love" is somewhat irrelevant. The royal family have been wrestling with issues around this stuff for three generations now. The Charles & Diana "arranged marriage" not working out has led to the Wills & Kate engagement. I think Harry has the smarts to recognise that the type of marriage mostly likely to work out for him, is with an emotionally resilient, confident English aristocrat, rather than a "carefree Chelsy type". Remember, if he marries an upper-class gal who has been brought up in a stable aristocratic milieu, she will handle indiscretions and affairs. (Diana couldn't handle the marriage because she had been brought up in an atypical family situation and she was emotionally fragile).

I understand the point you are trying to make but I hope that Harry gets married with the intention of being faithful to his spouse. It is my belief that if the goal is cheating then he should not get married at all. Then again I suppose that it would all depend on your idea of marriage. I don't consider an open-marriage a marriage at all.

My great hope for Harry is a love match. Without he could spend the rest of his life suffering because he made a politically correct marriage but not a loving one. That kind of decision could ultimately do more harm than good. Like Charles, Diana, and Camilla. After all if one good thing can come out of his parents mistake let it be that one should try to marry for love and learn to be faithful to the spouse they chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom