A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what? i think you got the year wrong. she was born 1892....that girl is dead.

Victoria Louise is also the grandmother of Sofia of Spain, Ernst August of Hanover and Constantine of Greece. But alas there are no marriageable great granddaughters for Harry. :ermm:

I should hope that his former girlfriend remains just that.

Even in photo's she exuded a kind of, shall I say, 'trash' like quality. Call me harsh (and in this instance perhaps rightly so), but Miss Davey never presented an image of a woman who appeared to be particularly charitable by nature. More a self indulging type of indavidual with a temperament to match I suspect and so was reported over the period of their relationship on more than one occasion.

It's not often I should speak so critically of someone I of course do not know, infact, I never do generally, but there was something about this young woman that never sat well with me and that she decided to relocate back to Africa was perhaps the best decision she's ever made.

I understand what you're saying. Chelsy isn't really the picture of elegance. She's more of a paris hilton than an audrey hepburn.

I always struggle with trying to think up a perfect girl for harry (and before William). Mostly because today my generation has zero well-known classy women. We only know of famous actresses, and actresses are out. We need more pretty elegant women under 33 in the media! All we can hope for is some stranger who is beautiful and intelligent because we don't have any sources to pick from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsy isn't really the picture of elegance. She's more of a paris hilton than an audrey hepburn.

You perhaps expressed what I meant to say better than me...;)

I understand what you're saying. Chelsy isn't really the picture of elegance. She's more of a paris hilton than an audrey hepburn.

That's exactly it! I've always been left with the impression that Chelsy wasn't quite refined enough to truly be princess material, not especially the BRF. Not necessarily trashy but just not quite right for the role that Harry's wife will inevitably hold as a senior royal.

Eugenie Niarchos! hahahahahahahaha

Charlotte Casiraghi
Chelsy Davy
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Chelsy isn't really the picture of elegance. She's more of a paris hilton than an audrey hepburn.
She's certainly not Audrey, but Paris Hilton is [no] lawyer. What you are saying is true, if we're only looking at her on a superficial level and to me it's something that can be fixed. Mary of Denmark or Diana for that matter weren't exactly the picture of elegance either in the beginning.

The bottom line for me is she's too smart for him anyway. The role of a princess is really not that hard.

Last edited:
Harry and Gabriella are related and she's been married once before if i remember correct!

Harry and Gabriella are related and she's been married once before if i remember correct!

We've done the relationship between the two. They are related but distantly so (much like the Queen and Prince Phillip). And no...Lady Gabriella Windsor has never been married.

Poise and elegance are something innate, I believe. It is more than how someone dresses or how someone looks, and is very much reflected in how someone carries themselves infront of others and in public in general. Mary certainly possess these qualities, and Diana did as well, for the most part.

I could never consider Chelsy poised or elegant judging on what I've seen or read over the years. Not in any manner or form to be honest. And certainly not if were judging her on appearance, but it is so much more than that as has been previously stated.

The way she would fawn over Henry in public was rather embarassing I always thought. Sure it takes two, but he often seemed to relent rather than be the one encouraging the behaviour. She more often than not seemed to be leaning in, edging for attention, pulling what I 'suppose' she considered to be 'cute faces'...

A few more cm's and she'd have been on his lap half the time.

Here's hoping that relationship has well and truly run it's course. All signs point to yes, and I certainly hope it remains that way.

Last edited:
Eugenie Niarchos! hahahahahahahaha
Eww never. The only one from their group who is fab to being okay is Charlotte Casiraghi, Beatrice Borromeo abd Elisa Sednaoui.

Imagine the latter getting married to Harry, Karl Lagerfeld will be a household friend. :ROFLMAO: That would be epic, Karl won't hold his tongue for nobody. Not even the Queen.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jRL5vbDqhrU/S-AfBhs3XzI/AAAAAAAATBY/awXu_W15WgA/s1600/elisa+and+karl.jpg
http://photos.posh24.com/p/788016/l/karl_lagerfeld/celebs_wannabe_chanel_girls.jpg
http://www.elle.nl/var/ellenl/stora...B/Elisa-Sednaoui-Karl-Lagerfeld_reference.jpg

what? i think you got the year wrong. she was born 1892....that girl is dead.

Several people poked their heads in to ask what was wrong, because I was laughing so hard it sounded like I was choking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlotte Casiraghi
Chelsy Davy
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Charlotte and Princess Alexandra are both Catholic. They'd have to convert or Harry will have to give up his place to throne. As for Chelsy Davy, love to see them marry but very doubtful. :flowers:

It's interesting that Charlotte - for all her time in London - seems very disconnected from the same scene as Harry. I guess because she hangs with a more jet set, fashion crowd.

I'm sure they know off each other and their friends know someone in their respective circles - but unfortunately they have never formally introduced themselves.

Poise and elegance are something innate, I believe. It is more than how someone dresses or how someone looks, and is very much reflected in how someone carries themselves infront of others and in public in general. Mary certainly possess these qualities, and Diana did as well, for the most part.

I could never consider Chelsy poised or elegant judging on what I've seen or read over the years. Not in any manner or form to be honest. And certainly not if were judging her on appearance, but it is so much more than that as has been previously stated.

The way she would fawn over Henry in public was rather embarassing I always thought. Sure it takes two, but he often seemed to relent rather than be the one encouraging the behaviour. She more often than not seemed to be leaning in, edging for attention, pulling what I 'suppose' she considered to be 'cute faces'...

Here's hoping that relationship has well and truly run it's course. All signs point to yes, and I certainly hope it remains that way.
I would not disagree with your definition of elegance and poise. However, your argument leaves no room for people's differences and assumes that everyone should be the same, and there lies my issue with your general view of Chelsy. Not having natural poise and elegance does not equal "trashy". And while you find fawning over a boyfriend embarrassing, I think being at the beck and call of one a lot more so. She possesses tangible qualities that fully demonstrate she is not worthless. It's possible to look and act the part and not be genuine, but I'll agree to disagree with you.

One may not be born with natural poise and elegance, but one can acquire it. Me, I ask myself "What would Audrey Hepburn do?" and if she wouldn't do it, I won't. Trashy is to me, demonstrative of not necessarily a lack of poise or elegance, but a lack of common sense, amongst other things. Chelsy doesn't fit that bill, IMO. She can be a bit rough around the edges and doesn't have Catherine's refined appearance (I'm jealous of that woman's hair), but that doesn't mean Catherine is a better person or of a higher-quality than Chelsy. They're just different people. Chelsy and William would be a disaster and Catherine and Harry would be equally so. They're both suited to the men they are (or were) with.

The only problem with Chelsy and Harry was that she didn't want to live in England and wanted to stay at home in South Africa, but the realities of Harry's life and who/what he is, meant that living permanently in SA with her was out of the question. So they broke it off. That again, doesn't mean she is "trashy".

No, my view of Chelsy is my own and you're free to think as you wish. As is anyone.

Because we do not agree, per say, does not suggest you are wrong and I am right, or visa versa. It is merely my opinion, entirely subjective, and the way it has always appeared to me.

And yes, Chelsy outwardly and in her general manner of sorts, seemed quite 'trashy' (my own definition) to me with what always appeared to be a considerable lack of poise and discretion. And certainly, I may well be referring to her in a way that I myself would normally consider somewhat harsh, but it's all that comes to mind with her.

I'm no prude, but theres a time and place for everything and often trying to make out with your boyfriend in view of the pap's isn't what I would call very becoming. And I say that in regards to Henry as well.

Furthermore, I dont recall there being many (if any really, besides that one time caught on someones camera phone at a local Inn) snaps of Catherine and William kissing in public on a regular basis. And they were dating for close on a decade.

And as for the 'not being a doormat type of woman', the well reported on again off again nature of their relationship seems to have suggested otherwise. At least to me. Anyone, be it a woman or man, who willingly pursues what must have been a toxic relationship, being that it was quite turbulant, evidently can't acknowledge when something just isn't working and as such, they keep going back for more. In the end, it was called off and both are seemingly moving on with their lives. C'est la vie.

And I would never consider someone worthless. Certainly not. She's just not someone I would think to possess the qualities I'd expect of a long time, and well considered partner (future wife) of a very public prince.

Again, I speak only for myself ;)

Last edited:
Please note that posts that have NOTHING to do with a potential wife for Prince Harry have been deleted.

If you would like to have a personal conversation with another TRF member, please do so via PM.

Also, please treat each other with respect when expressing your opinions. You might not agree with another poster but they have the right to express their opinion as you do yours.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

I don't care if people think I'm crazy! My hope for Chelsy and Harry burns strong! I stand by Chelsy. Even if Harry can't have her, she's the girl he should have. She is the girl who loves him the way he needs to be loved. But now circumstances have gotten in the way, keeping them asunder. Maybe he will be with someone else, but Chelsy is the one who could make the difference, change the playing field, alter the game!!!!

You're neglecting the fact that one of the reasons they broke up is because Chelsy wanted the commitment of marriage, and Harry doesn't want to marry her. Chelsy's the girl a guy dates, not marries.

You're neglecting the fact that one of the reasons they broke up is because Chelsy wanted the commitment of marriage, and Harry doesn't want to marry her. Chelsy's the girl a guy dates, not marries.

Where did you read that Chelsy wanted the commitment of marriage and Harry didn't? Please provide a link as I must have missed this. I remember reading that they broke up because she wanted to live in Africa and he can't move there due to his position.

You're neglecting the fact that one of the reasons they broke up is because Chelsy wanted the commitment of marriage, and Harry doesn't want to marry her.
And we know this how?
Chelsy's the girl a guy dates, not marries.
I am obviously missing the elephant in the room!

Is she not a virgin? If that is the criteria then Kate is nixed as well but as William has just announced his engagement to her it can't be that!

She's blonde and therefore vaccuum packed between the ears? She has a degree so it can't be that!

She smiles and laughs too much? I am sure I have seen photo's of Kate smiling and even laughing so it can't be that!

I would really appreciate the name of the aforementioned elephant!

I don't think anyone except their nearest and dearest really know why they parted or even if they have! We can only speculate as wildly as we please. Whatever we say may be true, false, almost true or wildly false depending on what we personally think about their relationship.

Harry is what, still only a third of the way through his Apache Helicopter Conversion course? Chelsy is finishing her internship. Both need time and space to study without distraction and the geography of their respective training venues did not lend itself the a romantic relationship. As to the influence of the paparazzi . . . . . . the less said the better. Soooo . . . . . . .

Perhaps it's just an American thing, but I never thought Chelsy was all over Harry. I never really saw pictures where it showed on Harry's face that he wasn't enjoying her public affection, either. Can someone please tell me where this is stated, or apparently obvious in a photograph of the two? Just because Harry is a royal doesn't mean he can't indulge in PDA, in my opinion. Although some things are better left behind closed doors, obviously.

For the most part, I agree with what you're saying about her. Something about the relationship never seemed right to me.

Also, it was mentioned before that Lady Gabriella Windsor had been married. Regardless if this is true or not, could Harry not marry someone who had been married and divorced? Charles did.

I don't disagree with that, she's a very beautiful young woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom