A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm not going to blame you for hoping at all. I'm still hoping that Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams will reunite.

Yes, I did. I gave them all an estimate life span of 100 years.

HM and the DoE are both 80+ and therefore will die in the next 20 years.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent, Prince Michael, and Princess Alexandra are all in their 70s, so I gave them (a generous) 30 years. The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Michael are all in their late 60s, so I gave them 30 years too...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oooh, my tummy hurts!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Do what LaRae?

Disappear from the Royal family...give up their place. They are mostly loved by the public I think. It would be very hard on the monarchy if that were to happen.

LaRae

I think whoever Harry marries will need to be attracted by the family in general - not just the titles and what not, but the life. There's a lot of flack about Catherine being a social climber who pursued William because of his status, and to some extent this is probably true - she knew very well what she was getting into and wanted it, that's why she and William have worked. I think Camilla is the same way, and I don't see this as negative in either of their characters - especially as they both very clearly love their husbands. It really seems like others weren't able to handle it all, leading to divorce. Chelsy seems to have realized that she doesn't want it all; she know what it is, and doesn't think Harry's worth it. Catherine either wanted it all or does think William's worth it.
I just pulled this part out of a long post from the previous page....

I don't think Catherine went into that relationship thinking about social climbing...at most it was probably (when they finally did shift from friends to lovers) I'm dating Prince William!!! Something to tell the grandkids!

Now I'd say after a point when they both knew things were more involved she began to seriously consider a future for them....William has talked about that a little in the engagement interview. He wanted her to be sure about taking that lifestyle on. I got the impression they'd talked about marriage for quite some time before things go to the proposal stage and that they were kinda giving things a trial run to some degree (prior to engagement...it was 8 years).

Harry and Chelsea were immature and a bit volatile. I think they might of had some sort of fantasy about Harry moving to S.A. and living happily ever after....then reality arrived.

LaRae

I just pulled this part out of a long post from the previous page....

I don't think Catherine went into that relationship thinking about social climbing...at most it was probably (when they finally did shift from friends to lovers) I'm dating Prince William!!! Something to tell the grandkids!

Now I'd say after a point when they both knew things were more involved she began to seriously consider a future for them....William has talked about that a little in the engagement interview. He wanted her to be sure about taking that lifestyle on. I got the impression they'd talked about marriage for quite some time before things go to the proposal stage and that they were kinda giving things a trial run to some degree (prior to engagement...it was 8 years).

Harry and Chelsea were immature and a bit volatile I think. I think they might of had some sort of fantasy about Harry moving to S.A. and living happily ever after....then reality arrived.

LaRae

I didn't mean to imply that Catherine is or was a social climber - I don't think that's the case at all. I doubt there was any point in her friendship/relationship with William that she was not aware of his standing in life and what it meant for her, but I don't think that was at all why she went into the relationship. You don't date the future King of the United Kingdom without thinking "I could be Queen," but you also don't date him for 8 years without really thinking "is this what I want." My point was not to try to slander Catherine in any way, but simply to say that when it came down to it she wanted to be with William - Royal Life and all - where as it seems that Chelsy has decided otherwise.

Harry and Chelsy was definitely immature and volatile - but they're both young, and Harry's long had an immature streak to him. I find it interesting how, on the one hand, he says that he wants to settle down with someone who can be for him what Catherine is for William (and pressingly be for her what William is for Catherine), and on the other hand he's partying it up in Vegas playing strip whatever. I hope for his sake that he does get some of what Catherine and William have, but I don't think he's found the girl he'll settle down for yet, or the girl who can handle his family and standing. It's a lot to take in, and I hope for both their sakes when he does find her they take their time and make sure it's right, like William and Catherine did.

I get the impression from some of the posts about Chelsy not wanting the burdens of the Royal lifestyle, though the authors may not have intended it, that she is somehow made of lesser stuff than Kate, or is immature, for not wanting it, and I feel compelled to defend her on that account.

Chelsy seems to me to be an obviously intelligent, independent-thinking, young woman who has pursued a career-oriented undergraduate degree and post-graduate law course, rather than the sort of humanities degree which is a suitable "filler" course for young ladies who aspire to making good marriages: non-controversial and providing suitable background for dinner-table conversation for the years to come.

I admire Chelsy for sticking to her guns and recognising the goldfish bowl lifestyle is not for her, and not succumbing to the temptation to abandon her career ambitions and her identity to become a duchess - or, even worse, "Princess Harry" - and thus become merely an extension of her husband.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to imply that Catherine is or was a social climber - I don't think that's the case at all. I doubt there was any point in her friendship/relationship with William that she was not aware of his standing in life and what it meant for her, but I don't think that was at all why she went into the relationship. You don't date the future King of the United Kingdom without thinking "I could be Queen," but you also don't date him for 8 years without really thinking "is this what I want." My point was not to try to slander Catherine in any way, but simply to say that when it came down to it she wanted to be with William - Royal Life and all - where as it seems that Chelsy has decided otherwise.

Harry and Chelsy was definitely immature and volatile - but they're both young, and Harry's long had an immature streak to him. I find it interesting how, on the one hand, he says that he wants to settle down with someone who can be for him what Catherine is for William (and pressingly be for her what William is for Catherine), and on the other hand he's partying it up in Vegas playing strip whatever. I hope for his sake that he does get some of what Catherine and William have, but I don't think he's found the girl he'll settle down for yet, or the girl who can handle his family and standing. It's a lot to take in, and I hope for both their sakes when he does find her they take their time and make sure it's right, like William and Catherine did.

Harry needs someone who is very grounded who will steady him. He needs balance. He really does need someone who has some of the qualities Catherine (C or K I can never remember).

I thought his antics in Vegas were beyond the pale. I don't care if he was fixing to deploy. Most of my family is/was military and they do not conduct themselves like that prior to deployments. Harry is no longer a young college kid where some of the things can be written off to being immature etc....he's got a very responsible/serious job in the military which he apparently does very well. It's time for him to take that to all areas of his life.

LaRae

I get the impression from some of the posts about Chelsy not wanting the burdens of the Royal lifestyle, though the authors may not have intended it, that she is somehow made of lesser stuff than Kate, or is immature, for not wanting it, and I feel compelled to defend her on that account.

I think Catherine and Chelsy are both intelligent and admirable women. I think through their respective relationships they have become exactly what the younger members of the BRF need in significant others: Catherine is the woman who wants to be a part of the family and take on all that it entails (and seems to have an idea of what that means), while Chelsy is wide enough to realize that's not what she wants and to avoid the public drama and scandal that has previously come with BRF relationships. She didn't want to be a part of it, and so however much she may have wanted to be Princess Harry of Wales (which is the Royal equivalent of Mrs. John Smith) so things ended without public drama or scandal. I think that alone makes her someone to admire and respect just as much as we admire and respect Catherine, even if ultimately their decisions are very different.

I think, in the future, Harry needs to continue to date women like either Chelsy or Catherine - those in the first place who acknowledge that the life isn't for them and respectfully and quietly let them come to an end instead of pushing marriage, or someone who knows what it all entails and wants it.

Harry needs someone who is very grounded who will steady him. He needs balance. He really does need someone who has some of the qualities Catherine (C or K I can never remember).

I thought his antics in Vegas were beyond the pale. I don't care if he was fixing to deploy. Most of my family is/was military and they do not conduct themselves like that prior to deployments. Harry is no longer a young college kid where some of the things can be written off to being immature etc....he's got a very responsible/serious job in the military which he apparently does very well. It's time for him to take that to all areas of his life.

LaRae

Catherine with a C, Kate with a K. Just to confuse is all.

Harry's still in his 20s, and while he has a very serious job I know a lot of guys who are in the military and around that age and have similar attitudes when they're having fun. I'm not criticizing him for what he did, merely stating that he needs to be wiser and more careful in the future while pointing out that strip whatever in Vegas (or wherever) with people you've just met isn't really compatible with settling down, getting married, and having kids. He needs to decide which life he wants for himself - party boy or husband - and figure it out.

I also think that while the public has been willing to forgive or even laugh at a number of his antics over the years, I can't see stuff like Vegas being easily forgiven when he's married. People are still wary of Charles and Camilla, and Harry needs to learn from that.

Harry needs someone who is very grounded who will steady him. He needs balance.
LaRae

I agree 100%!

Harry's still in his 20s, and while he has a very serious job I know a lot of guys who are in the military and around that age and have similar attitudes when they're having fun. I'm not criticizing him for what he did, merely stating that he needs to be wiser and more careful in the future while pointing out that strip whatever in Vegas (or wherever) with people you've just met isn't really compatible with settling down, getting married, and having kids. He needs to decide which life he wants for himself - party boy or husband - and figure it out.

I also think that while the public has been willing to forgive or even laugh at a number of his antics over the years, I can't see stuff like Vegas being easily forgiven when he's married. People are still wary of Charles and Camilla, and Harry needs to learn from that.

Spot on!!!

Harry and Chelsy was definitely immature and volatile - but they're both young, and Harry's long had an immature streak to him. I find it interesting how, on the one hand, he says that he wants to settle down with someone who can be for him what Catherine is for William (and pressingly be for her what William is for Catherine), and on the other hand he's partying it up in Vegas playing strip whatever.

Since when does being married mean you cannot party it up? If that was the case Vegas and places like it would have gone out of business.

Since when does being married mean you cannot party it up? If that was the case Vegas and places like it would have gone out of business.

There's partying up, and partying up. I could well be wrong, but I doubt Chelsy would be happy to tag along with Harry while he rounds up strange girls in a bar to take to his room for a drunken game of strip whatever.

There's partying up, and partying up. I could well be wrong, but I doubt Chelsy would be happy to tag along with Harry while he rounds up strange girls in a bar to take to his room for a drunken game of strip whatever.

She may not welcome guests, but she may not be opposed to a game of strip billiards with Harry himself.

I didn't mean to say that you can't party it up when you're married - you can. I just think that while the public is willing to forgive Harry for his scandals, including Vegas, now, the public is going to get less forgiving in the future, especially once he gets married. It's one thing for him to be single and have pictures of him in Vegas playing strip whatever with women he's just met. Even were he to be older, we can still attribute it to him being him and having fun. But if naked pictures of him with women he's just met - regardless of the situation - were to emerge post-marriage the public is not going to be as forgiving and the scandal will be a lot bigger.

People did not eagerly forgive Charles and Camilla for their part in the downfall of Charles' marriage - even once it was revealed that Diana had had affairs too. While once upon a time it was okay, even expected, for princes and kings to have mistresses, we've now become a society where either it's outright not okay or it's only okay so long as it stays in the shadows. If Harry wants to get married then he needs to learn from the mistakes of his predecessors and realize that people will not be okay with him playing strip whatever in wherever with whoever once he's married - especially if there are photos of it. Strip whatever is incompatible with marriage, and if he really wants the former he needs to learn to be more careful otherwise his image is going to end up hugely tainted - as we have seen with the BRF before.

She may not welcome guests, but she may not be opposed to a game of strip billiards with Harry himself.

And if it's Chelsy or whoever he ends up marrying who he's playing strip billiards with then good on them! Party it up with your spouse and have the common sense to not have pictures taken!

I don't think having an adventurous lifestyle (in that regards) is incompatible with marriage. I even think that Harry needs someone who will have that kind of lifestyle with him, otherwise he's viable to get bored. I just think that he doing so in a fashion where it ends up on the front pages of the paper or all over the Internet is going to end up disastrous for him and even the BRF.

Sure, married Harry can play strip whatever or party it up or what have you. But it needs to be with his wife and not people he's just met while on vacation.

Aaah, there are no misunderstandings here folks. NGalitzine just wants to party party with Henry, that is all!:lol:

the trend of talk on here makes it sound as if all Harry does is army or party. He's been back a while and apart from an early welcome back party, we have heard nothing.

One Vegas party does not a "bad boy"make and an understanding girlfriend (whoever it is) does/will/would know that.

Times have certainly changed since Harry's party-boy great-great-uncle Prince George the Duke of Kent was gallivanting around the world and getting away with what he got away with!

I read that Chelsy and Bona or whatever her name is have been invited to the same party over the weekend. Not sure if this was meant to be last weekend? Does anyone know anything about this?

In the meantime, Henry has been very successful at staying away from the public eye. Again, I say, it clearly can be done!

Osipi, I am sure NGalitzine would invite you, right Ngalitzine? Roslyn and I are happy to see the photos in the paper shortly after the event...:eek:

:previous: only partied with the "right" people and the press were excluded.

Everyone had privacy.

Aaah, there are no misunderstandings here folks. NGalitzine just wants to party party with Henry, that is all!:lol:

Well I have no objections at all to a good party/vacation and would welcome Harry to come along when I go to Cuba, but it is more a case of knowing a lot of people whose lives from the outside appear terribly conventional (husband/wife, 2 kids, dog, mortgage, 2 cars in the driveway, church on Sunday types) but once you really get to know them you find their lives are a lot less conventional than they might like their neighbours and co-workers to know. Certainly a lot of terribly proper, conservative, family values types act very differently when they are away from home and on vacation with people they never expect to see again. The only time I have a problem with it is if people publically spew one set of values and then go off and act in a contrary manner. I don't believe Harry did that so don't have a real problem with his Vegas trip which did seem a bigger story on this side of the pond than in the UK.

As for his future wife I just hope he choses someone sensible who can handle both the public life of a royal and still be able to find time for some fun and relaxation even with press/public intrusions in their private lives.

Last edited:
Maybe we can marry him off to one of Princess Grace's granddaughters. The American media would love that.

They are already in the public eye so it would not be as much as a burden to them as someone who has no exposure to the media.

Maybe we can marry him off to one of Princess Grace's granddaughters. The American media would love that.

They are already in the public eye so it would not be as much as a burden to them as someone who has no exposure to the media.

They're catholic first off and Charlotte has a boyfriend. Pauline Ducruet just turned 18 and her younger half sister is 14.

They're catholic first off and Charlotte has a boyfriend. Pauline Ducruet just turned 18 and her younger half sister is 14.

The Catholic issue is being addressed in the change to the succession laws, however. Harry will be able to marry a Catholic without losing his place in the succession so long as his children from that marriage are raised CoE.

There's also Prince Albert II's daughter, Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, who's 20, although her legitimacy comes into play.

Why would he want to marry someone who would bring even more media attention to him. The Windsor-Grimaldi link would be send the tabs into overdrive.

I wasn't suggesting her so much as pointing out that there was another of-age granddaughter of Princess Grace's.

The Catholic issue is being addressed in the change to the succession laws, however. Harry will be able to marry a Catholic without losing his place in the succession so long as his children from that marriage are raised CoE.

There's also Prince Albert II's daughter, Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, who's 20, although her legitimacy comes into play.

Indeed he will, however there is the obstacle of Charlotte (the most noteworthy Grace grand-daughter) having a boyfriend and past to boot.

I'd put money on the fact Jazmin doesn't even know who Henry is. That girl has been kept so far out of the limelight she wouldn't know what hit her over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom