A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK it's perfectly legal to marry your cousin - at least in Germany and Switzerland - it wasn't always the case.

Ha! Ha! HATS are not illegal in Australia and most definitely not in the UK.:ROFLMAO:

... Did someone seriously just suggest that Harry marry his first cousin?

... Did someone seriously just suggest that Harry marry his first cousin?

Well, I did. Not very seriously, though. I just liked the idea that then there are no (new) scandals to be found in the family of his intended.... Because they have all been already published...:flowers:

Well, I did. Not very seriously, though. I just liked the idea that then there are no (new) scandals to be found in the family of his intended.... Because they have all been already published...:flowers:

ROFL :lol:

Just thought - Sarah as a mother in law!

Kataryn said:

Trust me- the scandal of a popular young royal choosing to marry a close relative would dwarf any other scandal anyone else could think of. It may have once been common practice, but it's viewed very, very unfavorably at this point in history.

What a delicious thought. Imagine the kerfuffle. :ROFLMAO:

I trust everyone here knows Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were first cousins.:D

Kataryn, I notice your thought that Harry's distant cousin Joachim of Denmark might ask his wife Marie to find a nice French girl. That is a good idea.

And Conchie, wish I could guess the person you refer to who is fully trained already to the royal life. I guess there are several cousins in Britain. I don't know much about the Greek relatives, but there is Theodora in her twenties? What about the Kent daughter, Ella--is she too old (don't remember her age). She was raised Protestant, even though her mother remained Catholic. She is very nice looking. There are several other British cousins one could name, who are not "first cousins". In fact, there are probably a number of 3rd or 4th cousins we are not usually aware of. Hmm?

Throughout history we've seen what has happened when first cousins marry. It's not good.

Kataryn, I notice your thought that Harry's distant cousin Joachim of Denmark might ask his wife Marie to find a nice French girl. That is a good idea.

And Conchie, wish I could guess the person you refer to who is fully trained already to the royal life. I guess there are several cousins in Britain. I don't know much about the Greek relatives, but there is Theodora in her twenties? What about the Kent daughter, Ella--is she too old (don't remember her age). She was raised Protestant, even though her mother remained Catholic. She is very nice looking. There are several other British cousins one could name, who are not "first cousins". In fact, there are probably a number of 3rd or 4th cousins we are not usually aware of. Hmm?

What family are already FULLY trained in and don't have to worry about press intrusion.....what girl is guaranteed to get on with Kate considering she lived with her all her life !!!!!

Gabriella - 2nd or 3rd cousin (too tired to work it out) - how about that. Princess Michael would love it!

(posts crossed - great minds and all that!)

Honestly, I'll be shocked if Harry doesn't marry a normal girl we've never heard of from either Britain or one of the Commonwealth countries.

It won't be a foreign royal, or a family member. It could quite possibly be someone he already knows- someone from his set of friends or from the set of friends that are close to the Cambridges- but I have a feeling that like William, he'll strive for as normal a courtship as possible.

Seems like he knows enough royals or know of enough royals that if he was interested in someone who would be eligible to marry him that he either would have tried to pursue a relationship with that woman or find out the social schedule of this woman and show up at a couple of events or someone else would make that happen for him. Of course if it didn't work out, it didn't.

I think Harry will wind up with one of the women from his long time social set. Someone with a few Sirs and Ladies in their family tree, and likely fairly well off and attractive. Kind of an updated version of Lady Di.

I think he should marry Pippa. The Middletons are already trained in the royal way. Catherine and Pippa can support each other in their royal indoctrination. Pippa seems to have the personality to keep Harry within royal bounds. Prince Philip seems very found of her. The Queen probably likes anyone with personality and guts.

It would make it easier all the way around.

I think he should marry Pippa. The Middletons are already trained in the royal way. Catherine and Pippa can support each other in their royal indoctrination. Pippa seems to have the personality to keep Harry within royal bounds. Prince Philip seems very found of her. The Queen probably likes anyone with personality and guts.

NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOO!!!:badpc:

I think he should marry Pippa

Good grief, I leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose.

Also, I'm a bit hurt, this topic is still going strong, when the answer is a fait accompli.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if Harry doesn't marry a normal girl we've never heard of from either Britain or one of the Commonwealth countries.
Hey I have some doubts about a hypothetical scenario like the above.
What if Harry falls in love and marries an African/Carribean or Indian girl (Indians arent exactly black, but lot less 'whiter') who is good in all other departments-self made, educated,intelligent..And there are fair chances that the child's complexion may be of the mother's..
How will the British accept the girl and child?
And in some untoward circumstances, if that child comes directly in line to the throne, will that child be accepted as easily as a 'white' child?
PS: Please dont treat this as a racist issue, I am just interested more from yhe social point of view..Having a 'coloured' Duchess or even King - how does that sound for the British?

Last edited:
Hey I have some doubts about a hypothetical scenario like the above.
What if Harry falls in love and marries an African-American or Indian girl (Indians arent exactly black, but lot less 'whiter') who is good in all other departments-self made, educated,intelligent..And there are fair chances that the child's complexion may be of the mother's..
How will the British accept the girl and child?
And in some untoward circumstances, if that child comes directly in line to the throne, will that child be accepted as easily as a 'white' child?
PS: Please dont treat this as a racist issue, I am just interested more from yhe social point of view..Having a 'coloured' Duchess or even King - how does that sound for the British?

I'm not British, so I certainly can't speak to what the popular reaction would be like, but I can say for myself that I would absolutely love that. I would find it fantastic to see a biracial child in a prominent position in the royal family.

And honestly, my best guess is that some people would be shocked (old prejudices take a long time to fade entirely out of society) but that many more people would either consider it a non-issue or be enthusiastic and supportive.

Sounds like something out of Pride and Prejudice. Mrs. Bennett, er Middleton, would swoon! ;)

The Danes had no problem with their Eurasian princess and her two sons...

The Danes had no problem with their Eurasian princess and her two sons...

Yup. But then appearance is different and colour is different. The latter may bring some old prejudices, as Hermoine said. And I think some of the old, conservative class may frown at the idea of having a Duchess from one of their past 'colonies'. And do you think people will feel it will 'diminish' the awe of the RF? Do you think Princes are 'told' to go by some 'basic criteria' in things, and not be toooo open-minded?

I don't think Harry wants to settle down already. Of course he wishes for someone to warm his bed and cuddle up to him in his time off work, someone to trust and share his private life with.

But - IMHO he has just experienced what he had wished he could but hasn't found what he was looking for. He was still "Prince Harry" to some other soldiers, he killed and has yet to make his own inner peace with that - and for a son of Charles that may take a while, for I don't believe he is such a simpleton when it comes to morals and conscience.

Honestly I wonder what those 6 out of 10 Britons think when they want William to see front line service. Do they really want a king with blood on his hands? Who leaves wife and unborn child behind to go into a war which is already terminated by the government? What for, I ask myself and can't find an answer to this. Beside archaic thinking of a rite of passage?

But back to Harry: he will find out he's changed. War does that to you. And he'll need time to adapt to that knowledge.

Yup. But then appearance is different and colour is different. The latter may bring some old prejudices, as Hermoine said. And I think some of the old, conservative class may frown at the idea of having a Duchess from one of their past 'colonies'. And do you think people will feel it will 'diminish' the awe of the RF? Do you think Princes are 'told' to go by some 'basic criteria' in things, and not be toooo open-minded?

We may be getting a bit too off topic here, but I'll say that a big part of the royal family's battle in the last two decades has been to stay relevant- to shift, so that they can better act as symbols of the people. I honestly think that if anything, a person of color marrying into the royal family would help them be more representative of the country and of all the many different types of people in it.

That's just my own thoughts on it though.

Unlike his cautious brother William, I have a sneaking suspicion that some time, across a crowded room, Harry's eyes will meet those of his own special lady and that will be that. If that magic zing was mutual I don't think he'll let any grass grow under his feet.

On the other hand he's is just as likely to meet Chelsy's eyes across a crowded room and fall madly in love again.

Meanwhile, there are no rules that say you can't admire the view.

I doubt they were ever specifically told there were criteria their future wives had to fit, whether talking about race or religion or background or whatever, but they'd also be well aware that some women would fit better than others. William would have known marrying a practicing Catholic could get complicated, for example.

In terms of marrying someone of a different race, well, Ludgrove, Eton, St. Andrews and Sandhurst aren't exactly the sorts of places where you're going to have a hard time meeting white people. I don't think the princes were ever told "not to be too open minded" as you put it, I think it's more that the vast majority of people they've spent time with over the years have been white. That being said, if Harry, for example, winds up falling in love with the sister of someone he knew at Eton, who happens to be Indian, I don't think that would be an issue at all.

Well, Harry should pick her out right quick. Then he can take her to W-A's coronation this spring and we can all have a good look at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom