A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Osipi, then let him and his family be proud of what he did in Vegas. Yeah, right.

By the way, he is much nearer 30 than 20. Way too old for this stupid behavior. Very unattractive. No wonder Chelsy split.

This guy sure knows how to self destruct rather than just let off steam. Very frustrating watching talent go down the....:bang:

Since when does nearing 30 mean you can no longer party hard? And just what is wrong with partying hard anyway?

:previous: Harry is free to party hard until he is 105. The specific question raised was whether Harry is husband material, and certain posters opine that he is not, and the LV trip was one reason.

There is no reason to put down other's opinions by making jokes about smelling salts. If you reject the opinion, leave it be. I wonder why people are so emotionally attached to the idea that Harry is some sort of Most Interesting Man in the Universe that contrary opinions cannot be raised without some sort of put down.

As I have said before, if you wish to marry him, I wish you a lifetime of happiness. If you ask what I advise about marriage to Harry, I will give you my honest assessment.

One Vegas trip does not a villain make.

Lots of people on here preaching at Harry. He is young and single and many on here seem to have forgotten what that is like. He hasn't got anyone pregnant, hasn't run off with a circus performer; isn't playing around with married women; hasn't stolen anyone's reputation.

He is a tad naive, too honest for his own good and gives plenty of opportunities for people to preach down from the high moral ground.

What he does seem to take v seriously his his team and the men he is resposible for - being responsible for someone is what he wants in his private life. Hope he finds that person.

It seems to be an assumption that people only party when they are young and single. If that were the case places like Vegas would have gone out of business a long time ago. I know more than a few couples, even past the ripe old age of 30, who like to party and go on trips to Vegas or the islands or the Med, and yet still manage to keep their marriages together and do their jobs. Having a good time is not just for the young. Not all of us want to retire to the suburbs, curl up with a book by the fire waiting for the grim reeper to call. I am nearing 45 but I still like to LIVE a little.

Nobody has called Harry a "villain" (in fact it's been quite the opposite), nor has anyone pointed to the Vegas trip as the main indication for their opinions that this personable, energetic and sincere young man might not be quite ready for marriage. Nobody is looking down on people who like to "party" past the age of 25. Nobody is looking down on people who are not ready for marriage and in fact don't seek it at the moment; far from it, I applaud people who refuse to undertake what they don't want at the moment.

Living in the suburbs and awaiting death sounds a bit like the smelling salts dig. Wide, sweeping generalizations based on stereotypes formed simply as a way to discount an opinion that is more subtly nuanced than one is capable of addressing does not add points to one's side of the debate. In fact it detracts from it.

What happened in Vegas, should have stayed in Vegas. He is young, single, and unattached. He was in a private room, and he broke no laws.

"being responsible for"? Interesting way to describe marriage.

I think taking responsibility for someone, looking after them, etc certainly has worked in mine. It's a 2 way street.

What happened in Vegas should have stayed in Vegas; in fact it should have stayed in the room. As I've said before, I don't give a hoot what consenting adults do in private. But this did not stay in Vegas because one of his little playmates took photographs with their mobile phone. One of his little playmates he had just picked up in a bar. Massive error of judgment on Harry's part, because we all now know what he will do with a bunch of strangers.

I think taking responsibility for someone, looking after them, etc certainly has worked in mine. It's a 2 way street.

Perhaps we have different definitions of "responsible". To me it connotes obligation and accountability. I am responsible for the care of my aged mother who is too frail to look after herself, and for my tropical fish, but not for my husband. If I don't feed him he is quite capable of feeding himself and will not starve. I do usually cook for him though, and I'm more than happy to do it, but I am not responsible for him.

Last edited:
Maybe Harry should leave the army and go back to college to get some knowledge about things other than the military. The military is necessary to the nation (although I think both the UK and the US have wasted lives in Afghanistan). But if that is all a person knows from his years of education, it is not adequate to make a well-rounded person.
With his education, does he ever look for a woman who can do more than dress expensively and sexily and go to bars? Is a party only drinking for him, and looking at nude women?
He seems to admire Catherine, and she has an education and some taste in music and art that goes beyond bars. He needs a woman like that, if he could get one to look at him. He probably could do so, if he treated her like a lady and was really nice to her.
An adventure awaits, looking for a nice educated girl!

Would it be ironic or just a slap in the face to all the nay-sayers if he married a girl named Margarita?

That was a joke; don't flip out.

I wonder if Koo Stark has a daughter?

Sir, you go to far. That's my job.

I must leave now mammals. I have little giraffes to feed in this barren, dry oasis called suburbia where all of my dreams have gone to die.

Should I ever bear a daughter, I shall send her to Harry. As a concubine. It was done in ancient times, and I see no issue with it. He's a prince after all. I hope he takes her to Vegas once in a while and they send me a spiffy, colorful and large refrigerator magnet.

Roslyn, making errors of judgement is the point. Then not accepting the consequences and blaming others for it is the concern. We all make them but hopefully we learn from them. And most of us can party hard without the hardcore. I maintain, if what he did was so right and natural, there wouldn't have been such a fuss over it and no mention of "let downs".

Thank you Giraffe for your sensible comments.

By the way, I don't mind having "high morals". Better than low ones.

Last edited:
I've seen several pictures of her smoking, drinking and wearing the most 'inventive' of outfits. She's about as 'clean' as Henry and his past.

Very clean indeed! I am sure the photos you though you saw were touched up to make it look like she was drinking and smoking. :whistling:

With his education, does he ever look for a woman who can do more than dress expensively and sexily and go to bars? Is a party only drinking for him, and looking at nude women?

I take your point about education helping to make a more well-rounded person, and I agree, but education is not just formal education. Harry has had amazing opportunities. He grew up exposed to enough well-educated and scholarly people and to fine music and fine art and architecture the finer things in life generally such that he should have a considerable general knowledge of and appreciation for such things. Though he lacks formal tertiary education himself, he has proven that he can have a relationship with an intelligent woman who has a tertiary education. I think it is quite possible that when it comes to entertainment he just has low-brow tastes, and no amount of education is going to change that.

He seems to admire Catherine, and she has an education and some taste in music and art that goes beyond bars. He needs a woman like that, if he could get one to look at him. He probably could do so, if he treated her like a lady and was really nice to her.
Trouble is getting a woman like that to pal up with him. He'll be really lucky to find another Chelsy in the near future.

Maybe Harry should leave the army and go back to college to get some knowledge about things other than the military. The military is necessary to the nation (although I think both the UK and the US have wasted lives in Afghanistan). But if that is all a person knows from his years of education, it is not adequate to make a well-rounded person.
An adventure awaits, looking for a nice educated girl!

Admire?? For what? for waiting 10 years for the proposal? Harry seems to like independent women. It is exactly that what he´s trying to avoid, someone who is desperate for a title. If he is patient enough he will find her, but, I´m afraid he´s starting to sound like he feels the pressure, and he might make a huge mistake.

Gosh, Rosana, you are surely right about "waiting 10 years for a proposal". That was really narsty, wasn't it? Catherine is not my idea of a perfect person, I just offered her as an example of one who was at least educated. I suppose Chelsy could have been considered educated as well, and now she has, or will have, a law degree.

However, Harry needs someone to shake him hard and make him realize a few basic things, it seems. No one here on RF has the opportunity to do so. Hope he finds someone who can do it. Does not seem to be anyone in the TRF. Yet his Uncle Edward and Aunt Sophie seem to have more "smarts" in that department. Don't suppose he'd listen to Edward and Sophie? Probably not. Edward was considered somewhat of a wimp because he gave up the military to be an arts professional. He seems to have the most respectable marriage partnership in TRF among the "younger" set.

Last edited:
Admire?? For what? for waiting 10 years for the proposal? Harry seems to like independent women. It is exactly that what he´s trying to avoid, someone who is desperate for a title. If he is patient enough he will find her, but, I´m afraid he´s starting to sound like he feels the pressure, and he might make a huge mistake.

Whoa! We have no idea what discussions took place between Kate and William about marriage, or when. They were shacked up together for a long time and I don't believe that the subject of a future together was never discussed. I don't believe that Kate was desperate for a title. It's entirely possible she had initially said she didn't want to marry him, or was uncertain, or wanted to wait as long as possible before going through with it. Maybe till they were ready to have children. I think it's entirely possible that they have been planning marriage for some years but decided to wait till they were ready for children and thus had to do the church thing.

I doubt Harry will succumb to pressure and marry the first appropriate woman who says yes, regardless of compatibility. Harry knows only too well how badly that can turn out.

Gosh, Rosana, you are surely right about "waiting 10 years for a proposal". That was really narsty, wasn't it? Catherine is not my idea of a perfect person, I just offered her as an example of one who was at least educated. I suppose Chelsy could have been considered educated as well, and now she has, or will have, a law degree.

However, Harry needs someone to shake him hard and make him realize a few basic things, it seems. No one here on RF has the opportunity to do so. Hope he finds someone who can do it. Does not seem to be anyone in the TRF. Yet his Uncle Edward and Aunt Sophie seem to have more "smarts" in that department. Don't suppose he'd listen to Edward and Sophie? Probably not. Edward was considered somewhat of a wimp because he gave up the military to be an arts professional. He seems to have the most respectable marriage partnership in TRF among the "younger" set.

I still don´t get why you suggested Harry admires her. Millions of people get a degree, I find that hardly admirable and have not heard a single word about Harry praising her, I´d rather have read some comments in the opposite direction. But probably 10 was an exaggeration, let´s say it was 7:)

As for Harry, he needs to find someone who is not delighted with the media attention, indifferent if possible, someone who is calm and can give him some advice as to how to handle the press. His PR team, if there is one, is not helping him. He´s sounding too much like William.

I asked this before and never really did get an answer. Is there some sort of a time limit on how long a couple can date before they must get married. I have one brother who asked his wife to marry him on their 3rd date? Was that too short a time? I have another sibling who dated for almost 10 years? is that too long? Both have now been married for almost 40 years so it seems as if it worked out ok. I guess I must have missed the official rules handbook when I first started dating or lost it somewhere along the way.

Las Vegas is a small mistake in Harry's past. Whether that makes him husband material or not doesn't really matter. His future wife will have to accept to he is Harry, a man who has made mistakes and a big amount of them have been made public. Harry will be Harry.

I still don´t get why you suggested Harry admires her. Millions of people get a degree, I find that hardly admirable and have not heard a single word about Harry praising her, I´d rather have read some comments in the opposite direction. But probably 10 was an exaggeration, let´s say it was 7:)
As Harry said is his recent interview, the media knows nothing about his relationship with Kate and the things they write are always wrong. So I doubt these supposed negative comments are accurate.

I asked this before and never really did get an answer. Is there some sort of a time limit on how long a couple can date before they must get married. I have one brother who asked his wife to marry him on their 3rd date? Was that too short a time? I have another sibling who dated for almost 10 years? is that too long? Both have now been married for almost 40 years so it seems as if it worked out ok. I guess I must have missed the official rules handbook when I first started dating or lost it somewhere along the way.
I don't get the time limit thing either. Some people meet and get married immediately, some wait for years. There is no right or wrong, and only those in the relationship can decided what is best for them.

I think once Harry is ready to settle down, he'll find the right woman. Right now he seems to be focused on his career and his royal commitments.

Last edited:
In Harry's recent interview he said no one is just going to jump into that role and its not the first time he has been quoted as saying that. Its an acknowledgement from him that he knows full well that for any woman, deciding to marry him comes with huge consequences and for a great deal of modern young women, those consequences are just too high a price to pay. It could well be that under different circumstances Chelsy Davy may have been made for him... but that young lady had no intention of walking head first into the goldfish bowl that is being a member of the royal family and all that entails. I remember a televised interview that Edward and Sophie did some years ago and he said the most valuable gift anyone can have is their anonymity, something lost to anyone who is a member of the royal family.

So...... who is right for Harry. Apart from the obvious....someone with whom he falls deeply in love and whose love is returned absolutely... what else is essential. First and foremost its not just the candidate herself who would come under completely press scrutiny but she would have to accept that her entire family would also come under constant attention and investigation by the press. That factor alone could eliminate several candidates either from the point of view that the family did not wish to have such intrusion and invasion of privacy, or even more importantly.... the family have far too many skeletons in closets and have no intention of having the family laundry hung out to dry !!

So... scandal free family required with daughter of correct age and personality to attract Prince. She must be independent, fun, kind, and a person who without even trying, "matures" him if you will, makes him grow up and realize, its time to move on to a new phase in life. I would say its also essential that she get on with Kate and Will, as any distinct clash especially with Kate would not be the best formula for happy families.

I can not see it being any of these current crop of blond young hooray henriettas that he is being linked with, the model/actress types are there purely to sew your wild oats with and don't represent WIFE material by any stretch of the imagination !

I do think the VEGAS type situations have to stop with Harry. Had he been 18 when it happened or even 22 or so.... fair enough. Young guy doing what young guys do. But Harry is fast approaching 30 now, and its time to man up a bit and move on mentally ! Perhaps this new phase that he is now entering is the perfect chance to re-assess his life and his options and start making some wise decisions that will create a new foundation to his life.

The woman for Harry has either yet to materialize for him, is a friend he has known for years quietly in the background that just has not come to our attention yet, or of course there is the ready made one for him, that seems to fit the criteria needed, at least on paper, (leaving aside for a moment the need to actually fall in love with each other) Scandal free family, already fully trained up for the role, independent woman trying her best in the real world, pretty, fun, already fully part of the Will/Kate world....and just sitting there waiting for cupid to do it's work.

The woman for Harry has either yet to materialize for him, is a friend he has known for years quietly in the background that just has not come to our attention yet, or of course there is the ready made one for him, that seems to fit the criteria needed, at least on paper, (leaving aside for a moment the need to actually fall in love with each other) Scandal free family, already fully trained up for the role, independent woman trying her best in the real world, pretty, fun, already fully part of the Will/Kate world....and just sitting there waiting for cupid to do it's work.

Well, after he has sown his wild oats he could ask for a cousin's hand - Eugenie or one of the Spencer girls. Then at least the media already knows all about scandals that were.

He should be very careful with a German or Austrian noble girl - bet anyone from here or there has at least one Nazi connection in the past.... Maybe he could ask his distant cousin Joachim's wife Marie to introduce him to some French ladies from her acquaintance?

Last edited:
Well, after he has sown his wild oats he could ask for a cousin's hand - Eugenie or one of the Spencer girls. Then at least the media already knows all about scandals that were.

Isn't hat illegal?
Here in the USA it is illegal in most states to marry a first cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom