A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A young woman who is similar to Ivanka Trump, esp on her work ethic. I think she's a great example to a lot of young women out there. I'm not a huge fan of her Dad but he & Ivana did well when it came to raising their kids.

I think it would be nice if Prince Harry met and married someone who was in the military. If he did, the woman probably wouldn't be a fellow royal or someone who was from the upper crust. Can't really think of any female born into royalty or female in the upper crust who has served in the military, or has made the military a career, so chances are if Prince Harry did marry someone he met in the military she wouldn't be royal and most likely wouldn't be a socialite (military life would be extremely difficult for this type of woman).

The woman that I've known who have served in the military are very down to earth people who are go-getters and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. Most women who are in the military are not snobs which is a good thing.

If Prince Harry did marry someone he met while in the military, it would be interesting if after the marriage, his wife would be allowed to continue being in the military. If they had children, the wife would most likely have to retire from being in the military after it was announced that she was expecting.

If Prince Harry did marry someone he met while in the military, it would be interesting if after the marriage, his wife would be allowed to continue being in the military. If they had children, the wife would most likely have to retire from being in the military after it was announced that she was expecting.

Why do you say she would most likely have to retire from the military? Because of who Harry is? If she were a serving officer, she would not otherwise have to retire. As for her being "allowed" to remain in her job, if he married a fellow officer, why should she not be assumed to be as dedicated to her career as Harry, merely because she is female? If Harry remains in his job, why shouldn't she?

OMG, Flee is getting married! But I loved her.

Not that I knew anything about her, I just loved the name: Florence Brudenell Bruce

Florence Brudenell-Bruce.

Can anyone say that fast 10 times?

Anyone?

Buehler?

Ferris Buehler?

Ferris Broderick-Buehler?

Roslyn what I meant to say is that if Prince Harry's wife was in the military and became pregnant, she most likely would be pressured into retirement or let's just say some people might think that this is what she should do especially if there was a lot of world tension or a major war. I could be totally wrong on this of course.

I don't think if he married someone in the military that she would retire just because she married him. If there were children involved, she might be pressured to do so.

I wonder if Harry has seen the recent photo of Chelsy with new boyfriend at Cape Town Airport? Wonder what he thinks????

when Harry spoke about how he doesn't understand how papers get away with writing what they do, I though of how they deal with any girlfriend he has had.

Not only do they accelerate any relationship to marriage within a nano second, they pull the girl apart - figure, hair, looks, clothes, friends, job and then background. At this point they go after the family. Happened with Chelsy and Cressida. In a nano second. So probably before the family even know that their daughter has had a drink with Harry, their private life is all over the Daily Mail (and others). And its not only the media - its the trolls on the websites; its so called friends earning money to show a picture from 10 years ago at the college dance etc. etc.

What chance has he got? He is going to have the worse time of all because William had 4 protected years from media intrusion until he left university. Harry hasn't had that luxury.

Perhaps Harry could have better success in eluding the media if he took any new female friend to a non-bar situation! It seems the Luxembourgs manage to court their wives without going to bars. Look at the nice ball they had in Luxembourg in honor of one of the Austrian cousins, with dancing (nice pictures), but it was private, not in a bar. And Felix and his girl have been courting at college in Rome, according to reports, and prior to that at sports events rather than drinking parties. I don't know if Harry is intellectual, but he could meet some brainy women through cousins and friends of cousins who are in academia. They would not need to meet in a bar, or if they did meet in a bar or coffee house, it could be in a university town...but of course the media would get wind of that. So parties, private, in friends and relatives homes should be undertaken. When I read descriptions of endless goings on in bars by members of the RF, I think, how do they expect to avoid the media that way? Can't someone throw parties such as the one by the Princess de Ligne at which Stephanie and Guillaume re-invigorated an earlier friendship? (according to reports). Don't these people ever have really private parties in Britain?

Last edited:
That might resolve how he meets them - then what? can't take her out to the theatre or a restaurant, walk in the park, sports match - the press will be after them both.

I'm sure his friends rally round and help to keep things under wraps but it sounds like he needs to be a hermit!

It seems the Luxembourgs manage to court their wives without going to bars. we dont know that and the media frenzy does not exist in Luxembourg.

In the Uk he just has to be seen to talk to a woman and it's a romance. It sounds extreme because it is.

Well, I think he needs to have weekends at royal homes, the way they do at Sandringham, for instance. where eligible ladies can be invited. Where the press cannot get on the grounds. I know, they have telephoto lenses. They should be able to think of something. I know it's extreme, the media situation, Cepe. Here in the US we have such insane tabloid coverage that tonight one of them is having Camilla telling the Queen she's too old and sick to rule, and another one has Catherine and Camilla in a catfight over something, all made up. At least here in America it may be legal to say anything at all?

When Charles was single, they used to do what you suggest - that's how Diana came on the scene via senior royals finding "eligible" ladies. They won't ever do that again.

Maybe William and Catherine will try a hand a match making once things settle down for them.

Speaking of bars - that's where Frederick found Mary, so it's not all bad.

Let me have him, I'll put him on the straight and narrow. He'll be crying in his soup every night lmao.

cepe said:
When Charles was single, they used to do what you suggest - that's how Diana came on the scene via senior royals finding "eligible" ladies. They won't ever do that again.

Maybe William and Catherine will try a hand a match making once things settle down for them.

Speaking of bars - that's where Frederick found Mary, so it's not all bad.

Absolutely. I think the concept of a parade of suitable ladies being presented as possible matches is laughably archaic and really pretty regressive and disgusting.

I think Harry will meet someone in his own way on his own time, and he can take all the time he needs to do it.

Yes, I think cdngirl should have him! :) Henry probably likes Canada better than London anyway.

I wonder if Harry has seen the recent photo of Chelsy with new boyfriend at Cape Town Airport? Wonder what he thinks????

I doubt he cares very much.

Well, I think he needs to have weekends at royal homes, the way they do at Sandringham, for instance. where eligible ladies can be invited. Where the press cannot get on the grounds.

I hear the calls of "arranged marriage" there :whistling:

Thank you AA, I'm glad to see someone on my side.

Sigh Harry, let me say this slowly. I....AM...Senisble. Trust me you won't be sorry. Well...maybe a little bit. After a year you would probably relish some loonytune.

Makes wonder at what kind of person can or is willing to take that on...

Agreed - that prospect of unbridled press attention is going to attract (mostly) people that want the press coverage (narcissists) which, going by what he has said, is not the kinda gal that Harry finds attractive in the long run. And the Firm is not thrilled by the idea of taking on a media magpie either.
That which would attract a person to the consort role is the opposite of what is wanted and needed in the consort role, I think.

And isn't it the big problem here? Henry will most likely have limited access to females who don't like the press attention. They would rightly stay away from him! Chelsy, I guess was the best candidate but unfortunately she couldn't put up with it and his immature antics. I think he may have missed out here...

cdngirl...you make me laugh!

Someone who can deal with a husband in the military, someone who can deal with media attention but not court it, someone with thick enough skin to deal with people gossiping about her, writing things that likely will not be true about herself and her family, able to deal with people commenting on everything she does or does not do and what she wears etc. Basically someone who loves him enough to put up with all the BS that comes with being a royal and yet carry on with both her public and her private life as if none of the other stuff exists.

Not asking for much is it? WHERE IS SHE???

I say, I sure would not be willing to drag my family and friends through it just because I loved someone. And to then have my kids go through it too...Nah, forget it!

Not asking for much is it? WHERE IS SHE???

I say, I sure would not be willing to drag my family and friends through it just because I loved someone. And to then have my kids go through it too...Nah, forget it!

She certainly would have to be smart enough to marry him after
the "in-love" stage passes, and when the bloom is off the rose. Then she'd be able to assess whether she can deal with any of it.

She certainly would have to be smart enough to marry him after
the "in-love" stage passes, and when the bloom is off the rose. Then she'd be able to assess whether she can deal with any of it.

I feel really bad for Harry on that too- because at this point, any woman who enters his life is going to be seriously looked at as his potential wife. At least William had the advantage of meeting Kate when he was very young- it was understandable why a 20 or a 21 year old man would not be thinking about marriage yet. That, combined with the fact that they got to be flatmates before they started dating means he really got to get to know Kate with very little media pressure on the relationship. (Granted, it got really bad for them after they graduated college, particularly for her)

Prince Harry just hasn't found the right woman yet. She's out there, he just hasn't found her although I like Chelsey as a potential wife for him.

cdngirl is up for it, so what the hell is he doing waiting and looking? LOOK NO FURTHER HENRY BOY, SHE IS HERE!!! :))

cdngirl is up for it, so what the hell is he doing waiting and looking? LOOK NO FURTHER HENRY BOY, SHE IS HERE!!! :))

Marry someone from TRF!!!!! What a great idea! We can all go to the wedding. Westminster filled with TRF posters!!!!

I'll buy them a toaster. And some bath towels.

Maybe not a parade of suitable young women vetted by senior royals is for Harry, but meeting on the lam gold diggers in Las Vegas isn't so great either.

I like the idea of Will and Kate fixing him up. That has been done before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom