A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harry were to continue his military career, I don't think he'd have a full diary of royal appointments which would leave his wife with plenty of time to pursue her own career. I was thinking that if it was Chelsy and she wanted to pursue her legal career while married, perhaps she could even join the team of legal eagles that work for the Firm or even for some of the charities that Harry is patron of.

This sounds like some good ideas. The only problem would be the appearance that she is cashing in on her connections. This was one of the most prominent accusations thrown at Sophie and Edward. The royal family having seen the failing at their attempt at mixing the two worlds might make the family reluctant to endorse the plan.

I do hope that some agreement can be worked out. I think it would be a great way to match what appears to be Harry's career plan as Iluvbertie has said.

If Chelsy pursued a legal career that involved defending people who were unpopular or controversial, she probably would not be suitable to be a royal bride in the minds of some people. Or if she had a passion about a certain issue and defended people relating to that issue, the same would be true. Even in a non-controversial legal issue, someone would make it into a controversial issue. Someone would find something as they always do to complain about or make a issue out of something which is a non-issue.

If Chelsy pursued a legal career that involved defending people who were unpopular or controversial, she probably would not be suitable to be a royal bride in the minds of some people. Or if she had a passion about a certain issue and defended people relating to that issue, the same would be true. Even in a non-controversial legal issue, someone would make it into a controversial issue. Someone would find something as they always do to complain about or make a issue out of something which is a non-issue.

Good point about the catch-22 about life in general. I am certain that no matter what the wife does some people will hate it, even if she does just royal duties. Wonder is the same exception would apply if his wife was in the military. I know some people don't think he would marry someone like that but I am just floating a what if.

This sounds like some good ideas. The only problem would be the appearance that she is cashing in on her connections. This was one of the most prominent accusations thrown at Sophie and Edward. The royal family having seen the failing at their attempt at mixing the two worlds might make the family reluctant to endorse the plan.

I do hope that some agreement can be worked out. I think it would be a great way to match what appears to be Harry's career plan as Iluvbertie has said.

As a senior member of the royal family (should she marry Harry), she most likely would be expected to get involved in charities and patronages like the rest of the family. If Harry was to continue in his military career, what better way for Chelsy to contribute than by possibly working for the legal departments of say... Sentebale for example... pro bono.

That would be an amazing contribution I think while also putting her chosen profession to good use. As she'd be donating her service, that would eliminate any negativity over using her position for profit etc.

Just an idea.

Good point about the catch-22 about life in general. I am certain that no matter what the wife does some people will hate it, even if she does just royal duties. Wonder is the same exception would apply if his wife was in the military. I know some people don't think he would marry someone like that but I am just floating a what if.
I am afraid that woman would be hated, and people would say she entered military only to meet him and get married to him...:ermm: just like most people think about Tessy, the wife of Prince Louis of Luxembourg :sad:

I like Chelsy, and I would like them to be together... but if they decide that it's time to end the relationship, then well, I want to see him with someone whom he'd love and who'd love him... no more Princess Diana drama please :sad:

I do not like Chelsy Davy and she does not have the elegance, refinement, and serenity of the Duchess of Cambridge. I do hope that Prince Harry finds somebody in the fullness of time.

Google News is reporting from some source that she's going back to Zimbabwe, as she doesn't want to experience any more "British winter weather."

Isn't it almost summer in the northern hemisphere? Perhaps an English summer is like an African winter.

At any rate, supposedly, they're cooling the relationship off.

As a senior member of the royal family (should she marry Harry), she most likely would be expected to get involved in charities and patronages like the rest of the family. If Harry was to continue in his military career, what better way for Chelsy to contribute than by possibly working for the legal departments of say... Sentebale for example... pro bono.

That would be an amazing contribution I think while also putting her chosen profession to good use. As she'd be donating her service, that would eliminate any negativity over using her position for profit etc.

Just an idea.

It's a very good idea. She wouldn't be criticised for trading on her connections, because it would be her connections (her Husband's charities) that would benifit, along with a good cause, and she wouldn't be criticised for being a "little Wife" because she would be using her education.

It might not happen, but I hope it does.

jemagre said:

Or Chelsey could become a military lawyer if she's interested in that sort of thing.

I personally think it far-fetched that anyone would enter the military just to meet Prince Harry. With the risks involved and all units they could be assigned to, I don't think any rational person would accuse them of that.

I agree with you, Doulton. You've put things quite succinctly.:)

I do not like Chelsy Davy and she does not have the elegance, refinement, and serenity of the Duchess of Cambridge. I do hope that Prince Harry finds somebody in the fullness of time.

I think the story about Tessy Anthony going into the military for the purpose of seeking out Prince Louis to marry him is ridiculous. Their paths crossed when they were in the military just like many other couples. who serve. Many couples who join the military marry someone that they have met while serving. Maybe unusual for a royal to do so (it's only in more modern times that women have a higher profile in the military), but not others.

When you are in the military you don't pick out where you are going to go and who you are going to be with or who you cross paths with. It would be hard for me to imagine a woman joining the military for the purpose of getting together with Prince Henry or another royal whose serving in the military. Even if such a woman met him, there is no guarantee that Prince Henry or any other royal would like them or would be attracted to them.

Being in the military is hard work. I commend those who go into the military because not eveyone is cut out for it.

Last edited:
Well, Harry seems to love kids so it would be great if Chelsy could become involved with some type of human rights organisation with a focus on children. Who in their right mind would attack her for lending her legal expertise to such a noble cause?

Agreed Vita. Can't imagine that people would attack her for lending a hand in matters relating to children. However, someone would find something to criticize her. Sadly, they always do.

I don't know about who he will marry - but I don't see him getting married anytime in the near future. I have to admit I liked him and Charlize Thearon ( I don't know how you spell her name ) together - and on the face of it she sounds perfect because he likes Africa and she is from South Africa originally. But the DM cropped out a man that was in the pictures with her - when you go to Zimbo and look at the actual picture he's not looking at Charlize so much as he is at the man he is talking to.

I think the story about Tessy Anthony going into the military for the purpose of seeking out Prince Louis to marry him is ridiculous. Their paths crossed when they were in the military just like many other couples. who serve. Many couples who join the military marry someone that they have met while serving. Maybe unusual for a royal to do so (it's only in more modern times that women have a higher profile in the military), but not others.

When you are in the military you don't pick out where you are going to go and who you are going to be with or who you cross paths with. It would be hard for me to imagine a woman joining the military for the purpose of getting together with Prince Henry or another royal whose serving in the military. Even if such a woman met him, there is no guarantee that Prince Henry or any other royal would like them or would be attracted to them.

Being in the military is hard work. I commend those who go into the military because not eveyone is cut out for it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was just thinking that it might be considered one of the only viable working options for his wife.

As for the rest of it I almost feel like we should rename this the "is Chelsy suitable to marry Harry thread". It is definitely an issue people feel strongly about one way or another. Unfortunately I don't see a lot of other options I like for him although I will say that am no Chelsy fan if he marries her and he loves her then so be it.

Still, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if they've called it off again.

I honestly don't believe they could make a marriage work, so I hope the story is true.

Chelsy seems to be unsettled, as though she doesn't know what she wants. Perhaps it's not unusual for young women with her wealth to move to one continent, move back home, move away, move back home, etc. It appears that she's the same way in her relationship with Harry. Is Harry ready at this point to make a real commitment, or does he still have party-animal tendencies as far as other women are concerned? I don't see these two settling down to marital bliss. I think that the high drama would continue after their marriage, and that's not good for anybody.

I honestly don't believe they could make a marriage work, so I hope the story is true.

If it's true that Chelsy intends to travel for a while with Melissa Percy, then it looks like her legal career will be placed on hold again.

Melissa Percy? Is she related to Pippas ex?

Still, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if they've called it off again.

Here Here..
My sentiments exactly

I personally don't think Harry and Chelsy should ever get married...I don't know of too many on again/off again relationships that result in successful marriages. Besides, he's third in line to the throne, so it's not like he's obligated to get married if he doesn't want to - not everyone wants to get married you know.

Well well, what's she look like anyone?

I am on my IPad so I don't quite know how to copy and paste but....she used to date Tom van Straubenzee according to the daily mail. If you search Lady Melissa Percy you will find some links that way as well as some pics.

Thank you, it's certainly "keep it in the friend group".

Well well, what's she look like anyone?

She's another blonde, attractive; there's quite a few pictures of her at her sister's wedding (Lady Katie Percy).

An item I read said she was upset over the breakup, and went to Thailand.

(What's in Thailand that everybody goes there?)

I think its cheap and I heard very beautiful in terms of nature, and relaxing.

Mirabel said:
(What's in Thailand that everybody goes there?)

Apparently the jungle embraces you, don't you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom