A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they married, hypothetically, and she came to GB, wouldn't he still be entitled to a position in Sweden? Or would she be forced to give up her title as Princess of Sweden on marriage? I mean Sweden has equal primogeniture, allowing for the husband to take his wife's rank, which usually doesn't happen. Daniel became a Prince of Sweden through his marriage. Would Harry be entitled to be a Prince of Sweden, or only if they married and remained in Sweden and not in the UK?

That's actually not what equal primogeniture means. Equal primogeniture means the eldest child inherits, regardless of gender. It doesn't mean that husbands take their rank from their wives, as that has nothing to do with inheritance. The situation with Daniel was very new, because Sweden hasn't had a female heir to the throne in centuries. I think the last Swedish queen regnant was in the early 1700s. So everything they've done and will do, once Victoria ascends the throne, will be very groundbreaking.

It took me a while to recognize him on that picture actually. He looks older, more mature.

Whoever Prince Harry marries, I would think that the woman that he marries be someone who is kind, respectful of others, likes children and love horses. Someone who is interested in the world and not just her own little world.

Somehow I picture him with a woman who is athletic and doesn't mind or care if once in a while her hair, nails or clothing isn't perfect or isn't afraid to roll up his sleeves to help out others. I don't see him with a woman who doesn't want to get her hair wet in the rain or a woman who doesn't like horses or being outdoors.

I still think Chelsy is a good choice for him even though others don't.

Last edited:
Love the GQ cover. Harry gets more handsome with age.

I'd love to see Harry marry a woman who really loves him for the man he is and not what he has to offer.

He looks a lot like a young Prince Phillip in that cover shot. How people can still insist he's not Charles' kid is beyond me.

And I know I've been out of the royal loop for decades now, so maybe things have changed, but I can't help but think that his girlfriend looks like a...how shall I put? Like a lady of the evening? Can I say that here? :lol:

Any European princesses or countesses or duchesses that could be a match for Harry?

Esmerelda said:
The daughter of the former King and Queen of Greece.

Theodora is the daughter of Constantine II of Greece and Anne Marie of Greece( sister of queen margarethe II) I don't know but could she be a match for Harry or would it be a bad one? Or maybe an a grandchild of crown prince Otto Von Hapsburg or a swed, like a cousin of crown princess Victoria but with no type of royal title.

He looks a lot like a young Prince Phillip in that cover shot. How people can still insist he's not Charles' kid is beyond me.

And I know I've been out of the royal loop for decades now, so maybe things have changed, but I can't help but think that his girlfriend looks like a...how shall I put? Like a lady of the evening? Can I say that here? :lol:
He starts looking more and more like Charles, it's kind of off-puting.

You mean a prostitute? :ROFLMAO:

PrincessMolly said:
They all seem a bit young, only one was not 23. I guess 4 years is not a big deal, it just seems odd they are all that age but 1.

Huh?
Victoria inskip = 27
Astrid Harbord = 28
Hon Sophie Hesketh = 26
Alexandra Cronan = 25

Grandduchess24 said:
Any European princesses or countesses or duchesses that could be a match for Harry?

Oh please no!
I hope the woman Harry marries is not titled. I hope he marries someone with a humble background. Someone who genuinely cares for others and doesn't care what others think of her. IMO that woman is not Chelsy.

PrincessMolly said:
You make it sound like someone with a title can't be that. The royals and many titled people do a lot of good work for people. Holly Branson may have no title, but while heir to the Virgin empire, she is a hard working doctor in pediatric neurology. I doubt we'll see a title, and if there is one it will be local, but I really doubt we'll see some humble background. Kate comes from money, even if common.

When I say humble background I don't mean she has to be poor or she can't be rich. But she should have a background that people can empathize with and which she can know what others are going through. Harry should marry someone who the people will love, someone who knows what it's like to work hard. The humility I'm talking about gives a person warmth and I don't see "warmth" in Chelsy. She seems like a nice girl but I don't see it.

When I say humble background I don't mean she has to be poor or she can't be rich. But she should have a background that people can empathize with and which she can know what others are going through. Harry should marry someone who the people will love, someone who knows what it's like to work hard. The humility I'm talking about gives a person warmth and I don't see "warmth" in Chelsy. She seems like a nice girl but I don't see it.

Harry is able to empathize and understand what the people suffer, yet he is born royal. I just think you generalize far too much. I agree Chelsy doesn't seem right, but such broad generalizations based on her, seem off.

I don't think 23 is too young. Harry's only 26.

I don't think 23 is too young. Harry's only 26.

Harry is nearly 27. And while four years don't make much of a difference later on, at that stage of life they can. It is the difference of someone fresh out of college, or perhaps still in school, just moving into an adult life, and someone like Harry who has had an active military career and done a lot. I know being his age doesn't guarantee being responsible, Chelsy case in point, but I'd think he may have something more lasting in common with someone closer in age to him. A love of horses and going to the same clubs in good, but I think there would be more.

I agree but in a few years the difference would even out.

Chronologically, our dear Harry is old enough to marry; but I hope he waits a good long while to get all the grittiness of him settled. I think he'll be a great catch for a lovely woman when he's about 35 or so. But, as I have said before, he may not be the marrying kind.

Oh please no!
I hope the woman Harry marries is not titled. I hope he marries someone with a humble background. Someone who genuinely cares for others and doesn't care what others think of her. IMO that woman is not Chelsy.

I actually think that describes Chelsy well, probably one of the reasons Harry likes her. But that doesn't mean I think she's the one for him. Although, really, who are we to know who is "the one".

PrincessMolly said:
Harry is nearly 27. And while four years don't make much of a difference later on, at that stage of life they can.

As I pointed out, not all the suggestion were 23 years old.

Personally I expect Harry to marry within two years!
I also think he will choose someone from the circle that he and William have been socializing with- someone used to court circles who will know what to expect.

But time will tell.

Personally I expect Harry to marry within two years!
I also think he will choose someone from the circle that he and William have been socializing with- someone used to court circles who will know what to expect.

But time will tell.

I do think that Harry may want to get married once he sees Wills & Cahterine settled. I hope this does not cause him to rush into a marriage, possibly with Chelsy or anybody else, without giving it the consideration it deserves.

I do think that Harry may want to get married once he sees Wills & Cahterine settled. I hope this does not cause him to rush into a marriage, possibly with Chelsy or anybody else, without giving it the consideration it deserves.

I think that we may see Harry wait till he's well into his 30s before he settles down. The primary reason he will get married in his 30s will be that he wishes to have a family of his own. Perhaps staying single for this amount of time will allow Chelsy her time to pursue her legal career and enjoy it before she feels she wants to settle down and have children also.

Either way, I don't see Harry getting bit by the marriage bug anytime soon.

I think that we may see Harry wait till he's well into his 30s before he settles down. The primary reason he will get married in his 30s will be that he wishes to have a family of his own. Perhaps staying single for this amount of time will allow Chelsy her time to pursue her legal career and enjoy it before she feels she wants to settle down and have children also.

Either way, I don't see Harry getting bit by the marriage bug anytime soon.

I do hope it turns out as you are suggesting. I do think Harry could do with some time in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom