A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it if Harry didn't marry someone who was a member of his own bloodline. I think the days of royals having to intermarry to preserve the sanctity of their family line has long since passed us by. They aren't first cousins or anything, but still.

It wouldn't matter who he married....there'd be a good chance that he was related to them in some way, given you could trace their family history back far enough (for many, that wouldn't really be all that far).

He wouldn't be the first nor the last. There is no blood between the two. Not that I think it would work.

Quite true, however, they are related. They both trace back to John of Gaunt.

I think Harry might meet a military lady at some stage.

He is obviously a very personable guy, and a female Major or Lieutenant might catch his eye...

Maybe a lieutenant, but a major?? By the time most women career officers hit major, they'd be old enough to be Harry's mother, or big sister at least. Not too many majors (men or women) in their early to mid 20's, not unless they're exceptional and there has been a promotional pathway open to them.

And we know this how?
I am obviously missing the elephant in the room!

I would really appreciate the name of the aforementioned elephant!

Fred

Harry is what, still only a third of the way through his Apache Helicopter Conversion course?......As to the influence of the paparazzi . . . . . . the less said the better. Soooo . . . . . . .

Perfect antidote for the paparazzi, Harry's chopper training. Nothing beats a paparazzi better than a hellfire missile shot up the rear end :eek::D:p

Or a few slugs of 30mm....a "lead diet" to slow them down a bit:D

I really don't think Harry would marry a cousin, no matter how distant. It still has a weird stigma attached to it... And Harry can pretty much have any girl he wants-- more or less-- so why would he choose a cousin to marry?

If that's the case, Harry had better go find himself a nice African or Asian girl to marry, because if he doesn't marry a cousin, no matter how distant, that'll exclude the vast majority of eligible woman in the UK and Europe. For instance would he marry an 18th cousin, because there's a great deal of them walking around, and not just in the UK.

In actual fact, if marrying a distant cousin carried that big a stigma, no one would get married. Too close a cousin, yes, but not two people who's last common ancestor was 200 or more years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a lieutenant, but a major?? By the time most women career officers hit major, they'd be old enough to be Harry's mother, or big sister at least. Not too many majors (men or women) in their early to mid 20's, not unless they're exceptional and there has been a promotional pathway open to them.

Depends how old he is when he gets married :lol:

Quite true, however, they are related. They both trace back to John of Gaunt.

There are tons of people related to John of Gaunt. But in this instance I believe the relation is a little closer than going back that far.

Everyone in the world are pretty much distant distant … cousins. Most people don’t even know their distant cousins unless they are really into geneaolgoy. Like William and Kate probably didn’t know they had a common ancestor. Sarah Palin probably didn't know she was distantly related to Princess Diana until some geneolgiers traced her family way back and found a common ancestor between the two.

There are tons of people related to John of Gaunt. But in this instance I believe the relation is a little closer than going back that far.

It is, however I took it back to the next common royal denominator, so to speak:)

Ann Gascoigne....the wife of Sir Thomas Fairfax (1475-1520) is the common ancestor of direct royal descent. They're 15th cousins along this particular line.

You can also take the line back through Lionel of Antwerp as well (John's older brother). There are a number of paths back to Edward III.

How about;
Princess Elizabeth of Thurn und Taxis, Lady Eloise Anson, The Hon Alexandra Knatchbull?
I am watching the Wives for William program and getting ideas.

How about;
Princess Elizabeth of Thurn und Taxis, Lady Eloise Anson, The Hon Alexandra Knatchbull?
I am watching the Wives for William program and getting ideas.
I also liked Alexandra as a good match,but then think that she is too serious for him

Well, if he was 30, the major would be in her mid to late 50's:p:D

I don't understand this.

Most people make major in their 30s or early 40s. So if Harry married someone in the military in his 30s he would probably be a major himself so would be marrying someone of equal rank and similar age.

If he does marry a military woman, would she have to give up her career? It would be a bit unfair if he was allowed to keep his.

Thats a good question. It is not like she would be working for a PR firm like Sophie was. Then again I think it would depend on the nationality of the girl he was marrying. I think if she were from the UK then it would be okay. On the other hand if she were American probably not. Then again the public reportedly wants a smaller family so who knows what they may think.

If he does marry a military woman, would she have to give up her career? It would be a bit unfair if he was allowed to keep his.

It would depend on what her job was, for instance if his wife was sent to the Afghanistan, she might not be allowed. :ermm:

I agree. So then their will be fresh debate about all of that. For all we know though she could serve there or in another war zone prior to her marriage.

I don't understand this.

Most people make major in their 30s or early 40s. So if Harry married someone in the military in his 30s he would probably be a major himself so would be marrying someone of equal rank and similar age.
Not necessarily. It depends on many factors: If they see action, how long and well they serve, what branch of the military they serve in. What their job is. I know officers who are well into their 30's and are still Sgt.s
However, I don't get the impression Harry would go the military route.

However, I don't get the impression Harry would go the military route.

I agree (not that I know him of course!) I could perhaps see him dating/marrying a relative of a fellow officer, someone from a military family like the sister of someone he served with or daughter of someone he trained with etc. But that is complete & utter speculation/imagination on my part. I mostly see him meeting girls in bars, polo matches & society types, lol!

I don't understand this.

If he had his eye on a major now....by the time he turned 30 or so, she would be going on 50 or so.

You'll usually find that despite all the talk about equality between men and women in the armed forces, it's the men that get most the plum jobs and earlier promotions. Many of the women that make major are older than their male counterparts and usually stay at that rank for longer.

Harry would be better off "nabbing" a lieutenant or a young captain in the next few years. He won't stay a lieutenant for very long. That way he'll find someone around his own age or maybe a tad older. An older lady might just keep him on the level, curb some of his more boyish ways:)

Veering in another direction...

We've seen that William really feels comfortable with Kate's family, probably because they have a nice, cozy home life that he didn't have. Is it likely that Harry will be attracted to someone like that?

On the other hand he could like someone who comes from a crazy family like the royals. They would certain know how to cope with each others families.

On the other hand he could like someone who comes from a crazy family like the royals. They would certain know how to cope with each others families.

Why do you say the royal family is crazy?

Definition of crazy = Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns.

How do the royals fit into that category?

Harry has spent time with several women in show business, including this one-

Report: Prince Harry Hooked Up With D.C. ‘Real Housewife’? - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News

There was also Caroline Flack and Natalie Pinkham as well as Natalie Imbruglia.

Still I think he has been attracted to several other women, such as Gemma in PR and quite possibly girls in the Army.

I'm sorry but if Harry "hit" that..then he's not very picky! I mean hell, we all could have a shot at him.:huh:

Definition of crazy = Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns.

How do the royals fit into that category?
I thought the definition was performing the same task over and over and expecting a different result?

I don't know much about these women. Do they have a reputation for acting or being crazy?

Why do you say the royal family is crazy?

Just a joke. Lighten up...I meant that the press and the royals expect future wives to come from pristine backgrounds when they themselves don't

Just a joke. Lighten up...I meant that the press and the royals expect future wives to come from pristine backgrounds when they themselves don't

I don't see anything funny in describing a family as crazy.

If you had meant what you now say you mean I think you should have said that as I doubt that too many people would have gained that meaning from saying the family is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom