07-31-2021, 06:18 AM
Due to the constant closures of the Sussex threads up until this point, the moderating team have made the decision to change how we will be facilitating Sussex-related discussions moving forward.
The Sussex News thread will remain closed until a new piece of information or news is published. The thread will then be opened by a moderator, and the thread will remain open for a period of 48hrs for discussion on the news only. Once the 48hr period has ended, the thread will return to its previous closed status.
Should the thread descend into bickering, personal attacks or off-topic commentary during that 48hr period, it will be closed immediately and reset to waiting for a new piece of information/news.
When a new piece of information or news comes through, please PM the entire British Moderating Team who will open the thread for posting.
The negative atmosphere in previous Sussex threads was caused by endless repetitive discussions on things which happened up to four years ago, the Sussex couple's exit from the BRF, over-analysis of their behaviour, and arguments back and forth between those who like and those who dislike the Sussexes. Some lines of discussion were like a dog with a bone, no-one willing to let go of the fight, to the detriment of the thread.
To be brutally honest, these threads were not pleasant to read and the behaviour exhibited childlike. That posters felt themselves above the rules and routinely ignored moderator direction further emphasised this.
As such, the following aspects are considered off-topic going forward:
- Rehashing of events from 2017-2021, unless DIRECTLY relevant to the new information
- Unsubstantiated gossip, rumour, speculation, hearsay and innuendo. Social media is not a source. All new information must be accompanied by a link to a media outlet.
- Debates over titles or stripping of titles
- Accusations or inference of racism towards the subject, other members or the media
- Aggressive, sarcastic or disruptive tones
- Agenda-driven posts or posts deemed to have intent to disrupt the thread
- Bickering, arguing or back-and-forth discussions to the exclusion of others
- Post that otherwise add nothing of merit, interest or benefit to the discussion
Those who do not comply with these new rules will be suspended, and then banned from TRF if they repeat offend.
These rules apply to ALL Sussex-related threads.