What title would Marie Cavallier get?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
I just wondered: Which title would Marie Cavallier get if she marries Prince Joachim?
Would she be called "Her Royal Highness Princess Marie" or "Her Highness Princess Marie".. or maybe she would recieve the title "Duchess"?
I just wondered about this because Marie would be the second wife of Joachim if they'd decided to marry...

And there's another question: would they marry in church with Royal guests and the whole Royal "pomp"? In a way I cannot really imagine . ;)

Interesting questions, but we should waite until they will be official engage.

As a wife os a HRH Prince she probably will be a HRH Princess Joachim. But all depend of the Queen if she approve the possible future mariage.

Last edited:
I'd expect her to get the HRH title, just as Alex did, regardless of being the second wife. But I'd expect their wedding to be a bit low key, especially if it's not in a church (which would be the case IMO) :neutral:

HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

magnik said:
Interesting questions, but we should waite until they will be official engage.

As a wife os a HRH Prince she probably will be a HRH Princess Joachim. But all depend of the Queen if she approve the possible future mariage.

The same style as Alexandra before her and as Mary now. The British style 'Princess Joachim' is no longer used in the reigning Houses, with the notable exception of Britain.

Duke of Marmalade said:
I'd expect her to get the HRH title, just as Alex did, regardless of being the second wife. But I'd expect their wedding to be a bit low key, especially if it's not in a church (which would be the case IMO) :neutral:
Oh thats a shame I would love to see a State Wedding, as it will be Marie's first and every bride is a Princess on her special day. And lets face it, Denmark does a wonderful job with all the pomp and glitter. It would also help their industry, tourists ... just think of the revenue that would be brought into this small, safe, and charming country from hotels, restaurants, etc. I do hope Denmark will go all out to welcome a new Princess, " if " they get engaged, which I think they will.

lyndaW said:
And lets face it, Denmark does a wonderful job with all the pomp and glitter. It would also help their industry, tourists ...

Do you really believe that the fact that Denmark or Sweden or Norway or the Netherlands or Belgium or Japan or Spain are ruled by a monarch, does attract extra tourists?

And who says these tourists would not have visited Legoland or Tivoli Gardens or walking on Strøget Street or visiting the Nationalmuseet or enjoy a ballet in the Opera, if there was no royal but a presidential palace in Copenhagen?

And who says Sweden has sold more Volvo Cars or IKEA furnitures because there is a King living at Drottningholm Palace? Would Nokia (from republican Finland) have been more succesfull in Norway, Denmark or Sweden???

:flowers:

If they wil marry some day I think that could be smth like Martha-Luise's wedding.

Ok. do you think that she will recive any tiara like Alex and Mary?

Sorry, but the Danish princes needs a goverment's agreement for the marriage?

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Do you really believe that the fact that Denmark or Sweden or Norway or the Netherlands or Belgium or Japan or Spain are ruled by a monarch, does attract extra tourists? :flowers:

I believe in Britain this is certainly the case but it's one of the oldest, most popular and most settled monarchies - just watch the legions of tourists in front of Buckingham Palace every day.

In other countries such as Denmark or Spain it might be the case but more indirect. Kings and Queens are ambassadors of their countries and maybe they have their share in making their countries popular and, as a consequence, getting them into in people's minds as a potential travel destination. But of course it helps if you are a tourist who is interested in Royalty :flowers:

Duke of Marmalade said:
I believe in Britain this is certainly the case but it's one of the oldest, most popular and most settled monarchies - just watch the legions of tourists in front of Buckingham Palace every day.

In other countries such as Denmark or Spain it might be the case but more indirect. Kings and Queens are ambassadors of their countries and maybe they have their share in making their countries popular and, as a consequence, getting them into in people's minds as a potential travel destination. But of course it helps if you are a tourist who is interested in Royalty :flowers:

The legions of tourists would not show up in London to see the changing of the same bearskin Guards in front of Buckingham Palace, the residence of the President?

What about the masses of tourists in front of the Louvre, the former royal palace in Paris? Or the masses who see the traditional Greek guards with their remarkable white 'dresses' and 'maillots' would have been bigger if King Constantine was in the palace instead of the Greek president?

I respectfully dare to doubt it.

magnik said:
Anybody in line to the Danish throne require the permission of the monarch to marry. The Lex Regia (King's Law) from 1665 states that no prince may marry, journey out of Denmark or serve a foreign master, without the consent of the monarch.

Marriage without the consent result in loss of the royal title.

So she would be an HRH? If so, that's good and fair. I suppose any children they had together would be HH, like Nikolai and Felix, but I may be wrong.

They could still get married at a church, just not a state wedding. They could have photographers and t.v. crews there, but I think the primary guests would be family and friends, instead of royalty and heads of state.

I hope she will be a Royal Higness and a Princess, and that their children will be simply Highnesses.

If they do get married anyway, I'm sure the'll go for two kids, not more .. :flowers:

magnik said:
If they wil marry some day I think that could be smth like Martha-Luise's wedding.

Ok. do you think that she will recive any tiara like Alex and Mary?

Those in line of suceession need the permission of the Monarch given in the Council of State to marry.

acdc1 said:
So she would be an HRH? If so, that's good and fair. I suppose any children they had together would be HH, like Nikolai and Felix, but I may be wrong.

They could still get married at a church, just not a state wedding. They could have photographers and t.v. crews there, but I think the primary guests would be family and friends, instead of royalty and heads of state.

Yes any children would be HH as only the children of the Monarch and the Heir ot the throne are HRH in Denmark. I think they will marry in chruch but it will probably a smaller Wedding than his first Wedding to Alexandra where they had around 300 guest if my memory serves right. I think that the would probably use Fredensborg Slotkirke as it would look strange if he would marry in Frederiksborg Slotkirike (where his first marriage took place) and porbably also not a bigger Church in Copenhagen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henri M. said:
The legions of tourists would not show up in London to see the changing of the same bearskin Guards in front of Buckingham Palace, the residence of the President?

What about the masses of tourists in front of the Louvre, the former royal palace in Paris? Or the masses who see the traditional Greek guards with their remarkable white 'dresses' and 'maillots' would have been bigger if King Constantine was in the palace instead of the Greek president?

I respectfully dare to doubt it.

It's a bit off topic so just a short remark :) In case of London I strongly believe that. If you look at a tourist guide more than half of the content is somehow related to the Royal Family due to their long history and influence on the city. The "London" shops are full of postcards or other "souvenirs" of the Royal Family - and the tourists just love it. Especially Americans or people from Asia are attracted by the monarchy or the popularity of the Royal Family as there is nothing like that in their countries' history ... but I agree that the effect of other monarchies might be much less strong in comparison to Britain.

Stefan said:
Yes any children would be HH as only the children of the Monarch and the Heir ot the throne are HRH in Denmark. I think they will marry in chruch but it will probably a smaller Wedding than his first Wedding to Alexandra where they had around 300 guest if my memory serves right. I think that the would probably use Fredensborg Slotkirke as it would look strange if he would marry in Frederiksborg Slotkirike (where his first marriage took place) and porbably also not a bigger Church in Copenhagen.

I believe they are protestants so are they allowed to be married in church (Joachim to be re-married)? I know catholics don't allow but I am not sure about protestants. If not, would be sad for Marie as it's her first marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke of Marmalade said:
I believe they are protestants so are they allowed to be married in church (Joachim to be re-married)? I know catholics don't allow but I am not sure about protestants. If not, would be sad for Marie as it's her first marriage.

I think the danish protestant Church allows for remarriage in Church. Alexandra married also 2 times in Church.

Thanks to all for response:flowers:

If they would marry without consent of the King (or Queen) given in the Council of State,what would be their title - next Counts of Rosenborg?

magnik said:
Thanks to all for response:flowers:

If they would marry without consent of the King (or Queen) given in the Council of State,what would be their title - next Counts of Rosenborg?
Most likely Count and Countess of Rosenborg. I say most likely because the situation where a son of the monarch marries without the monarch's consent hasn't happened in modern times, as far as I'm aware - all the other Counts of Rosenborg were nephews/grandchildren of the monarch, and there were no children from a previous marriage involved. All this, as far as I know. If there are anybody who knows differently, feel free to correct me.

Princes of Denmark who were created Counts of Rosenborg
Prince Aage (1914) son of Prince Valdemar and Grandson of Christian IX
Prince Erik (1924) son of Prince Valdemar and Grandson of Christian IX
Prince Viggo (1924) son of Prince Valdemar and Grandson of Christian IX (Referred to as Prince Viggo, and his wife was referred to as Princess Viggo)
Prince Flemming (1949) Son of Prince Axel, grandson of Prince Valdemar
Prince Oluf (1948) Son of Prince Harald
Prince Ingolf (1968) Son of Hereditary Prince Knud
Prince Christian (1971) Son of Hereditary Prince Knud.

Henri M. said:
Do you really believe that the fact that Denmark or Sweden or Norway or the Netherlands or Belgium or Japan or Spain are ruled by a monarch, does attract extra tourists?

And who says these tourists would not have visited Legoland or Tivoli Gardens or walking on Strøget Street or visiting the Nationalmuseet or enjoy a ballet in the Opera, if there was no royal but a presidential palace in Copenhagen?

And who says Sweden has sold more Volvo Cars or IKEA furnitures because there is a King living at Drottningholm Palace? Would Nokia (from republican Finland) have been more succesfull in Norway, Denmark or Sweden???

I always have had a faible for Scandinavian design but I noticed that I'M much more interested in Danish design (and bought quite some things from Denmark for my new home) since I became interested in princess Mary.

Personally, I think that Marie would become HRH Princess Marie upon marriage to Prince Joachim, just as Alexandra was :flowers: and their children would be HH Prince/ss ... like Nikolai and Felix.

As for their wedding, I agree with whoever said that they would marry in the Fredensborg Slotkirke :)

I think Marie should be HRH if she and Joachim marry and since this would be her first wedding I think it should happen in a church.

i hope the queen grants her a "her royal highness" style and the title of princess. apparently, if so happens she will be known as princess marie agnethe, which is her second name, just as it happened with mary (princess mary elizabeth). it may as well be to avoid confusion as having two princesses with the same name may confuse the danes.

i hope they announce an engagement soon...

I think it would be unfair for Marie's first wedding to be low key. I hope she has the wedding that SHE wants and not something entirely imposed on her because she's the second wife. I think as long as the family approves, she will become HRH.

Is Agnethe her middle name?

Regarding tourism, I know that I would not have become interested in visiting Danemark were it not for the love story of Fred and Mary, so while no one is suggesting that tourism depends upon the Monarchy, it certainly inspires certain people to visit who wouldn't have visited otherwise.

BurberryBrit said:
I think it would be unfair for Marie's first wedding to be low key. I hope she has the wedding that SHE wants and not something entirely imposed on her because she's the second wife. I think as long as the family approves, she will become HRH.

I agree

BurberryBrit said:
Is Agnethe her middle name?

Yes it is

BurberryBrit said:
Regarding tourism, I know that I would not have become interested in visiting Danemark were it not for the love story of Fred and Mary, so while no one is suggesting that tourism depends upon the Monarchy, it certainly inspires certain people to visit who wouldn't have visited otherwise.

Same here, I visited Denmark because of them :flowers:

BurberryBrit said:
Agnethe even sounds Danish to me. I wonder if it's a common Danis name?

Yes, it has a Danish ending:

Margaret = Margrethe
Greta = Grethe
Agneta = Agnethe

Larzen said:
Nice guess but this blog is hardly an official source for anything even if they have nice pictures.

Both Mary and Alexandra has two names and are always reffered to just by the first one.

If they get engaged, it will probably be (one of the first questions) asked by the journalists to the couple. Untill then, it's just a guess.

If they are going to be man and wife i honnesly think that we her in Denmark are going to have HRH Princess Marie of Denmark.

I also think she will recive a tiara from Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik but i don´t know wich one she will recive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom