Princess Marie is Pregnant with Second Child: Due January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s the last sentences, I´m talking about. She´s revealing that they will have a prince, when asked about the rumors about that it´s a princess, she answers: "That´s a lie. Or rather - I do not know."
She just talks too much.

I think when she said "it's a lie", meaning it is not true that they knew about the gender of the baby, not that it's a lie that the baby is a girl.

It´s the last sentences, I´m talking about. She´s revealing that they will have a prince, when asked about the rumors about that it´s a princess, she answers: "That´s a lie. Or rather - I do not know."
She just talks too much.

Come on, you´re kidding right? You must need to read the entire phrase.

Saying "that's a lie" is a very strong accusatory phrase in English. Saying "that's not true", is MUCH softer. Is that how it would seem in Danish, the second translation?

Please also remember that Google Translator is a computer program and does not take into consideration multiple translations of a phrase. I think Princess Marie was trying to say that the reports are not true. Reading into that statement is a fruitless exercise - she's been a Princess of Denmark for many years now...she knows how to handle the media.

Please also remember that Google Translator is a computer program and does not take into consideration multiple translations of a phrase. I think Princess Marie was trying to say that the reports are not true. Reading into that statement is a fruitless exercise - she's been a Princess of Denmark for many years now...she knows how to handle the media.

FasterB is Danish though, so no need for Google Translate...

Perhaps we should have a full view of what our Marie is quoted for saying in the last two magazine issues of Billed Bladet.
In issue #35. Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

The news was broken to the family at Gråsten: "It was really nice/well. Prince Joachim and I were so happy and all of the others were really happy. Of course they were, because it's good news".

The journalist then referred to what Joachim has said about not minding having a daughter and I qoute the text:
- There has been some talk about the Princess expecting a girl. And Prince Joachim has in a TV interview not hidden the fact that it would suit him fine with a daughter after having had three sons so far. Marie was however quite direct in her reply, when Billed Bladet asked whether there is any truth to the rumours.
Marie: "That's a lie. Or rather... I don't know. I have no idea whether we will have a girl or a boy", it came out/was the reply with a little wonder/amazement (as in being pussled) from an otherwise smiling Marie.

These words came when Marie left Southern Danish University where she gave a speech and she added about the challenges with the language: "The Danes are incredibly forthcoming and pleasant and most Danes speak good English. And believe me - that's a big advantage. It was a big help for me in the beginning of my life in Denmark. To be honest I must say that the Danish language is a pretty big handful. It has taken me a couple of years and a lot of hard work to completely understand and speak it. And I still make quite a number of mistakes".

Ulrik Ulriksen observed that Marie appear to be affected to some degree by the pregnancy. She had to go to the ladies room to powder her nose, upon arriving at the university and again an hour later.

About her pregancy from issue #35. Interviewer: Henrik Salling.

- "I'm very happy. I'm really well and everything is good".
- "The morning sickness from the first three months is gone and I'm really well. It will always be something new, and it'll never become routine to be pregnant".

- "I have of course told the whole family". (The DRF at Gråsten as we know now).

Q: What did your mother-in-law, the Queen, say about the good news?
- "She was also very happy. The little new one will be the Queen and Prince Consort's eight grandchild. A number which there incidentally is a little story attached to". (See one of the previous posts).

Q: Your husband has already said he would like a little girl?
- "What is my husband saying"? (Perhaps it should be: ?!?)
- "Whether it will be a boy or a girl is not that important as long as the child is healthy and flawless (as in no handicaps. M. is using an extremely common phrase), we're happy. But a girl would be nice".

Q: Will there be more children?
- "Time will tell".

Last edited:
Come on, you´re kidding right? You must need to read the entire phrase.
I have read the entire article in danish (as I´m danish, you know). And I still think she talks to much.
Saying "that's a lie" is a very strong accusatory phrase in English. Saying "that's not true", is MUCH softer. Is that how it would seem in Danish, the second translation?
No, Pss Marie IS saying "That´s a lie", so it´s the first translation.

I have read the entire article in danish (as I´m danish, you know). And I still think she talks to much.

Thank you for answering my question (as a Dane)> I agree with you 110 percent!

Thank you for answering my question (as a Dane)> I agree with you 110 percent!
Thanks :flowers: I just realised that I did like JFK "I´m a berliner" and a "berliner" is a sort of pastry in DK :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO: So I´m also a sort of pastry/danish :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

I was wondering about that 'lie'-statement too :ermm:! It's so out of the
ordinary for a royal that even a BB-reporter could not have made it up! Maybe Princess Marie should clear their public comments with her husband. Maybe they're too busy speaking French behind palace walls and don't find it necessary to discuss their Danish press comments -preferably in Danish, in order to avoid misunderstandings!

I'd be very surprised if it isn't a girl! Reminds me of the time when Alexandra was expecting Nikolaj: Prince Joachim was barking on about wanting a boy, and he's smart enough to know that it would be silly to do so had the gender not been determined.

viv

I was wondering about that 'lie'-statement too :ermm:! It's so out of the ordinary for a royal that even a BB-reporter could not have made it up!
Maybe Princess Marie should clear their public comments with her husband. Maybe they're too busy speaking French behind palace walls and don't find it necessary to discuss their Danish press comments -preferably in Danish, in order to avoid misunderstandings!
That´s my thoughts too, they are talking too much french and perhaps she still isn´t used to the mediagame. :ermm:

I'd be very surprised if it isn't a girl! Reminds me of the time when Alexandra was expecting Nikolaj: Prince Joachim was barking on about wanting a boy, and he's smart enough to know that it would be silly to do so had the gender not been determined.

viv
I can´t remember that, but I agree that he shouldn´t go around and talking about wanting a girl... BTW, didn´t he do that (talking about wanting a girl) when they were expecting Felix and Henrik? :ermm:

BTW, didn´t he do that (talking about wanting a girl) when they were expecting Felix and Henrik? :ermm:

Now it's my turn not to remember..:), but I do remember his comments before Nikolaj's birth, about being oldfahioned and wanting an heir to the estate etcetera etcetera..OK maybe there was a touch of humour to it, but the general idea was pretty clear: He wanted a boy!
IMO he'd be downright silly to say that publicly unless he knew that he was going to have a son.

viv

You have the right to have your own opinion.
But i think that she talks so much as other royals do.
No big deal!

There's no point in speculating about whether the father wants a boy or a girl.
So many expectant dads start off by preferring a boy ("I can take him to play football") and end up completely besotted with a baby daughter.

You have the right to have your own opinion.
But i think that she talks so much as other royals do.
No big deal!

I agree with you. I don't think it's a big deal either. Marie isn't a native after all. From what I've heard she's doing fine in Danish, but I don't expect her to be perfect yet. Furthermore "a lie" could have been said rather jokingly. However, I don't think she's talking too much if she gives a brief interview about her pregnancy. :huh:

She just talks too much.
you see a lot of movies dont you? you are making a drama in that interview

Perhaps the child will be the jubilee child of Queen Margrethe. But, who knows?

Perhaps the child will be the jubilee child of Queen Margrethe. But, who knows?

In the official announcement the birth was said to take place at the end of January 2012
For me the end of January is around January 25th.
That could be her due date.
Everything between half of January and half of February would be fine:flowers:

I'm not so sure....Mary was due with the twins in mid-February and they were born January 8th. So "at the end of January" could mean late December to early January.

I learned that the second and further children will be born earlier than the calculated date.

I think the royal houses give the due date given by the doctor, many women do deliver earlier or later than the due date. The house can't give us an exact day because nobody knows.

I'm not so sure....Mary was due with the twins in mid-February and they were born January 8th. So "at the end of January" could mean late December to early January.

Mary's due date was mentioned January by the royal house.

Court announced approximate date but I think we will see baby earlier. It would be nicer surprise than waiting to February for birth. Press would wouldn't give rest to M&J and would follow their every step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom