Princess Marie, Current Events Part 2: June 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Arms of Princess Marie

Welcome to Princess Marie's
Current Events, Part 2

Commencing June 6, 2016

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Thanks, Polyesco. :)

I think this sort of events suits our Marie very well. They are events where her easy-going, talkative and bubbly personality are perfect traits.

- And she gets a lot of free food... :p

Thanks, Polyesco :flowers:

Our Marie appears to very dedicated to the few protections she has.
She is all over the place in regards to Southern Jutland University and she's also often at Odense University Hospital.

:previous: Indeed, very cute. :lol:

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

A delightful BB video of our Marie and not least her interaction with the four year old flowergirl, Silje, whom I suspect is closer to being three than being five. VIDEO: 4-årige Silje smeltede prinsesse Maries hjerte | BILLED-BLADET
Silje is one of the patients at the hospital.

And that's pretty good footwork at the end, considering she's wearing high heels.

Thanks Iceflower & Eya.

People have at regular intervals a tendency to go completely ga-ga over those vases and be willing to pay way over-inflated prices for them. It's a lemming-effect!

Personally I find Kähler vases hideous. Though they are well suited for shooting galleries. :D

I'd never heard of Kähler vases, so I looked them up... I think they're lovely - so thanks for mentioning them Muhler, even though it was with a different feeling from your side! :flowers:

:) no, no, no, I'm delighted whenever we are presented with such a thing. I merely have a tendency to have slippery hands when I hold the vases... :innocent:

And they look so decorative behind the door. :D

My parents owns a couple of the Kähler vases from the 1940´es and forward. My father´s side of the family is from Næstved, where Kähler was founded and is located :) Those vases has personality and are an artpiece in itself. The vases with the stripes from these days has zero personality and is just - a vase ...

My parents owns a couple of the Kähler vases from the 1940´es and forward. My father´s side of the family is from Næstved, where Kähler was founded and is located :) Those vases has personality and are an artpiece in itself. The vases with the stripes from these days has zero personality and is just - a vase ...

Indeed. Not even a vase - merely pieces of burned clay decorated by a stripe-fixated chimp. :p

Today our Marie visited a state school in Roskilde, in connection with her involvement in the Civil Defense.
Prinsesse Marie mødt af flag og glade børn i Roskilde | BILLED-BLADET

All over DK some 500 schools have a theme week about fire-prevention and how to put out fire and what to do, in case of fire.
This campaign is aimed at 4th and 5th graders.
And this is where the Civil Defense comes in.
They have previously launched a campaign among elderly for setting up smoke alarms in private homes and urge them not to smoke in bed.

Each year a number of especially elderly die in bed because the bed-linen caught fire. - I believe that number is dropping.

Research has shown that children who become aware of fire safety are also aware when they are adults.

Thanks Eya & Iceflower :flowers:

A funny video.

This was a class of 1st graders, who along with their teachers drilled in how to remember calling the emergency services (112).

but our Marie also asked questions. One was how to move around if there is fire in your home. - A forest of fingers went up and a pupil explained that you crawled along the floor, because smoke goes up.

Marie's Danish was as usual simple but perfect and very easy to understand and with hardly any accent.

A lovely event today. I like the events of Marie with the civil defense. a good role model

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

I see Marie brought an adjutant with her on the occasion, which is only proper.

This is very much appreciated I'm sure, because there is a tendency for the military and police to run with the attention in this regards, while firefighters and other rescuers also run a risk - and indeed die - from time to time.

Holmens Kirke, the Naval Church is I believe the closest thing we have to an official DRF church and a church for the uniformed branches we have here in DK.

Back
Top Bottom