The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Majesty

I received an answer of the Person in Charge of the Légion d' Honneur.
She will transmit my mail to the person in Charge on the Attribution of the Order out of France.
To me the Princess is Officier and not Grand Officier.
If they did a mistake it is bad for Princess Marie and bad for the Order of the légion d' Honneur.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Prss Marie. A wonderful honour to have earnt from her native country. And it looks good too. (seen on another site.)
But someone is not doing their job properly. We here on the forums should not have to be guessing the where's and why's about this important event for the princess. The palace press release should have been full of information about the event. So saving us the trouble of speculation.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Tarlita
But someone is not doing their job properly. We here on the forums should not have to be guessing the where's and why's about this important event for the princess. The palace press release should have been full of information about the event. So saving us the trouble of speculation.
The DRF's website, gallery section and also the pages on Princess Marie, gives the information that Marie received the order ”Grand Officier dans l’Ordre de la Légion d’Honneur". So if people are speculating it's not because there is no information, it's because they just can't believe it's true.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I believe that royals get all kinds of honours because of who they are - they attract attention to the award - I have no idea if Marie deserved what she was awarded but I am pretty sure that she wouldn't have been there if she wasn't Princess Marie of Denmark.
But its ok, like with all awards you need public people to carry the torch.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #16, 2017.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Our Marie was honored with the Grand Officier dans l'Ordre de la Légion d'Honneur at the French embassy.
Around 100 guests were invited, some of them close friends of the DRF, as well as Marie's family. Her father Alain Cavallier, who could not keep back his tears. Her mother, Francoise Grassiot. Her brothers, Charles and Eduard Cavallier and Raymond Patenotre with wife.
PH and Joachim were also there.

It was the French ambassador, Francois Zimeray, who presented the order.
The French ambassador has in recent years become a familiar face to the Danes, partly due to the recurring terror attacks in France, but also because he has turned the French embassy very much into a cultural hub, very much promoting French culture.

The ambassador said in his speech: "The Legion of Honour, the highest order of France is awarded to Your Royal Highness and through You the whole royal family.
But first and foremost it marks Your personal merits. It's a testament to Frances deep devotion for Your family and for Denmark. As You know our countries have a thousand years of history in common (*), a community of values and commitment, which You in such a unique way personify and make immeasurably present".

Marie also gave a speech: "It's a great honor for me and I'd like to share it with all those I work with and who support me in the day to day life. My husband, my family, my associates, my protections and the persons who surround me. This, being decorated by the country of my birth France - in Denmark, the country to which I have lost me heart, is for me both moving and an expression for esteem and friendship".

PH has previously been awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Legion of Honour.

(*) Yes, Danish Vikings raided Paris in the mid-800's and the province of Normandy was settled predominantly by Danish Vikings - to fend off other Vikings.
Normandy and Eastern England was settled (with more or less reluctance from the locals...) by Danes.
Ireland, Scotland, Iceland and as far as Canada was settled mostly by Norwegians while Swedes went east to form Rusland later Russia and moving on as far as Constantinople and Northern Persia.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prinsesse Marie jubler over helt særlig gave - se den her | BILLED-BLADET

Another look at the new portrait of our Marie here.

It delighted her and it's supposed to hang in J&M's home.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Today, August 2nd, Princess Marie paid a visit to the summer camp of the Academy of Talentful Youth in Brønshøj:

** b.dk gallery **
Old 08-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, Iceflower.

Our Marie does look casually elegant here.

BB has a video of the visit: VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie tilbage på job | BILLED-BLADET
Where we hear Marie telling a little bit about what went on.
As always her Danish is near flawless. - There was only one very slight grammatical slip, where she put the words together in French rather than Danish. Her pronunciation is perfect with only a very minor accent.
As usual she's using a fairly simple Danish to express herself. Everyday-Danish so to speak, in comparison to Mary's more intellectual Danish, which is particularly evident when she has a message to bring across.

About 60 % of all Danish youth go to what is equivalent to high school in other countries. In addition to that there are a number of other business and technical schools which also teach on an academic level.
The project here is basically for the best students in the high schools. Those who are bored on a day-to-day basis. Here they get together with other students like themselves and face case-studies and challenges.

----------

- A major problem IMO is that too many go to high school, it lowers the general level. And if you don't leave high school with at least pretty good grades you won't have wasted thee years, but the three years might have been better employed had they gone to a trade school instead.
Because too many of those who go to high school, simply don't have the abilities or are not yet mature enough, again IMO.
Beforehand high school was for those who were sure to go to university afterwards. That is far from the case today.
Basic schooling in Denmark today is 10 years of school, followed by 2-3 years in high school, business school, technical school or 3-4 years in a trade school. Anything less is considered inadequate.
Our daughter is to start in high school now, and our son at an IT academy at the university, so they are following the general pattern.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Administrator

As Princess Marie is Patron of the World Food Summit – Better Food for More People 2017 all posts from today have been moved to the following thread:

** Princess Marie's Charities and Patronages **
Old 09-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie visit today the Kemisk Beredskab (Chemical readiness) in Copenhagen on the occasion of 50 th Anniversary

https://web.facebook.com/detdanskeko...47310805607505

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...2017%20Denmark
Old 09-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's good to see our Marie attending events at the Civil Defense regularly.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Here's another gallery and an additional article about her visit today:

** rex gallery **

** BB: Prinsesse Marie trak i uniformen og besøgte Kemisk Beredskab ** translation **
Old 09-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Majesty

No long hair with Army Uniform.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
why not? in the pictures there are at least two women with the same length of hair.

Always enjoy Marie in these events.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Not with the army (*), but this is the Civil Defense, a uniformed civilian organization under the Ministry of Interior.

Beforehand conscripts who did not want to serve in the military, could opt for service in Civil defense instead. And traditionally they maintained a strong sense of not being militaristic.
Nowadays practically all conscripts to the military are volunteers, those few who are conscientious objectors and who draw a very low number can opt for service in the Civil Defense. But the majority of their conscripts are volunteers as well.
The organization has now gone from being "sandbag-fillers" and "ditch-diggers" manned by sparetime-hippies to a well-run and very professional organization with dedicated volunteers and employees, beefed up by conscripts who do a lot of good and are actually quite busy.
Today they wear their uniform with pride and not because they have to - and as "civilian" as possible.

(*) As we all know, in the army things are done correct and in style and with discipline. Right?
Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Thanks for correcting Mr Muhler.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Administrator

The dailymail and their captions again...

** dailymail article: Suited and booted! Princess Marie of Denmark swaps her tiara for full military uniform on a visit to a chemical lab..**
Old 09-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

They really have no idea about what they are writing about!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie yesterday at the opening of the 'Small animal veterinary euro- and world congress 2017' in Bella Center in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency
Old 09-26-2017, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rex gallery **

** BB video: VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie: Jeg har altid haft hund **

** kongehuset.dk: Åbning af ’Small Animal Veterinary Euro- and World Congress 2017’ **

Tags
princess marie, princess marie curent events, princess marie events