The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the explanation Muhler. We have something that is similar here in the U.S. My daughter just graduated from high school on Wednesday and was clad in a blue rented robe with mortarboard cap, tassel and white stole. All of which is now being returned this morning so we can get our deposit back and she can pick up her diploma. The graduates only receive the diploma cover at the ceremony. We could have purchased the robe, stole, cap and tassel but with our son being about six inches taller than his older sister, we'll just rent the clothing again in two years when he graduates.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie attend at the opening of the Scottish Autism 50th Anniversary Conference in Glasgow today 8 November

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DreCJ2qXgAA-WzR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DreB8OEWoAEXdi-.jpg

Old 11-08-2018, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Here's an article about her attendance:

** Pic ** BB: Prinsesse Marie støtter vigtig sag i Skotland ** translation **

And the Palace shared some nice photos:

** kongehuset: Til autismekonference i Skotland **
Old 11-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Today Jason interviewed HRH Princess Marie of Denmark! He even got a selfie
https://twitter.com/StruanSchool/sta...165313/photo/1
Old 11-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks Iceflower & Polyesco.

Here is a nice BB video, where our Marie in her usual likable way told about being interviewed by the good Jason and his crew, who all have autism.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...rlig-oplelevse

Marie went on to say that it was good to attend this conference where the focus was on the special competences of people with autism and how to use them, rather than seeing them as someone who don't fit into the society and don't have a place in the society.

Jason asked among other things how it was to be a princess, Marie replied that one of the good things was being here, addressing this topic.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I admire that the interviewer and his team are all on the autism spectrum
Old 11-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I admire that the interviewer and his team are all on the autism spectrum
i agree - a nice touch! nice to see marie travelling solo to least expected locations. i believe another autism conference not long ago took her to greenland solo.

i wonder, how is marie's danish these days?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i agree - a nice touch! nice to see marie travelling solo to least expected locations. i believe another autism conference not long ago took her to greenland solo.

i wonder, how is marie's danish these days?
Brilliant!
A minor accent and sometimes a mispronunciation and the odd grammatical mistake, but very easy to understand.
She clearly understands almost everything that is being said. (And spoken Danish is anything but easy to understand!)
She speaks at conversation speed.
She use a simpler vocabulary than Mary, but if she is more comfortable with that and she still gets her message across, that doesn't matter IMO.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2018.
Written by our Scotland correspondent, Henrik Salling.

As you no doubt recall, Our Marie went to Glasgow recently to attend a conference about autism.
Apart from that the Association for Scottish Autism celebrates its 50th jubilee this year and as patron for the Danish Autism Association, Marie was the guest of honor. That meant Marie got the big tour. Like visiting Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum - because one way to express yourself as an autist can be through art and Marie were shown examples of just that.
The conference was very much about how to incorporate people with autism into the society as a whole and preferably also in a workplace, with due considerations to their special needs but also their special competences.
And very much in line with that, Marie agreed to an interview with TV-crew who are all autists and after the interview she obligingly posed with them, as you can see in the scans posted in the M&F in Italy thread.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

As a patron of the National Association of Autism visit today the Automation team in Nordea and meets with employees who have autism.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btd-uOkAYQY/
Old 02-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank, Eya.

The first photo of our Marie is really great!

- It seems that after three totally uneventful weeks of 2019, the DRF have decided to be everywhere at the same time! - I can't keep up!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish Association for Autism releasing a video message on the occassion of the World Autism Day today