Princess Marie as Patron of The Danish Ski Federation (Denmark Skiforbund)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good because Marie is very fond of ski!! I guess she will support the olympic team in Vancouver in February!:flowers:

great news! it's nice to see how marie is becoming more active with her patronages. i look forward to seeing what's next!

It's good because Marie is very fond of ski!! I guess she will support the olympic team in Vancouver in February!:flowers:

Not necessarily, CP Frederik is the IOC representative from Denmark and he will be going to Vancouver. :flowers:All of the royals have sports included in their patronages. CP Frederik - Sailing; CP Mary - Swimming and Golf; Prince Joachim - Motor Sport and now Princess Marie - Skiing.

This is a good fit for Marie. The Billed-Bladet article says that she has been skiing since she was a young child. I am curious about what the group does. How exactly do they promote skiing, and what sort of charity work does this group do?

This is the official site

according to the site its about supporting skiing in Denmark. So maybe Marie will start supporting teams and encouraging attending their winter events.

Well, now I'm feeling psychic ;) In the thread on Possible Protectorates for Marie, I suggested the Danish skiing association (Danmarks Skiforbund).

I think it is an excellent fit for her; it is something she enjoys, and it is an organization that could do with some royal patronage as skiing is not big in people's minds in Denmark given the flat terrain and usual lack of snow in winter. (Although a lot of Danes go to the alps, or Sweden or Norway to ski).

Yes, they do .... and keep the local rescue teams busy ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: So what are you saying, UserDane? The Danes need practice? Maybe Princess Marie will help the association promote ski lessons and training for ski rescue. :flowers:

I'm glad to see Marie taking on another patronage. Does anyone know when she'll have her first event with this group?

He he I may be implying that. I think the Danes have improved (I don't ski myself) - but I have heard that one of the regular winter flights from Austria I think to Copenhagen is popularly known as 'the bone express' by the insurance companies - that's when they send a doctor and collect all the Danish broken arms and legs etc and bring them home :D

He he I may be implying that. I think the Danes have improved (I don't ski myself) - but I have heard that one of the regular winter flights from Austria I think to Copenhagen is popularly known as 'the bone express' by the insurance companies - that's when they send a doctor and collect all the Danish broken arms and legs etc and bring them home :D

Yes, it's been so bad that the regular Danish health insurance (Sygesikringen) has stopped (or talked about stopping) covering transport home from skiing in the alps.

I wonder if this news means Marie and Joachim will be heading for Vancouver in February?

CP Frederik just got elected late last year as the IOC Representative from Denmark. Vancouver would be his first on-the-job event as an IOC Representative...so I don't think that Joachim & Marie will be in Vancouver.

The Danish delegations for the Winter Olympics are usually smaller than the delegations sent for the Summer Olympics...and even in the last Summer Olympics, only CP Frederik and CP Mary attended. I think that the Crown Prince Couple will go to Vancouver in February this year.

AFAIR Mary never attended the Winter Olympics. Frederik might attend alone.

Princess Marie handed out the Skier of the Year Awards at a seminar in the
Danish Ski Association on Saturday September 25, 2010 The Awards were
awarded to Fin Jespersen and Yina Mai.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Nice pics from purepeople:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Link **

Last edited:
Thanks Iceflower. Princess Marie has been busy lately.

Josette

Last edited by a moderator:
(...)
Here she, as patron for Danish Skiing Association, tried out a (very) temporary skiing hill made from 70 tonnes of Austrian snow. (It'll vanish soon as the temperature is a balmy 19 degrees C right now). Located next to Aarhus Cathedral, which is about as far from the Alps as you can get ski-wise.

Anyway, there is also a video, where Marie is briefly being interviewed and she plays a very succesfull verbal ping-pong with the journalists, which show her degree of confidence in Danish - and indeed in facing the press.
(From memory) She is first asked: "Your Royal Highness, you are an excellent skier...".
M: "I don't know, where have you heard that"?
Q: "I've seen pictures of you, where you look very elegant".
M: "Thank you".
She goes on to explain that she started skiing at the age of three, the same time as her oldest.
She is repeating a couple of times that they go skiing in Switzerland while also being asked whether she thinks it's good for people to on sking holidays.
She cheekily responds by asking: "Do you want me to advertize Switzerland"?!?
She believe a skiing holiday is the best sort of vacation for a family. The children get a lot of fresh air, get lots of excersize and it's a good way to be with the family. - While the representatives of Danish Skiing Association is smiling broadly in the background...:D:D

She explains that bette Henrik is now skiing but Athena is still a bit too young.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2014.

But Marie also went to Aarhus as patron from Danish Skiing Association. And here our reporter Ken Richter was at hand.
Marie tried biathlon (? - You know, skiing and target shooting combined) for the first time and admitted: "It's difficult". - I noticed that Marie prudently used a support. Target rifles are usually heavier than say hunting rifles and Marie isn't that big. She would otherwise be lifting up to a sixth of her weight.
While there Marie presented two prices with the help of two ski-girls, ten year old Laura and eight year old Maria.

Nice sunny day in Denmark.
Nice to see Marie again

One of the wonderful things about our Marie are her people-skills and her way of engaging herself in her duties so she's simply having fun.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #38, 2016.
Written by Dorte Quist.

Recently she went to Holte Skiingclub, to start the Danish Championships in Roller-skiing.
She fired the starting gun and 45 contestants started off. Some of the disciplines in roller-skiing are the same as if there was snow around, that includes ski-shooting.

Marie said: "I've actually never tried roller-skiing but we talked about that I perhaps should start with the children (Henrik and Athena). There are so many children who took part today. It was very inspiring. They are young, they are sweet and they are really motivated and dedicated. So perhaps I should try too, with the children. My children love skiing just like me and the whole family".

The chairman told how Marie a couple of years ago at another event, had tried roller-skiing and that included throwing herself down on her belly and shooting away. Hitting three out of three BTW.
So now they have agreed on some special training lessons for Marie and her children, to see how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom