Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that Prince Nikolai's Uncle Frederik and Aunt Mary will hold a birthday party for him?

I don't think any royal son should be expected to join the military. Unless they are from a country where military service is mandatory.

And if we are going to expect royal princes to serve, then it should be gender neutral. We should expect Athena to serve just as much as her brothers.

Belgium has a good idea with Elisabeth. Not actually doing full military training but doing a year at the academy to get some education in it before university.

For Felix, who is currently 8th in line to the throne, it is basically a choice. Clearly he is not required to do it if he doesn't want to.

Do you think that Prince Nikolai's Uncle Frederik and Aunt Mary will hold a birthday party for him?

Why would they? He had a large birthday party organized by his grandparents (it seems) at the Dannebrog for his 18th birthday. Felix only had a small family gathering in France (without Covid, he probably would have a bigger party was the larger family as well).

Assuming the regulations in Denmark don't promote large parties, I see little reason why Nikolai needs another party thrown by family members 3 years after he got his family party when reaching the age of majority...

For Felix, who is currently 8th in line to the throne, it is basically a choice. Clearly he is not required to do it if he doesn't want to.

I don't think it felt as a choice for Nikolai. Given how soon he quit, it seems he really felt that he HAD TO do it - but probably more because of his father's expectations than because it was expected of him as prince of Denmark (by his grandmother).

This year or in the future?

The short answer to both IMO would be no.

There is no reason for M&F to throw him a party to begin with, just being uncle and aunt.
And when they become the regent couple, I see no reason to give him a party either. Simply because he is not a working member of the DRF.
I don't even think they would throw Joachim a party when he turns 75 or 80.

Henrik & Athena have started in school this week.

Due to Corona they have now been away from school for six months.

Various local restrictions are implemented in the schools.

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

Felix is also a part of this team, even though he did not play on that day.
I hope Nikolai enjoyed the game, because gatherings of more than 10 persons have ended due to the spike in Corona cases.
Except for children. - It's considered more beneficial for smaller children to take part in physical and social activities than preventing infections from spreading among them.

:previous:
They lost.

Not on the playing field, but because someone had forgotten the team-card (listing the players) so out on a technicality. :sad:

Well, at least there was beer to wash down the disappointment.

- There are as few restrictions as possible on children and youth sports. The reason is of course the social aspect as well as giving children the opportunity to get some healthy exercise. And as young and children are less vulnerable to Corona it's considered a risk worth taking.

Both the spread of Corona is not under control here in DK. It's not completely out of control either, but rising slightly.

We may expect more DRF events to be cancelled.
The next one to be cancelled, I fear, will be the Lucia service on 13th December that is usually attended by the CP family.

A very happy 9th Birthday to Pss Athena. What a nice girl and lovely smile. Light blue looks good on her.

Athena looks a lot like Marie in these photos! I can't believe she's 9 already.

Ohhh Athena looks so big! She grew up a lot in one year. She is the spitting image of her mother ;) (the only child Joachim has that doesn't look like him)

Those pictures are so lovely. These type of pictures always come out best when the parents are behind the camera.

Disagree that she doesn't look like Joachim though. I think this year's pictures mark the first time I've noticed a bit of a likeness between them :lol: I think she's a great mix of both families.

Definitely growing up. Hard to believe how old she is already. :flowers:

My favorite photo is with her dog ?

Definitely more happy natural poses then some birthday photos. She just looks like she is having fun. Not dressed up in some birthday dress, overly posed.

I also like the picture of Athena with the dog.
It has been declared: Dog is man's best friend.
In this case, the sweet white dog is a Princess' friend. :princess2::princess2:

It was Marie who took them. You can see her reflection in the window in the last one. But I can't see if she used her phone cam.

Then he knows what to do for the next two years.

I hope he makes it, because there are more expectations resting on his shoulders. One dropping out - yeah, okay. Two dropping out is a bad habit.

Then he knows what to do for the next two years.

I hope he makes it, because there are more expectations resting on his shoulders. One dropping out - yeah, okay. Two dropping out is a bad habit.

Isn't Felix supposed to be more sporty and potentially militarily inclined than his brother? I remember discussing it at the time Nikolai dropped out.

Since Joachim admitted he was wrong to try and push Felix in the direction he did and he now realised that just because he loved it doesn't mean his son had to, I assume that he and Alexandra are being more careful with Felix and this is something he wants to do for himself. Especially because as you say, they don't want another Prince dropping out if they can help it.

Isn't Felix supposed to be more sporty and potentially militarily inclined than his brother? I remember discussing it at the time Nikolai dropped out.

Since Joachim admitted he was wrong to try and push Felix in the direction he did and he now realised that just because he loved it doesn't mean his son had to, I assume that he and Alexandra are being more careful with Felix and this is something he wants to do for himself. Especially because as you say, they don't want another Prince dropping out if they can help it.

I'm sure they have had a good talk with him, also for Felix himself.

It is certainly my impression that Felix is more rough than his older brother. He went to boxing for a period at least. Now they both play soccer.
That doesn't mean Felix is all brawn and muscle, from what I gather, he is actually very bright - so is Nikolai too BTW.
Haven't seen or heard so much to Felix, so can't say if that's true.

Nikolai's girlfriend, Benedikte Thoustrup, is selling hairbands online. It's basically silk-ribbons, that after a couple of hours leaves soft curls in the hair.

Nothing particular about that as such. What is more of interest to us here, is the photo of her in the article: https://www.bt.dk/kendte/prinsens-kaereste-springer-ud-som-ivaerksaetter
We don't see that many good photos of her.

Mr Muhler , Nicolai and Felix are living in Denmark. Why were they not invited at the Easter celebration of their Grand Mother Queen Margrethe II with the Crown Prince wife and Children.
I suppose Joachim has to stay in France for Covid .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom