Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Felix looks very handsome and I see some resemblance to Joachim here. Lovely photos!

:previous: Thanks Muhler, an interesting choice. I wonder if this is what Nikolai wanted to do instead of military school since the two career paths are very different. Hopefully he'll enjoy business school more.

According to an article I read, yeah it seems to be the case.

Thanks, Eya.

A minor correction.
He will not start at Copenhagen Business School on the 26th.
He will learn whether he has been admitted to CBS.
- Presumably that's his first choice.

On the 26th all who have applied for an education at the university, business schools and so on will be informed whether they have been admitted on their first choice - or secondary option, or for some (perhaps) more unfortunate, their third option.

Would you know who made the Prince pursue the military academy first? It makes me happy he's going to study something that is in line with his interest now.

Would you know who made the Prince pursue the military academy first? It makes me happy he's going to study something that is in line with his interest now.

Yes, that would be his father, Joachim. He has admitted he very much expected his son to join the officers academy.

- And there was no doubt additional indirect pressure from QMII and PH, and perhaps through the banter of his farbror (paternal uncle) Frederik as well.

Yes, that would be his father, Joachim. He has admitted he very much expected his son to join the officers academy.

- And there was no doubt additional indirect pressure from QMII and PH, and perhaps through the banter of his farbror (paternal uncle) Frederik as well.

Thank you Muhler! Do you think Felix will give military academy a try? And is it mandatory for Christian to do it too?

Thank you Muhler! Do you think Felix will give military academy a try? And is it mandatory for Christian to do it too?

Hmm, I do think Felix will opt for at least voluntary conscription. The impression I have of him is that he is a more physical type (boxing) than Nikolai.
And voluntary conscription is only 4-8 month depending on where he wish to serve. Unless he wish to try becoming an NCO. Then it's correspondingly longer.

Christian is almost 100 % certain to have a military career. He is after all destined to be the commander-in-chief and there is a very close link between the military and the DRF, and it will be very much expected of him.
He is, according to my impression, a physical as well as a very social type, so that life may even appeal to him.

What will be really interesting is what the younger siblings of Christian will do.
No doubt the DRF have learned something from pressuring Nikolai to go the military way (I personally still believe it would have been beneficial for him to at least finish boot camp, but that's another discussion) and I don't think it's written in stone anymore that younger male siblings must in some way join the armed forces or the Civil Defense.
And since girls can now opt for voluntary conscription we should certainly not rule out that Isabella and Josephine will give that a try, or even opt for a career.

Hmm, I do think Felix will opt for at least voluntary conscription. The impression I have of him is that he is a more physical type (boxing) than Nikolai.
And voluntary conscription is only 4-8 month depending on where he wish to serve. Unless he wish to try becoming an NCO. Then it's correspondingly longer.

Christian is almost 100 % certain to have a military career. He is after all destined to be the commander-in-chief and there is a very close link between the military and the DRF, and it will be very much expected of him.
He is, according to my impression, a physical as well as a very social type, so that life may even appeal to him.

What will be really interesting is what the younger siblings of Christian will do.
No doubt the DRF have learned something from pressuring Nikolai to go the military way (I personally still believe it would have been beneficial for him to at least finish boot camp, but that's another discussion) and I don't think it's written in stone anymore that younger male siblings must in some way join the armed forces or the Civil Defense.
And since girls can now opt for voluntary conscription we should certainly not rule out that Isabella and Josephine will give that a try, or even opt for a career.

I hope Felix will do it eventually. The time is ticking so fast and we'll know shortly about his decision though.

With Christian, indeed. He needs to step up his game. :flowers:

I hope Felix will do it eventually. The time is ticking so fast and we'll know shortly about his decision though.

With Christian, indeed. He needs to step up his game. :flowers:

What do you mean, Christian needs to step up his game? He is 13 what more you do think he needs to do?

What do you mean, Christian needs to step up his game? He is 13 what more you do think he needs to do?

I don't know if you tried back reading previous conversation but we were talking about Nikolai's intent to study business which is line to his interest and leaving the military academy. And along the way Felix and Christian were mentioned.

Christian 'stepping up his game' doesn't mean 'now.' I was referring to his future military studies and other things. Of course, his path is not the same as Nikolai and Felix.

I know that his 13 but he will not stay as forever.

I don't know if you tried back reading previous conversation but we were talking about Nikolai's intent to study business which is line to his interest and leaving the military academy. And along the way Felix and Christian were mentioned.

Christian 'stepping up his game' doesn't mean 'now.' I was referring to his future military studies and other things. Of course, his path is not the same as Nikolai and Felix.

I know that his 13 but he will not stay as forever.

Sorry, if I misunderstood, but it doesn't read that way to me.
Nikolai has taken his time to sort out what he wants, as you state is great and ( which I applaud him for, for taking his own path). Felix as you say we will soon know ( I hope he takes his time to decide also) but Christian need to step up his game?.

Last edited:
I'm sure Christian will have all the encouragement available to make the correct choice for his position and I hope it's something he also wants to do. There's nothing that we know of that he needs to change what he's doing currently though. Let's not say he needs to step up his game for when he's in his studies in a few years time before he's even started.

His younger siblings and cousins have more options, which is great for them. With Nikolai now pursuing something he wants to he has a much better chance of succeeding. That's the theory anyway.

I'm sure Christian will have all the encouragement available to make the correct choice for his position and I hope it's something he also wants to do. There's nothing that we know of that he needs to change what he's doing currently though. Let's not say he needs to step up his game for when he's in his studies in a few years time before he's even started.

His younger siblings and cousins have more options, which is great for them. With Nikolai now pursuing something he wants to he has a much better chance of succeeding. That's the theory anyway.

I didn't say "step up his game" in a negative way so please don't turn aside my point.

His cousins are the main characters of this thread and I'm happy for Nikolai for he was given a chance to do things his way and I know he's going to do things diligently.

Well, Christian will almost certainly attend university and it is just as certain that at the very least he will study political science, history and probably communication as well. That's pretty much basic requirements for a modern monarch nowadays.
His dad studied political science and his mother is well versed in PR.

What else he might study remains to be seen.
But I am willing to bet quite a lot that Christian will study for a least a semester at an Australian university.

Last edited:
I didn't say "step up his game" in a negative way so please don't turn aside my point.

His cousins are the main characters of this thread and I'm happy for Nikolai for he was given a chance to do things his way and I know he's going to do things diligently.

FYI, the confusion seems to stem from different uses of the idiom. Where I am, in the American South, to say “step up your game” is inherently negative; it means the person has been lazy or unsuccessful and needs to do a better job if they’re going to pass muster.

For example, “after a lackluster start at the military academy, Nikolai realized he would really need to step up his game if he were to continue on there. But instead of putting more effort into a career that didn’t interest him, the prince decided to quit and pursue modeling and a college degree, instead.”

Where I am, in the American South, to say “step up your game” is inherently negative; it means the person has been lazy or unsuccessful and needs to do a better job if they’re going to pass muster.

Not just in the American South...which is perhaps why it sounds an odd thing to say about a 13-year old Christian. About the almost 20-year old Nikolai (looking at the past year of his life), perhaps.

Well, Christian will almost certainly attend university and it is just as certain that at the very least he will study political science, history and probably communication as well. That's pretty much basic requirements for a modern monarch nowadays.
His dad studied political science and his mother is well versed in PR.

What else he might study remains to be seen.
But I am willing to bet quite a lot that Christian will study for a least a semester at an Australian university.

Thank you for pointing this out, Muhler! Yes, I hope any the 4 siblings will have a chance to also study here in Australia. Soon.

Prince Nikolai's application for a place to study at Copenhagen Business School CBS has been successful. Countess Alexandra's secretary Helle von Wildenrath Løvgren and the Royal House's Communications Department confirmed the news today after last night's decision.

"I am very pleased to have entered the Business Administration and Service Management programme at Copenhagen Business School in Frederiksberg. It is a good point of departure for a business life", Nikolai is quoted saying, "The education is in English, which I also enjoy because it offers a wide range of options".

** BB: Prins Nikolai er glad: Jeg kom ind på drømmestudiet **

Prince Nikolai's application for a place to study at Copenhagen Business School CBS has been successful. Countess Alexandra's secretary Helle von Wildenrath Løvgren and the Royal House's Communications Department confirmed the news today after last night's decision.

"I am very pleased to have entered the Business Administration and Service Management programme at Copenhagen Business School in Frederiksberg. It is a good point of departure for a business life", Nikolai is quoted saying, "The education is in English, which I also enjoy because it offers a wide range of options".

** BB: Prins Nikolai er glad: Jeg kom ind på drømmestudiet **

It sounds as if he plans to leave Denmark.

It sounds as if he plans to leave Denmark.

Possibly. Though as English is the international language of business it's good to actually study for the degree using it, especially if he does plan on using it one day.

He might not plan to leave Denmark at the moment but it does open up some options in the future. And London for example isn't far away.

I also think so. English as a medium being offered in various European Universities is pretty ordinary.

Wherever his decisions will take him, I support Nikolai.

Countess Alexander might have freaked out upon learning this good news.

Congrats again, Nikolai!

Great news! I don't doubt he'll be happy with his own choice.

BT implied that the court initially refused to comment as it was a "private matter" :rolleyes: Good on Nikolai for taking matters into his own hands then.

Possibly. Though as English is the international language of business it's good to actually study for the degree using it, especially if he does plan on using it one day.

He might not plan to leave Denmark at the moment but it does open up some options in the future. And London for example isn't far away.

How is Nikolai's English now ? I believe I never heard him speaking English.

I also think so. English as a medium being offered in various European Universities is pretty ordinary.

Wherever his decisions will take him, I support Nikolai.

Countess Alexander might have freaked out upon learning this good news.

Congrats again, Nikolai!

Why would she freak out? Why her? And why freak out? It's what all of them hoped for I assume.

Or is it another expression that is positive to you and has a slightly different connotation to me?!

Great news! I don't doubt he'll be happy with his own choice.

BT implied that the court initially refused to comment as it was a "private matter" :rolleyes: Good on Nikolai for taking matters into his own hands then.

Was his subscription and him quitting the military also a private matter? Sounds as if they don't really know what to do with their highnesses (the non-royal ones).

Well done Nikolai! I hope this means that he'll be more comfortable with this particular path.

Why would she freak out? Why her? And why freak out? It's what all of them hoped for I assume.

Or is it another expression that is positive to you and has a slightly different connotation to me?!

As far as I know 'freak out' doesn't always mean 'extremely upset and angry' but also 'extremely surprised.'

I love this family so much. I wouldn't say anything bad about them.

Nikolai deserves much praise for choosing a path of his own. I love him to death!

As far as I know 'freak out' doesn't always mean 'extremely upset and angry' but also 'extremely surprised.'

I love this family so much. I wouldn't say anything bad about them.

Nikolai deserves much praise for choosing a path of his own. I love him to death!

That's what I guessed. But why do you think especially Alexandra got that excited and not Nikolai himself?

Does Nikolai know that you love him to death (I would warn against it ?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom