Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The comments on the pictures seem to reinforce the pattern of divorced royal women having questionable "friends" if that is indeed from a friend's Instagram.

That is indeed the question!

I'm beginning to think that it is perhaps not such a bad idea that Alexandra is accompanying her son, as a chaperone, to such events.

I suppose the very last thing a child of that age will want to hear is that he has a 'hot, hot, hot momma'.

I am sure the boo-part was meant as a compliment and not literally.

Brett Lloyd is a successful fashion photographer, I am not sure what is questionable about him (other than his taste in captions ;)).

Last edited:
I suppose the very last thing a child of that age will want to hear is that he has a 'hot, hot, hot momma'.

Brett Lloyd is a successful fashion photographer, I am not sure what is questionable about him (other than his taste in captions ;)).

I don't know anything about Brett Lloyd. I was commenting based solely on the captions, which were inappropriate IMHO.

Royals don't live in a bubble anymore. They go out in the real world, go to normal schools, have "normal" friends and even normal jobs. So they are naturally more exposed than in the past. However, it appears to me that Alexandra and Nikolai are crossing some lines, and that is not good, especially for Nikolai who is still a member of the Royal Family, albeit far down in the line of succession.

Am I being too harsh ?

I don't know anything about Brett Lloyd. I was commenting based solely on the captions, which were inappropriate IMHO.

Royals don't live in a bubble anymore. They go out in the real world, go to normal schools, have "normal" friends and even normal jobs. So they are naturally more exposed than in the past. However, it appears to me that Alexandra and Nikolai are crossing some lines, and that is not good, especially for Nikolai who is still a member of the Royal Family, albeit far down in the line of succession.

Am I being too harsh ?

Not in my eyes.

I happen to agree with you.
Which is why I believe the most sensible solution would be for Nikolai to give up his royal status, one way or another.
He will be much more free to pursue his dreams, which at present seems to be modeling.

Too familiar for my taste in regards to a royal.

Ok, if Nikolai was "only" a count.

Last edited:
:previous: I don't think Alexandra has anything against Nikolai modelling. On the contrary in fact!
There are references in this thread to Alexandra being involved in Nikolai's modeling work, albeit from the sideline. It was also a friend of Alexandra who approached her in order to offer Nikolai the chance of becoming a model. The head of the modeling agency Nikolai belongs to, is a friend of Alexandra.
The one who would perhaps like to discourage Nikolai from pursuing a professional modeling career would IMO more likely be Joachim.

ADDED:

https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-var-overvaeldet-over-prins-nikolai
Alexandra was present today when he walked the catwalk.
Nikolai had a prominent role in the show.
Alexandra said via her secretary:
"It went totally fantastic. I was very overwhelmed by the fantastic show and the atmosphere was so good. I'm immensely proud of him, he did so well."

The creative head of his agency, Sune Planer said:
"The last time he opened and closed the show and today he closed it. He did it really good and closed the show and that is in itself a huge honor and very prestigious, so we are very proud of that."

Thank you as ever for your insightful input, Muhler - I knew I could count on you for an interesting response! ?
You're right; as a more traditional royal Joachim does seem more like the parent who would be opposed to the idea of modelling. I'm glad that he has Alexandra as his support network in his career.

I mainly wonder why an adult would bring his mother on a business trip to the other end of the world...

:previous: So Joachim had an agreement with the car rental company? For Nikolai to pose for them and get a discount ?

Last edited:
:previous: So Joachim had an agreement with the car rental company? For Nikolai to pose for them and get a discount ?

I am somewhat skeptical of that one too!
Okay, Joachim may have had an agreement for Nikolai to either pick up or rent a car himself with the company.
But as Polyesco say I doubt very much Joachim would in his wildest dream agree to Nikolai posing or otherwise promote the company.

So my conclusion is still that Nikolai, on his own, somehow agreed to (or even suggested) posing knowing that the photos would be posted on the company intranet. (And as such at some point inevitably destined to come to the attention of the public.)

Last edited:
I also find it hard to believe that Joachim agreed for Nikolai to promote Sixt (the closest to this I would find believable is Nikolai asking if he can rent a car from the company and Joachim agreeing), since he seems to be of a more traditional mindset and I can imagine that he wouldn't approve so much of royals having careers like modelling. (Isn't S&H also known for being a gossip rag in Norway?) It's quite the confusing situation!

I mainly wonder why an adult would bring his mother on a business trip to the other end of the world...

He’s, what, 18 or 19 years old? And he’s recently completely upended his career plans, (no more army), without a well planned gap year or university course to fall back on. He’s modeling, a career that provides easy access to any number of poor choices with permanent consequences. And he already got involved in some sort of stupidity regarding a weird deal with a car rental agency. Not to mention presumably his parents are still supporting him financially.

So, yeah, this isn’t really a situation where I’d want to push the baby bird out of the nest and hope he learned to fly on his own.

The thing about making mistakes when young is that You Learn from them.

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

I see the photos were taken yesterday, after a bit of snow had fallen over that part of DK, as we saw on the Amalienborg pics you posted.

Apple, the furry creature must be getting old! Our Marie had her when she started dating Joachim.

What cute pictures! love the one with her little "apple"

Such sweet photos! I can't believe Athena is seven already, how time flies. Love that they included her dog in the photos.

Last edited:
Wonder why fashion lay-outers so often tend to insist on their readers looking up the nostrils of their models. :ermm:

Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 -

Interesting that he's on the front for the Ukranian edition - I wonder if he was already set to work in Ukraine for modelling and they recognised him or if he is already beginning to make somewhat of a name for himself in some parts of Europe as a model. I still wish he would call himself Nikolai Frederiksborg (as I read that he and Felix do sometimes) or something along the lines as it does feel like he's using his connections as a Danish prince to get into big modelling names like Vogue.

Last edited:
Him being a prince is clearly his main attraction. Otherwise they wouldn't write it on the cover.

"Prince Nikolai secretly works for the property manager Mikael Goldschmidt"
"According to SE and HØR's information, the prince intends to start at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) when the summer of 2019 goes down."

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/nyt-job-prins-nikolai-i-laere-som-milliardaer
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/prins-nikolai-har-faaet-nyt-job-i-laere-i-dansk-milliardaers-virksomhed

Great that he figured out what he wants to do next. Hopefully this is really his own choice.

I just read that Felipe (Froilan) and Victoria are also (going to be) in business school. It seems a popular choice, especially if you don't really know what to do with your life. Otherwise it would be better to first do a Bachelor in a more specific field and add a business type master's to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that he's on the front for the Ukranian edition - I wonder if he was already set to work in Ukraine for modelling and they recognised him or if he is already beginning to make somewhat of a name for himself in some parts of Europe as a model. I still wish he would call himself Nikolai Rosenborg (as I read that he and Felix do sometimes) or something along the lines as it does feel like he's using his connections as a Danish prince to get into big modelling names like Vogue.
He calls himself Nikolai Frederiksborg on Instagram

He calls himself Nikolai Frederiksborg on Instagram

That is interesting as it is equivalent to using her mother's "last name" from a certain point of view of course. I would expect him to go by "Prince Nikolai of Denmark" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom