Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article says it was shot in a historical mansion not one of the palaces.
https://politiken.dk/kultur/mode/ar...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1644495101

I have a bit of mix feelings. Yes he can do whatever he wants, but it is seems he is choosing the easy route of modeling, made even easier by his title. :mellow:

And this bit of news just reminded me that neither he nor Nikolai have shown any interest (maybe pose for a photo or two) for the Foundation named after both of them :whistling:
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/uddelinger-fra-nikolai-og-felix-fonden-2021

Felix hasn't gone to university yet. I don't know if he intends to go. But I believe so.
Nikolai is studying Business Administration.
Perhaps Nikolai and Felix are still looking for what they intend to do. Even because I believe that fashion is just a hobby for them.

More accurately, it’s made even easier by “his mom’s friend who runs the agency”, who said she would have signed them whether they were princes or not. If N&F didn’t have the looks, it wouldn’t matter what their titles were.

Since Felix really does look pretty different from Nikolai (apart from maybe some bone structure), it will be interesting to see if he ends up on the runway and Vogue covers, too, or perhaps just sticks to ads and keeps it at even more of a “hobby” level.

But I don’t think he should be faulted for doing something legitimate, whatever it is. He looks good, and considering his looks have not been nearly so “model-obvious” as Nikolai’s, he might have had to work a little harder for the result.

Not only a scar on his nose but one on his lip, and despite (or because of) years of royal photography, I don’t think they’ve been so noticeable until now. Wonder where they came from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked his pre-army appearance much better. He had something 'soft' about him; that's (almost) all gone now.

Not only a scar on his nose but one on his lip, and despite (or because of) years of royal photography, I don’t think they’ve been so noticeable until now. Wonder where they came from?

Probably from boxing.

He was boxing when in his mid-teens.

I liked his pre-army appearance much better. He had something 'soft' about him; that's (almost) all gone now.

He used to look like a nice happy kid, but that won’t get you too many modeling jobs, unless it’s for toothpaste.

Perhaps he is not a nice happy kid right now (he was planning to be in the military, not doing this). Perhaps he will be a nice happy kid again when he gets settled, especially if he grows his softer-looking hair back.

Both he and his brother are striking, and have great bone structure.;)

Comments from Felix and Alexandra: https://www.bt.dk/royale/nu-taler-prins-felix-om-modelkarrieren-en-aere-og-en-fornoejelse

As you know Felix is now the face for a campaign, Reflect, by Georg Jensen.

He says: "It's fantastic to work with Georg Jensen. To be allowed to represent a classical Danish brand and icon is both an honor and a pleasure."

Alexandra says through her press secretary: "I'm very proud of my son."
(She says the same to BB as well.)

There could be a deal made between Alexandra and Joachim that she will handle the boys' PR. Alexandra has always been very apt at handling the media and I'm certain that she doesn't do anything regarding her sons without the approval of Amalienborg.
For whatever reason the four of them seems to feel that it's better for Alexandra to handle the boys' affairs and it's honestly probably for the better. Joachim has neither business acumen nor does he handle the media very well.

It is also probably better if Joachim' staff, as official employees of the Royal Household, weren't involved in commercial matters and PR work for "non-official" members of the Joachim's family. If Joachim's staff were involved, and it seems they don't have their own PR member but rely on the Queen's staff- you effectively could argue they (The Royal Court) is approving of the PR, promotion, commercial deal. Much better the Court and its staff keep at least an arms length distance from it all IMO.

It is also probably better if Joachim' staff, as official employees of the Royal Household, weren't involved in commercial matters and PR work for "non-official" members of the Joachim's family. If Joachim's staff were involved, and it seems they don't have their own PR member but rely on the Queen's staff- you effectively could argue they (The Royal Court) is approving of the PR, promotion, commercial deal. Much better the Court and its staff keep at least an arms length distance from it all IMO.

Which is a fair argument, but everyone knows the Queen and thus Court are fine with both grandsons working under their titles, or someone would have said something awhile ago. Are you saying Margrethe wouldn’t have approved if Alexandra wasn’t outside the royal sphere? I agree that it’s probably handy she has far more media acumen then Joachim; then again if Joachim could do it, she wouldn’t have to.

(Also Alex is in Denmark and not involved with official diplomatic business and Joachim isn’t. Even though Nikolai isn’t, either.)

Accompanied by Prince Nikolai Prince Felix attended the launch of the new jewelry collection of Georg Jensen in Copenhagen this week.
„It is fantastic to collaborate with Georg Jensen. Being allowed to represent a classic Danish brand and icon is both an honor and a pleasure“, Felix is quoted saying.

** Pic * BB article: Se billedet: Prins Felix og prins Nikolai sammen til modeevent **

Nikolai still hasn't been able to sell his apartment and now he has lowered his price by 250.000 DKK.

I had a look at the floorplan: https://paulun.dk/ejendomme/ejerlej...HGbHkeQJZvYpfxsisNNiuH1oU3UU1_whoCoawQAvD_BwE
Okay, reasonable bathroom, fine kitchen, but the livingroom is terrible. Not only is it small but it's very difficult to furnish.

You can see the photos from this apartment as well by clicking "galleri"

That’s a hip bachelor pad for a young guy who probably does not spend many evenings at home or a starter home for socialite newly weds. It’s no home for anybody with children for sure.

I agree. Even staged as it is, it looks very cramped. The kitchen seems OK, but no refrigerator or dishwasher?

I'm surprised that he would have bought it in the first place. There's no privacy at all. Every window and the deck look out onto dozens of other apartments.

:previous: Me too. ?

Presentable couple.

They've been together for quite a while now! Wonder if it'll last.

Me three.

Either it will or they'll break up. There aren't too many other options.

For a minute I thought that Nikolai attended an event with his great-aunt. :lol:

I wonder if she would have to use a different name if they were to marry, to avoid confusion with the queen's sister. It has happened before in the Danish royal house.

I wonder if she would have to use a different name if they were to marry, to avoid confusion with the queen's sister. It has happened before in the Danish royal house.

Other than Christian X and his younger brothers with the first name of Christian, who?

Queen Louise the wife of Christian IX and her daughter-in-law are mixed up to this day; where the younger one could have continued to be known as Lovisa, she was in fact made to be "Louise".

Last edited:
Other than Christian X and his younger brothers with the first name of Christian, who?

The future Frederik VII was married secondly to Duchess Caroline Charlotte Marianne of Mecklenburg. She had been known as Caroline in her native Germany but assumed the name Marianne in Denmark. I presume it was out of respect for or to avoid confusion with Caroline, daughter of Frederik VI.

Queen Louise the wife of Christian IX and her daughter-in-law are mixed up to this day; where the younger one could have continued to be known as Lovisa, she was in fact made to be "Louise".

Perhaps after the younger Louise became Queen the older Louise would have been known as Queen Dowager?

Such an attractive young man. I doubt if at his young age he will stay with his girlfriend. Benedicte probably has a lot of competition of other attractive young woman.

Such an attractive young man. I doubt if at his young age he will stay with his girlfriend. Benedicte probably has a lot of competition of other attractive young woman.

Perhaps, but who says that Nikolai is interested, if that is the case? Not only is it more than a bit shallow to paint him as being swayed by potential other women simply because they too are attractive, it's going to be nearly impossible for Nikolai to meet anyone who isn't interested in his status and fortune, if not his pretty face alone.

It may not last for whatever reason, but Benedikte is the one who "knew him when". That does count for something.

Perhaps, but who says that Nikolai is interested, if that is the case? Not only is it more than a bit shallow to paint him as being swayed by potential other women simply because they too are attractive, it's going to be nearly impossible for Nikolai to meet anyone who isn't interested in his status and fortune, if not his pretty face alone.

It may not last for whatever reason, but Benedikte is the one who "knew him when". That does count for something.
Her personal qualities aside Benedikte is from a wealthy family herself and doesn't need Nikolai's money. That and that she's never courted the media makes her the perfect modern royal girlfriend. Discrete and not in it for fame and fortune.

Her personal qualities aside Benedikte is from a wealthy family herself and doesn't need Nikolai's money. That and that she's never courted the media makes her the perfect modern royal girlfriend. Discrete and not in it for fame and fortune.

Actually, if one were to be cynical, it may well be that Nikolai needs her money. He will not get too much by way of an inheritance.

Actually, if one were to be cynical, it may well be that Nikolai needs her money. He will not get too much by way of an inheritance.

I thought Alex was still a capable investor? Then I suppose to be even more cynical, Benedikte should be on the look out for richer girls, not prettier ones...
I'm kidding.

Nikolai may not back up his press but he's always seemed to be remarkably levelheaded and low-key in his interviews (and very protective of Benedikte all along, by the way). I'm guessing he knows what's important in a relationship, for him, and for his position in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom