The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
New pictures for his 11th Birthday of Prince Henrik!

Nye billeder | Kongehuset

Pictures taken by Princess Athena!!
With the changes made to the Swedish royal house last year (birthday photographs of Prince Carl Philip's and Princess Madeleine's children are no longer published by the Swedish court, although their parents publish them on their personal social media), I think the Danish royal house is the only remaining European monarchy which treats children of a monarch's younger child as essentially equal to the children of a future monarch. It will be interesting to see whether that remains the case, given that Prince Joachim's children appear to be destined for more private careers than Princess Elisabeth.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Majesty

Hmm maybe through the publishing of pictures all grandkids are treated the same. And I think there is an interest in seeing cute kids.
But there are clear differences from the beginning.
Joachim's kids since birth have "only" been HH his/her highness.
While the heirs kids are all since birth HRH His/Her Royal Higness.
Other differences have been noted, for example Christian and Isabella so far are the only ones with official monograms. Christian since he was a baby and Isabella when she turned 9-10. But Nikolai and Felix, even though older, do not.

I wonder if Nikolai's 21st birthday pics will be the end of birthday snaps shared for him.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
New pictures for his 11th Birthday of Prince Henrik!

Nye billeder | Kongehuset

Pictures taken by Princess Athena!!
Athena is a good little photographer! I can't believe Henrik is 11 already.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Felix turns eighteen on 22nd July.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...i-sommerferien

It has now been revealed how he will be celebrated.
- Privately and only with the very nearest and dearest.

He was to be celebrated big time with the whole family, just like Nikolai was. But due to Corona that has been postponed.
He will be celebrated by the family but when and how is not known by anyone.

- My guess is sometime in the autumn, but a very good bet could also be at his nineteenth birthday.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Felix has got his drivers license.
And on his eighteenth birthday he will get a car.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...elix-har-faaet
Old 06-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Felix has got his drivers license.
And on his eighteenth birthday he will get a car.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...elix-har-faaet
At what age are the Danes allowed to start taking driving lessons (or can their parents teach them how to drive? And can they just show up for the exam?)
Old 06-30-2020, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
At what age are the Danes allowed to start taking driving lessons (or can their parents teach them how to drive? And can they just show up for the exam?)
Well, our daughter got her drivers license last year under the new rules.

She started taking lessons at 17 (you can start at 16 but it's my impression most start at 17.)
The lessons include theoretical lessons as well as practical lessons, including lessons in driving on a slippery road. All that takes place with a certified driving instructor.
Once the theoretical as well as practical test has been passed - quite a few fail either the theory or practical tests - you get a driving license allowing you to start driving provided you have turned 17.
But until you have turned 18, there must be an adult who is also an experienced driver, accompanying you in the car.
It's only when you have turned 18 that you are allowed to drive solo.

So when our daughter got her license I or her mother went with her in our car, or she drove us to visits or whatever. But her older brother could not accompany her, being four years older than her he was not considered old enough nor experienced enough to accompany her.
But they are pretty strict in regards to traffic violations committed by new drivers! For the first, I think it's three years, a new driver lose the drivers license after two points. For the rest of us who are older and more experienced it's three points and the license is shredded.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sounds the same as here in the UK. We can get a provisional license at 16 but can start lessons at 17. A lot of people use their provisional as ID if still needed - I have a baby face, so I still need mine, lol (I can't drive for medical reasons so haven't had any lessons to get a "proper" license yet).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank