The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nikolai has appeared in Tatler as an eligible bachelor: https://www.tatler.com/gallery/singl...3d9hci6Azv3YcE

Old 02-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Majesty

"Prince Nikolai secretly works for the property manager Mikael Goldschmidt"
"According to SE and HØR's information, the prince intends to start at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) when the summer of 2019 goes down."

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/ny...om-milliardaer
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/prins-nikol...ers-virksomhed

Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nikolai is cover to Vogue Ukraine April

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvTqnCQgTz0/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvT745ggnwp/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvT7yn9g5uu/

https://vogue.ua/ua/article/vogueman...leto-2019.html
Old 03-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wonder why fashion lay-outers so often tend to insist on their readers looking up the nostrils of their models.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 -

Interesting that he's on the front for the Ukranian edition - I wonder if he was already set to work in Ukraine for modelling and they recognised him or if he is already beginning to make somewhat of a name for himself in some parts of Europe as a model. I still wish he would call himself Nikolai Frederiksborg (as I read that he and Felix do sometimes) or something along the lines as it does feel like he's using his connections as a Danish prince to get into big modelling names like Vogue.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Him being a prince is clearly his main attraction. Otherwise they wouldn't write it on the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
"Prince Nikolai secretly works for the property manager Mikael Goldschmidt"
"According to SE and HØR's information, the prince intends to start at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) when the summer of 2019 goes down."

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/ny...om-milliardaer
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/prins-nikol...ers-virksomhed
Great that he figured out what he wants to do next. Hopefully this is really his own choice.

I just read that Felipe (Froilan) and Victoria are also (going to be) in business school. It seems a popular choice, especially if you don't really know what to do with your life. Otherwise it would be better to first do a Bachelor in a more specific field and add a business type master's to that.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting that he's on the front for the Ukranian edition - I wonder if he was already set to work in Ukraine for modelling and they recognised him or if he is already beginning to make somewhat of a name for himself in some parts of Europe as a model. I still wish he would call himself Nikolai Rosenborg (as I read that he and Felix do sometimes) or something along the lines as it does feel like he's using his connections as a Danish prince to get into big modelling names like Vogue.
He calls himself Nikolai Frederiksborg on Instagram
Old 03-22-2019, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

Yep, that’s what I was referring to - knew I’d got the wrong “-borg!”

Old 03-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

That is interesting as it is equivalent to using her mother's "last name" from a certain point of view of course. I would expect him to go by "Prince Nikolai of Denmark" instead.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is interesting as it is equivalent to using her mother's "last name" from a certain point of view of course. I would expect him to go by "Prince Nikolai of Denmark" instead.
Likely doesn't want to be seen as 'using his title'. Though we know he would never be on that cover without it.

Could be seen as a stage name. Like Princess Theodora being Theodora Greece. Sounds better IMO then Nikolai Denmark.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Reminds me of Eleonore Habsburg who for a time decided to use her mother's last name, but found out that "Habsburg" is not as interesting (too many of them, no money) as "Eleonore Thyssen" (money, always money).
Old 03-23-2019, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do we know whether the Vogue feature a portrait of Nikolai?

If so, it is natural to use his royal title, because he can't run away from his royal status - as long as he is Prince to Denmark.
If he is merely used as a model in another context, then I do not like that he use his royal title.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Him being a prince is clearly his main attraction. Otherwise they wouldn't write it on the cover.
Well, yes, I was more trying to point out that if he used a less obvious name in his modelling career it would seem more "ethical" in a sense rather than using his title for better work opportunities (which doesn't seem fair on other models who'd have to earn the position).

Old 03-23-2019, 06:23 PM
Majesty

And I fully agree with that.

Especially since his grandmother is a reigning queen, I don't think he should be using his title to advance his modeling career - as he currently is doing.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Well, yes, I was more trying to point out that if he used a less obvious name in his modelling career it would seem more "ethical" in a sense rather than using his title for better work opportunities (which doesn't seem fair on other models who'd have to earn the position).

But any model lives on their inheritance - no one earned their physical advantages that allow them to become models. So Nicolai ist both: beautiful and having the right ancestors? Other models are the son or daughter of.... As long as NIcolai is not payed to not use his name/title, I personally think its his right to make money from it in such an "innocent" way - he could sell you shares of insurance companies instead!
Old 03-23-2019, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
But any model lives on their inheritance - no one earned their physical advantages that allow them to become models. So Nicolai ist both: beautiful and having the right ancestors? Other models are the son or daughter of.... As long as NIcolai is not payed to not use his name/title, I personally think its his right to make money from it in such an "innocent" way - he could sell you shares of insurance companies instead!

You’ve made a very good point if I may say so myself! I was thinking more along the lines of a model putting in years of work getting a job that a royal starting or famous person starting would get a lot more quickly, though you are right in that one of the main points in modelling is scouting for good looks which is essentially the same thing as what Nikolai is doing with his connections. And I guess, as you have pointed out, there are a lot worse things he could be using his title for.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy 10th Birthday to Prince Hnerik!!!!

Nye billeder | Kongehuset

The pictures taken by Princess Marie!
Old 05-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Oh my god, where's the cute little boy we used to know? He's so much looking like a young teenager now! Time goes by too fast..
Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can't believe Henrik is 10 already! He looks so grown up. I hope he had a lovely birthday.