The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 12-01-2018, 06:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

The captions on the pictures seem to reinforce the pattern of divorced royal women having questionable "friends" if that is indeed from a friend's Instagram.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The comments on the pictures seem to reinforce the pattern of divorced royal women having questionable "friends" if that is indeed from a friend's Instagram.
That is indeed the question!

I'm beginning to think that it is perhaps not such a bad idea that Alexandra is accompanying her son, as a chaperone, to such events.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Administrator

I suppose the very last thing a child of that age will want to hear is that he has a 'hot, hot, hot momma'.

I am sure the boo-part was meant as a compliment and not literally.

Brett Lloyd is a successful fashion photographer, I am not sure what is questionable about him (other than his taste in captions ).
Old 12-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I suppose the very last thing a child of that age will want to hear is that he has a 'hot, hot, hot momma'.

Brett Lloyd is a successful fashion photographer, I am not sure what is questionable about him (other than his taste in captions ).

I don't know anything about Brett Lloyd. I was commenting based solely on the captions, which were inappropriate IMHO.

Royals don't live in a bubble anymore. They go out in the real world, go to normal schools, have "normal" friends and even normal jobs. So they are naturally more exposed than in the past. However, it appears to me that Alexandra and Nikolai are crossing some lines, and that is not good, especially for Nikolai who is still a member of the Royal Family, albeit far down in the line of succession.

Am I being too harsh ?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't know anything about Brett Lloyd. I was commenting based solely on the captions, which were inappropriate IMHO.

Royals don't live in a bubble anymore. They go out in the real world, go to normal schools, have "normal" friends and even normal jobs. So they are naturally more exposed than in the past. However, it appears to me that Alexandra and Nikolai are crossing some lines, and that is not good, especially for Nikolai who is still a member of the Royal Family, albeit far down in the line of succession.

Am I being too harsh ?
Not in my eyes.

I happen to agree with you.
Which is why I believe the most sensible solution would be for Nikolai to give up his royal status, one way or another.
He will be much more free to pursue his dreams, which at present seems to be modeling.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Too familiar for my taste in regards to a royal.

Ok, if Nikolai was "only" a count.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I don't think Alexandra has anything against Nikolai modelling. On the contrary in fact!
There are references in this thread to Alexandra being involved in Nikolai's modeling work, albeit from the sideline. It was also a friend of Alexandra who approached her in order to offer Nikolai the chance of becoming a model. The head of the modeling agency Nikolai belongs to, is a friend of Alexandra.
The one who would perhaps like to discourage Nikolai from pursuing a professional modeling career would IMO more likely be Joachim.

ADDED:

https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-v...-prins-nikolai
Alexandra was present today when he walked the catwalk.
Nikolai had a prominent role in the show.
Alexandra said via her secretary:
"It went totally fantastic. I was very overwhelmed by the fantastic show and the atmosphere was so good. I'm immensely proud of him, he did so well."

The creative head of his agency, Sune Planer said:
"The last time he opened and closed the show and today he closed it. He did it really good and closed the show and that is in itself a huge honor and very prestigious, so we are very proud of that."
Thank you as ever for your insightful input, Muhler - I knew I could count on you for an interesting response!
You're right; as a more traditional royal Joachim does seem more like the parent who would be opposed to the idea of modelling. I'm glad that he has Alexandra as his support network in his career.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I mainly wonder why an adult would bring his mother on a business trip to the other end of the world...
Old 12-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I mainly wonder why an adult would bring his mother on a business trip to the other end of the world...
To cover his behind...
Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Dior Boys!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq49HpwhXUp/
Old 12-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

S&H is now involving Joachim in the "Clio-gate"...

https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kong...achims-broeler
Old 12-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

So Joachim had an agreement with the car rental company? For Nikolai to pose for them and get a discount ?
Old 12-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
So Joachim had an agreement with the car rental company? For Nikolai to pose for them and get a discount ?
I am somewhat skeptical of that one too!
Okay, Joachim may have had an agreement for Nikolai to either pick up or rent a car himself with the company.
But as Polyesco say I doubt very much Joachim would in his wildest dream agree to Nikolai posing or otherwise promote the company.

So my conclusion is still that Nikolai, on his own, somehow agreed to (or even suggested) posing knowing that the photos would be posted on the company intranet. (And as such at some point inevitably destined to come to the attention of the public.)
Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I also find it hard to believe that Joachim agreed for Nikolai to promote Sixt (the closest to this I would find believable is Nikolai asking if he can rent a car from the company and Joachim agreeing), since he seems to be of a more traditional mindset and I can imagine that he wouldn't approve so much of royals having careers like modelling. (Isn't S&H also known for being a gossip rag in Norway?) It's quite the confusing situation!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Hes, what, 18 or 19 years old? And hes recently completely upended his career plans, (no more army), without a well planned gap year or university course to fall back on. Hes modeling, a career that provides easy access to any number of poor choices with permanent consequences. And he already got involved in some sort of stupidity regarding a weird deal with a car rental agency. Not to mention presumably his parents are still supporting him financially.

So, yeah, this isnt really a situation where Id want to push the baby bird out of the nest and hope he learned to fly on his own.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The thing about making mistakes when young is that You Learn from them.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Birthday today to sweet Princess Athena!!!

http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/nye-billeder-8
Old 01-24-2019, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Eya.

I see the photos were taken yesterday, after a bit of snow had fallen over that part of DK, as we saw on the Amalienborg pics you posted.

Apple, the furry creature must be getting old! Our Marie had her when she started dating Joachim.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

What cute pictures! love the one with her little "apple"
Old 01-25-2019, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Such sweet photos! I can't believe Athena is seven already, how time flies. Love that they included her dog in the photos.