Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"How would I say Raffles in Danish?"
A whole bunch more short Raffles spots are up on YouTube, with different bits of voiceover.
"Asia really fascinates him", says Nikolai.

Last edited:
I don't know. Because I'm not sure what raffle is. :ermm:

Isn't a raffle a kind of lottery?

I don't know. Because I'm not sure what raffle is. :ermm:

Isn't a raffle a kind of lottery?

Yes, but the hotel name is Raffles, the name of the British dude who founded Singapore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamford_Raffles

They are just having fun with the English ability to verb anything, though no, it doesn't make real sense.

Nik does attempt a Danish pronunciation in the second video.

Prince Nikolai: Model behind the scene backstage

A version with the whole show:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't Joachim working in shipping when he met Alex?

If Felix is the brainiac, I wonder why he doesn't want to go to university.

Maybe it is too late to start a university course now in the middle of the academic year and he will have to apply to start only in the Fall of 2022. I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

That makes most sense to me. He was supposed to be in army training this year but quit rather quickly but most likely not soon enough to start university studies.

I guess his father's contacts got him an 'internship' (normally that is part of some kind of degree program but in this case, it is most likely primarily to keep him busy for the next 6 months and in addition pick up some transferable skills).

Prince Felix will start an internship at A.P. Møller Mærsk ( container shipping company) which is headquartered in Copenhagen.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ke-julegave-til-sin-mor-alexandra-er-saa-glad

Good. That internship will be of great help if he applies for and gain entry at Copenhagen Business School. (Which Nikolai is also attending.) CBS is a business-university, where he can gain his bachelor and master.

He was indeed. IIRC that was also at Mærsk.
CBS is a kind of university, with focus on a business career.

Maybe it is too late to start a university course now in the middle of the academic year and he will have to apply to start only in the Fall of 2022. I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

Correct.
It's the same for my daughter. She's having a gap-year now and will apply for whatever field of study she wish to pursue next year, (She's not yet 100 % sure) in order to start in August 2022.

Prince Nikolai on the runway for the Rains Menswear Fall/Winter 2022-2023 show as part of Paris Fashion Week yesterday, January 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think the most fascinating detail from all of this was that Felix apparently could have been a model too. And he has a very different look from his brother!

Hmm, two things springs to mind:

He doesn't really say anything, but I find it interesting that he mentions his attachment to France. He has very strong connections to France, through no less than two families. His dad's and our Marie's families. So career wise his future may well lie in France.
That Alexandra's secretary controlled the interview is no accident either. His words has been checked and weighed and this is as close to an official statement we will get.

I'm not sure what we can put in Benedikte posing with him. Not at Nikolai's level, being a member of the DRF, but not a high ranking, nor a working member.
It may signify that the relationship is very serious indeed, but it may be also be a part of a natural portrait of Nikolai.

It would really be noteworthy had it been one of M&F's children posing with a sweetheart. Especially Christian and Isabella.

Last edited:
I guess I’m curious. For a handsome prince’s girlfriend, Benedikte seems to be mostly left alone by the press, or at least treated respectfully and not hassled overly much. Is it because of his distance from the throne, or would the press not bother at all if it weren’t for Nikolai’s looks and career?

Or is she intruded on and that doesn’t make news?

I guess I’m curious. For a handsome prince’s girlfriend, Benedikte seems to be mostly left alone by the press, or at least treated respectfully and not hassled overly much. Is it because of his distance from the throne, or would the press not bother at all if it weren’t for Nikolai’s looks and career?

The members of the Royal family are mostly left alone when they're in private. There's most likely a deal between the press and the court and the media outlets and journalists that broke it would quickly find themselves without any access to the Royal family.

Last edited:

Most of the time she will left alone. She won't be stalked by the press. The law on privacy will see to that.

But I think the explanation is very simple: There is hardly anything to write about.
If Benedikte says nothing. Her family says nothing and Nikolai's interviews are checked by Alexandra's secretary, there really can't be many juicy details.

Most of the time she will left alone. She won't be stalked by the press. The law on privacy will see to that.

But I think the explanation is very simple: There is hardly anything to write about.
If Benedikte says nothing. Her family says nothing and Nikolai's interviews are checked by Alexandra's secretary, there really can't be many juicy details.

Is it strange that it seems anytime Felix or Nikolai do an interview or give a quote that it is mentioned that it comes through Alexandra's PR...would it not be more usual that it comes via Joachim's PR? Or does it matter.

Mary was very much hassled though. Was that because she wasn’t Danish, or because Frederik is the heir?

Are you saying if Benedikte wasn’t Danish, she would be fair game, even being discreet?

Mary was very much hassled though. Was that because she wasn’t Danish, or because Frederik is the heir?

Are you saying if Benedikte wasn’t Danish, she would be fair game, even being discreet?

Because Frederik was the heir and because she was abroad, where the laws on privacy are different.
Once she moved to DK, there were no paparazzi lurking and no journalists setting up camp outside her (official) home and workplace.
At worst a photographer may take up position outside Amalienborg for a few hours. Or outside Fredensborg in the hope that M&F will make an appearance in public or drive by.
You are not allowed to stalk or harass people just because they are dating a member of the DRF. You are as a journalist allowed to approach them, but unless you have very good reasons, you can't persist if you are turned down.
In Australia even her garbage was combed through by journalists.
In DK, my garbage is my property until the sanitation workers have placed it in their dumpster.

Is it strange that it seems anytime Felix or Nikolai do an interview or give a quote that it is mentioned that it comes through Alexandra's PR...would it not be more usual that it comes via Joachim's PR? Or does it matter.

One should think so.

But if Nikolai prefers that the interaction between him and the press is handled by his mother, well, so be it. He's an adult.
Anyway, it's my impression Alexandra is, if not handling, then certainly reading through contracts and appointments on behalf of Nikolai. Which is no doubt a sound precaution.

Judging from some of the impromptu interviews J&M have been giving the past couple of years, it's tempting to question if they have PR at all (or the DRF's press department is the closest thing to PR they have). If so, those PR people haven't been doing a very sound job.

Last edited:
Alexandra seems to have overseen all Nikolai’s interviews for a few years now. (She used to be physically there, discreetly.) Considering it was her contacts that got Nik into modeling, I think it makes sense she still wants to oversee the both of them.

If at any time Nik and Felix want to speak more freely, I’m sure they will.

There could be a deal made between Alexandra and Joachim that she will handle the boys' PR. Alexandra has always been very apt at handling the media and I'm certain that she doesn't do anything regarding her sons without the approval of Amalienborg.
For whatever reason the four of them seems to feel that it's better for Alexandra to handle the boys' affairs and it's honestly probably for the better. Joachim has neither business acumen nor does he handle the media very well.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder if, given’s his brother’s recent info that Felix could have been a model too, along with that we didn’t hear anything about Felix signing with anyone the way we did Nikolai, he’s actually been quietly signed the whole time and only decided to start now? According to the tabs, as well as the agency themselves, he is also with Scoop Models, like Nikolai. https://webcache.googleusercontent....inger-ud-som-model+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Also, he has a scar on his nose that I’ve never noticed.

Also also, given how prestigious Georg Jensen is, that’s not too bad for a first job! — but I’ll guess we’ll see if he ends up doing fashion as well. He is a little shorter than Nikolai; not sure if that would take him off the runway.

Third also — can GJ shoot a campaign at the palaces any time they like, or does having Felix make that easier?

Last edited:
Article says it was shot in a historical mansion not one of the palaces.
https://politiken.dk/kultur/mode/ar...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1644495101

I have a bit of mix feelings. Yes he can do whatever he wants, but it is seems he is choosing the easy route of modeling, made even easier by his title. :mellow:

And this bit of news just reminded me that neither he nor Nikolai have shown any interest (maybe pose for a photo or two) for the Foundation named after both of them :whistling:
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/uddelinger-fra-nikolai-og-felix-fonden-2021

Felix has signed to the same model agency as Nikolai. Here are many more photos
https://scoopmodels.com/model/prince-felix
https://scoopmodels.com/model/prince-felix/polaroids

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom