Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am really surprised at this Mary vs Marie, I thought there would be more Alexandra vs Marie...
I don't understand this either :sad: Why not assume that they will both end up greatly relieved that the other one is there to pull her share of the work done by the royal family - and possibly become really good friends too?

Do you think that the marriage will take place in April?

Do you think that the marriage will take place in April?

Most Danish commentators are guessing May - a popular month for royal weddings in Denmak - and the April weather here is usually rather capricious.At least one historican also guess that the wedding may take place at the chapel at Møgeltønder. I am not sure about that; even if this wedding will be more low-key than Joachim's first at the palace church at Frederiksborg the wedding party will be of some size I guess. Perhaps they will use the chapel at Fredensborg - where Isabella was christened this summer.

I have just said that it is my felling that they will not be best friends like going shopping together! But if the party is at Fredensborg we can assume that Frderick and Mary are involved in that!

Sometimes I must really smile about the "feelings" here - I do so love speculations myself but on what information are these feelings based? We've as far as I remember only seen pics from one occasion where Mary and Marie were together. Is that enough to already believe there is a catfight coming up?

Maybe some people here should send me pictures from only one of their family occasions (with all people involved smiling) and I will tell about my "feelings": if they enjoy the company of their relatives or if they go shopping together or if they wish for a funeral in the near future.... LOL! What an idea!

the video

I have to say that once I heard Marie speaking in the video links, I've been chermed by her voice, accent and words!
She is really lovely.

great news, good for them! i dont see why mary and marie have to be rivals they are so different and their goals for future differ a lot too.

I don't understand this either :sad: Why not assume that they will both end up greatly relieved that the other one is there to pull her share of the work done by the royal family - and possibly become really good friends too?

For finally there is another girl with similar experiences - why should Mary not be really happy to have a new sister-in-law?

Most Danish commentators are guessing May - a popular month for royal weddings in Denmak - and the April weather here is usually rather capricious.At least one historican also guess that the wedding may take place at the chapel at Møgeltønder. I am not sure about that; even if this wedding will be more low-key than Joachim's first at the palace church at Frederiksborg the wedding party will be of some size I guess. Perhaps they will use the chapel at Fredensborg - where Isabella was christened this summer.

But in May Crown prince Frederik turns 40. I also think that they will use Fredensborg as it would be strange if he would marry a second time at Frederiksborg where his first marriage took place.
How big is the church at Schackenborg, and how much space is at the Castle there for the Ball afterwards.

Do you think it will be broadcasted by european TV-stations?

But in May Crown prince Frederik turns 40. I also think that they will use Fredensborg as it would be strange if he would marry a second time at Frederiksborg where his first marriage took place.
How big is the church at Schackenborg, and how much space is at the Castle there for the Ball afterwards.
You're right he does turn 40 :) On the other hand the DRF celebrated Henrik's 70th birthday within a month after F&M's wedding, so perhaps it won't deter them.
I don't know how many the church at Schackenborg will seat - only remember that when prince Felix was baptised there the TV commentator said the church was relatively small.
Don't know if Schackenborg would be large enough for the celebrations; even if the wedding is to be low-key, they would easily invite 100 guests or more I guess?

omg....can u imagine Marie looks exactly like Mary @ her enagement ?!!!! the hair, the smile, the gestures... they seriously look like twins!

I wonder what Marie will bring to the table. She has a very bright personality. I wonder what her interests are? It will be interesting to see how she develops. She seems to have a lot of spunk!

Marie will be quite beautiful in a couple of years. Just look at Mary's transformation!

She is already beautiful hey...

Horribe suit! She needs to make a extreme makeover to look like a Princess. White outfit with black shoes!! She will change for sure!

:ROFLMAO: Then what should we say about Margrethe's wardrobe ... and she IS the QUEEN!

You know, everybody is comparing what Marie looks like to Mary, but while going through Madeleine's excellant-as-always pictures, you know who she reminded me of?
Princess Anita! (wife of Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven, nephew of Queen Beatrix)

If Mary and Anita had a shared half-sister, that would be Marie!

Fabulous congrats to them. I wonder if Alexandra would actually bow to Marie I don't think so.

Last edited:
Did a few day ago she dropped a hint to photographers that they will soon have an official occasion to picture her and Prince Joachim. Then we all wonder what did she meant "official occasion" picture. Well, sure enough, few days later the royal family announced her engagement to Prince Joachim. She cannot kept quite.

Yep, I read about that. She made it pretty obvious what was about to happen.

I have two questions for you all. 1) Why did they speak in English at the press conference and not in Danish? And 2) If they got engaged in the beginning of summer then why did they have to wait so long before announcing it?

Perhaps they waited to announce their engagement until after the Queen announced it to the Government Council; just like MandF's. Anyway, I look forward to lots of interesting scenes and, of course the wedding. Can anyone tell me how to access Danish Royal Watchers so I can see what they can add?

********* Congratulations***********

I personally don't find it discrete to invite the press into your home, pose for them, tell them you love a man but haven't told him yet, tell them it's not his fault that his marriage failed, tell them you are not dating him anymore, tell them that they will have plenty of photo-opportunities in the future, ~ 2 weeks before the engagement announcement...
I mean, nothing of this was really bad but discrete? Certainly not. We got all those infos from her and I think her behaviour towards the press was quite different than that of Mary, Maxima and Mette-Marit.

My remark was not meant as a criticism, it was simply a reply to someone who said Marie proofed she can be discrete because she didn't say anything about the engagement. As a matter of fact she gave the press a hint.

Her behavior is different from mary , maxima etc but I personally like the differences because i think those were different situations. this is joachim's second marriage, he is older and there are children involved. he's already had his big romantic wedding when he was younger. its all different now.

i thought their oppenness suited their situation. (it wouldnt have suited Mary or mette marit)

i suspect marie and joachim made a joint decision that she would be the one to tell the press. it would be much harder for him as a royal.

and again, nothing marie's ever said has gotten her into hot water. she's just made very innocuous statements. i dont think - in light of their situation - that her talking to the media at all is inherently indiscreet.

I don't understand why all the comparisons already! Yes they look alike but they are two completely different people! Never put people in the same box just from looking at pictures. Marie was sweet and polite during the press conference. SO what if she let a few things slip to the media she has been engaged for months I would find it hard to keep quiet if I was engaged to an attractive man like Joachim. Give a girl a break!
Also, if we are judging her by the outfit (which I happen to think looked lovely) what can we say about her future mother-in-law who appears to have a terrible fashion sense. It is not the clothes that make a good princess

Its unfair to judge Marie so early. We havent seen her doing anything yet for us to compare. Every royal is & will be different than the other. If Marie & Mary dress, do things like one another, its normal. Theyre married to brothers & Mary might teach Marie things the way she does therefore Marie will act like her.
Give the women a break please...

I...what can we say about her future mother-in-law who appears to have a terrible fashion sense. It is not the clothes that make a good princess
...aahhhh, but queen Margrethe and fashion are never mentioned in the same sentence - Margrethe dresses like.... Margrethe;) Just like you wouldn't mention queen Beatrix and nice hats in the same sentence. But the hats are undoubtedly Beatrix!:)

Congratulations to HRH The Prince Joachim & Ms Marie Cavellier

Maybe both princes Federick and Joachim proposed to their girlfriends, Mary and Marie respectively, during their summer vacation in Caix?​

Crown Prince Frederik proposed to Crown Princess Mary in Rome.​

My thanks to UserDane for keeping the thread up to date :flowers:

Last edited:
Madeleine Glindorf, your pictures are FANTASTIC! :flowers::flowers:

Marie and Joachim both look so happy during the press conference.

Someone asked why they spoke English during the press conference, I think that is because Marie doesn't speak enough Danish yet to do a press conference in Danish

They could have spoken French? But maybe it is not so widely spoken in Denmark as English?
Congratulations to Joachim and Marie. I wish them all the best.

Oh, this is great. Hope they will be very happy together. Marie will look beautiful as a bride. She seemed very happy today as Joachim too.

Back
Top Bottom