Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is so great! I've been away from the computer for a few days, and then we recieve this wonderful news! I'm so thrilled my hands are shaking!!!! So she will be HRH Princess Marie, does she know any Danish?

I for one am thrilled that Prince Joachim looks, sounds, and acts very happy. Although he gets little media attention he does work hard for Denmark and is very articulate. Actually both Joachim & Marie have lovely speaking voices and both speak various languages.
I do hope Marie has a very fancy tiara-style wedding (afterall its her first) and they invite the many Crown Royals for her to meet them and become more in tune with the "family"---besides Denmark does huge gala's so beautifully.
On another Board it was mentioned that the CP Couple did "not" attend the engagement lunch------does anyone know if that is true ??? If its true that would be a huge media-blunder and we will never hear the end of it

Well it seams that they are having now a family party at Fredensborg so it seams that Mary was at home this afternnon preparing things for the party, Frederick and Mary gave that party to them! Although something telling me that Marie and Mary will not be best friends!

what did she say or do that showed a lack of discretion?
I personally don't find it discrete to invite the press into your home, pose for them, tell them you love a man but haven't told him yet, tell them it's not his fault that his marriage failed, tell them you are not dating him anymore, tell them that they will have plenty of photo-opportunities in the future, ~ 2 weeks before the engagement announcement...
I mean, nothing of this was really bad but discrete? Certainly not. We got all those infos from her and I think her behaviour towards the press was quite different than that of Mary, Maxima and Mette-Marit.

My remark was not meant as a criticism, it was simply a reply to someone who said Marie proofed she can be discrete because she didn't say anything about the engagement. As a matter of fact she gave the press a hint.

Last edited:
Well it seams that they are having now a family party at Fredensborg so it seams that Mary was at home this afternnon preparing things for the party, Frederick and Mary gave that party to them! Although something telling me that Marie and Mary will not be best friends!

Why? Maybe Mary is really happy to get another woman in the royal family... I think any rivalry would be childish, they really can become friends or at leats be friendly to each other, if they are both mature...

i am really surprised at this Mary vs Marie, I thought there would be more Alexandra vs Marie...

Great news! I just saw the pictures of this morning and they look so happy! I guess we were expecting this but it still took me by suprise. I didn't see Mary though in the pictures with the danish government earlier.

i am really surprised at this Mary vs Marie, I thought there would be more Alexandra vs Marie...
it's annoying...

Mary and Frederik make a party for Joachim and Marie.
What does it tell us? Right- Mary and Marie will never get along well.
That's not very logical, in my opinion.

Great news! I just saw the pictures of this morning and they look so happy! I guess we were expecting this but it still took me by suprise. I didn't see Mary though in the pictures with the danish government earlier.
as far as I know Mary isn't part of the constitution (only the Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince). This is why she wasn't at the meeting of the Danish Parliament.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my personal opinion Marie shoes are horrible.
Marie looks so, so...
does She speak Danish?. Because They had an interview with the Media

I hope that they are very happy! I do not think that there will be a problem with Mary and Marie. Mary knows her role and that she will be the next Queen. Marie also know this as well.

it's annoying...

Mary and Frederik make a party for Joachim and Marie.
What does it tell us? Right- Mary and Marie will never get along well.
That's not very logical, in my opinion.
I have just said that it is my felling that they will not be best friends like going shopping together! But if the party is at Fredensborg we can assume that Frderick and Mary are involved in that!

Does anyone think this will be a smaller wedding attended by representatives of the royal families or do you think the crown royals will come out? I'm thinking smaller scale?

Her teeth are reallyyy white...
On the press conference, maybe I didn't listen properly, but I thought she said something about Mary's fascinating background and her being really nice and simple, when asked? (something with simple and great simplicity) It was a while before the question if she could learn anything from her.

Does anyone think this will be a smaller wedding attended by representatives of the royal families or do you think the crown royals will come out? I'm thinking smaller scale?

I remember the wedding of Märtha Lousie and Arie Behn.... there were also crown royals, like Maxima and Willem-Alexander... i don´t think that everyone is coming, but i hope many

Did a few day ago she dropped a hint to photographers that they will soon have an official occasion to picture her and Prince Joachim. Then we all wonder what did she meant "official occasion" picture. Well, sure enough, few days later the royal family announced her engagement to Prince Joachim. She cannot kept quite.

I remember the wedding of Märtha Lousie and Arie Behn.... there were also crown royals, like Maxima and Willem-Alexander... i don´t think that everyone is coming, but i hope many
I hope so, too... But they said they hope for a private wedding, so what does that mean? Only family?

Mary knows her role and that she will be the next Queen. Marie also know this as well.
Yes, and I think it would be quite stupid of Marie to start a fight with the future queen.

I think those comments are quite annoying, just like the comments about a rivalry between Alexandra and Mary were. They make both sides look bad. And I would like to believe that these women are on a much more mature level.

Last edited:
I'm surprised to see how many speculation about the relationship of Mary and Marie are going around in this thread.
Maybe the best would be to wait a bit until Mary and Marie had time to get to know each other and will show each other together in public during official events.
Until then everyone should stay relaxed and see them as 2 totally different women.

I never expected that there would be so many people who talk so badly about Marie.. My first impression of her today was quite a good one. She and Joachim looked really cute together and it was lovely to see the Prince supporting his future wife during the inteview.

Yes, and I think it would be quite stupid of Marie to start a fight with the future queen.

I think those comments are quite annoying, just like the comments about a rivalry between Alexandra and Mary were. They make both sides look bad. And I would like to believe that these women are on a much more mature level than some journalists/posters.

Hey,

i don´t know if i speak for everyone but, i think every person have the right to post here his opinion...and this is that what they do. When you don´t like that, than don´t read it.

Now for my annoyance, they have been engaged for a couple months now(according to DRW's site). I really dislike it when RF's keep things like this to themselves. Like they are waiting for the perfect timing to happen. It just seems so calculated! But at the same time in this instance since it is a second marriage maybe it is better for the sake of others that it was kept a secret. However, still a little annoying to me that it was kept quiet.
It was kept quiet because Folketinget (Parliament) was on holiday. As long as they're on holiday, I don't think there are councils of State. Without that, Margrethe couldn't have officially given her permission for the couple to wed. Formalities, but it would be rather odd to announce the engagement and then fail to get the queen's permission...

perhaps a dane will correct me if i'm wrong but i believe i read its the danish royal family tradition to marry someone not from denmark.

Joachim - Alexandra (Hong Kong) - Marie (France)
Frederik - Mary (Australia)
Margrethe - Henrik (France)
Benedikte - Richard (Germany/Prince)
Anne-Marie - Constantine (Greece/King)
Frederik IX - Ingrid (Sweden/Princess)
Knud - Caroline-Mathilde (Denmark - Princess) - male children from this marriage married Danish commoners, and lost their rights to the Danish throne.
Christian X - Alexandrine (Mecklenburg-Schwerin/Duchess)
Frederik VIII - Louise (Sweden/Princess)
Christian IX - Louise (Hesse-Kassel/Princess)

I for one am thrilled that Prince Joachim looks, sounds, and acts very happy. Although he gets little media attention he does work hard for Denmark and is very articulate.
The commentators before the press conference called him one of the more hard-working members of the royal family, and seemed fairly impressed with how he had turned Schackenborg around from being a not-so-profitable farm, to finding a niche for the products.

by the way, i just discovered marie's full name:

Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier

isn't it a lovely one? i suppose that in the same fashion that mary and alexandra are (were) addressed as HRH princess mary elisabeth or HRH princess alexandra christina (when she was a princess), marie will be referred to as HRH princess marie agathe. quite an adorable name and even nicer title!
I've always loved "Odile" as a name. Congratulations to the couple.:flowers:

Does anyone know when Marie will have her first official engagement for the Danish Royal House?
Is there something mentioned in the calendar already?

Back
Top Bottom