Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, how exciting....Can't wait to get the first impressions of Marie Cavallier!

I cannot belive! To me she just want his status!She will not have sufficient qualities to do her Princess role

wonderful, wonderful news!

when will the engagement press meeting take place?

my congratulations to the couple. i'm sure marie will be a great princess of denmark.

I think so too Carlota:flowers:
I just hope that she will be able to settle in better in the rural area of Jutland where Schackenborg is situated than Alexandra did. It has been said in the media here that Marie is well liked at Schackenborg.

I cannot belive! To me she just want his status!She will not have sufficient qualities to do her Princess role

i'm not sure on the title, and i believe we can't judge too much on that as we don't know her but... i really don't think you can assume she doesn't have the qualities. when did she have the chance to show us if she does or not? miss mary donaldson didn't either look an inch of a princess before the engagement and look at her now!

i think marie will be a great princess of denmark, as i said before.

I just WONDER why when someone writes exactly the same about Princess Mary, one seems to be the worst liar and a very bad person who just want to say bad things about a so nice and devoted princess ...:rolleyes:
So, everyone has its own opinion and is free to express it ...

Congrats to both of them !:flowers:

Thats great news! I`m so happy for them. Congrats to both of them:flowers:

Yiiiippppieeeee another royal wedding on the way. Congrats! And it won't get too boring on the Danish threads with these two lookalike sisters in law in the future :lol: Plenty of stuff to discuss, that's for sure :D:cool:

I haven't been a huge fan of Marie but now that she's our coming Princess i'am willing to get to know her. In fact, am looking forward to it.....

Not knowing Marie, I won't pass judgement. What I will say is, firstly congratulations to them both. Secondly, the Danes sure know how to do things properly. The divorce and the remarriage have been handled perfectly - we British could learn a thing or two. Here's to 2008!

And we can look forward to endless threads about Marie's grasp or lack of of the Danish language ;):lol:

Most of all, I hope for them that Marie will like living in a rural place like Møgeltønder. If she can deal with living in the country and 'survive' the long dark winters I think they will do great together.

The newpaper Berlingske Tidende has a picture from today's council meeting at Christiansborg with the newly engaged couple: Maries første officielle billede - Danmark

Last edited by a moderator:
And we can look forward to endless threads about Marie's grasp or lack of of the Danish language ;):lol:

She will have a close ally as the French stick together :cool:. I hope she will not play that media game, always comparing or playing her off against Mary. She is not Mary and will never be, I hope she can be Marie and show the Danes that she has her own style and character. I am happy for Joachim. He deserves a happy marriage and family life.

The newpaper Berlingske Tidende has a picture from today's council meeting at Christiansborg with the newly engaged couple: Maries første officielle billede - Danmark

Thanks for the link. Where is Mary? Black shoes to a white costume?

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting - a royal wedding and in future more royal babies.

Great News!!!!! :wub:
Congratulation to the couple!!! I so look forward to pictures of the happy couple!
They always look so in love and so I'm really happy for them!

Wonderful news. :flowers:Congratulation to Joachim and Marie :flowers:.

Congrats to Marie, Joachim and also Nikolai and Felix! So exciting to have a wedding to look forward to. I wonder if it will be a quiet affair or a bid occasion. Either way I am sure it will be lovely.

I wish them every happiness:flowers:

Congratulations!
I think they are a beautiful couple and hope their marriage will turn out better than his first.
I have the feeling she really loves Joachim and will be a nice princess.
My only wish is that she would be less "flirtatious" with the press in the future (though I can understand that she wants/wanted a good press).

I hope she will not play that media game, always comparing or playing her off against Mary.
I think it's the media which is and probably always will be playing that game, not Marie. I am quite sure we will see a lot of comparison-articles in the future - and not always in favour of Mary, since Marie seems much more friendly towards the press. :rolleyes:

Where is Mary?
Mary did not (and never does) attend the state council.
But we will probably see her at the press conference at Amalienborg this afternoon and/or on the official engagement pictures.

Last edited:
Will it be a wedding with european royal guests?

Congratulations to Joachim and Marie, and Nikolai and Felix. I hope they live happily for the rest of their life.

Congratulations for both of them and the rest of the Royal Family! :flowers:
Another Royal Wedding, how Great!!!!!! can't wait to know Marie better! :)

Congats

Congratulations to Prince Joachim and Marie. I wish them all the luck they can get and I hope they will be happy years to come

Marie

Back
Top Bottom