Prince Joachim to Marry Alexandra Manley: May 31, 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulette

Courtier
Country
Philippines
Engagement of Prince Joachim of Denamrk to Miss Alexandra Cristina Manley took place on May 31st, 2005

www.corbis.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Press conference took place on June 1st, 1995 at Fredensborg Palace

www.corbis.com

Thank you very much paulette for all these pictures. Sucha different vibe from these engagement pictures than the recent one of Frederick and Mary.

Can anyone explain why the engagement announcement took place on a different day than the press conference when Frederik and Mary had both on one day? And was there a gala dinner for Joachim and Alexandra, too? Or no because they are would not be the Crown Princely couple?

Thanks!

And a thank you from me too, paulette for all these pictures.

I agree with Alexandria about "Such a different vibe from these engagement pictures than the recent one of Frederick and Mary."

I would say, for Royal Families there is a definite advantage to not being born first, and it very much looks to me like these two found soul-mates in each other.

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 12th, 2003 - 11:37 am

I would say, for Royal Families there is a definite advantage to not being born first, and it very much looks to me like these two found soul-mates in each other.
I think this may be an important point. There was much less pressure on Alexandra at the time of her engagement than there is on Mary now. She married the spare, which meant that she had a little more flexibility in determining her public role. Of course, she deserves full credit for becoming one of the most admired women in Denmark...

And for all those that think that Alexandra is above a fashion faux pas, note the black tights worn with the pink suit at the press conference.

I have never seen these photos before..Alexandra looked beautiful on her engagement, but i dont like her hair there. Somebody on another thread said that Mary's hair on her engagement to Frederik looked kinda 1960-ish, i think that Alexandra's hair in these pics looks kinda 1980-ish :unsure:

Maybe it was scheduled that way to have more time for each activity. There was no gala dinner for Joachim and Alexandra. Maybe it was not planned but the engagement itself so with the presscon, I find it grand. It was not plain simplicity, I find their dresses good.

Wow, those pictures are great! They look so in love. I especially like the one where she is looking into the camera and he is cut off but you can see him just staring at her intently and absolutely besotted.

That hairdo makes her look much older than she is and with those boxy suits she looks kinda like an asian Jackie Kennedy.

Originally posted by Ms Hairy Legs@Oct 18th, 2003 - 10:18 pm
Wow, those pictures are great!  They look so in love. I especially like the one where she is looking into the camera and he is cut off but you can see him just staring at her intently and absolutely besotted.

That hairdo makes her look much older than she is and with those boxy suits she looks kinda like an asian Jackie Kennedy.
I thought she looked a little more like Nancy Reagan... :innocent:

Alexandra has very good fashion sense, but I really don't like the way she wears her hair in some events. She wears it all old-fashioned, it makes her look like a 1960s nun who went on the run in a pink suit...

Agree, that her hairstyle there is absolutely unflattering. I personally feel that she used too much makeup earlier on, and I hate those black tights, but during those days, the fashion in Hong Kong was like that....exaggerated, gold buttons etc.

I guess also, that there were too many "advisers" who felt that for a royal engagement, the brides (Mary included) must look special. The problem is that they all look so much better in their more natural state!

Marrying a spare may be less pressure than for a Crown Princess, but as a non-royal foreigner, it must have been a lot of pressure for Alex. I admire her for how she has handled it.

i wonder if anyone might have come across any pictures of alexandra in her very first few public engagements after her wedding ? i hope someone can post them here as i would like to see how she has transformed into what she is today.

Originally posted by andiemac@Nov 19th, 2003 - 2:32 am
i wonder if anyone might have come across any pictures of alexandra in her very first few public engagements after her wedding ? i hope someone can post them here as i would like to see how she has transformed into what she is today.
I will try to find some but i will post them at Joachim & Alexandra forum in her picture thread...

Lovely pictures, Sky :) They both look so young.

Do you know, in whick occasion these pictures were taken? Were they kind of official engagement photos?

Great pictures! I have never seen these before. I was sitting here thinking that Alexandra actually looks as if she has gotten younger instead of older I guess it was the hair.

Also, what is with the black pantyhose with the pink dress? Eh :yuk:

Does anyone know how Joachim proposed to Alexandra? I know he proposed while they were in the Philippines, but nothing else...

somebody mentioned that he proposed to her in the philippines? why was he there? is she filipina by any chance?

aj00192557 said:
somebody mentioned that he proposed to her in the philippines? why was he there? is she filipina by any chance?

I had read somewhere that P. Joachim proposed to Alexandra while on a trip to the Philippines. I guess they were there on vacation together. Alexandra is not Filipina (the pity...), but rather part Chinese, British, Austrian, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom