The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Prince Joachim spoke at the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference today, May 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 05-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Today, May 6, Prince Joachim opened the special exhibition "FACE. The Exhibition. An exhibition about your face" at the Museum Silkeborg:

** mja.dk gallery: Åbning af udstillingen »Face« på Museum Silkeborg med Prins Joachim **

Old 05-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Majesty

One more picture from Joachim attending the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference, on May 4th

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=njUSF-AP
not wearing a tie
Old 05-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
One more picture from Joachim attending the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference, on May 4th

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=njUSF-AP
not wearing a tie
There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.
On the way to the event, Joachim was set upon by brigands who in a swift, well-drilled and well-executed action snatched his tie.
I understand that in the underworld items worn by Joachim fetch extraordinary high prizes as they are considered the very definition of gentleman's fashion.
- It's true, the voices tell me.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2017.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Joachim talking about what modern royalty is to foreign students.

Joachim recently took part in Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference and here he asked various questions from international students, especially about the role of royals in a democracy.

Joachim said among other things: "We are not cartoon-figures, but also a family which blends into the community - who from time to time pops up".

How does he view himself when he is going on official visits abroad?
"I consider myself an ambassador and I'll like to be the dream-guest. That's why I'm always well-prepared and I ensure I follow the customs of the country. My parents have taught me to meet people's expectations".

But how about the DRF now also being on Facebook and Instagram?
"That was about time in my opinion. We are well aware that there may be questions and perhaps insults. But it's important that we as a modern monarchy reach out to the world. It's no big help that we have marble-statues made in order for people to see how we look". Here Joachim raised his mobile, and getting a good laugh back in return.

How about the Danes time and time again being proclaimed the happiest people in the world?
"For the first time in number of years Norway takes first place. And I'm actually glad. The Danes may have felt a bit too complacent. Next years we are number one again).

He also talked about the Danish work-culture: "In Denmark you have a good balance between work and family life. Yes, we actually expect from our employees that they also have a private life".
Old 05-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Administrator

On May 13 Prince Joachim attended the closure of the European Science Olympiade for pupils in Valby.

** kongehuset.dk gallery: European Science Olympiade 2017 **
Old 05-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Today, May 16, Prince Joachim attended the presentation and test drive of the DTU's Roadrunners.The DTU Roadrunners is a student project at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The team will participate in the Shell Eco Marathon in London.

** BB: Prins Joachim overvejer miljøvenlige kronebiler ** translation **
Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Prince Joachim attended the Nordic Tank Challenge in Oksbøl yesterday, May 18:

** jv.dk gallery **

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Nordic Tank Challenge **

** BB: Prins Joachim tilbage i felten ** translation **
Old 05-19-2017, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

The annual Nordic Tank Challenge is a competition of skill between NATO tank-crews, in which a range of scenarios are played out in regards to fighting other tanks, but also concealment, range-finding, getting out of ambushes, engaging multiple targets and fighting on the run.
The best crew in all disciplines win.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Prince Joachim and the kids attended the opening of the Classic Race in Aarhus yesterday, May 19:

** BB: Prins Joachim hjalp børnene til sæbekasseløb ** translation **
Old 05-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, Iceflower

Here is a HQ photo: http://billedeupload.dk/images/SARBZ.jpg
And a small gallery from the box-car event: CRAA 2017 Fredag - Spotted

I guess The Siesbye daughter and mademoiselle Athena are what do you call it? Car-models? Car-chicks?

And despite nasty gossip, Joachim sure can't talk his way out of being Felix dad anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Joachim and the kids attended the opening of the Classic Race in Aarhus yesterday, May 19:

** BB: Prins Joachim hjalp børnene til sæbekasseløb ** translation **
Old 05-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Administrator

I guess the girls would be indignant about being called car-models or chicks, they are drivers!

Some pics of today have been shared on the official Facebook page, Prince Joachim participated in the race, Queen Margrethe and the kids were present again:

** fb gallery **
Old 05-21-2017, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Muhler, so our idea of Margrethe spending the whole day with the reformation events has proved to be wrong

Here are some more pics:

** motorsporten.dk pic ** jv.dk gallery **

** BB: Dronning Margrethe besøgte prins Joachim på racerbanen ** translation **
Old 05-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps it was before the reformation-event started?

I think everything Joachim told her about cars went in one ear and out the other... Cars not being her main interest.

I imagine Joachim and children plus friends stayed at Marselisborg (the adjacent cavallier-building that is) this weekend.

--------------------

ADDED: The question about where to stay is solved: http://aarhus.lokalavisen.dk/tv-dron...kler/705219903
QMII stayed aboard Dannebrog during her visit to Aarhus.

Also interesting is how such unscheduled visits takes place. The PR-man of the Classic Car event got a phone-call informing him that QMII would arrive at the race within half an hour.

And here are two nice photos: http://stiften.dk/article_gallery/454727
Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Nice seeing the Queen with her son and grandkids. A fun day I bet
Old 05-24-2017, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Prince Joachim attended the start of the EV Trophy electric car rally at Christiansborg Palace Square today, May 24 (and was asked to comment on Roger Moore's death, see the BB article) :

** kongehuset.dk gallery: EV Trophy el-bil rally **

** BB: Prins Joachim: Roger Moore var et stort menneske ** translation **
Old 05-24-2017, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Joachim attended the start of the EV Trophy electric car rally at Christiansborg Palace Square today, May 24 (and was asked to comment on Roger Moore's death, see the BB article) :

** kongehuset.dk gallery: EV Trophy el-bil rally **

** BB: Prins Joachim: Roger Moore var et stort menneske ** translation **
Thank you, Iceflower

Interesting that BB says Joachim was a close friend of Roger Moore. - But one has to be careful when magazines use the word "close friend". But if that's the case J&M may attend his funeral.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Majesty

After some googling, it looks like Roger Moore attended the baptism of Felix in 2002
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id124044955
Old 05-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
After some googling, it looks like Roger Moore attended the baptism of Felix in 2002
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id124044955
He has attended several DRF events.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 27, Prince Joachim attended the Veteran Fund's concert "Engage" in Copenhagen.

** BB: Prins Joachim til krigsveteraner: Vi skylder jer omtanke ** translation ** kongehuset.dk gallery **

Tags
prince joachim, prince joachim current events